Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update: 1 half of 2019

1 minute ago, Beeekonda said:

Nobody goes there because theres too many issues with zerg patrol zone 

Unfortunately true.  The 1v1 zone would serve the purpose for the arena fans if it weren't in the middle of the gank Patrol Zone.  Of course, they would still have to get there.

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Solo Patrol works. (you get only 1v1 you know)

normal Patrolzone has worse ROE than normal OW battles that's true

Well

1. The biggest issue is that most players dodge 1v1 and prefer zerg. I tried this many times during different prime times. I spammed f11 in global. Taunted players in global for being pussies. Even went afk for 30-40 mins - still no fights even tho people would sail around.

2. You need to make it to 1v1 area or you get tagged and swarmed. Id like to see the outer zone being 1v1 area, and inner zone being Zerg Area. That way people in large groups, or individuals looking for big fights would have to have to small area with higher amount of players. Easier to find big fight.

3. There is that one issue I addressed while ago: in Leogane and La Mona solo area you can get tagged by a ship bigger than 4th rate and it will be a normal fight. So you go there on lets say an Aggie and bellona shows up. She tags you and now you have to fight 4th rate vs 3rd rate in a OW battle where you supposed to be safe from that bullsh1t.

3 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Unfortunately true.  The 1v1 zone would serve the purpose for the arena fans if it weren't in the middle of the gank Patrol Zone.  Of course, they would still have to get there.

I have asked a number of times to shift the whole gank zone to bermuda and set it all up there

that way those who only want certain fights can go there and never have to worry about getting whacked on route , change the map every day .. freeport to teleport to etc

21 minutes ago, Puchu said:

I dont want the odds in my favor. I want even odds. I guess im not the natural ganker that you are. Or maybe your "natural" behavior is not so natural after all.

How long did your story take? How many actual fights did you have? 2 hercs sinking a requin and a pandora is a joke, not a fight. So they kited you ... wow. That must have been a very fun fight.... Did you even use your rudder? How much fun did the uss player have? Did he even fire anything else but his chasers? For how long did you keep that poor guy in that engagement where he literally did nothing but scare the enemy into kiting? He was like a guy with a mask going "Buhuuu, one day i will catch youhuuu´!" 

First off, i dont get why you woud start insulting me, all we have is a different opinion.

Sidenote was 2x Le Requin and 1x Pandora not 1x Le Req and 1x Panodra. The USS Sailer is a Memeber of my Clan, we were on TS. The Raiding setup was catch with small ships and killing with the USS: So he wasnt bored.

Both engangements plus the sail from the Freeport to Raiding Zone until i got sunk was about 45min. Wich i think is a fair amount of time.

Why dont you got to a Solo Patrol Zone? There is one, each and every Single Day.

I just want a different game then you do, simple as taht.

2 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Id like to see the outer zone being 1v1 area, and inner zone being Zerg Area. That way people in large groups, or individuals looking for big fights would have to have to small area with higher amount of players. Easier to find big fight.

Taht be a solution.

Or why not just separate the Zones?

1 hour ago, Meraun said:

First off, i dont get why you woud start insulting me, all we have is a different opinion.

First off: You just explained how you like to take fights that are in your advantage by all means necessary, then you gave me an example of a gank and then you are insulted by me calling you exactly what you just praised to be the great thing about NA? You are a ganker, thats not an insult, it's a description. If you take it as an insult, it is because you know it's not a good attitude and maybe you should rethink your position on assymetric battles. 

To the screenshots rediii: From an endgame screenshot you cannot judge on how the battle was played out. The Enemy could have come in one by one for example.
All i can say is this: When you find an opponent that is a little bigger than you, you still have a chance to win by proper sailing or by your enemy being worse than you. Which tells me, that it is actually possible to balance the fights even with assymetrical ship setups. 
What it also says is this: you are more likely to get an actual fight by fighting a numerical or br advantage. 
And yes i would totally aggree, that having an actual fight is a lot of fun. Way more fun than running away and way more fun than smashing a numerically weaker target to pieces. 
To finish this: All those players who won those fights have an abundance of ressources. They dont fear getting ganked because they dont care if they loose the ship. They can just make themselves a new one. I am argueing that for those people loosing a ship is a non factor. (Most of the solo ships shown were free ships anyways.) You can and will do such fights if the loss doesnt matter to you. But if it does, you wont.

About the 1vs1 Zone:

So ... I sail to the 1vs1 zone. Let's say i get killed in my first fight. What do i do then?

