Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update: 1 half of 2019

Veteran players will make money to gather ressources in order to craft first rates as soon as possible, spend time in patrols or PvE missions to get CM. Farming noobs in cutter is irrelevant.imho..

Stop complaining about DLC, they can be bought, even by a noob.

Edited by Forbin

8 hours ago, Forbin said:

Veteran players will make money to gather ressources in order to craft first rates as soon as possible, spend time in patrols or PvE missions to get CM. Farming noobs in cutter is irrelevant.imho..

Stop complaining about DLC, they can be bought, even by a noob.

the problem is just how important woods are. as example - Teak/White indef vs fir/fir Christian and friends. when you can get "4th" rates in super woods, this will be the norm fighting those veterans sailing first rates made of fir and oak.

Edit- indef wasn't even carro fit. Fir/Fir and Oak/Oak ships just melt compared to solid Teak/White/Live Oak ships.

20190321171849_1.jpg

Edited by John Cavanaugh

I would rather a clan have the option of building like a merchant company or something that spawns more merchant ai. These AI would sail to nearby towns and collect resources. I think that would be a better way to do it as raiding would still be a thing people could do and people that don't want to could just wait for the AI to do it.

• Like 1

So last week we had that big speech telling us that you will basically no longer communicate with the community, yet what i see is quite the contrary. New posts requesting feedback on DLC Ships, and no patch notes.

Can we expect some news on patch content, and maybe an update on the original post for the 1st half of 2019 dev plans?

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

An improvement to trading so that it is more lucrative than Cargo missions.  This would add to ships at sea and increase PVP

Probably be easier to reduce the gains for cargo missions, but yes to better trading

Cosmetic rewards for pvp/rvr/pve leaderboard, timed reward.

Outlaw mechanic back ( you removed R zone), actual hardcore pirate nation, attack friendly = become pirate etc

Just now, Koveras said:

- Whaling

- Slavetrading

- Plantations (for cash-crops, req slavelabor)

- Econ overhaul

- All ships as DLCs (since crafting has become click'n'bake I just can't see the fun in it)

-WTF

-Labor Contracts

-WTF

-yeah, long travel trades

-WTF

• Like 3

Just now, admin said:

new update coming soon

please let us know what you want to see in the new roadmap

Собственно продублирую свои пожелания  в виде того гигантского поста:

Из остального, только основное:

• Нормальный журнал событий (газетчик) и деятельности игрока
  • Больше игровых событий помимо затонувшего флота, в виде европейских конвоев и/или "Золотого флота"
  • Случайные кораблекрушения, не отмеченные на карте, со случайной добычей (от ничего, до эпического сундука)

13 minutes ago, admin said:

new update coming soon

possibilty to:

- crafting obusiers de vaisseau

- possibility to make a fairing to a dlc ship in a port to make him benefit from bonuses (for doubloons / reals or other)

- possiblity to add foreign clans to friendly list for to allow the opening of outpost in a port (like those open to all)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, admin said:

new update coming soon

More paint schemes, crew modeled fully on all ships (or partially by settings, or turn off completely)
A hint on what the "operations" tab under missions is suppose to be would be nice.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, admin said:

new update coming soon

В трейдер туле поиск портов таки оптимизируете под английскую раскладку? 

Порты, начинающиеся на Rio или Cano не отображаются т.к. пишутся они с казюльками и выглядят так Río     caño , в слове Piritu 2 [ i ] и обе разные.

Just now, Beeekonda said:

Порты, начинающиеся на Rio или Cano не отображаются т.к. пишутся они с казюльками и выглядят так Río     caño , в слове Piritu 2 [ i ] и обе разные.

must you speak in runes?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, admin said:

More detail and variety to ports and cities would be nice, maybe even more different architecture styles than the 3 we have now. Maybe some people and scenery like a carriage...

Also the ability to upgrade forts and towers would be nice, with new model.

584239906d927_NavalActionPortScreeenUIID

2Swtq1e.jpg

original.jpeg

latest?cb=20071109140324

All pictures are from naval action work in progress except for the last that is and example of how it could look taken from AoE3.

Also more "hidden" places like Kidd's Island just smaller would be nice. I feel like you have this huge map but you don't use the space... Only really cool places I can think of are Kidd's Island and Bensalem. Bensalem should not be on map either and located further away from the coast but it still looks cool.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

So rude writing in other than English in forums. No English is not my native languish.

Why dont the devs focus on the broken trading market

Edited by Metal121
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, admin said:

new update coming soon

Youre gonna hate me for this: BALANCE MASTS

Because...
...especially on small ships, high carronade caliber makes mast sniping op as hell. 32pd carros do 108 dmg per shot, Surprise bottom mast HP is 421, Hercules 456, Pandora 410, Niagara 510. Just 4-5 hits needed.
...with the nerf in many upgrades it became nearly impossible to gain enough mast thickness to protect your mast, while mast HP upgrades do so little they often dont even matter at all for the number of shots needed

We see that the actual problem is not the mast HP though (9pd cannons only do 65 dmg per shot which would be fine) but the high carronade dmg in this class and its ability to pen everything at up to 250m.

Possible solutions:
a) Playability > history. Reduce all shallow water ships to 24pd carros (88 dmg, changes to 5-6 shots needed for bottom section). Right now everyone uses carros anyways because theyre so much better than cannons (come on, 9pders? pls...). Maybe we can mix it up more a bit.
b) Increase carronade penetration falloff by about 30%, making it easier to fight carronades at medium ranges. This might also affect higher rates though and needs to be tweaked carefully.
c) Increase mast HP by 30% so you need more shots or increase mast thickness to make carros not pen until closer than 120-150m. This will make cannons even more underpowered for demasting, but thats not really a difference to how it is now. It would also increase survivability of light 5ths/6ths to heavy 5ths/4ths which i think is something theyre lacking for a while now.

I prefer a) because theres no danger of affecting other ship classes, but i think c) is also viable.

• Like 6