Game-Labs Forum

9 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

do you not see that they have 2 1st rates? and that they outnumber us almost 2:1. we only have 1 more 1st rate than them.

In another post you ask why you don't get content. You don't get content because you don't give enemy a fighting chance. Look at the end result, it tells everything.

When we fight US, we usually don't bring 1st rates, or we bring 1 for their 2-3. That's probably why they're happier fighting with us than with you. That's a direct answer to your question from another thread.

You know very well that battles in this game are about communication, skills and ships. US has only ships, you have three elements. You need to give them ship advantage for them to be willing to fight you. Otherwise they will simply stop engaging soon. Just like you killed Patrol zones, you will kill east coast for everyone.

9 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

if you think we are so easy to kill your welcome to stay up late one night and come to navase

I don't think you are easy to kill. You're one of maybe 2 clans which give equal skill fights to Prussia in my opinion. It's just a pitty those fights are very rarely even.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

your idea of normal is offensive to me. I know when our players play. we lost all of our ports on northern Haiti and we lost all of our ports in the great corn area. I know ur USA so you don't get out of your reinforce zone much. 

Stats tell you other wise what is the normal player prime time.  For US based players is 7-9 CST when we have the most players on and than after that it drops off until server down time.  It can offend you all you want, but it's still the fact you only fight in none prime time for the most part.  Got home last night from the folks around 11pm and guess who was out side CT killing scrubs?  Your clan.

As for what you know or don't know want to know why you don't see me any more late hours.  I HAVE A JOB.  Something you seem to not have now a days.  I just happen to work 3rd shift (9pm to 7am) which means for a CST player my prime time is early US time when the player numbers are the highest for that time.  Than I go to work about the time most folks are going to bed and than I get home just as the SEA/AUS are going to bed and than I go to bed myself when the EU players are getting on. Pretty sucky times but I make it work on the weekends when I can play pretty much at any time.   You don't do that, it's your time or no time and when you come out you do it in all BLACK style with the heaviest ships you can and crush anything in your path and than complain no one wants to fight you.  I was telling those boys for a longest time tone down your play style and stop rolling in big groups and you will get more fights. 

Bragging about sinking a bunch of players that can't even manual sail half the time isn't very impressive even if your out number 2 to 1.

29 minutes ago, vazco said:

In another post you ask why you don't get content. You don't get content because you don't give enemy a fighting chance. Look at the end result, it tells everything.

When we fight US, we usually don't bring 1st rates, or we bring 1 for their 2-3. That's probably why they're happier fighting with us than with you. That's a direct answer to your question from another thread.

You know very well that battles in this game are about communication, skills and ships. US has only ships, you have three elements. You need to give them ship advantage for them to be willing to fight you. Otherwise they will simply stop engaging soon. Just like you killed Patrol zones, you will kill east coast for everyone.

I don't think you are easy to kill. You're one of maybe 2 clans which give equal skill fights to Prussia in my opinion. It's just a pitty those fights are very rarely even.

Just the one screen shot posted about 75% of those guys can't even manual sail.  We are working on this but it takes time.  We where hoping for some decent fights in the shallows but the Brits ran from them, cause that would of gave guys more moral and not be afraid to loose ships so much.  Many of these guys get sunk cause they try to sit back and snipe in a fight at a safe distance allowing them to get separated and picked off one by one.  Than they run when every thing goes to hell.  They have no confidence yet, that takes time, but they don't gain it when they are getting nothing but crushed every night they try to go out.

Ya'll should of been in TS when they won EMPTY SANDY POINT, I kid you not the ASP boys which I remind you attacked Prussia and did the empty port battle cause they didn't have any clans on the friends list said.  "YES WE WON WE ARE BADASS LETS GO FLIP RIO SECO."   I left the TS room right than and went to do other things (like get a strong drink) came back and told them NO they will get slaughter and we will loose the rest of our coast line ports.  These guy get all excited and rush out not thinking of there action.  ASP is a pretty big and fast growing clan but they are all very very very green in combat.  

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

There has been couple different systems and we have been complaining from each one of those. If you think about the other mechanisms and issues those caused, I would say that port timers are really good option.

When and if devs create more reasons to own ports this system should get even better. It is better to fight from ports that actually mean something for owners than from "just another port".

I don't like PvE hostility missions at all. Would like to see PvP oriented mechanism or if nothing better simply a flag to declare port battle at "port timer" time.

Issue with PvP missions is that both sides have to wait teams to form up.  If you sail to a PvP blockade ring, then you wait that other team comes out.  Maybe other team does not come and you wait there an hour and get a boring victory. Then there are fake flags and only defender shows up.