If i have a ship stocked at the nearest neutral port, i sail there again with all the risks of being ganked involved. If i dont have that, i need to towe a ship there. If i dont have a ship to towe, then i am done for the day and forced to do eco, the part of the game that i personally hate the most. Or if i dont have a towe anymore, i need to sail back to the pvp area with my newly accquired ship. But dont forget... pvp-ers who dont do eco will end up poor and without a ship. They will be beggars to their clan or unable to maintain their desired playstyle and forced into other playstyles.

Mostly when you sail to the 1vs1 Zone it's empty anyways because noone wants to sit there all day waiting for someone who might or might not show up. Why isnt the 1vs1 zone in the same spot every day? Why do i not know if there is anyone in it. Why does this all have to be such a guessing game wasting everybodys time when you could just click a button to login to the 1vs1 queue with my desired ship, go about your business hunting, doing eco and so on, and get teleported to the 1vs1 instance once a decently equal ship logs into the 1vs1 queue aswell? 

And then again... for how long can you kite a carronade enemy in the 1vs1 zone without the circle killing you or forcing you into a close combat that you are bound to loose? I just want to say that the 1vs1 pvp zone is not fully thought through and there is still a lot to improove to make it "a thing".

Edit: I am all for the 1vs1 zone being the outer circle.

Edited by Puchu

12 hours ago, Puchu said:

Hey Admin, happy to hear from you. 

I see, that you have closed the arena book forever. I would disagree with your conclusions, but im sure you would disagree with me anyways, so this discussion would be fruitless and we shall not have it.

Now that you are there, could you please tell us why we cant have a dueling room where we can fight each other no matter the flag with our ship that we have equipped  without loot and without loss? A place to train people, fight ourselves and test everything?

Edit: I personally would love a dueling room that has just the same rules as ow combat. Maybe you can have 2 options 1 with loot enx and all and loss and one without loot and exp and without loss.

And why can we not have a 1vs1 waiting list which we can activate while we are doing things on the ow and when someone wants to fight he just clicks the button and gets matched with the most even ship in the queue? The Player could be teleported out of the ow into the duel room and afterwards back onto the ow. Maybe instead of the 1vs1 zone?

I don't get why two folks that want to duel can't just set up a meeting time and place and do it?  Maybe don't do it right in front of a free town and folks won't jump into the fight.   Yes I know it's not just log in instant action, but this game was never meant for that for solo players against other solo players.  

9 hours ago, koltes said:

Cant agree more about lobby based game.

Regarding duel however. Somehow you think that we are asking for lobby duels. Nope. We are asking for an ability to challenge players in the OW without consequences. Further more an ability to fight with your own nation based on agreement. There are few guys im meeting that I would happily take into battle and show them some tricks and tips. Or have a plain simple fight

E.G. Just like Trade in the OW, we need Duel button. You click that and chat goes - Let's duel! Then you can right click on persons name and select Duel. This gives ability to go into battle instance with your own nation player. To avoid possible exploits make it so this only available in capital zone.

One solution for this is to bring back Pirate FFA so that any one can fight any one inside a FFA fight. I also think we could have some FFA zones, could come with some pirate mechanics where you can make a pirate capital zone a FFA zone (they are hard core mode after all).  Making that zone the center of PvP hot zones at all time any one can kill any one in that zone.

• Like 1

Just now, Liberalism said:

Right, it works only if you get INSIDE alive right through the gank patrol zone. Then you still have to get outside alive. 

I have actually had some success hunting outside the patrol zone.  You can tag someone with a higher BR and be secure in the knowledge that you won't have unwelcome guests after 2 mins.  Best to avoid that pesky gank patrol zone ROE.

With regard to upcoming roadmap 2019 update:

1) I am not willing to pay for a duelling room subscription - Don't care for it personally so wouldn't want to subscribe to it either. 

2) Would very much support new/ additional ships - Wreker/Temeraire etc.... The ships is what brought me here so even greater variety would be awesome

3) Boarding mini game - You've shown some  awesome screenshots of what boarding could be. If there's time I'd love to see that implemented

4) Port UI update - scale buildings properly

16 hours ago, admin said:

How much would you pay for the duel room - and will you pay in advance for 12 moths? (because to get good price for duel room servers i have to buy them for a year)

I just want to know how much it would be for a server?  If we have a number, there is always a chance of a community whip around to get the money together.  

On 6/21/2019 at 7:55 AM, admin said:

new update coming soon

please let us know what you want to see in the new roadmap

I want pirates! Raiding, smuggling, sneaky, false-flag flying pirates that can't use large ships and can attack anything they want. No more pirate nation! 

