Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update: 1 half of 2019

I'd like to see rework/new design of all towns/cities on the map.

The current ones basically all look equal, outdated and still wrong scaled compared to size of the ships.

Proper capital cities need to have big fancy rich looking buildings and a large port with buildings and docks. Currently they have few small buildungs made of adobe and just one small pier made of wood.

historic-buildings-in-dutch-caribbean-co

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, admin said:

new update coming soon

please let us know what you want to see in the new roadmap

make a new dedicated post ? Normalize ship to town size ratio. Houses look bigger than ships in docks. Add more greens to ports. More trees, bushes, palms... Npc should have different ship themes and paints. They all look generic. 

Edited by Audacious
  • Like 2

- reduce port BR , as before wipe

- reduce target capital from another capital from 3 to 2

- remove hostility mission from a capital that is surrounded by his own national capitals. for example, if i have cap-francis i can take hostility for puerto plata and baracoa; once i take plata and baracoa, from cap-francis i can take hostility for nuevitas...this is wrong.  cap-francis should gives mission only for plata and baracoa, from baracoa to nuevitas, from nuevitas to cayo romano and so on...

- change frontlines progression from capital-to-capital to capital-to-2 of 5 regional ports-to next capital

- freetowns can give only 1 hostility mission

- wind power instead of constant wind speed...more strategic manouvers and ships

- stormy istance, you have no choice...storm battle or istance are needed in a 18th century sail game.

- random wreks, castaways, smugglers bot ( you have to inspect your nation bot to discover it)

- different type of big forts (start, circular and so on) and addition of shore batteries in addition to towers

- Pacific side of map

- new ships: whaler ; and fishing mission and mechanics

- smuggler hideouts istance (PVE) - random empty hideout, with some prize or with Ai and prize on shore

- ships knowledge shared by ship rates and not only by ships model : 1 slot for surprise is 1 book for every 5th rate ships

- fix Ai cannon firing angle

- remove unlimited repair in battle, only 3 reps allowed as 2 years ago

- speed cap 1st - 2nd rate to 10kn max, 3rd rate to 12kn, 4th 13kn , 5th- 6th to 15.5 kn

- RAID mechanics

- allow ALT account only in the same nation of main account, all the DLC bought for ALT will considered a donation to game development

- limit the ALT accounts in the same nation only to 4 ALT, all the ALT accoung bought from the 5th will considered a donation to came development

Edited by huliotkd
  • Like 4

Balance ships (see thread). 

Improve Ratt, it’s overpriced trash. 

Remove AI cheating, it’s a bad look and difficulty for new players is extreme. There’s no reason AI should be harder and people should be fine to grind AI fleets in large ships.

Improve XP/Reals rewards by removing rate difference nerfs and buffing. There should be no reason to make people hate being on the water and grinding. Improve XP drop for the loser of battles as well to encourage new and experienced players to risk ships in PvP.

Consider a login bonus XP multiplier daily.

• Like 1

Nerf AI slightly.

Increase the threshold between BR where a battle will close when its close to even. If its 200 br vs 240 BR that battle should close. 40 br is nothing.

Mooooree ships. Ships ships ships. Give us Diana.  Give us a canoe. Give us everything that floats. The real bread and butter of this game is ship variety.

1 hour ago, admin said:

new update coming soon

1. Lower BR on Ports - allow for more mid-sized battles and mid-sized clans to take part.

2. I agree with @Havelock - Carronades on shallow ships are way too oppressive and the 32pd Carro needs to get out of the shallow water. This really should be looked at further as it is also a Mast/demast issue as well.

3. I would love to see the player voted ships be added to the game soon like the Tremeire (spelling), and the Dutch 2nd rate (wrecker?)

4. I would LOVE, LOVE some further balance changes. Ships like the Essex are poorly placed and could use some love, same with the Pavel. I personally think Balancing should be consistently looked at - maybe a patch every 3 months for small balances tweaks.

5. AI/NPC buffs are too oppressive and really should be toned down. What frustrates new players most (for what I have seen) is the sheer outlandish nature that some NPCs seem to be able to do. the rather ridiculous arc of fire for cannons, their insane reload rate. It all needs to be toned down by a good 20-30%.

6. Lastly, a hard look at adjusting the economy for Cargo missions and Trade Goods. I have said it in other threads, but I propose the following:

reduce the Real rewards for all cargo missions by 10-25%. Make it so every cargo missions has a doubloon reward.
Short - 800 doubloons
medium - 1,200 doubloons
long - 1,800 doubloons

Increase ALL trade good sell prices by 20-40%. The goal is to make Trade goods the primary way to get the most reals possible instead of cargo missions.