Many are against more arcade systems but I don't know if it really matters. If one option is to have plenty of PvP battles and another option is to create time sinks and PvE battles, well, I would vote for arcade system, even a lobby would be better than PvE hostility.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

1 hour ago, admin said:

There must be a method to raise hostility when players do not come to pvp around the port
PVE provides the simples and un-abusable method to raise hostility (we love flags but it is impossible to solve all potential abuse with flags). Same with stationary blockades - it is hard or expensive (from the tech perspective). 
We do want to find out the way to improve this but unfortunately current priorities force 

Maybe loot should be added to won port battles (to make this pve hostility more bearable)

Imo the loot drop in the hostility missions should get a serious buff! Those hostility missions are potentially some of the most risky battles RvR players enter. Either it is extremely boring because long sail to enemy port + PvE  + long sail back. Or we end up in a fight with a defending force who usually only show up if they have number and BR advantage! Getting players to join the grind is very difficult, so we often forced to do it with small group of players. Especially if the OW sail is longer than 15-20 min.. For the PB it self it is never an issue getting enough players. They all want/need victory marks! So I see the use/need for rewarding the hostility grinders for their effort.   

The fact that you can farm AI OW fleets in your own nations safe zone and get better loot is just ridicules. So a significant buff for the loot in hostility missions would not hurt anyone. And maybe this will create more empty PBs than we have now, but the nation get a chanse at PvP when enemy grind hostility. So it all good! 

This would aid the current PB grind mechanic. I will not turn down loot for winning the PB it self (I love loot), but the grinders who make the PB possible in the first place should be reward much more than they are now.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

Imo the loot drop in the hostility missions should get a serious buff! Those hostility missions are potentially some of the most risky battles RvR players enter. Either it is extremely boring because long sail to enemy port + PvE  + long sail back. Or we end up in a fight with a defending force who usually only show up if they have number and BR advantage! Getting players to join the grind is very difficult, so we often forced to do it with small group of players. Especially if the OW sail is longer than 15-20 min.. For the PB it self it is never an issue getting enough players. They all want/need victory marks! So I see the use/need for rewarding the hostility grinders for their effort.   

The fact that you can farm AI OW fleets in your own nations safe zone and get better loot is just ridicules. So a significant buff for the loot in hostility missions would not hurt anyone. And maybe this will create more empty PBs than we have now, but the nation get a chanse at PvP when enemy grind hostility. So it all good! 

This would aid the current PB grind mechanic. I will not turn down loot for winning the PB it self (I love loot), but the grinders who make the PB possible in the first place should be reward much more than they are now.  

Whie I don't mind the basic hull and sail in the, but why am I getting a basic mod when I'm sinking a SOL?  I don't even loot the ships in hostlitiy missions any more cause it's not worth it.   That and RNG just hates me.

PAINT CHEST for PB wins, return them...lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King of Crowns said:

been there done that. failed. will not work and will cost the devs more money. and will divide an already small playerbase. 

Is it more failed then now. Eu time zone players back to before the merge, maybe a bit lower. Is the "Global" players numbers gone up?

http://steamcharts.com/app/311310#7d

Edited by staun

I would revert hostility missions back to their former selves.  The current ones are far too tedious and heavily favor the defenders.  Part of the reason why RVR is currently dead is because hostility missions went from being a minor inconvenience to an annoyance. 

Also, ports need to matter again.  Bring back crafting regions or something similar.     

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

I would start with bonus for owning entire county. That should give some sort of a bonus or even maintenance cost reduction! Own all ports in the county, -25% costs reduction of ports.

Increased chance to craft purple and gold ships

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Whie I don't mind the basic hull and sail in the, but why am I getting a basic mod when I'm sinking a SOL?  I don't even loot the ships in hostlitiy missions any more cause it's not worth it.   That and RNG just hates me.

PAINT CHEST for PB wins, return them...lol

My impression is that NPC drops have been just heavily stealth nerfed .

During last two weeks all the IA huge fleets I farmed just dropped rubbish.

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I would start with bonus for owning entire county. That should give some sort of a bonus or even maintenance cost reduction! Own all ports in the county, -25% costs reduction of ports.

I actually like this.  gives reason to own a region and protect it over than just taking one port and holding it cause it's the only money maker or only one with a resource you need.

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

that and we still need to give crafter credit for being what they are.  Master Crafters really don't mean much when you can craft the same ship at level 25 and get the same result.  They also need to sperate the crafting perks from the combat perks.

3 hours ago, victor said:

My impression is that NPC drops have been just heavily stealth nerfed .

During last two weeks all the IA huge fleets I farmed just dropped rubbish.

