Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

2 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

as a testimony to the fairness and balancedness. I offer you this screen shot...….     XD #nomoresafezones

3E9277CA8C4F079646C05092418BC11D50B90E92

So 3 of you jump a Santi in a mission.

He sends his fleet Ballona away thinking he too can escape.....and well........... we know how that goes........... (Any small ships win here).

The three AI (generated by the reinforcement zone) are left Behind. (Normal AI behavior)

A Herc enters and decides to help the sinking Santi and is run down and boarded ...... (I wont even comment... except to say good try from the Herc captain)

So Really ?

This proves what ?

That an single enemy Santi attacked by 3 top rank captains is dogmeat ? 

We all know that. 

And we all know....... that a screen shot taken at the end of a long evolving battle is....well......fake news at worst and poor exaggeration at best. 🙄

Look at ME and all these USA ships that RAN AWAY FROM MY XEBEC

Mmmmmmmm..........Belly dancers please ah..... thats better. 

usa.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crow said:

He sends his fleet Ballona away thinking he too can escape.....and well........... we know how that goes........... (Any small ships win here).

The three AI (generated by the reinforcement zone) are left Behind. (Normal AI behavior)

A Herc enters and decides to help the sinking Santi and is run down and boarded ...... (I wont even comment... except to say good try from the Herc captain)

So Really ?

This proves what ?

That an single enemy Santi attacked by 3 top rank captains is dogmeat ? 

We all know that. 

And we all know....... that a screen shot taken at the end of a long evolving battle is....well......fake news at worst and poor exaggeration at best. 🙄

Look at ME and all these USA ships that RAN AWAY FROM MY XEBEC

Mmmmmmmm..........Belly dancers please ah..... thats better. 

usa.png

Oh no... Santi was sailing by and we pulled him.... he had no guns. Or at least they never loaded at least. Even though they were on the ship. . He called reinforcements. We sent the Prince to distract super ai. We then hugged santi down and killed him. Santi never fired a shot.         

@admin.   It doesn't matter what you do...  u can't fix stupid. Unless they just can't be tagged

Edited by King of Crowns
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Crow said:

SOOO... not to show that your ignorant or anything...………… BUT missions in reinforcement zone close instantly. no one can join them....(im sure you knew that) and on top of that where is the ship that the santi woulda have been killing in that mission? there are only 3 players on our side... and no AI. 

OH and your screenshot is simple you tagged an indian fleet and lacked the skill to kill any one indianman before you had to run away.  and then they all escaped you stayed in until the last so you could take the screen shot...…………….. in most cases your trying not to let trade ships get away...……. but hey everyone has to be proud of something and you have already proved that you have limited resources to work with behind the keyboard. sooo kudos for you bud. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dibbler said:

I always liked it when you guys came to kpr, was a fight and now you use req's so no point... rage board over... is bullshit sir

Good luck in dying game :) o7

So you liked it when we had to put ourselves in a unwinnable situation. where you got to choose the when where and how of the battle. and you unlimited time to get buddies to come out and join.(WHO WOULDNT like that) I wish people would try to gank FR during our timezone.  We have simply gotten tired of losing very expensive ships in situations that are unwinnable just so that we can get a little pvp.

If you liked to fight why not just come to la navase where we are always hanging out? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

So you liked it when we had to put ourselves in a unwinnable situation. where you got to choose the when where and how of the battle. and you unlimited time to get buddies to come out and join.(WHO WOULDNT like that) I wish people would try to gank FR during our timezone.  We have simply gotten tired of losing very expensive ships in situations that are unwinnable just so that we can get a little pvp.

If you liked to fight why not just come to la navase where we are always hanging out? 

To be honest i don't sail around KPR much, had a battle with you near Navasse and got hammered was 2 of us and 5 of you guys i think. Fight was good fun though :).

As for KPR i often play really late so there isn't a huge response from KPR, and when fought with you guys there you again won most of them but again good fun and no grumbles.  We also tagged you though so were no rienforcements... which is fairer.

