Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

I agree with @admin.

Here we hear cries of players who lost to or were uable too sink requin, yet they are only few thus it means that their input does not show real state of requins in game.

So guys let devs use actual data for ship balance instead of us bickering here, but we should report bugs found on requin

3 hours ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

Lets see the up to date data pls? The last set I saw told the opposite of what was being claimed.

We will soon enough, with performance base BR.

13 hours ago, admin said:

In the past vocal feedback turned dozens of ships to shit boring barges because players liked different ships, did not want to adapt tactics or just wanted everyone to sail what they liked or could counter.

I'm glad you don't listen only to opinions that have a high chance of being biased but actually focus on data. As you said there are too many useless or at least underperforming ships in the game. Please never overnerf Le Requin, it is such a beautiful and unique ship. If it is overperforming according to your data, maybe tailor it more to be a fast hit and run raider but limit its capabilities to fight heavier frigates. Le Requin should be an excellent raider and I would like it to be one of the most potent and viable ships for that role.

No more nerfing ships to useless states.

Thank you. The more viable ships, the better. I also would like to suggest a buff for the constitution here, as the data should show it is not very popular at the moment and underperforming.

Edited by Sovereign

6 hours ago, Sovereign said:

Requin should be an excellent raider and I would like it to be one of the most potent and viable ships for that role.

Fine. To have a few viable choises I suspect Niagara would need a slight more buff to speed (have still to re-test Prince) and surely Privateer, that now sails great, needs a buff to crew for sure: taking into account the pain of stopping a trader brig with a privateer (better not losing the bowsprint...) then finding the trader protected by DD (and sterncamping a brig is a nightmare) is quite embarassing.

1 hour ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

You can't be serious when you say something like that about the Privateer/Lynx.

Please watch @z4ys most excellent little snips on how to raid proper.

Speed is secondary, that I can guarantee.

Mate. I know I can even simply dismantle a t.brig with privateer 18carro.

But operating in enemy waters total damage sustained matters (requiring more repairs and so slowing the ship), as does matter battle duration with eternal open battle.

And speed surely matters. A lot. Especially post Requin introduction.

My quiet suggestion about crew levels comes out another evaluation.

A big 5th rate crew fitted can get a crew at similar levels of a small 4th (Indef can easily be pushed to 420 v Connie 450), as a 4th to 3rd level (Agamennon to 600 vs bellona 650).

Setting aside Requin huge crew (good reason to make her a 5th allowed in shallow waters), other crew fitted 6th (Niagara and Prince) can get approx 200+ crew, so like Hercules or Cerberus.

Only 7th rates cant get close in any way to next higher rate crew levels (maximum 7th possible crew is 60+55%= 93 v 120+ of all 6th).

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
  • Like 1

For a trader the Requins make travel very difficult.  It is easy to get attacked, and these raiders can kite from most support warships too easily.  But when they are defeated it leaves a sweet sense of pleasure lingering.

Today I delayed a couple of pirates just east of Kingston/Port Royal.  Lost my Trader Brig with half hold of Barrels.  Was happy to see help arrive and kick the crap out of the buggers.
Credits to: Jojek, Thomas Cochrane, Raven Graymount, Sir AS, Bobzillah, Monten, SIR Sean Hornblower and SteelKnight.

COSTS

• Trader Brig 40k
  • Cannons 20k
  • Cargo 35k
  • Repairs to Merc (fleet) 250

• Satisfaction with seeing 2 Requins sink  = PRICELESS

If anyone want to work with me to bait these ships … I’m ready.

21 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

For a trader the Requins make travel very difficult.  It is easy to get attacked, and these raiders can kite from most support warships too easily.  But when they are defeated it leaves a sweet sense of pleasure lingering.

Today I delayed a couple of pirates just east of Kingston/Port Royal.  Lost my Trader Brig with half hold of Barrels.  Was happy to see help arrive and kick the crap out of the buggers.
Credits to: Jojek, Thomas Cochrane, Raven Graymount, Sir AS, Bobzillah, Monten, SIR Sean Hornblower and SteelKnight.

COSTS

• Trader Brig 40k
  • Cannons 20k
  • Cargo 35k
  • Repairs to Merc (fleet) 250

• Satisfaction with seeing 2 Requins sink  = PRICELESS

If anyone want to work with me to bait these ships … I’m ready.

Yes please Jimbo I will meet you tonight east of navasse about 8pm GM and we can set a trap for those dastardly Requins....

I will be wearing a red rose and carrying a copy of the times under my left arm.......come alone 😉

Edited by Crow
  • Like 1

Who were the lucky requins ?, I bet they do not know how to sail that ships yet. When they learn, they will be having fun, laughing at you all, after rage boarding and sinking the trader and running upwind to exit the battle :)

• Like 1

I spent most of my playing time during the week end making PvP in Naval Action. I must say that I bored most of my week end playing time.

There is no more variety in Naval Action PvP. Almost always, you counter attack Requins which tagged more or less unexperienced players (down to 3 Reqs vs a 1st Lieutenant in a basic cutter, the Reqs being proud of this great victory). 80% of my PvP was against Reqs in the past two weeks, always, the same fight:

1. Several Requins, sometimes helped by Hercules, attack a player in the so called protected area (they know that there is no protection).
  2. The attacked player calls for reinforcement, got useless brigs or snows, one per attacking Requin, LOL.
  3. Several defenders join to help with more efficiency.
  4. The initially attacked player is rage boarded and sunk.
  5. Defenders succeed in damaging one or several Requins, downing the hull to less than 50% and the sails to less than 70%.
  6. The Requins escape upwind without problem in spite of damages and even having lost masts. You can be afk the last 15mins of each pseudo-fight.
  7. Defenders get almost no reward.
  8. Goto 1.

