Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

1 hour ago, Liberalism said:

I am just stopping you from spreading false information and data to influence opinion of other users. It also shows that you know less, considering you can't post correct information on the game statistics. 

-10% reload

+10% penetration

+5% speed

+15% acceleration

+15% deceleration

+10% thickness

+10% mast thickness

+10% repair

FYI these are the only bonuses I would consider totally OP. Even 10% HP is not that bad. Imo 15% acceleration is more op than 5% speed too. 

10% thickness as a standalone bonus without the other 4 is completely op. I actually think all thinkness mods should be removed from game. Cannons penitration can never be fixed with thickness mods because angling the armour at an angle gets more cms angling

Example.

kEboxCi.png

100cm ship has 141cm of armour at 45degree angle. That 41cm more

With 10% armour the ship gets 110cm armour. 10% Problem is at a 45 degree angle the ship gets 155cm or armour. That is 14cm more than 141 of the base ship. People often think its "only" a 10cm advantage but it is not. The multiplier makes angling far to op. 

I am going to make a topic about this... 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 2

On 5/7/2019 at 9:34 PM, William Death said:

Actually, if you look on the map, we were busy flipping a port during that time. 

You'll note that the nationality of the port we flipped was not USA, so we don't just club seals. We're equal opportunity farmers. It ain't much, but its honest work :).

Anyways, this might be a good test for how fast the US can recover from such a hard loss. *munches popcorn*

So what was the results of that port battle?

7 hours ago, Routan said:

Your math is right and it is how angling should work. But I am not sure it is how it works in this game. I seams to remember thst admin some time ago, wrote something abouth changing how angling worked to fit the turn rate. It might be a fixed tabel. Something like this.

base thickness. angling     Thinkness

100.                         1-5.              110

100.                         6-10.            125

100.                        11-15.           145

100.                       16-20            150

If thats the point, it just makes it even worse. But guess we need admin to tell how it actually is calculated. That said yours idea of angling would be the correct one.

Thickness really doesn’t help if your under 250m brawling.  Yes if every on. Lines up and fires from a distance the thicker ship will bounce more shots.  Other wise most fights turn into brass and than that thickness doesn’t mean much at all.

1 hour ago, Routan said:

So basicly no need to upgrade port in thickness, no need to put thickness upgrade on, no need to worry abouth rare woods, if I get you right?

Did I say that?  No I didn’t.  My point is it doesn’t make them god op ships.  Just look at the San Aug port battle the other night.  While US one the port battle we got slaughtered and we had a good number of new built ships in that fit.  All that HP and thickness didn’t do crap when I had 3-5 guys shooting at me.  It doesn’t do crap when folks get boarded and don’t know how to get out of it.  Bad players will always be bad players.  We where out fought but we won cause we played the circle game to keep enough points to win.  With time most nations will have these ports set up.  The smart ones are pooling resources and clans helping each other out to make them.  

20 hours ago, Wraith said:

I would like to think that this point is why you humbly didn't submit this screen cap as an example of a "Great Battle" result.  What I see in that picture is a gank, pure and simple, of a fleet that just got beat up by OP/cheating NPCs and the U.S. still managed to lose ships to already damaged and likely low-on-repairs French fleet.  Hostility missions, if contested, are outrageously in favor of the Defenders because of the nature of the current combat model, NPC buffs, and the way that defenders can join positionally.

Now, I think you can argue both ways whether this is good or bad from a mechanics perspective, but I would hope that any fleet jumping a hostility mission has the humility to not claim they had a Great Battle results from one. 🙄

Yah that was part of the point, it wasn't a brag it was for two things. Point out they have lost a lot of ships this week.  There is another one where they lost the exact same amount of ships as US did but 2 guys got out (it wasn't a hostility missions but out side them).  Those hostility missions are a death sentence if some one jumps in.  Every time in the past we tried to stay up late to flip ports we lost most of the guys cause of the missions being jumped in and fighting both AI and players, now AI are even more stronger.   

If KoC actually had some balls and as good as he acts like all the time he wouldn't be hiding behind such a late night timer.  They do it cause they know most folks don't stay up that late in the game and play so it keeps them safe.  At one time I don't think they would of  filled San Aug if we had been able to flip it and that was why they keep it so late.  We all know his guys can be on during other time zones cause they show up at EU and US prime times all the time.  