RNG GODS hate me, believe me I go for weeks on time getting nothing but trash mods and rarely anything usefull from drops.  Than you can't even sail them cause the shops are over flow with Barricades (which use to be rare) and other mods that flood the markets now by NPC drop not players sales.  Than you still got the super rare drops like planking and a few others that I have never had dropped, only bought them off others.   All my copper plating where bought or crafted.  Than again I don't do tons of PvE grind either, but recently been doing it to open some mroe slots on ships I use to not use but now looking at and I'm still getting trash mod drops on OPEN WORLD ships that are suppose to drop best loot.  Just killed a large fleet of 2-4th rates with my l'ocean and the best mod I got out of it was basic hull.  Every thing else was repairs, or barricades/boarding guns and other mods that every one gets pretty fast.  Why do I need them for the 100Th time and they aren't worth crap to sale to the shop cause it's over flooded with them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I cannot agree more

6 hours ago, Christendom said:

same as before.

I remember offering these suggestions before and talking with folks about it months ago. suggestions in different threads to the admin.

I'm still astonished as to why we haven't gotten bonuses like that in game for owning whole regions. Regional bonuses in the past were actually really cool, just implemented poorly due to other factors in the game at the time (as usual trend). So they were taken out instead of worked and iterated on....

now? only reason to own a port is to control rare woods, which honestly with alt abuse it doesn't even matter, and to maybe have a labor hour or trade bonus, which are nice - but with how easy it is to just farm combat marks and trade for labor contracts why even bother risking warehouses/shipyards/buildings? and trust me, I love the labor hour/trading bonuses on capture-able ports, but there is just not incentive to use it when everything is safer in the ports that cannot be captured. On the plus side there is absolutely no downside, no debuff, no increased tax, nothing - just absolute safety for your items - awesome.

@Banished Privateer absolutely brings up a perfect suggestion. Having a region owned should reduce maintenance cost, or it should give a regional bonus in crafting ships, or...well just about anything really.

but hey even after our shouting and pressure to balance BR, the BR on ships is still hilarious and needs adjustment. A lot of good suggestions have been shot down or been written off as "failed" when they never got a chance to be even adjusted.

Edited by Teutonic

25 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

really? We started the fight with what we had. We only had the belle poule, the bellonas and 1 buc at the beginning of the fight (xyster was the last of the initial group). They had their Santisima from the beginning. So we called for some reinforcement. Before they arrived we had to survive the broadside of the big ones and the many bucs.

It wasn't an easy fight as you seem to imply. It was certainly not a gank on our side.

Why US players declare on this forum that they prefer to fight Prussians then? The reason I see is that we come in less tanky ships without certainty that we'll always win, and we show more respect to our adversary. Maybe you have a better explanation - mine doesn't have to be right.

Again, answering this question right will give you more content - something which I heard is an issue in US time.

I wasn't in this battle, and I'm not commenting this battle alone. I speak in general.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, vazco said:

Why US players declare on this forum that they prefer to fight Prussians then? The reason I see is that we come in less tanky ships without certainty that we'll always win, and we show more respect to our adversary. Maybe you have a better explanation - mine doesn't have to be right.

Right on the nose. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davos Trashworth said:

Right on the nose. 

there is a stark difference in a battle against an adversary when it goes like this

Prussia - GL HF
US - you too
end of fight
Prussia - thanks for the fight
US - you too it was really fun we sank some and we lost some
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
France (KoC) - hey you scrubs come and fight us
US - men, we have sighted an enemy engaging our patrol fleets lets engage
End of fight
France (KoC) - haha you guys suck, you're so bad - wait don't leave, come back so we can sink you again
US - nah, we'll go do something else thanks, actually it looks like Prussia brought a nice fleet to fight, we'll go there.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Louis Garneray said:

Like you said, you're not in our battle.. so you don't really know what we do.  And most of VCO people since they don't want to fight us (you know they hate KoC and try to deny him and us content, which at the end is their choice). I haven't seen Sir Texas Sir in our battles since he is already in bed when we start playing (for me 9PM Eastern time). 

If you're listening to some propaganda, you'll hear most of the time the same shit that we come and gank. Most of the time it's not that at all.

We don't come in tanky ships, but we come with a lot of repairs if we want to survive the fight. We communicate with each other during the battle, you know standard procedure...

I do enjoy the fights we have with the Americans we encounter. And since they are the only one really fighting during my time online I'm happy with it.

Actualy Mon - Friday I'm at work.  Apparently you don't read my post.  I stated I work 3rd shift so I'm at work from 9pm till 7am CST so miss out on a lot of play time except on the weekends.   But I'm there a lot of times when others are heading to bed.  Which is about the time I'm heading to work.  

Hell the only reason I"m getting some play time today is cause it was our company's day off instead of friday.  Other wise I would be a sleep right now.  

RVR has diminished substantially since timer prices went up.  You now have to carefully select the ports you want and want to pay to keep.  If you do not put a timer on the port, might as well not take it since it will be flipped during your off hours.

