Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Welcome to the Caribbean Part 3 - Improved RVR, ROE and New player mission

admin

10 hours ago, huliotkd said:

@admin how does it work? i have the ''DLC required'' picture for trincomalee but i'm a current owner of the game

Not an admin, but it has not been activated yet. No one can redeem yet. 

On 5/28/2020 at 4:03 PM, Jan van Santen said:

1 more question: last time i got a wooden chest, it came w a 3hr timer...according to namap, timer is still there...so how am i supposed to collect them for port investment ??

Timer was removed...so where can I claim my golden AdR ? :)

0749B5F53BA624B5468CB6322E40A2942E8BE019

Thanks for the free Trinc, but I admit my expectations were a bit higher for a $50 equivalent gift.

Speaking only for myself, I would not pay $50 to get a DLC Trinc, which is one of the easiest crafting ships to get in-game.

That said, I realize you did not have to give us anything at all, so thank you.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 9:14 AM, Aquillas said:

I had trouble to keep out a Bermuda(s)/Bermuda(s) purple Niagara.

Excuse my ignorance, but if you did not sink or capture any ships, how can you tell what woods/grade the ship is?

9 hours ago, Kubrat said:

Excuse my ignorance, but if you did not sink or capture any ships, how can you tell what woods/grade the ship is?

This were my ship built. And in such a ship, I got difficulties to keep out safely.

• Like 1

Currently its possible to get pulled by the increased pull circle and start within the  join area of the enemy

grafik.png.3120af77d4b03df370d3f558b46dee41.png

black = increased pull circle

Orange = old pull circle

Green = friendly late join circle

red = enemy late join circle

blue = overlapping areas

Late join circles need to be moved further away from the center

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, z4ys said:

Currently its possible to get pulled by the increased pull circle and start within the  join area of the enemy

grafik.png.3120af77d4b03df370d3f558b46dee41.png

black = increased pull circle

Orange = old pull circle

Green = friendly late join circle

red = enemy late join circle

blue = overlapping areas

Late join circles need to be moved further away from the center

+1 

Today Hotfix

• Attack circle lowered from 1000m to 650m to increase importance of control perk and reduce value of the defensive tag
  • Reduced the damage threshold from 3% of hull average to 2% of hull average
  • Increased the time to threshold accumulation from 1 to 2 minutes
  • Implemented the potential fix of intro missions that was causing the overload of the servers. 

Port battle flag is still undergoing optimization and was supposed to be deployed this week but will be delayed one more week because we had to switch to the intro mission crashes. Peace will continue until next week. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, admin said:

Today Hotfix

• Attack circle lowered from 1000m to 650m to increase importance of control perk and reduce value of the defensive tag
  • Implemented the potential fix of intro missions that was causing the overload of the servers. 

Port battle flag is still undergoing optimization and was supposed to be deployed this week but will be delayed one more week because we had to switch to the intro mission crashes. Peace will continue until next week. 

Question, is the plan to release the crafting/wood rework before or after the RVR change?

Wondering as crafting ships is kinda on hold as we are all waiting on the changes. 

Edited by Redman29
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, admin said:

Today Hotfix

Looks like really better , still counter griefing , and give more chance to catch someone who run 

Nice one devs

On 6/7/2020 at 12:31 AM, Kubrat said:

Thanks for the free Trinc, but I admit my expectations were a bit higher for a $50 equivalent gift.

Speaking only for myself, I would not pay $50 to get a DLC Trinc, which is one of the easiest crafting ships to get in-game.

That said, I realize you did not have to give us anything at all, so thank you.

I doubt they'd even ever sell it as a $50 DLC.

The L'Hermione is currently on sale for £23.79 ($30.28), the Rattvisan is currently on sale for £30.99 ($39.45). The L'Hermione is a 5th rate the same as the Trinc but it is at the bottom end of the 5th rates, the Rattvisan is a 4th rate. So if we take their own pricing we can see that the Trinc should be around £27 ($34.37), no where near the $40-$50 price mark they gave us.

Whilst I am not one to complain about free stuff, I think its only fair that this is pointed out for admin to address. I quite enjoy the Trinc, however it is overshadowed by the endymion which is far better in every sense.

Edited by Band

This new mechanic is great for trading.  I was sailing 3 Traders Brigs today and got tagged by an Ingermanland.  I managed to turn on a port tack , to my best point of sail,  and reach,  with the Inger following.  He was slowly gaining on me, and consistently hitting my sails, and hull.

His shots restarted the leave timer once, but dispite his continuous scored hits on my hull and sails, I was able to leave the battle easily after a few minutes.  I would have been sunk or captured before the change.

This new change will make Trading very easy.  

22 hours ago, Macjimm said:

This new change will make Trading very easy.  

Maybe, but I hope once players see traders escaping rather easily with the new mechanics, they will reconsider to sail more on frigates to hunt down traders. Which is what they were good for. And other frigates can then hunt those frigates. I like frigates, obviously. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dron44I said:

New tag system let me leave with fire.. Its bug?) 

unknown.png

You have 2 people on survival which means the fire is under control, that's why you can leave. If the fire was out of control then you cannot leave. Same for leaks, or taking in water. 

3 minutes ago, Never said:

You have 2 people on survival which means the fire is under control, that's why you can leave. If the fire was out of control then you cannot leave. Same for leaks, or taking in water. 

are you sure? it only means 2 people are working to put out the fire, but the ship still takes damage from it until its totally gone.

8 minutes ago, Never said:

I like to add

fire is not doing enough dmg to reset the timer

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaBrig said:

are you sure? it only means 2 people are working to put out the fire, but the ship still takes damage from it until its totally gone.

Yeah as Z4ys already said, the fire would need to be doing enough damage which a tiny fire doesn't. Maybe once they patch the tag system even a small fire will be able to do enough damage to hold a tag but who knows. I guess we will see. 

3 hours ago, Never said:

Yes.. But in big battles players never shot to low xp ship with fire because he can explore. With new mechanics this ship can just trolling enemys and leave in 3 min. I think that its must to be fixed 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

i have ship take water and timer reset. i cannot leave.

admin explain if  your ship take damage either shown or not, it reset timer. if no take damage (net zero vs repair/bail/fire fight) then no damage registered

It depends on how much water you are taking in, at least that was Admin's explanation. 

Edited by Never

well this game has gotten pretty boring.    To think I am a 2 month old account spent over 150.00 and now there is no rvr, hardly any pvp, because population is down because people don't want to sink ships and replace them with stuff that would be trash in 1 day or 3 weeks.    The numbers on woods keep changing mainly because they tried to make teak and wo worthless so everyone would have to get new ships.   This game is declining faster than my bank account for playing it 2 months.  Your not going to get your population back if you don't start communicating the changes, sticking to those numbers, and giving a realistic time frame for these changes to happen.    Doubloons were suppose to be removed from shipbuilding 2 weeks ago..but that patch didn't happen.    I tried to give this game a fair shake, but whats the point without fights?   Every 2-3 days there is some new change to the upcoming patch that is going to be altered from the previous few days.   Everything being done is a knee jerk reaction.   Its easy to see why people are tired of buying DLC to play the game with a developer that clearly just wants to monetize them and speaking out is punished with bans.   Talking about removing battlechat/global chat because you don't want to issue warnings/bans and actually have to work a support queue.

Time to start looking for other options to spend my time on.

• Like 1