My issue with Req is that rienforcements atm are not even a consideration to hunters as they are useless (mercury, brig etc), before at least a new guy had some hope summoning rienforcements and maybe sticking close to them and when engaged try to dash for it.  Most fights in zone were either jumping people fighting AI fleets which is acceptable (risk vs reward), or home nation chasing/fighting it out with raiders..... not wildy tagging everything in sight with the super ship not having any worry about rienforcement as they can rage board that to with ease. In short we may as well not have green zones at moment, in fact we may as well not have capitals as against this particular ship is useless as indicated in your post earlier (which you must have changed) where you said basically req is cool because safe zones don't matter with them and also.....

" NO SIR …………….  this is the only way you can play with safe zones in game. gg"

Concerns were not with me but about pop growth, but quite frankly i no longer care and will do same with zero consideration/tolerance for new players.

I have realised nobody gives a rats ass about server pop and new players so when i play i will sink them also, basic cutters and all.  If you can't beat em buy a req team up and do the same in other waters after all is fun right, carry on no more objections here? :)

Just to sum up:  I no longer care about issue few of us have bought req's and decided we will do same, I would also suggest many others buy req's and team up in 4-5 and hammer all capital area's.  It is a total hoot, lots of fun and well worth the money to see the chaos that ensues along with piss easy PvP marks by the score. :)

Edited by Dibbler

8 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

SOOO... not to show that your ignorant or anything...………… BUT missions in reinforcement zone close instantly. no one can join them....(im sure you knew that) and on top of that where is the ship that the santi woulda have been killing in that mission? there are only 3 players on our side... and no AI. 

Yes ofc, so the three of you jumped a Santi. (the rest of the post stands).

8 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

OH and your screenshot is simple you tagged an indian fleet and lacked the skill to kill any one indianman before you had to run away.  and then they all escaped you stayed in until the last so you could take the screen shot...……………..

Such a shame you think so highly of yourself and your own intellect that you missed my whole point in your eager attempt at yet more self gratification. 🙄🤡

The pic was a demonstration of how you can provide fake news but then you already knew that by your excellent use of yours.

• Like 1

I won't be commenting on this topic of the Requin anymore because it seems to just be going in endless circles.

It's now just the same few voices all deeply entrenched in thier views on both sides.

I personally do not believe the Requin to be such an issue anymore infact I did not see one single Requin yesterday on the OW and I feel confident that @admin will eventually publish figures which will show this decline in its use.

Although the issue at times got heated,

I enjoyed the debate and I bear no ill will toward anyone, on either side.

I look forward to sinking and being sunk by you all in game. (If you can catch me)

😁

@Hethwill the Harmless

A small update of data collected from the fights in which I was involved, most of them around KPR. I made two separated data, one for August and one for this early September, to see the evolution. I hope that @admin can share more wide data... :)

Data for August

Date Enemy Requins Enemy Hercules Enemy others Friendly Requins Friendly Hercules Friendly others Enemy losses Friendly losses Remark
PB Congrios 23-08-2018 22-40-42 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  
PB Turnefe 24-08-2018 22-40-00 No No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  
OW 23-08-2018 22-40-42 Yes Yes No No Yes Yes No Yes  
OW 23-08-2018 22-40-42 No Yes No Yes Yes Yes No No  
OW 26-08-18 13-22 Yes No No No No Yes No No Surrended (3 Xebecs vs 1 privateer)
OW 26-08-2018 14-00-45 Yes No No No No Yes No Yes Surrended (Xebec vs Trader Lynx)
Silas in Trader Lynx Yes No No No No Yes No Yes  
OW 26-08-2018 15-05-51 Yes No Yes No Yes Yes No Yes  
OW 26-08-2018 17-22-31 No No Yes No Yes Yes No No  
OW 26-08-2018 18-09-01 Yes No No No No No No Yes  
OW 26-08-2018 18-38-52 Yes No Yes No No Yes No No  
OW 26-08-2018 22-15-36 Yes No Yes No Yes Yes Yes No All enemy ships sunk, except Reqs
OW 26-08-2018 22-36-26 Yes No No No No Yes No Yes  
OW 26-08-2018 23-37-49 Yes No No No No Yes Yes No  
OW  27-08-2018 22-27-07 Yes Yes No Yes No Yes No Yes  
OW 28-08-2018 22-27-31 Yes No No No No Yes No No  
OW 28-08-2018 22-44-59 Yes No No No No Yes No No  
 OW 28-08-2018 23-xx-xx Yes Yes No No Yes Yes Yes Yes  
OW 29-08-2018 22-16-11 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes  
OW 30-08-2018 21-40-20 Yes No No No Yes Yes No Yes  
OW 31-08-2018 22-13-32 No No Yes Yes No Yes Yes No  
OW 31-08-2018 22-17-51 No No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes No  

