Game-Labs Forum

Was a fun port battle :) 

Thanks to all the Prussians and Pirates that showed up to the battle, it is good to fight an evenly matched battle every once in awhile. Too bad the timer was so late, I think both sides would have filled the PB if the timer was a bit earlier. I hope @Christendom got the content he was looking for in his screening party, there appeared to be plenty of action at LT. 

Until next time o7

3 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

Was a fun port battle :) 

Thanks to all the Prussians and Pirates that showed up to the battle, it is good to fight an evenly matched battle every once in awhile. Too bad the timer was so late, I think both sides would have filled the PB if the timer was a bit earlier. I hope @Christendom got the content he was looking for in his screening party, there appeared to be plenty of action at LT. 

Until next time o7

If only.  Too bad you jokers decided to join further back and not let us tag you in.  

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Sorry, there was more content inside PB than outside. 

Maybe the French should learn this...lol

I was actually wondering how that PB went as I had to crash out early for new job.   Kinda surprised at all the Santis on ya'll side of that fight with the current L'Ocean meta.

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Maybe the French should learn this...lol

I was actually wondering how that PB went as I had to crash out early for new job.   Kinda surprised at all the Santis on ya'll side of that fight with the current L'Ocean meta.

Santis are for good players only. I hate the Ocean meta, but here is me using Teak-WO Santi in PB:

unknown.png

I think some swedes are leaving the game, some guy is selling 1th rates 1.3kk each. Thre are 12 of them. Omg!

Edited by RaimundoJoe

40 minutes ago, RaimundoJoe said:

I think some swedes are leaving the game, some guy is selling 1th rates 1.3kk each. Thre are 12 of them. Omg!

We throw them away :) For fun  :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RaimundoJoe said:

A good example of the functioning economy in NA. When the largest units are sold at discout prices, it will all go as desired by the PvP players

12 hours ago, RaimundoJoe said:

This is what happens in a messed up economy where people have to have the best 5/5 gold ships. They just keep building and selling the normal ones off cheaply. There is good sides and bad to this. Its good that people can pick up cheap ships but bad that they do not do well in battle when they come up against the 5/5 gold ships. Those couple of extra slots make a big difference when it comes to stacking mods.

Money means nothing in the current economy and the limiting factor in producing ships is the limited dock space, so in order to keep rolling the RNG in crafting to get the 5/5 ships they have to sell ships quickly or break them up.

• Like 1

I dont think I have ever sailed a golden ship since quality was re added

Blue does just fine, if its got an extra slot and / or gets an extra trim sure thats better but doesnt make me use the ships with more care

55 minutes ago, Archaos said:

This is what happens in a messed up economy where people have to have the best 5/5 gold ships. They just keep building and selling the normal ones off cheaply. There is good sides and bad to this. Its good that people can pick up cheap ships but bad that they do not do well in battle when they come up against the 5/5 gold ships. Those couple of extra slots make a big difference when it comes to stacking mods.

Money means nothing in the current economy and the limiting factor in producing ships is the limited dock space, so in order to keep rolling the RNG in crafting to get the 5/5 ships they have to sell ships quickly or break them up.

Who gives a shit. You act like you just discovered something new, although we have this every year in this broken project, where developers don`t care about such things, but polish sailing and combat model, and introducing ships, which are not needed. Like Xebec.

People were begging and asking and suggesting, and still every year the same crap. And you wonder?

On 6/13/2018 at 12:40 PM, Archaos said:

Its good that people can pick up cheap ships but bad that they do not do well in battle when they come up against the 5/5 gold ships.

Gold ships are so rare you will be lucky to fight against one once a year. Even when you have one, you usually don't sail it in normal circumstances. It's good people craft more ships, it makes game more accessible to everyone.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Salina PB (Pirates brought 3 Hercs, lost 2). We were outnumbered in that PB and had 2 late joiners on our side.

1CE3AF9DABF775E86618473052D8C60106D7465C

3 Hercules destroyed 7 ships out of 12.

And still I see comments like Hercules doesnt deserve to have much more BR.

@admin this is how fuked are right now shallow water port battles due to the lack of balance every time a new ship is added.

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

3 Hercules destroyed 7 ships out of 12.

And still I see comments like Hercules doesnt deserve to have much more BR.

@admin this is how fuked are right now shallow water port battles due to the lack of balance every time a new ship is added.

??? Prussia had 6 Hercs, Pirates had 3 Hercs + Pirates had 3 more ships than we did. First 15-30 mins we had 2 less ships, controllers joined after 30 mins, Ghost after 15 mins. It was 7v12 basically.

6 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

??? Prussia had 6 Hercs, Pirates had 3 Hercs + Pirates had 3 more ships than we did. First 15-30 mins we had 2 less ships, controllers joined after 30 mins, Ghost after 15 mins. It was 7v12 basically.

Controlers was sailing a normal rattle, ghost a prince.

So it is quite clear to me that those 6 Hercules did most of the job. As you said, it was 7 vs 12 most of the time. Having 2x of Hercules is enough for an easy win.

Hercules is the most broken ship i have seen in a while, you can defeat light frigates with it. 

Im not saying your captains arent skilled, but it is quite obvious that those extra Hercules made the difference.

• Like 4

Show me a port battle where the side with less hercs, or no hercs, wins against a fleet of hercs and I'll stop saying the Herc is broken.

Just continuing the trend of whoever brings more hercs wins.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Controlers was sailing a normal rattle, ghost a prince.

So it is quite clear to me that those 6 Hercules did most of the job. As you said, it was 7 vs 12 most of the time. Having 2x of Hercules is enough for an easy win.

Hercules is the most broken ship i have seen in a while, you can defeat light frigates with it. 

Im not saying your captains arent skilled, but it is quite obvious that those extra Hercules made the difference.

There's a lot that cannot be deciphered from a battle results screenshot. At one point we were fighting a 3v5 and 4v6 at the same time. Once ghost showed up he had to fight 1v2 in a prince. I do agree that herc is temporarily OP, but I think we deserve a little credit too. 

Edited by Capn Rocko

4 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

There's a lot that cannot be deciphered from a battle results screenshot. At one point we were fighting a 3v5 and 4v6 at the same time. Once ghost showed up he had to fight 1v2 in a prince. I do agree that herc is temporarily OP, but I think we deserve a little credit too. 

Thats why I said "im not saying your captains arent skilled".

• Like 1