Game-Labs Forum

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

admin

19 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I also have a bunch of anecdotes that reinforce my opinions.

That's really nice...The two people I mentioned are representative of the more casual type of player that NA needs to fill the massive open world and move from MO in the direction of MMO.

I am willing to buy the base game and every DLC on top, they are not. The problem is nobody forces them to play and once they feel treated unfairly or unequal after having paid 40 bucks on the game, they will probably just move on and I am not sure that this is in the best interest of the devs or the game and everyone else playing it - especially considering how hard it is to keep new players in game already.

Edited by Sovereign

1 hour ago, vazco said:

I don't see how having 1-2 outposts more would make a difference in balance. It's much less disturbing than eg. disproportion of number of players between nations and clans. 

Outposts are still under consideration. 

The interesting thing is that the p2w negative that some people suggested can be considered a great thing for the game by others. 

Negative: + more outposts allow you to jump to battles faster, find enemies faster, and reduce your travel time on the open world = thus its pay 2 win.
Positive: + more outposts allow you to jump to battles faster, find enemies faster, and reduce your travel time on the open world = thus its quality of life. 

We have not found the way to respond to the negative. Because negative view is true - it does speed up access to battles. But it also brings quality of life. One would argue that there are already so many outposts that allow to cover all map and adding 1-3 more will change nothing. 

It deserves a separate topic basically. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jodgi said:

Firstly: The alt incentive got baked into NA the moment stuff got rare, even before player production. We used alts to vacuum iron out of Mexico during  the "iron crisis".

Secondly: Show me a sandbox game where alts don't give an advantage.

This is my first exposure to a sandbox game.  And my first exposure to playing against alts.

The latter has not been a positive experience.

On 6/18/2018 at 10:41 AM, admin said:

NPC can rarely sail a 4/5 or 5/5 vessel

@admin how are we supposed to see what build the enemy ship is? Mouseover after boarding only works with player-owned ships for me. So is it just going to be board everything and hope to be lucky once you check back in port?

• Like 5

I am in general not fan of Dlc. But if what we see right now in combat news is the resault. I can live with it. Shroud  Cay will get lots of PvP,

Nice that the Herc have 24 h redeem time. The price is also fair. Think actually we might get fun out of it. 

Would still like my redeem cannons to fir the Herc @admin, But some think it is to push my Dream to far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

Negative: + more outposts allow you to jump to battles faster, find enemies faster, and reduce your travel time on the open world = thus its pay 2 win.
Positive: + more outposts allow you to jump to battles faster, find enemies faster, and reduce your travel time on the open world = thus its quality of life. 

We have not found the way to respond to the negative. Because negative view is true - it does speed up access to battles. But it also brings quality of life. One would argue that there are already so many outposts that allow to cover all map and adding 1-3 more will change nothing. 

Why not allow for people to either buy outposts eg. through premium account with reasonable price, or to buy them through PvP marks, VM's and gold. This way people who spend time in game or get a proffitable port are not excluded - eg. they can make 2-3 missions per week to pay for an account, while those who don't want to do this, can simply pay in real money. If bonus is not extensive (eg. 2 more outposts, 4 more dock spaces), I think (hope) it could be accepted.

edit: when I wrote this I didn't know about "admirality connections". You could still offer other advantages in premium account - eg. one extra tow per day.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, staun said:

I am in general not fan of Dlc. But if what we see right now in combat news is the resault. I can live with it. Shroud  Cay will get lots of PvP,

Nice that the Herc have 24 h redeem time. The price is also fair. Think actually we might get fun out of it. 

Would still like my redeem cannons to fir the Herc @admin, But some think it is to push my Dream to far.

I build outpost at Shroud cay just too pvp with herc

a 5th rate ship in Nassau patrol and you say "So dlc increase pvp battles and suddenly its a bad thing", yep it will increase the pvp for the buyers of Hercules. Other ships will leave after sometime, it will become Hercules Patrol :)

• Like 2

If you understand my post, then it is clear that you have lost atleast one player willing to sail at Shroud for the pvp-event ... why would people do that? It is already a gankfest, and you think it is a good idea to add an op-ship to that mix?

3 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

a 5th rate ship in Nassau patrol and you say "So dlc increase pvp battles and suddenly its a bad thing", yep it will increase the pvp for the buyers of Hercules. Other ships will leave after sometime, it will become Hercules Patrol :)

Step by step it will be balanced. The issue you are mentioning will be addressed next week. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, admin said:

it does speed up access to battles. 

That is the only way NA can get people. Faster access to things. Don't let someone tell you what to do or not to do, you already know where it leads. Add more outposts and add things that make sense and ignore few voices that have 0 idea what they talking about. Quality of life should be high priority. 

Edited by Wind
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wind said:

That is the only way NA can get people. Faster access to things. Don't let someone tell you what to do or not to do, you already know where it leads. Add more outposts and add things that make sense and ignore few voices that have 0 idea what they talking about. Quality of life should be high priority. 

More outposts is only ok in my book if everyone gets it.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, Wind said:

What if a fast moving ship approaching a slow moving ship with battle sails? Fast one has more control and can tbone already slow moving ship. Would that be a reason for a better boarding chance?

I am mostly thinking about low speed vs fast speed and better boarding positioning. 

I see your point. Maybe a positional advantage (if that counts in any new boarding system we get in game!) but under battle sails you should have more numbers available to prepare for a boarding attack too. Also going too fast and a tbone collision should result in damage and lost rigging to both ships.

• Like 2

I like the new ui but I have 2 complaints. The new map looks great but I really dislike how it isn't edge-less like the previous map. Can make it hard to zoom in on somewhere if it's in the corner of the map. I also think that little picture when you click on a battle or a player/ai is just a waste of space. Otherwise I think it looks good. 

4 minutes ago, rbnhd76 said:

Please explain what differences this makes on PVE server. We can't capture ports, correct? So ship crafting for an exceptional should be done in a free port? tia

There is a solution to that....come to the dark side, there was never a promise from day one that they would have a PvE only server.   They also said they won't work on any content for the PvE only server until game is released.  Every thing now is for the PvE/PvP Server

12 minutes ago, rbnhd76 said:

Please explain what differences this makes on PVE server. We can't capture ports, correct? So ship crafting for an exceptional should be done in a free port? tia

On 6/21/2018 at 6:25 PM, admin said:

for pve server it would be all neutral ports

• Like 1