Average values 77% 27% 41% 32% 50% 95% 36% 55%  

Data for September

Date Enemy Requins Enemy Hercules Enemy others Friendly Requins Friendly Hercules Friendly others Enemy losses Friendly losses Remark
OW 02-09-2018 15-20-07 Yes No No No Yes Yes No Yes 3 Reqs tagging a basic cutter (post Cpt)
OW 02-09-2018 15-57-08 Yes No No Yes Yes Yes Yes No Exeptional: a lone Req!
OW 02-09-2018 22-11-23 Yes Yes No No No Yes No Yes Tagged LGV lost to the Req
OW 04-09-2018 22-24-44 No Yes No Yes Yes Yes Yes No Not in KPR
OW 04-09-2018 22-24-44 No No Yes Yes No Yes Yes No  
OW 05-09-2018 21-38-30 Yes Yes No No Yes Yes No No  
OW 05-09-2018 21-54-06 Yes No No Yes No Yes No No  
OW 05-09-2018 23-02-37 Yes No No Yes No Yes No No  
OW 05-09-2018 23-10 Yes No No Yes No Yes No No  
OW 05-09-2018 23-30 No Yes Yes Yes No Yes Yes Yes  
OW 06-09-2018 23-28-07 Yes No No Yes No Yes No No  
OW 06-09-2018 23-38-15 Yes No No Yes No No No No Spanish xebec running 1v1
OW 06-09-2018 23-54-29 Yes No No No No Yes No Yes midshipman's rookie brig attack, then xebec running 1v1

Average values 77% 31% 15% 69% 31% 92% 31% 31%  

What is significant there?

• Attackers: Presence of xebecs is stable (around 3 battles out of 4), the presence of Hercules is stable too but lower (around 1 battle out of 3), the presence of other kinds of ships is decreasing (from 41% to 15%).
  • Defenders: Twice more xebecs (from 32% to 69%), less Hercules (from 50% to 31%), always a lot of other ships (among them those which were attacked by raiders).
  • Losses: Losses among attackers is stable, losses among defenders is decreasing (from 51% to 31%). Defenders seem to learn...  :) :) :) 
Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

( wish i had the knack for sheets, would be a great resource to finally write a captain's log :D ) 

In fact, it should be great is a file could be created on our computers, by copy paste of the battle logs:

"You participated in the battle and earnt 7 PvP marks, 7 combat marks and 125732 gold. Details here:

• ..."

This being added to a txt or csv file, we could rework to making a log.

I add a topic in "suggestions"

EDIT: Done

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Aquillas said:

Losses: Losses among attackers is stable, losses among defenders is decreasing (from 51% to 31%). Defenders seem to learn...  :) :) :) 

Very good data Sir! Defenders seemed to have learned to use le Req., too. Sadly for the game your data show that the diversity of ships in use is sinking.

36 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

When the only solution to a Le Req is another Le Req we have a problem.  

This needs to be addressed and the shop needs to be nerfd. 

That is kind of historically accurate, but not for the reasons it should be. History shows us that xebecs are the answer to xebecs thanks to their incredible light construction and fantastic sailing profile giving them a massive edge over more traditional patrol ships, not because they are worthwhile navy vessels. They are perfect for disrupting trade and general raiding, especially in lighter winded areas but dreadful in actual combat.

A Requin being a solution to a Requin isn't a bad thing if its done right, but right now with their unhistorical thick hulls and reasonable HPs its poorly set up both for game balance and history.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

I'm not saying you're wrong but how can you know the test was done in an unbiased way? 

Was not test. Was OW encounters, every single one xebec we sunk. Several around Robras and Batabano, one of them was a 2v2 princes versus xebecs, both sunk. Again same spot a 2v2, one xebec sunk and other escaped. Others in Jamaica, bracketing with 7th and 6th rates while square riggers acted cheer leaders. Some others in Bahamas and US coast and Mosquito Coasts. Last one was in patrol zone with leaks and full HP, 8 leaks, and 30 seconds later was under.