#MPPA make pirates pirates again.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, H982 FKL said:

But you are not the ONLY player, what makes a game fun for one person if not what makes it fun for another. Stop acting so entitled

Technically speaking he is more entitled to a lobby game than a open sea game because I believe he is also one of the players that purchased sea trials. He may be wrong but he is not acting entitled because all he wants are mechanics he purchased 4 years ago that were taken from him! Its clear that the game in its current state is more appealing to the masses but they also cannot expect the very old community members to just accept the changes. I never had issues with the early open sea. I liked the older 3 min join timer and loved the more sandbox style FFA pirate mechanics that we had. Now all that is changed and on top of that we are required to put a 4th major grind into getting assets back. Sure the books were nerfed but a 1 or 2% advantage can be a major advantage and its still 5 books. 

The major grind for books and ships aside for 1 minute. I bought naval action with a duel room and that content was taken from me. I dueled alot. Also I don't care about the retarded 1v1 patrol zone because I have lost around 10 ships going and coming from there so hello kitty that shite.... Not to mention the timesink of repairs and replacing lost ships. 

We might act entitled but do not forget that for some of us 100% of the content we enjoyed is gone. 

• Like 6

@adminUpdate the text on Upgrades and Books. Now some books have like Musket Accuracy 0.05, maybe instead let it say + 5% which would make more sense with maybe a color green for increase and color red for decrease

Edited by Guest

Just skimming through the post about the arena idea.  I remember the old arena/tournament room and i really liked it was a great deal and was a lot of fun.  Folks could get instant access to a fight, not worry about losing a ship and could fight with players form other nations.   If i remember folks could team up with clan mates and join that way.

Here are a free brain storming ideas . . . 

1) Limit its access to a portion of the week.  Say two week days (Tue/Thurs) and one weekend (Sat)

This way folks would have access to it throughout the week.  At the same time it will not be on all the time, certain parts of the week all folks will be in OW and just a few days would we "loose" players off open water.  So we would have the best of both worlds, days with all folks on OW and days when we could do the arena and any reduced folks on OW.

2) One day be limited to clan/friend or nations per team

If we can get enough folks in the arenas, be nice if folks could team up with clan mates or nation mates and be able to fight and practice working together.  The clan friends option could work as it had before.  The per name per side would have to added in the coding by the devs

3) Have some reward maybe reals or XP, or even drops

There should be some rewards, perhaps smaller than on OW fights.  But be nice to have some incentive more than just having fun and looking to gain experience.  The more folks we get the more battles we can have with folks.  It might also be a nice way for folks to level up or get money if they do not have a lot of time to play in game. 

Also, the arena would give a de facto World of War ships aspect to the game, folks get instant fights, and might bring in some players just for this portion of the game.  And the more the merrier, we are only at 1200 or so peeps online at the moment, lets try to get more in

4) Keep the no losing ship aspect of the game

Losing a ship is no fun (unless its a DLC) as it take time and effort. If one loose a ship on OW so be it and we all know what is going on.  But the arena is just practice and should be limited as such, an actively to horn one skills and just have fun.  We have the PVP zone in OW were folks can fight and loose their ships.  Be nice to have the arena be a place were folks can go and just practice and have fun.  So we have three areas.  Arena - just fun practice no ship loss.  Patrol Zone practice, CMs, folks loose ships, folks can go if they wish and know they will find peeps.  OW all things go and fully open

5) in sum

Just a few random thoughts.  Be nice to have arena back and brings up a nice way to fight other other folks, see other one would never see, allow folks to fight that might not have a lot of time, be able to focus on the fighting part of the game, have kind of a world of warships aspect within the game but not dominate it but have it as a partial aspect of the game. 

Edited by Yehoodi
  • Like 2

Было бы замечательно увидеть в игре арену для дуэлей, в частности - позволить игрокам одной нации там сражаться. Также очень полезным нововведением были бы клановые доки. Возможно, на кораблях в них можно было указать, кто может их брать (офицеры/все/конкретный человек).

Еще было бы замечательно, если бы pve сервер отличался механиками от pvp, а не был бы урезанной его версией.

И успехов в разработке!

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 8:45 PM, AeRoTR said:

Duel & Practice rooms has to return, also instance to test ships with dummy ai or no ai. 

meh...perhaps a practise room 

but do we realy ..realy ...need it.

i rather see some changes in the amazing penetrating  firing angles of the npc (balls do not even bounce correctly)

Edited by Thonys

28 minutes ago, Thonys said:

meh...perhaps a practise room 

but do we realy ..realy ...need it.

i rather see some changes in the amazing penetrating  firing angles of the npc (balls do not even bounce correctly)

Yes we need a duel room and ideally small/large battles with no ship loss for practice just cost the repairs used

• Like 3