Cargo missions should be for folks who don't want to sail far distances past a 20-30 minute sail

Trade goods should be for players who have the time to sail 1-2 hour trips and they SHOULD be making a lot of money.

• Like 10

Any chance we see some new ships from the last player selected ship poll back from 2017? Montanes/Temeraire/Wrecker class?

Are there still plans to add more ships in the future?

Raids eta?

Edited by Potemkin

1 hour ago, Felix Victor said:

Clan docks to store and share clan ships

I really like this idea.  However, I wouldn't want a huge dock used to stockpile fleets of ships.  Maybe five or six slots for the purpose of handing new ships off to their new owners when the two players (crafter & new owner) are not on at the same time.

-- would be even better if, while in these docs, the ship was 'owned' by both the crafter, owner and clan leader so nobody else could wander off with it.

Edited by RyebreadMike
  • Like 1

-  The uss frigates hp are imo based on wrong therms, lineships were built in a way to be much more able to fight line battles, uss frigates has the thickness to play around which i think is fair, but should be in no way have more hp then the 4th rate sols. Also the 4th rate sols have really low hp, their fighting capabilities should suffer in armament not as much in the HP itself.

-  being able to create up to 10 clan ranks and name them to whatever you want.

- group assist and if the leader leaves the group the, group leader is handed over to another random group member

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, CITOYEN said:

possibility to make a fairing to a dlc ship in a port to make him benefit from bonuses (for doubloons / reals or other)

This would be a nice addition.  Just make it moderately expensive. So ..

- Each time you redeem a ship you would go through the process of paying (Reals/Doubloons/Combat Medals/?) for a DLC-ship upgrade to accommodate the current port's shipyard benefits.  This will allow the DLC ships to keep up with newly-created ships.

Just now, RyebreadMike said:

This would be a nice addition.  Just make it moderately expensive. So ..

- Each time you redeem a ship you would go through the process of paying (Reals/Doubloons/Combat Medals/?) for a DLC-ship upgrade to accommodate the current port's shipyard benefits.  This will allow the DLC ships to keep up with newly-created ships.

This would bring back OP DLC ships and resume the raging about PTW.  DLC ships are fine as they are now.  Crafted ships are superior and that is as it should be.

• Like 1

-more 74 ship of the line, the core of naval action in the period of the game
-more 18 pd good frigates
-reduce all cannon accuracy (we have sniper rifle not cannon atm)
-add the possibility to load different type of ammo on the upper deck (ball on the main deck and grape on the top beofre boarding for example)
-add more options for marines, now they sleep until the boarding, set a double command for it: help other crew on cannon /fire musket, i think marines must be a must have on navy ships
-add musket fire effects when two ship are at close range (100m?)
-add more tactic and immersive boarding system
-raid
-return to different BR in PB
Cosmetic
-more paint
-more flag
-add crew on the ship like 4-5 man for one cannon, captain and officers, marines...it's only a cosmetic but i think this can bring a lot of players to the game and money to your pocket to   continued the development of this wonderful game. imagine dead man and blood on deck during the battle...WOW
-commodore or admiral flag (depends of BR of the group) on the top must of battle group leader during the fight

• Like 2

2 hours ago, admin said:

new update coming soon

clan Auction/clan docks

1. the clan needs a clan warehouse in the port

2. after maintenence is the new icon for clan auction there

i think thats not very hard to implement

2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This would bring back OP DLC ships and resume the raging about PTW.  DLC ships are fine as they are now.  Crafted ships are superior and that is as it should be.

I'm not sure I agree.  The DLC ships will become overpowered as the game and port benefits progress.  There are ALWAYS options on what the proper benefits would be for a DLC, but it should not be CHEAP and it should be greared toward what the DLC owner's clans's port benenfits are currently.

1 minute ago, RyebreadMike said:

I'm not sure I agree.  The DLC ships will become overpowered as the game and port benefits progress.  There are ALWAYS options on what the proper benefits would be for a DLC, but it should not be CHEAP and it should be greared toward what the DLC owner's clans's port benenfits are currently.

If you want to bring more value to DLC ships, then give an option to take them as a permit instead of a Ship note.  I can see that as a way to apply port bonuses to them.  Simply redeeming a note with choice woods and then adding the port bonuses on afterwards would be a mistake IMHO.

• Like 2

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

If you want to bring more value to DLC ships, then give an option to take them as a permit instead of a Ship note.  I can see that as a way to apply port bonuses to them.  Simply redeeming a note with choice woods and then adding the port bonuses on afterwards would be a mistake IMHO.

Maybe so, but I sure would like to see this addressed; and I'm sure there is a solution out there that would make sense.,