Game-Labs Forum

New Feature Proposals - Trading, Crafting, Economy

admin

Question

Please propose your ideas in the following way.

• 1 Post = 1 Proposal.
    • Players will vote on 1 proposals only. Multiple proposals will mix different subjects and confuse.
    • Multitiered or multi subject proposals will be removed.
  • Keep the proposals on the topic subjects
  • Do not comment. The thread is for proposals only
  • If you want to improve on other people proposals contact them so they can update the post. 
  • Best proposals will be brought up by the system based on likes and we will comment on them once in a while. Proposals which dont get community attention will be ignored and will sink to the bottom.

Example of formatting 
Correct example

• Cannon crafting proposals
    • Cannon crafting change rationale
    • Cannon crafting current version and whats wrong
    • Proposal on cannon crafting change

Incorrect version

One post 

• Cannon crafting proposal (should be a separate in a economy section)
  • Trading proposal (should be a separate post in an economy section)
  • Hostility proposal (should be a separate post in RVR section)
  • DLC ship proposal (should be a separate post in DLC section)

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2020 at 1:14 PM, Bubba Smith said:

I suggest we have improved crafted cannons seperated according to cost in Labour hours per gun.; dubs and even reals. Grey, Bronze, Silver and Gold qualities:

Basic; guns Grey - same as long guns in game now. 

Level 1; guns Bronze -  5% improved accuracy and penetration,  and -5% reduction in load time. Cost + 10% Reals, Dubs (0-10 dubs per gun) and 10% increase in LHs, Iron ore and Coal. 

Level 2; guns Silver -    8% improved accuracy and penetration, -6.25% reduction in load time. Cost +15% LHs, Reals, Dubs, Iron ore and Coal. 

Level 3; guns Gold (Top Tier) - 10-12% accuracy and penetraton, -8.75% reduction loading. +20%, LHs, Reals, Dubs, Iron and Coal. 

All guns guality increases will be before perks and upgrades and can be stacked in addition to. 

Please pardon me if this post is in the wrong section. Feel free to move it and thanks in advance. 

CGI- could reflect the guns qualty both in OW and in battles. Of course when developement time allows. 

I don't understand, silver and gold cannons? I don't remember they were used, I don't see it or logic, they used bronze because it was resistant to corrosion but they were expensive, and iron/steel because they were cheap

The Pirate's Prize

Well, how about, lets you trade in captured ships for a booty reward at the Admiralty under "mission journal"!

Which gives a fair amount of Reals and Dubs! 

In addition, if you can save a NPC Trade from getting captured, youll get a reward aswell, for helping the friendly Trader ?!

That would lead to some nearby symbols on the map like a sword against a sail or something like this, then you can join to rescue a frindly trader (maybe it gets attacked by NPCs aswell not only player attacks, like a PVE event?)

just thinking of more PVE/PVP combat content, which rewards you more and well with money... to do lesser grinding, or do it by fighting ... would be super cool

Make navy guns and bloomfield guns craftable. 

Because of seasoned woods and now the upcoming new woods ships are gaining a lot more armor so it would be nice to also gain some higher firepower. But those special guns are currently far too expensive and too rare. They could be difficult to craft but just as long as there are more ways to obtain them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Port Investments - Money Locker, as per July 2020

Present situation:
Clans and large groups of people can now develop ports above their initial fixed points
25 points (initially) can be added to ports using investments.
Every investment level gives 1 extra point to port development. 1 additional port point costs 10 Money Lockers, 50 Wooden Chests and 30 Victory Marks

My suggestion:
Clans can develop ports above their initial fixed points
Additional 25-35 points can be added to ports using investments (tiers by port value).
Every investment level gives 1 extra point to port development.

Investment tiers:

- ports with initial 50 points or more  - 1 additional port point costs 10 Money Lockers, 50 Wooden Chests and 30 Victory Marks - maximum of additional 25 points
- ports with initial 30 points up to 49 points - 1 additional port point costs 5 Money Lockers, 20 Wooden Chests and 10 Victory Marks - maximum of additional 30 points
- ports with initial 0 points up to 29 points - 1 additional port point costs 1 Money Lockers, 10 Wooden Chests and 0 Victory Marks - maximum of additional 35 points

This allows all clans and all ports to be invested upon and, by effort and organisation, to become effective and even surpass supposedly main ports. They also can become valuable Conquest targets.

Once a port hits a tier, say it passes from 29 points to 30 because of investment it automatically becomes a port with 30 points and investment cost is raised. But port does not count as being an Initial 30 points.

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 2

• Make doubloons great again: now they are quite worthless - you "only" need them for some buildings - once you have them, they aren't needed any more. So the formerly "precious" loot from PVP becomes now a side product .... why has shipbuilding changed to happen now on Reals basis?

Hello,

Since the Karma patch is delayed, add the possibility to pass contracts in foreign ports when you enter with a trader ship.

This would help reduce the gap between players with single account and the numerous alts. Both would then have the same theoretical trading rights regarding rare goods.

Edited by Serk

I think it could be interesting for earning money: 

•  The possibility of introducing your money into a bank obtaining little profit, with risk of lossing it if port in which is builded is captured.
  • Like 1

Make it an option for ship DLCs to yield a non tradeable crafting permit [on the same cooldown as the ship].

So instead of printing the actual boat with woods of my choosing, print a regular permit that needs all the resources like a normal ship to be built.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ship Crafting Proposal.

