Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 30: General feedback

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, rediii said:

We need more SOL's aswell. :) If 3rd rates and bigger will be king of the sea's then we should have more ships to choose from.

We have two 3rd rates in the game as 4th rates: the Ingermanland and the Agamemnon were both historically 3rd rates.

But as compensation we have the super frigates now as SOL :D 

Edited by van Veen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey, I got the paint DLC... just found out Renome requires a permit to build... ? Belle Poule does not require permit!... is this a mistake? It seems to me that the light corvettes should not require permits to build... if you know what I mean. I could see any ship that mounts 24 pound guns or larger to require a permit to build , but not 18 pounders minus. Of course the guns I am talking about are medium or long guns... not the carros.

And I really look forward to seeing how many more paints come available through the DLC.

 

Edited by LIONOFWALES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LIONOFWALES said:

Hey, I got the paint DLC... just found out Renome requires a permit to build... ? Belle Poule does not require permit!... is this a mistake? It seems to me that the light corvettes should not require permits to build... if you know what I mean. I could see any ship that mounts 24 pound guns or larger to require a permit to build , but not 18 pounders minus. Of course the guns I am talking about are medium or long guns... not the carros.

OP says 'Best ships in every class will now require permits to craft them'. There are 6th rates that requires a permit such as the Rattlesnake (light), the Niagara or the Prince of N. Among the 9-pdr ships, La Renommée and HMS Surprise need a permit. 🙂

Edited by LeBoiteux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I'd honestly prefer new Non-DLC ships at this moment.

but..if you had to choose, I would choose the Hermione.

I would prefer more to craft or allowed to craft also.

 

@van der Decken I know they leave a lot of words off the tool tips cause of locilization of multi languages

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please give us the ability to examine a captured ship before we sink it or decide to keep it.  I know this has been asked for many times, but it's extremely annoying to not know what you've got until you own it and it's no longer sinkable for the CMs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Please give us the ability to examine a captured ship before we sink it or decide to keep it.  I know this has been asked for many times, but it's extremely annoying to not know what you've got until you own it and it's no longer sinkable for the CMs

Seeing as you talk about combat medals I assum that you want to check player owned ships. Those can be checked. Has been that way since I started playing over a year ago.
Although I would very much like the same functionality to be added for AI ships where it is missing for some reason I don't know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tom Farseer said:

Seeing as you talk about combat medals I assum that you want to check player owned ships. Those can be checked. Has been that way since I started playing over a year ago.
Although I would very much like the same functionality to be added for AI ships where it is missing for some reason I don't know...

Really?  Shit.  I capped a player Frigate last night and just sunk it cause I didn't think I could check it.  I don't normally board Players...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Huh?
eiP2GkW.jpg

Sorry for Off-Topic but have I missed something? That is obviously Felix' Map but I never saw a dark color scheme. How did you get that? Want :D

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

Sorry for Off-Topic but have I missed something? That is obviously Felix' Map but I never saw a dark color scheme. How did you get that? Want :D

 

I use Chrome and it is the Dark Reader extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US

It's very helpful on the eyes and you can turn it on and off for any site.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:


Although I would very much like the same functionality to be added for AI ships where it is missing for some reason I don't know...

yes i think its coming

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, rediii said:

We need more SOL's aswell. :) If 3rd rates and bigger will be king of the sea's then we should have more ships to choose from.

i agree completely

but.

if i cant build a Dutch ship, I don't have to paint it also

so no need at the moment for PAINT DLC

on the side note: almost every dutch captain thinks about it that way. they are not going to waste their brushes* on it.

 

* ping ping..

Edited by Thonys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, rediii said:

We need more SOL's aswell. :) If 3rd rates and bigger will be king of the sea's then we should have more ships to choose from.

we are waiting for temerarie/montañes/wreker al three are 3rd rates SOLs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, admin said:

yes i think its coming

actually i take it back

its already in game
 

NPC Ship stats can be determined after capture
To find out NPC ship stats you have either

1) switch to NPC ship and back after boarding
2) add it to fleet and close window 

after that opening the inspect window will allow you to check stats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I would prefer more to craft or allowed to craft also.

 

@van der Decken I know they leave a lot of words off the tool tips cause of locilization of multi languages

the ability to craft an un-tradeable ship on a daily basis only, not a dlc but something you have to supply the mats for.  An ultra rare recipe perhaps

Something to strive for now paints are available for all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

actually i take it back

its already in game
 

NPC Ship stats can be determined after capture
To find out NPC ship stats you have either

1) switch to NPC ship and back after boarding
2) add it to fleet and close window 

after that opening the inspect window will allow you to check stats.

But if we don't like the ship and decide to sink it, it means we get 0 rewards. Bad method, really bad.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, admin said:

actually i take it back

its already in game
 

NPC Ship stats can be determined after capture
To find out NPC ship stats you have either

1) switch to NPC ship and back after boarding
2) add it to fleet and close window 

after that opening the inspect window will allow you to check stats.

perhaps a" inspection the ship"  button can provide more info

what shows a window as if it is placed in the fleet (coding solution wise)

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, admin said:

actually i take it back

its already in game
 

NPC Ship stats can be determined after capture
To find out NPC ship stats you have either

1) switch to NPC ship and back after boarding
2) add it to fleet and close window 

after that opening the inspect window will allow you to check stats.

One question: Why? :D
Why not just align the functionality with the way it works on pvp encounters.

Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, admin said:

??
If you sink it you get the reward. if you do not sink it and take it out to OW you do not get the reward
Switch ships and back
Check if you like it
Sink or keep

As soon as you put crew aboard (which you must do to inspect it), it becomes yours and sinking it then give no rewards.  We would like to be able to inspect it before we put crew aboard.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

As soon as you put crew aboard (which you must do to inspect it), it becomes yours and sinking it then give no rewards.  We would like to be able to inspect it before we put crew aboard.

Did admin delete his post? I don't see it anymore lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

As soon as you put crew aboard (which you must do to inspect it), it becomes yours and sinking it then give no rewards.  We would like to be able to inspect it before we put crew aboard.

we will fix the rewards. removing the switch ship penalty. you will be able to switch inside the instance and later if you sink the ship you get the reward. But for instance switching should not affect the rewards. (Both for pve and pvp)

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

we will fix the rewards. removing the switch ship penalty. you will be able to switch inside the instance and later if you sink the ship you get the reward. But for instance switching should not affect the rewards. (Both for pve and pvp)

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few days ago we went on a 2 VS 11 1st rates hunt, and as I was just not as good at getting the kills, I got 11 assists. I did damage, I set ships on fire, I stil got around 8k xp from the fight altogether, but zero registered kills on missions.

Any chance we could have assists counted in Hunt/S&D missions?
This would really encourage teaming up and playing together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, admin said:

we will fix the rewards. removing the switch ship penalty. you will be able to switch inside the instance and later if you sink the ship you get the reward. But for instance switching should not affect the rewards. (Both for pve and pvp)

The other issue with switching your ships like that is it removes your ship knowledge for either ships until you get back into port and can set them for the main.  It would be nice if  you can actually set ship knowledge for your ships and fleet and it stays like that until reset.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The other issue with switching your ships like that is it removes your ship knowledge for either ships until you get back into port and can set them for the main.  It would be nice if  you can actually set ship knowledge for your ships and fleet and it stays like that until reset.  

It seems to also remove the books for all of the same ships in all of your ports. I have noticed if I capture a ship with one Indef, and change the crew back, that all of my Idefs have lost their books. So I've made it a point to ALWAYS check each ship before leaving port. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...