They are not unbeatable but they are way more resilient than they should be.

Actually I think overall we killed more Xebecs than Hercules.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

That is kind of historically accurate, but not for the reasons it should be. History shows us that xebecs are the answer to xebecs thanks to their incredible light construction and fantastic sailing profile giving them a massive edge over more traditional patrol ships, not because they are worthwhile navy vessels. They are perfect for disrupting trade and general raiding, especially in lighter winded areas but dreadful in actual combat.

A Requin being a solution to a Requin isn't a bad thing if its done right, but right now with their unhistorical thick hulls and reasonable HPs its poorly set up both for game balance and history.

I agree this that "They are perfect for disrupting trade and general raiding, especially in lighter winded areas but dreadful in actual combat."

If I refer to my gener knowledge about age of sails for the French Navy, this is perfectly summarize in the Wikipédia ( https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chebec ).

Sorry for this quote in Frenc, translated below:

"La Marine française s’équipe de chébecs plus tardivement, après l’abandon des galères en 1748. Un petit nombre est construit, avec 9 lancements entre 1750 et 1759, puis 4 en 1762. C’est sur un chébec que Suffren, l'un des plus célèbres marins français, exerce ses premiers commandements : le Caméléon en 1764 puis le Singe en 1765. Les deux navires participent, l’année suivante, à une difficile expédition contre la ville corsaire de Larache où se fait remarquer le futur héros de la campagne des Indes. Absolument pas à même d’inquiéter un vaisseau de ligne ni même une frégate, le chébec traverse néanmoins toutes les guerres du XVIIIe siècle et de l’Empire. En 1848, la Marine française en utilise encore un petit exemplaire comme garde-côte. "

"The French Navy is equipped with xebecs later, after abandoning galleys in 1748. A small number is built, with 9 launches between 1750 and 1759, then 4 in 1762. Suffren, one of the most famous French sailors, got his first commandments on xebecs: Le Caméléon in 1764 and Le Singe in 1765. During the following year, the two ships participated in a difficult expedition against the Corsican town of Larache where the future hero of the Indian campaign got noticeable actions. Absolutely not able to worry a ship of the line or even a frigate, the xebec was used through all the wars of the eighteenth century and the Empire. In 1848, the French Navy still uses a small copy as a coast guard."

In Naval Action, I start using xebecs in PvP too. My first victim was a Diana, boarded and killed in three rounds. Historically, I know a single example of a frigate taken by xebecs, USS Philidelphia in 1803. But she was aground on a reef, guns jettisoned out and unable to manoeuvre, during the First Barbarian War.

Refer to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_WarThe U.S Navy went unchallenged on the sea, but still the question remained undecided. Jefferson pressed the issue the following year, with an increase in military force and deployment of many of the navy's best ships to the region throughout 1802. Argus, Chesapeake, Constellation, Constitution, Enterprise, Intrepid, Philadelphia and Syren all saw service during the war under the overall command of Preble. Throughout 1803, Preble set up and maintained a blockade of the Barbary ports and executed a campaign of raids and attacks against the cities' fleets.”

A close future will show us if the xebec will remain a threat to SOL’s (@King of Crowns) and frigates, or if defenders will finally learn how to counter it properly.

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Was not test. Was OW encounters, every single one xebec we sunk. Several around Robras and Batabano, one of them was a 2v2 princes versus xebecs. Again a 2v2, one xebec sunk and other escaped. Others in Jamaica, bracketing with 7th and 6th rates while square riggers acted cheer leaders. Some others in Bahamas and US coast and Mosquito Coasts. Last one was in patrol zone with leaks and full HP, 8 leaks, and 30 seconds later was under.

They are not unbeatable but they are way more resilient than they should be.

Actually I think overall we killed more Xebecs than Hercules.

I am not arguing with you atm because I have not fought an Xebec since last nerf so I cannot judge. My point is basically about judging how much skill your opponent had. Thats all. I just did not like the way someone claims you tested it so its fine. I don't like that kind of attitude. 

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I am not arguing with you atm because I have not fought an Xebec since last nerf so I cannot judge. My point is basically about judging how much skill your opponent had. Thats all. I just did not like the way someone claims you tested it so its fine. I don't like that kind of attitude. 

The Jamaica one was a mate of mine.

And a good one. Also in a lot of other ships.