Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

12 hours ago, Eleazar de Damas said:

The legal answer is simple: they can't.

They can change things only if the change do not impact specifically the DLC. A rule of the game, the environment, add other ships is possible. Removing carros from the DLC is not possible. Nerfing carros for all ships is possible. 

Incorrect.  Nerfing “DPS” is no different than nerfing “HP”...   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Incorrect.  Nerfing “DPS” is no different than nerfing “HP”...   

Well if the change is due to a global change applied on whole game, then they are probably free to do it. But if they focus on a specific feature of the ship (like moving it to 5th rate, removing carro possibility on it, etc), not sure they can.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:07 AM, Aerospace said:

Le Req (..) strongest ship of 6th rates

Once again, LRQ shouldn't be considered in game as the strongest 6th rate but as the second weakest of the 9-pdr ships (Niagara, LRQ, Cerberus, Renommée, Pandora, Surprise) with the 'best/easiest' sailing profile (not being a square-rigger). 

On 3/15/2019 at 7:52 PM, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

remove carro options for le requin, case close

Case close ? You mean giving LRQ her rigorously historical armament, right ? And giving up the current in-game simple rule : 'any 9-pdr ship also gets 32-pdr carro and vice-versa'. That means a lot of mess among the armament of various in-game ships as it would also mean to give them their historical armament too, that is removing carro on La Renommée, the Cerberus, L'Hermione, etc. + removing guns on Niagara, etc. +  giving Prince de Neuchâtel mainly 12-pdr carro + etc... It is like opening the Pandora box. I guess it needs a lot of thinking before to see if it is actually a good thing. Moreover, would ships without carro be useful in NA ?

As for making LRQ a 5th rate ? Would she be a good competitor to the Endymion and her 58 x 32-pdr (carro) + higher hp ?

A new 9-pdr competitor to LRG would help, but she'd certainly be a square-rigger...

A new rating system would too.

Edited by LeBoiteux

1 hour ago, LeBoiteux said:

Once again, LRQ shouldn't be considered in game as the strongest 6th rate but as the second weakest of the 9-pdr ships (Niagara, LRQ, Cerberus, Renommée, Pandora, Surprise) with the 'best/easiest' sailing profile (not being a square-rigger). 

Unfortunately developers do not use your system of classifiying ships. When I go to Solo PVP zone, in my Snow/Nbrig etc (which are craftable without permit) my 1 vs 1 enemy will be a LRQ, and it is very OP. Check stats I shared before.

Case close ? You mean giving LRQ her rigorously historical armament, right ? And giving up the current in-game simple rule : 'any 9-pdr ship also gets 32-pdr carro and vice-versa'. That means a lot of mess among the armament of various in-game ships as it would also mean to give them their historical armament too, that is removing carro on La Renommée, the Cerberus, L'Hermione, etc. + removing guns on Niagara, etc. +  giving Prince de Neuchâtel mainly 12-pdr carro + etc... It is like opening the Pandora box. I guess it needs a lot of thinking before to see if it is actually a good thing. Moreover, would ships without carro be useful in NA ?

Main problem carro is still very OP for small ships, all 32pd carronade light ships have op broadside weight.

As for making LRQ a 5th rate ? Would she be a good competitor to the Endymion and her 58 x 32-pdr (carro) + higher hp ?

A competitor to Hercules/Suprise/Cerberus/Renomee as they are 5th rates, she has more crew than these 5th rates, none of them can catch a LRQ. LRQ is competitor to other 6th rates, I prefer LRQ to be compared  to light frigates as DLC ship, reducing P2W status. None of the light frigates are competitor to Endy.

A new 9-pdr competitor to LRG would help, but she'd certainly be a square-rigger...

A new rating system would too. Seems like a good idea unless carronades are nerfed more.

2 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

^That's circular reasoning. Got it. You want to rule the seas with your Snow/Nbrig. 

No I can not do anything in my Snow or Nbrig, those were old days. But those ships are like 7th rate, that weak, anyway hp and broadside weight is above, read again.

11 minutes ago, Aerospace said:

No I can not do anything in my Snow or Nbrig, those were old days. But those ships are like 7th rate, that weak, anyway hp and broadside weight is above, read again.

I don't need to read anything to know that a 6-pdr ship (Navy Brig, 18 guns) < 9-pdr ship (LRQ, 24 guns). But you need to understand that one can't nerf a 9-pdr ship to make her a 6-pdr ship.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:47 AM, LeBoiteux said:

A new rating system would too.

IMO The Pandora's box was made when they decided to give every hello kitty ship carronades on the main deck. Only a few ships in game carried carronade main armament IRL (Niagara, Surprise for example) and those were mostly the smaller ships not the Indefatigable with 42lb carros on the main deck. 

They could still tweak the system and limit the use of carros on main gun decks through. You don't want to nerf them to oblivion so that they are useless for the small 6th and 7th rates that carried them as main armament. 

• Like 3

On 3/19/2019 at 7:01 PM, DeRuyter said:

IMO The Pandora's box was made when they decided to give every hello kitty ship carronades on the main deck. Only a few ships in game carried carronade main armament IRL (Niagara, Surprise for example) and those were mostly the smaller ships not the Indefatigable with 42lb carros on the main deck. 

They could still tweak the system and limit the use of carros on main gun decks through. You don't want to nerf them to oblivion so that they are useless for the small 6th and 7th rates that carried them as main armament. 

Current in-game carronades act as a kind of simple multiplier of the power of the guns (pdr and number of guns) :

• the smallest 6th rates get full 12-pdr carro, the medium ones get full 18-pdr carro, the heaviest gets full 24-pdr carro 
  • the 9-pders get full 32-pdr carro
  • the heavier frigates (carrying 12-pdr to 24-pdr guns) get 32-pdr to 42-pdr carro.
  • Etc.

thus, in-game full carro act as powerful full guns. 

Is full-carro a good thing ? That's an open debate. It's not historical. But one advantage is that it sets on equal footing ships built before the invention of carro and those built after. A good thing for a game that wants both to have ships from 1680 to 1820 while locating its action ca. 1805. For example, should older 9-pdr ships (not carrying carro) be weaker than more modern 6-pders (carrying carro IRL) in game, knowing that IRL they couldn't meet as the older ones had been destroyed before the building of the more modern ones ? Open debate.

(edit) with ships labelled 'rare' in game getting special buffs, the historical argument unfortunately carries less and less weight in this game...

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1