Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update: 1 half of 2019

Re balance combat rewards to be in line with the minimal risk cargo/passenger missions every ensign can do. Combat needs to be more rewarding considering the greater risk and requirement of proper ships. Exp/reals should factor total BR against your BR for greater rewards, not simply being linear. Attach 3 player 5th rates in a third rate should have significant rewards if the third rate wins.

Raiding

Rework boarding mini-game. There was some art concepts floating around with planks and men actually boarding the ships during boarding.

• Like 4

Would like to see

Raiding,

Pirate mechanics, 

Exploration missions or collections to trade in for paint jobs (such as a rare fish collection or a trade good collection)

7th rate AI traders brought back to the open world.

Reduced weight on trade goods.

Of course I’d love to get rid of books/upgrades/bonuses and bring back the wysiwyg roe but that’s not going to happen.

Increase in the drop of sealed bottles (has anyone found one since release?)

Small battle room with no loss and no reward, good for training.

The moon at night

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Would like to see

Raiding,

Pirate mechanics, 

Exploration missions or collections to trade in for paint jobs (such as a rare fish collection or a trade good collection)

7th rate AI traders brought back to the open world.

Reduced weight on trade goods.

Of course I’d love to get rid of books/upgrades/bonuses and bring back the wysiwyg roe but that’s not going to happen.

Increase in the drop of sealed bottles (has anyone found one since release?)

The moon at night

Ive found 4 bottles AFTER using the fishing perk. The perk is required.

9 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Would like to see

The moon at night

I really, really miss the dueling 'missions'.  Please find a way to bring them back.  With all the seal-clubbing going on these duels are a fantastic way for new players to learn how to maneuver and fight.  Also yes to no xp or loss in the duels.  For training only.

And, yes, the moon :)

Edited by RyebreadMike
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Flinch said:

Nerf AI slightly.

No, That is not the point. WE all want better AI. Delete all the upgrades that AI have, and make AI better in combat strategy. (Fleet line, playing with the wind and not against the wind, playing with sails to break, ...) With all the players and battles data that you have, I sure that you can do it.

For now, when I lose a battle, I don't feel that I was worse than the AI, I feel that I just get FFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKEDDDD.  AND IT'S PAINFUL !!

Edited by AkmaCraft

I posted my wishes in forum earlier. I will repeat: 

1. First of all please have more a look to the newbees and the " normal" Clans in the "normal" nations with only a few DLC-players!!!! A new paint is nice but this is not the main!!!!

2. Please look for more balanced game mechanics. The Battle Rating System do not work and only prefers the attacker. There must be a possibility to intercept by defenders, special in the inner zones around the capitals. Now a small, but strong attacking force can do what they want. On the long run, the game fun for the new players will be killed and they would leave. ( Pls do not argue, than they can go to PVE-Server, they payed for both)

3. The trade do not really work. It is now a suicide action to trade with a small ship over long distances for earnable profit. I suggest, that fora a small group of 4 or 5 goods the load capacity will reduce to 10 tons, or better 1 tons per piece. This would help that smaller clans or single Player can develop their individual characters. The actual trade and transport missions are helping, but do not solve the base problem. With the 100 tons system the earn ratio (on middle distances and with smaller ships) is too low.

4. The Costs for the port Investments are pretty high (combat medals but also other things). A reduction of the costs could help, that smaller clans can develop own ports in a competitive way.

5. Generell the benefit of the port boni will increase the gap between well organised clans in certain nations and all others. With the full port boni that clans can produce "monster"-ships, which are unbeatable for players without port boni benefit. I presume that a lot of player will left the game, because of the lack of similar fighting conditions

How can i describe this unbalanced situations. A example:  After one week of playing (after wipe) some players can afford a first rate ship (rank Vice Admiral). The most other Players are on the level captain of XXXX. I think that show´s a lot. Second: Please look how many port are now conquered by certain nations….

I hope some things could be changed, thanks

Acces to portbonusses in their own nationports for solo/casual/new players ... because it makes no sense to make them sail inferior ships, while they have to trade in these ports (and thus support the owning clan, but just get nothing back for it).

Or let them fund or invest in their own upgrades, no matter which clan owns the port.

Edited by Eyesore
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

Acces to portbonusses in their own nationports for solo/casual/new players ... because it makes no sense to make them sail inferior ships, while they have to trade in these ports (and thus support the owning clan, but just get nothing back for it).

Or let them fund or invest in their own upgrades, no matter which clan owns the port.