Than lets not get into the fact that WO and VCO refuse to fight each other when they are the two strongest RvR clans in the US time zone.  Instead they both like picking on weak easy targets instead.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:34 PM, William Death said:

Actually, if you look on the map, we were busy flipping a port during that time. 

You'll note that the nationality of the port we flipped was not USA, so we don't just club seals. We're equal opportunity farmers. It ain't much, but its honest work :).

Anyways, this might be a good test for how fast the US can recover from such a hard loss. *munches popcorn*

Guess that fight was to late for you?  This is why it cracks me up when Chris says I avoid fights.  Just like others with school (You) and work (many others) we can't make all the fights.  Looked like ya'll kinda showed up to not fight.  While GB showed to fight....maybe they didn't need timers cause they had the folks to fill it?

image0.jpg?width=1442&height=586

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Guess that fight was to late for you?  This is why it cracks me up when Chris says I avoid fights.  Just like others with school (You) and work (many others) we can't make all the fights.  Looked like ya'll kinda showed up to not fight.  While GB showed to fight....maybe they didn't need timers cause they had the folks to fill it?

image0.jpg?width=1442&height=586

I heard when the US attacked little river 10 or 15 times you were present at zero of them.  Same with shallow ports like marsh and harbor.  Sounds like you’re just dodging fights against VCO... not all of them.   

Why go personal on the great battles thread tho?  If you got a grudge against this clan you should probably stop avoiding every fight against them.  

Just saying 

Edited by Severus Snape

40 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

I heard when the US attacked little river 10 or 15 times you were present at zero of them.  Same with shallow ports like marsh and harbor.  Sounds like you’re just dodging fights against VCO... not all of them.   

This got to be Christ on another alt cause you keep saying I wasn't at Marsh Harbor.  I was very much there cause if every one remembers I made a post about the Forts being an instant 500 points in PB and that was to much points.  If any one notice they aren't worth much now and a lot harder to kill (if your mortar Brig is in range of the forts your in range of it too).  While I did make it to Harbour Island and many of those LR port battles cause I been working 3rd shift for over a year and half now. I leave for work around 9-9:30pm.  Most US prime time port battles are from 8pm till later.  I could be in some but than I would have to leave half way through it. So instead I actually gone with the screening fleet if I had time, but most the time I didn't.  

So Christ or who ever this is as it's only been you that keep accusing me of not being at Marsh Harbor (See below I'm at the PB as Suicidal Tendencies my shallow water alt).  What does my battles in the past have to do with a screen shot of a battle that you weren't in either. I'm only stating what I see from the screen shot.  That has nothing to do with you or me, so let the guys that showed up to that PB explain why they came in DLC ships and left.  I'm going to bet it was part of a double flip to try to split the GB forces between that port and the one WO took.  So not only are ya'll night flippers, but your double flippers, but hay WO is your butt buddy  so what do I care.   

I hope they do this coalition thing so they have to leave France and just join ya'll cause we all know VCO and WO aren't ever going to fight each other.

8AB81CFEA9833CB1CC116BE24FD620ACF8A81D7B

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

11 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

WO fought privateer and wraith Justin last night.  Why are you always wrong?

Why did not show up to any of the little river fights?

I'm going to talk REAL SLOW AND LOUD FOR YOU.....I WORK NIGHTS FROM 10PM-6AM.  I LEAVE FOR WORK AT 9PM. Those are my normal hours when I work a 12 hour shift covering half of 2nd shift it's 6pm-6am.  Which means I'm either going to have to leave in the middle of the port battle or it happens after I have all ready left for work.  I been working 3rd shift for over a year and half so far.  What part of that do you not get?  

And a few OW fights is not fighting them.  When are you going to have RvR or true big fights.  Privateer actually likes to fight folks any one, so I'm not surprised he fought WO, or was this in the PvP zone?  That would make since too cause it's pretty much a FFA in there.

