Game-Labs Forum

Patch 30: General feedback

2 hours ago, admin said:

yes i think its coming

I hope so. Adding the ability to determine a capped AI's build and make the decision to keep or sink in an informed way will become even more important in the future as our ships, funds, and XP (maybe?) become more rare. 

Edited by Farrago
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The other issue with switching your ships like that is it removes your ship knowledge for either ships until you get back into port and can set them for the main.  It would be nice if  you can actually set ship knowledge for your ships and fleet and it stays like that until reset.  

You should be able to change your knowledge at sea.  Why not...knowledge is not a physical thing. Another issue is if you die on your primary ship and have ships in fleet.  When you spawn outside the battle on your fleet ship, your knowledge slots are empty.

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You should be able to change your knowledge at sea.  Why not...knowledge is not a physical thing.

It would be a physical thing if those Knowledge Slots were actually Officer Slots and Knowledge Books were applied to these different officers. ;) 

My Feedback, first some points i don't like:

• Ship Permit's RNG locked is a bad idea making game unfun
  • Rare Woods only buy able with doubloons, 10k doubloons for only 1000 wood logs way to few!
  • AI ships still way to strong

But these changes i like:

• UI Awesome!!!
  • Fire spread dangerous but fun! good balanced after hotfix
  • DLC's i like them all, now i can get paint on my ships
  • Crafting changes so i don't need to craft materials makes easier to craft and better overview.
Edited by Shrez
  • Like 1

Please let selected ship knowledge to stay on ships if sent to fleet. When in fleet knowledges are inhibited. When sent to docks or selected as main ships, preselected knowledges show up again. 

Please let us see knowledge slots during sailing. 

Would be nice to add information to ships at docks. So if I have 2 Bellonas, I can understand which one pvp/pve/boarding etc. just looking at the list. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Aerospace said:

Would be nice to add information to ships at docks. So if I have 2 Bellonas, I can understand which one pvp/pve/boarding etc. just looking at the list. 

Yes please! Also make an indicator for Shallow Ship....like somewhere next to the Rate Number just add the letter S or something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aerospace said:

Please let selected ship knowledge to stay on ships if sent to fleet. When in fleet knowledges are inhibited. When sent to docks or selected as main ships, preselected knowledges show up again. 

I completely agree on the 3 points

it is extremely strange that it is not working like this by the way.

14 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

It would be a physical thing if those Knowledge Slots were actually Officer Slots and Knowledge Books were applied to these different officers. ;) 

soo those ships have no captains ???

every ship has his own officer on board 

the question is who is in charge of the navigation and command (and that is you)

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thonys said:

the question is who is in charge of the navigation and command (and that is you)

Captain is you. There would be a Marine Officer with boarding books, a Boatswain with crew books, a Carpenter with repair books, etc...

1 hour ago, Thonys said:

the captain is just one man who directs the ship, the officers are the ones wwhich are more or less the same thing as ship upgradesho relay down to the crew, some positions like this that we could have officers to upgrade for would be an improvement, that way you're upgrading your crew along with your captain.Warrantchart.png

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The other issue with switching your ships like that is it removes your ship knowledge for either ships until you get back into port and can set them for the main.  It would be nice if  you can actually set ship knowledge for your ships and fleet and it stays like that until reset.  

true, its not like the crews memory is suddenly wiped out of how to handle the ship

9 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You should be able to change your knowledge at sea.  Why not...knowledge is not a physical thing. Another issue is if you die on your primary ship and have ships in fleet.  When you spawn outside the battle on your fleet ship, your knowledge slots are empty.

I wouldn't want to have it changed at sea, going into port is fine, cause folks will other wise switch fast from a combat brawling to a boarding ship at sea depending who they ware fighting.

13 hours ago, Shrez said:

• Rare Woods only buy able with doubloons, 10k doubloons for only 1000 wood logs way to few!

agree fully with the two points
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Aerospace said:

To solve the last point, own naming would be a solution. In your example the ships would only be Bellona-class, but with different names.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shrez said:

Same here, agree with these two points.

Yesterday I wanted to craft a 5th rate for the shallow patrol and since I got a paint for Reno (and I love the Reno) I thought let's go with that one... Nope. FU Zlat. You need a permit. Asked in global and nobody had one. Then I thought okay I have a paint scheme for the Niagara aswell, let's go with her. Nope! FU Zlat! Finally someone accepted to sell me a Reno... But still, I was not able to craft it myself. I just lost 1h to get this ship. The only thing that comes to my mind when I think of those permits is : BOOOOOORRIIIIIIIING!

Second point, I don't know if you adjusted something to NPCs or if it was just bad timing/luck but patrol areas this week felt way too empty (PvE). I gave up on Thursday's patrol after 1h30 of circling around and finding nothing, and yesterday it took me 2 or maybe 3 hours to painfully achieve 70k damage. You should really do something about that.

Edited by Zlatkowar
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Zlatkowar said:

Same here, agree with these two points.

Yesterday I wanted to craft a 5th rate for the shallow patrol and since I got a paint for Reno (and I love the Reno) I thought let's go with that one... Nope. FU Zlat. You need a permit. Asked in global and nobody had one. Then I thought okay I have a paint scheme for the Niagara aswell, let's go with her. Nope! FU Zlat! Finally someone accepted to sell me a Reno... But still, I was not able to craft it myself. I just lost 1h to get this ship. The only thing that comes to my mind when I think of those permits is : BOOOOOORRIIIIIIIING!