I agree with this, but they need to pay a fee in order to be added to the port bonus list.  I suggest 50K Doubloons, 150CM's and 500K reals.  This allows a solo player or small clan access to all port bonuses and they cannot then be tossed off the friends list by an angry owning clan.

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Luc said:

Make Cargo Missions worth to attack. Maybe half of the doubloons reward is lootable or sth like this

They are. If you hit a cargo ship near its delivery point you can just complete the delivery. He did the sailing and you get the reward.

1 minute ago, Luc said:

That's not enough. I would like to get the doubloons. For me I play mostly with privateer, alone as pirate. Can't load the missions barrel. Can't play with big ships - too slow

Thats a YOU problem. Not a mechanic problem. You could always capture the ship and drag it to the port. You get the fleet perk by default now.

4 hours ago, JoeForKyo said:

The new paints would be nice.

A crafting implementation of port boni ( PvE) that doesn't have to rely on triple RNG ( finding an elite, getting a note, getting a good build), would also be neat, or at least something to make it less RNG. If not, decent building prices.

This, provided the port bonuses don't need Port ownership. 

Also a return to the old (neutral) map on PvE server. The current system makes the coastal batteries of my own homebase fire if I attack ai outside.....afterwards the locals gladly repair the ships they just tried to kill...

And a renewal of the real trade pls. Trade missions have killed the real trading .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, admin said:

new update coming soon

please let us know what you want to see in the new roadmap

Raids that work like hostility but don't raise hostility and steals part of the production of the port buildings and destroys the forts if we do so in the raid mission. Plz and ty. :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

And a renewal of the real trade pls. Trade missions have killed the real trading .

For me the best trade is selling/delivering stuff to/for players.  Crafting items for shipwrights used to yield great business opportunities.  Now crafting cannons or repairs are the only choices.

Shop trades were always somewhat of a grind.  But now buying and selling in shops is so simplified it is dull.  Delivery Missions provide easy wealth but take no skill. they would be interesting if skill was required and there was some risk.

Trading would be exciting and important if it formed more of the game's strategy and was a required element of national strength and prosperity.

• Like 1

RVR

1. Port Battle BR should be reduced to allow for more strategic ship selection (and therefore more complex and interesting fleet fights and leadership/tactics).  Think of mechwarrior.  You have a limited tonnage, so you really have to select the mechs you use to drop into a battle and the tactics you want to use.  This gives more opportunity for the "Meta" to change over time as different balances are made by your team (the Devs) as they should be.  Meta changes are hugely important to the longevity of any PVP game.  Blob 1st rate fleets do not allow for any creativity in tactics, and therefore within 6-12 months RvR will just become stale and routine (we want this game to be 11 years old like POTBS!!!).  I could write a whole post on the potential benefits of this but I think its been done already
  2. Rebalance trading of goods for higher risk/reward.  (would be great if you got bonuses, or ports got bonuses, for trading friendly port to friendly port, it would incentivise Nations to set up colonies/outposts on other side of map to secure trade goods, thus adding another aspect to the RvR).  Moreso, makes clan held areas useful for players who arent in clan.

Ultimately we need to get the burden of "content" off devs by providing enough reasons in game for players to be creating and evolving content in game (think eve online).  Devs make a slight balance change or release a new port /crafting thing, and suddenly the game is renewed for 6 months.

General Quality of Life

1. Nerf AI reload, damage & speed buffs and firing arc.  Can keep them tanky to offset inability to repair
  2. Revert XP back to old model, or at lease change the scaling so that you get more xp for larger ships, but retain the same xp for lower rates.  (best idea I think is to have xp based on the BR you sink, cause if you hit a 12 fleet of 5ths, you should get good XP no matter what.  Its also predictable so people can pick an optimum path cause some people love doing math)
  3. Smuggler NPC's (I remember we had this in 2016).  This is so that noobs can still have NPC's to attack even if all ports in area are same nation.
  4. Raids or some decent PVE content with better rewards

EDIT:

I wanted to add something for RVR.  Please improve the grouping mechanism.  Once you get a certain amount of people, it would be good for the group lead (admiral) to be able to colour different squadrons.  (red, greed, yellow group).  This would add a tool to use for port battles where you can split up groups and have command easily able to do see what groups are doing what.  We did this in POTBS with sail colours and would have squadrons of 6 ships sailing in a line of 18, or two lines, but they could act as units.  

Edit 2: I did end up writing a post on point 1 and 2 on this in General Discussions

Edited by Reginulfr
  • Like 3