Again what does this have to do with the topic of this thread and the battle posted?  Once more going off topic and personnel attacks.   Seems like repeated pattern here with a certain person.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Care to elaborate?  Have we dodged fights?

Well considering you only nightflip in RVR and you make it a point to only nightflip on weeknights instead of weekends, yes. Did you guys actually fight santa fe or were you just looking for a free handout? I mean even US players are calling you out for retarded battle times and lets not get started with the skeezy workaround you guys had for not fighting your way up florida :)

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wraith said:

"Night" is our prime time smart ass. World is round.  TIme to move on. The fact that we choose to flip ports or set timers in our prime time shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Timers become a problem when people deliberately set them outside the time when they can defend them (please see Savannah for example).

558b9c91b2d3316348c57831669a550f.png

I challenge you to find a VCO port with a timer outside our prime time... (I'll help you out, there isn't one). And what's wrong with flipping a port that apparently no one cared about (no timer) to see if we could a players and their alts in for Victory Mark generation?  Like how we chose to retain our port on the East Coast, it's a mechanic baked into the game that we'll use as we see fit.  

It also helps that flipping a shallow port (santa Fe) takes almost no time to flip and small group can do it in big ships. 

• Like 2

Easy there slick its ok if you need to use west coast timers to hold ports, we understand. Just curious about santa fe because you said earlier you didnt have enough players but you just said 0300 or whenever you set the port is your primetime. If you didnt have the players to take the port in the first place, how did you plan to box out other nations in the region from taking it back? Why is it you only had eleven players in your primetime? Why run away from a fight when all you have to lose are dlc ships?

Edited by Potemkin

3 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

I can see how it would appear that way to an outside observer. Especially since it looks like Santa Fe took GB away from Port au Prince, but really we just need to plan better.

Maybe if you stop screening for WO and actually attack them (that would give you the fight your always saying your looking for) than people would stop saying your nothing but WO's screeners.  You where at San Aug screening for the PB.  Could of gotten a nice fight with there wounded fleet on the way back but ya'll ran off to flip San Fe as they than went to flip PaP.   So to every one else that very much looks like ya'll jump the gun and was trying to split Brits forces.  Remember it's all about your actions and how people perceive them. 

Maybe for the change stop doing the same thing over and over and do something different. Also you can do port battles on weekends and attack EU clans like the rest of us, doesn't have to always be late night weekdays when most of us are sleeping for our jobs.

Well I'm out of here for work and than out of town for Mothers Day.  Try not to burn the place down and have some fun.  I'll be checking results of port battles tomorrow.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:23 AM, Wraith said:

I would like to think that this point is why you humbly didn't submit this screen cap as an example of a "Great Battle" result.  What I see in that picture is a gank, pure and simple, of a fleet that just got beat up by OP/cheating NPCs and the U.S. still managed to lose ships to already damaged and likely low-on-repairs French fleet.  Hostility missions, if contested, are outrageously in favor of the Defenders because of the nature of the current combat model, NPC buffs, and the way that defenders can join positionally.

Now, I think you can argue both ways whether this is good or bad from a mechanics perspective, but I would hope that any fleet jumping a hostility mission has the humility to not claim they had a Great Battle results from one. 🙄

To be fair, attackers do have a chance when groups join their hostility mission. My clan has had it happen to us but we won anyway. It was in the shallows, but we were mostly sailing Mercuries

15 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

I can see how it would appear that way to an outside observer. Especially since it looks like Santa Fe took GB away from Port au Prince, but really we just need to plan better.

9or5QH9.png

Yeah I can see it too :P 

I mean, imagine being KoC's distraction. That is low

19 hours ago, Potemkin said:

Easy there slick its ok if you need to use west coast timers to hold ports, we understand. Just curious about santa fe because you said earlier you didnt have enough players but you just said 0300 or whenever you set the port is your primetime. If you didnt have the players to take the port in the first place, how did you plan to box out other nations in the region from taking it back? Why is it you only had eleven players in your primetime? Why run away from a fight when all you have to lose are dlc ships?

Greg said they aint gonna put a defense so some of us took a 'day off' and our numbers are going lower and lower because there is too many forum PVPers and not enough actual players to fight with

46fc1f7ed35c36ffd254944489f73736.png