Second point, I don't know if you adjusted something to NPCs or if it was just bad timing/luck but patrol areas this week felt way too empty (PvE). I gave up on Thursday's patrol after 1h30 of circling around and finding nothing, and yesterday it took me 2 or maybe 3 hours to painfully achieve 70k damage. You should really do something about that.

Yes to both. Why do we even find permits in loot we could just as well buy ? I'm stuck with a s**load of permits for ships nobody wants/sails anyway but can't find the ones I (the market) need.

C'mon, this is basically a capitalist game : we have a free market on PvE server. Any attempts to control supply /demand  to make certain ships or woods near unavailable is fail. Making them hard to get: fine, making them near unavailable (eg by putting wo in a french town where none else but the french can place contracts) or selling them at moon prices in admiralty is against the design of a trade market per se.

It just doesn't work that way ! The euro traders, smugglers...anything like that would be more than happy to deliver rare stuff (from outside the Caribbean, if the price is right.

If you ever visit Cuba, you learn this: Historically all foreign goods sold in Cuba had to come from Spain (come form admiralty in NA) and be imported via Havanna (come from 1 town only in NA) , which made them rare and some near unavailable in places far away from Havanna. Result: Pirates, Smugglers eg were more than willing to supply and  the authorities didnt notice anything...as long as they got their share..err bribe.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 4

it feels s like when having all the boarding upgrades and books and fit of a boarding vessel

the determined defender is a big denial of all those books and upgrades 

it isn't right, specially if you have to fight a full-grown captain sailing in a 4 rate and up

it feels wrong ...

for me, it is a decision maker to stop and go to the next adventure what is unfortunate not this game,...see you all later (perhaps)

He thought that no ship of 5th or smaller should need permission, since you can capture it without problems, I do not understand the need to obtain permits unless you want to put some ship as a rare object, which does not seem appropriate, the level difficulty of obtaining permits should go in relation to the level of the boat, it is more logical that you have trouble finding a permit for a first that not for a 5th from my modest point of view that would be fairer and would give a point of interest to the game. On the other hand the difficulty in finding one or the other permits should be relative to the good that is a ship or another, a wasap or a consti should be easily found in admiration while finding a bellona should be more complicated.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Thonys said:

se siente como cuando se tienen todas las actualizaciones de embarque, los libros y el ajuste de un barco de embarque

El defensor decidido es una gran negación de todos esos libros y actualizaciones. 

no está bien, especialmente si tiene que luchar contra un capitán adulto que navega en una tasa de 4 o más

se siente mal ...

Para mí, es un tomador de decisiones parar e ir a la próxima aventura, lo que es desafortunado, no en este juego ... nos vemos luego (quizás).

Honestly I do not understand the problem, it's as simple as lowering the crew a bit before boarding, just as you have to slow down or any other setback that you have to overcome. Worst I seemed to see 5 frigates assaulting a line ship and go tackling it and disengage from combat while everyone else tore it to gunfire because it simply could not defend when you assault it to disengage and that others cannon it, besides being totally unreal is a Very ugly gankeo that everyone carries out.

Do permits drop (or have chance to) when you break up a ship?

Perhaps ai-captured ships could do that (up to 5th rates)? and thus make it possible to sort-off upgrade them? (break down, get permit from that, sell it or rebuild with other trims)

There is problem with the Port UI and map regarding patrol zones:

As the screenshots below show, it is not mentioned that La Mona is still a frigate only patrol zone.  Only a BR limit of 3k is shown. Rate limit is only metnioned for solo PvP zone. The map also does not show that max rate for La Mona is still 4th. So when a friend tagged a Pavel in his Aggy, my Wasa and our friends 3rd rate were not pulled into battle and could not enter afterwards.
image.png.0b0fb77afcc466d05eaed4d08ce1d2e5.png

image.png.998a9d2be0c4705b23a1b9b924bd7a27.png

The info on ship rate limit needs to be shown somewhere!

Edited by Tom Farseer
Spelling, formatting
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Tom Farseer said:

There is problem with the Port UI and map regarding patrol zones:

As the screenshots below show, it is not mentioned that La Mona is still a frigate only patrol zone.  Only a BR limit of 3k is shown. Rate limit is only metnioned for solo PvP zone. The map also does not show that max rate for La Mona is still 4th. So when a friend tagged a Pavel in his Aggy, my Wasa and our friends 3rd rate were not pulled into battle and could not enter afterwards.
image.png.0b0fb77afcc466d05eaed4d08ce1d2e5.png

image.png.998a9d2be0c4705b23a1b9b924bd7a27.png

The info on ship rate limit needs to be shown somewhere!

will check on info improvements.

Were you trying to create a battle in the solo zone or general patrol zone?

• Like 1

Feedback…

I’ve been back playing for a few hours, Peace Server...

NPCs everywhere, players everywhere (280+), clans abuzz and chat smoking, and that’s just prime time Oceania.

The fun meter is rising!!! :)

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, admin said:

will check on info improvements.

Were you trying to create a battle in the solo zone or general patrol zone?

General patrol zone. As long as a on of the 3rd rates tagged, the RoE worked and all got dragged insinde. The battle then was just a normal OW battle, no Patrol mode. Patrol battles could not be joined by us. Which is fine, given that La Mona is 4th rate max. We just need to be told that beforehand by the UI ;)

3 hours ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Feedback…

I’ve been back playing for a few hours, Peace Server...

NPCs everywhere, players everywhere (280+), clans abuzz and chat smoking, and that’s just prime time Oceania.

The fun meter is rising!!! :)

Thats almost same as pvp server yesterday where max pop hit just over 300 or so :D .

Might come over for a while :) .

Edited by Dibbler