• Make "special trims" craftable. Remove Shabby special trim from possibility.
  • Give us a way to "upgrade" the quality of our ships. I.E. if my ship rolls blue quality, let me craft a very expensive crafting requirement item (base it off of rates I.E. 1-7 Rate different item each.. to upgrade my ship from blue to purple and purple to gold etc. you can even make it two separate items I.E. going from blue - purple will require X and going from purple to gold will require X. Than adjust costs based off of the rate.

This will once again put the power of crafting back into the hands of the person making the ship. Right now it is just 100% too RNG to craft a ship, if i craft a Seasoned Wood Santisima it costs an insane amount of seasoned wood.. imagine getting shabby from that? That is horrible. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

Higher insurance when you lose a ship in combat, like not that high again, but just a bit more. Maybe something like 500k for a 1st rate, 400 for second rate, 300 for 3rd rate, 200 for a 4th rate and 100 k for a 5th rate and 50k for a 6th rate and and maybe 10k for a 7th rate. 
It doesnt have to be like my numbers but it would be nice to get a bit more back, but 500k for a 1st rate with 5 upgrades on and 5 port bonuses and then go down if it doesn't have upgrades on. 

• Like 1

Automated trading convoys. 

Currently you have to sail all trade routes or cargo ships manually, which is very time consuming and plainly boring specially if a player doesn't own alt or can't multi-box. 

I propose to add the possibility to create AI controlled trade convoys with player owned ships for a fee, the amount of the fee depending on the rank of ship captains you wish to hire. (from a basic captain with zero skills to an elite captain). The convoy would sail the fastest route (or a manually set route if possible) to a set destination port. The convoy remains in service for a set period of time chosen when it's hired. Once it arrives at it's target port, the player can access the ships, set a new destination or dismiss the convoy captains. 

With the added possibility to join any battle if the convoy gets attacked in OW based on the Loki system (if possible).

• Like 7

Ok let me try a quick one here. (Posting from mobile so bare with me)

Regional currencies

This is sort of an RVR suggestion too, each nation produces it's own currency through minting and conversion. Doubloons remaining universal tender to all nations.

This would be a big eco change that would benefit the game in such a way that nations hold more distinct purpose, a common goal to spread their currency. Ports that accept currency can be taxed, and that money is held by clans. 

Nations not that of the one who owns the port will have to play within the economy of the nations of which goods they wish to buy, and regions tied together by similar economy benefit more than being isolated.

(For the record, this idea is not my own)

like/comment/subscribe

@admin

Ship Crafting Experimentation System

• A system where you can increase "risk" and resource cost for higher chances at purple and gold-trimmed ships.
    • A multiplier of probability for fancier trim that scales with resource outlay (2x multiplier = 2x resources | 3x multiplier = 3x resources | with a cap)
    • For the increased probability of fancy trim, add equal chance of getting "shabby", or green/gray trim on the bottom end of the probability scale.
      • For simplicity's sake, let's say rolling a 20 on a 20-sided die would get me a purple/gold (5% chance) -- under this, I could spend 5x the recipe resources to increase my chances of a purp/gold trim to 25%. Rolling a 15-20 would then pop a gold/purple ship, but I would then have to worry about rolling a 1-5, which would result in a green/gray/shabby trim.
    • Pure RNG crafting makes the process a little more passive than it could be.
      • Making a masterpiece in any craft is understandably going to take more tries, longer hours, and extra resources, as you experiment, prototype, throw out, and start over.
      • Compressing the  process into a simple risk-based mini-game would save players real-world time, give them more agency in the process, and have more fun -- all without reinventing the wheel with a major crafting overhaul.
      • Labor hour and resource constraints would prevent this from getting gamed, and could create suspense and a climax after you spend all week gathering 5x resources to make that perfect PB ship.
      • Could also give us something to do with our piles of unseasoned wood laying around our warehouses if we could dump them into risky experimental ship builds for better chances at gold/purple trims.
Edited by Captain TShirt
  • Like 1

With all the new change in wood, maybe its time to add some new trim for crafted ship:

2 proposal for that:

1-Make crafted ship have chance to have refit trim ( liverpool refit, nassau refit ect). Some of them are very intersting cause they give bonus you can't have anywhere ( 2%speed+staysails power for example)

2-Create new trim who can work good with new wood systeme:

-Well disagned : Repair time needed  -10%

- Good disagned : -5%

- Large porthole :Gun reload time -5%

- Good porthole : Gun reload time 2%

ectect

Maybe this kind of new add for the game need to be discute with some old player together for create the best trim for the game without be too OP.

Due to constant changes in wood stats, many if my ships have lost their sense.

I want yo propose the possibility of "reforming" ships. Paying some penal in money and labour hours, It would be interesting changing woods a ship is made of.

I think It could be a good compensation to my locusts ships that are boring in my ports.

Thanks.

• Like 1

- Make 3-4 trade hubs on the map stores of which are linked (you can buy and sell goods in all of them distantly while you are located in one of them).

- Player made delivery contract that other players could accept and do

• Like 2

seasoned wood revised.

Remove seasoning wood.

All ships are by default built of seasoned wood.

Ships can be selected at crafting to instead be built out of green wood, at a reduced cost of crafting materials amount, LH, and doubs if applicable. Green wood ships would be less srong and slower.

Rational: Seasoned wood was not a special secret only available to a few, it was the standard for ship building, and almost any other woodworking. The 'green wood' ships would represent those ships hastily built, either for building speed or by corrupt shipyards not using the proper materials, including not using all the fasteners required.

• Like 2

Предлагаю сделать прокачку слотов для выставления кораблей на продажу, например через 10 проданных кораблей на аукционе можно подорвать 11 кораблей на аукционе, через еще 10 проданных еще открывается 1 слот. и так до 20 слотов.