There is no more variety in game, less than never seen before. We see a lot of new players, we see a lot of old players coming back, we see that the player base is not increasing. Lot of players, again, make a spot try of the game and feel it boring. Again…

Old players spend their time, gold, man hours and energy compensating new player losses, to try and avoid them going out. Yesterday, I compensated an Endy to a player who lost it to a gank. I was not yet out of the port that he wrote me that he was ganked again at the first sortie, and lost the new ship… I had no more craft hours, this ship will be replaced, again, this evening. Where The Fun?

I will personally make a pause in PVP.

Playing in a Req is 100% boring to my standards (kills are so easy), so I won't use this out of fun ship. PVE is more interesting. You find variety, you have more rewards, more fun and more satisfaction. But there in a tip here, to all players, when making PVE, please begin the fight sailing downwind in straight line during 10 minutes just tagging the IA’s by your stern guns. Enemy Requins, that will pop in sooner or later, will pop far from you. I know that going downwind in strait line is boring, but you can do it afk and watch a video in between.

@admin, please help the game!

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 4

Zones attract this type of PvP. Easy to bag victims. Xebec is a great raider ship, but in Zone pvp it just massacres. Easy peasy, same as any other ship. 10 minutes entry with positional spawn ? Oh boy oh boy, 5 minutes is all it takes and the "veteran coast guard cannot react in time".

The reliance on the "the nation will help because battle is always open" is a mistake, in my opinion.

• Like 2

I feel like the BR fix hasnt really helped the game for the requin, in part because the requin in game is nothing like it was historically. While it means port battles are a little bit more varied it still doesnt fix the ganking problem.

Requin shouldnt be a tough ship, she shouldnt be able to go toe to toe with 5th rates in any stretch of the imagination and a 12 pounder frigate like surprise, diana and renomee should basically just cause requin to evaporate into a puff of splinters.

Take a look at how she is built, with paper thin frames and planks, she is a single hulled vessel unlike almost every other ship in the game she shouldn't have the thickness or HP she does.

Just make requin the commerce raider she was meant to be, not the warship she currently is and watch things improve massively.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 4

In game message from “nevermind” (Requin noob player, who never uses manual sailing, member of a three Requin team who was unable to even significantly damage my cedar /cedar pickle when I attacked them from upwind…)

“Y’all should learn it is a waste of time to hunt a Requin” (Sunday, 13:49 server time)

May answer was:

“They are very proud of having sunk a basic cutter (3 Reqs for that, LOL)”

I was not going to comment on this subject anymore because it became so embarassing to read, but reading these latest posts, I had to.

You guys really are cringing to read.

Make no mistake, The requin has been seriously nerfed.

The crew dies easily.

The hull breaks easily.

The sails and masts damage easily.

The downwind profile is a joke.

Huge BR means big reinforment, (which is more dangerous than most players).

The only thing the requin has left is speed upwind, reduced now due to pirate rig nerf and large crew which still requires 2 seperate mods to reach a decent amount.

The ship that WAS the requin is NO more.

I would only buy this as DLC now  because I can redeem it. But that's it. 

You must stop this pathetic whinning, it's ridiculous to read such pitiful comments.

I have been sailing the prince again because, unmodded, the requin has so many drawbacks.

The same rhetorical rubbish about safe zones, new players, ganks, my bellendona fired a whole broadside and did nothing, blah blah blah is nothing to do with the requin it's to do with you guys staying in port and in the safe zones.

The safes zones are huge. I went to America last night for the first time in ages and I couldn't find anywhere that was not a safe zone !!! (I exaggerate for effect, small area near sunbury is not safe zone😁).

I hunt solo everywhere, from Gibraltar to bermuda and sometimes in a small group.

Always in 6th or 5th rates.

Your anti PvP propaganda is gaining momentum.  Now whoever you sink crys on chat or on the forum.

It's not good to keep on telling new players who sink, that its the games fault/ship/mechanic etc etc when instead you should advise them how to WIN!! or at least explain that they will sink many many times before they start sinking others and that this is normal!!

The biggest problem N.A. now faces is bad players who can't adapt their play style, ungunned traders, noobs being taught that when they sink it's the games fault or a ships fault or the weather, there there there, have a new ship till the bad ship goes away, AND noobs not having a completely Safe zone (non attacking) in which to grow.

You should all be embarrassed to keep posting crying posts about a ship which has simply allowed daring players to raid deep into your waters and escape and from huge revenge fleets normally sailed by vets in big fat slow ships.

Try sailing an unmodded requin/herc now.

The requin is now NOT the ship you are still crying about, unfortunately you lot still are the players you have always been.

Look to your own style of play.

Leave the safe zones it's a big world out there.

(Sits back, claps for belly dancer to begin, lights hash pipe, puts curly slippers on and waits for assault). 😁

• Like 1

So, how can you explain that most of attackers are in Requins? How can you explain why they escape so easily? How can you explain the ravages they make in new players?

Do you claim that you are the only player in game who has some adaptation capability?

• Like 2

Just now, Aquillas said:

So, how can you explain that most of attackers are in Requins? How can you explain why they escape so easily? How can you explain the ravages they make in new players?

Do you claim that you are the only player in game who has some adaptation capability?

🤣priceless

+1 

( takes a lot of discipline to follow the - no attacking on the zones - principle. )

1 hour ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

a 12 pounder frigate like surprise, diana and renomee should basically just cause requin to evaporate into a puff of splinters.

HMS Surprise and La Renommée are 9-pdr frigates, aren't they ? 🙂 

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1