The PVE grind is tedious and boring and offers no incentives.  The loot mostly consists of rig and hull repairs or useless mods such of the "basic" type.  A solution to make it bearable is to give better loot for the PVE grind, same as in OW fleets at least.  Also, give silver chests to PB participants and one gold chest at random.  Same principle as epic events.  This will give an incentive to do RVR even if it is to subsequently loose the port.  You may also consider giving the chests to both attackers and defenders to encourage participation but exclude basic cutters.

In regards to battles in the safe zone, the current system is actually pretty good.  The open battles promote larger engagements.  Also, if players do not wish to participate they are not obliged to join.  It is their option.  If you choose to join a fight, it is not a gank since you have a choice and you make that choice. 

The US complains continuously even when they outnumber us.  We will not limit the ships we bring to a fight so that they can win.  Generally we come in 5th to 4th rates and only bring 1st and 2nd rates when they do.  If this is an issue, then a solution would be to limit the ships able to join on both sides.  So you could have fights for 6-7, 4-5 or 1-2.  The type of fight would depend on the ships initiating the battle.  So 4th tags 5th then battle would be limited to 4th rates etc. 2nd tags tags 5th then no limit etc.

Lastly, one issue that is frustrating is that some players use prince to keep you tagged in until battle end even though they have no intention to fight you.  This is frustrating and such conduct should be punished.  I do not want to have a player waste my time for 20 or more minutes by kiting my sails just to be annoying. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

If you're listening to some propaganda, you'll hear most of the time the same shit that we come and gank. Most of the time it's not that at all.

I won't comment most of your post - because I don't know how it works in hours I don't play. You may be right.

Just so that you know - in times when I play, between 24-2am server time, WO seems to be ganking. Less than eg. VLTRA did, and with skilled players, however in my active time WO ganks are quite irritating. In patrol zones it's very often linked with an unpleasant surprise of imbalanced reinforcements. I would be ok with 1-2 ships, but 3-4 1st rates jumping into 4th rate fights is quite a lot.

It may be completely different with US. If however you have issue with people fighting you, I would still advice you to try and go in smaller ships. It's higher difficulty, but also higher satisfaction for you. On the other hand if you expect to always win, you can expect people will stop fighting you. It's your choice.

I hope devs will patch patrol zones, so that over-ganking is not possible any more.

@Louis Garneray

Just goes to show that no group is perfect or that there are bad apples everywhere. I never said VCO are all saints.

In any event the general consensus on the US nation's teamspeak is that folks enjoy fighting the prussians and english players more than some players in the french nation. Although as we have noted before, ever nation seems to have players with ego and it's easy to point them out.

You know that i don't care who or what is fighting me across the field because this game is about the battle and everything else is extremely boring. 

It's easier to say " how about you tell x, y, and z to stop shit talking and we'll tell a, b, and c, to stop shit talking too." But we both know that doesn't work.

Edited by Teutonic

15 hours ago, admin said:

There must be a method to raise hostility when players do not come to pvp around the port
PVE provides the simples and un-abusable method to raise hostility (we love flags but it is impossible to solve all potential abuse with flags). Same with stationary blockades - it is hard or expensive (from the tech perspective). 
We do want to find out the way to improve this but unfortunately current priorities force 

Maybe loot should be added to won port battles (to make this pve hostility more bearable)

Bring back flags but only for battle groups at least 50% the size of the BR :)

11 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

They had their Santisima from the beginning. So we called for some reinforcement.

"Some" reinforcements. Sorry to tell you, but this screenshot just says much. Can't be as kind as Vazco here: this is pure seal-clubbing and nothing else. And it shows the morale of KoC. Jump in such a fight with three L'Oceans only means 'i want to win!'. How can you guys be wondering to not get fights. So annoying.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Ya'll should of been in TS when they won EMPTY SANDY POINT, I kid you not the ASP boys which I remind you attacked Prussia and did the empty port battle cause they didn't have any clans on the friends list said.  "YES WE WON WE ARE BADASS LETS GO FLIP RIO SECO."   I left the TS room right than and went to do other things (like get a strong drink) came back and told them NO they will get slaughter and we will loose the rest of our coast line ports.  These guy get all excited and rush out not thinking of there action.  ASP is a pretty big and fast growing clan but they are all very very very green in combat.  

you got a problem? also none of what Texas is saying transpired no one was left off our friends list and no we weren't chuffed at the prospect of neutral flip

Edited by Kjartan
  • Like 2

On 4/2/2018 at 6:37 AM, vazco said:

None of the US players speaking up in this thread have participated in any of the fights, they seem to have some sort of a policy of not fighting us since even before the merge. Those who are speaking up here, on global, were 'farming' the US coast with no issues and seal clubbing was their favourite sport. You can't trust the drivel they spout.

That aside, we are, in fact, respectful and polite. And I would agree with  you that bringing lighter ships would make this more fun for both sides.

• Like 1