Game-Labs Forum

Swedish Nation

RaimundoJoe

9 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

isnt sweden a dead nation now too? Havent seen a swed around in a while

Sweden suffers from the player loss as much as all nations. But hey, still enough to get a 9600 BR PB fleet together yesterday, so it aint that bad.

7 hours ago, North said:

Thought said Rus on that port??? Or???

Does that mean REDS only defends REDS ports? Because that business model always worked so well in other nations...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Havelock said:

Does that mean REDS only defends REDS ports? Because that business model always worked so well in other nations...

No it doesn't, but a port that is not ours to decide about being empty does not really reflect anything about REDS, does it? Also, we figured that Sweden really really wanted some more ports since you decided to attack yet again only when you saw that we were already fully scheduled with an engagement against your allies the brits (how come btw, that yet again this server has the 2 largest nations allying?). Call it an early Christmas present from us. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Batman said:

I think there are several places across the map where you can get good fights ... Yet swedes, danes, pirates and russians all come to Jamaica every day only attacking Brits, even joining up to fight againts Brits because all they want is fair fights ...

Every Nation capital in this game is always being camped by some person or another. 

3 hours ago, Anolytic said:

No it doesn't, but a port that is not ours to decide about being empty does not really reflect anything about REDS, does it? Also, we figured that Sweden really really wanted some more ports since you decided to attack yet again only when you saw that we were already fully scheduled with an engagement against your allies the brits (how come btw, that yet again this server has the 2 largest nations allying?). Call it an early Christmas present from us. 

what ally ur talking about? just another ex danish now russian fail information try? we have no allies :) 

• Like 3

I forgot, who did we take La Navasse, Portillo and those other ports from? Was it not at least in Part the British?

I don't know about the others, Sveno I think once mentioned it, but we are now limited by outposts. I can't open another one, so if we decided to attack the British now, I'd have to abandon an outpost I need. Besides, aren't the British being absolutely slaughtered by the Spanish?  Every time I see a PB screenshot, it's just sunk sunk sunk sunk sunk for the Royal Navy.

Edited by Quineloe

On 12/9/2017 at 10:57 PM, Christendom said:

Read my post again bud.  Sweden and others from the eastern alliance came to me directly when I was the US diplo and asked us to change sides for the “health” of the server... aka leave GB and VP.  I think in return they were going to kick out the French.

Sveno was there for those talks.  Go ask your daddy.  We of course declined and we learned very quickly that when fair play Sveno says things like “for the good of the server” he really means “things that benefit me”.

Now that similar requests and being made from Sweden to break up their evil empire to help the server they don’t seem to be interested in what’s good for the game anymore.  Funny how that works.  As I told them then and it seems they are saying the same now, it’s not our job to balance the server.  

But this is all in the past.  Now Sweden is bored and either off doing other things or playing Legends while the rest of us are enjoying port battles.  

Never in the history of this game, was the VP ever so large that it needed to send ppl to other nation "to balance the server"

Get your facts in order mate.

2 minutes ago, Yngvarr said:

Never in the history of this game, was the VP ever so large that it needed to send ppl to other nation "to balance the server"

Get your facts in order mate.

7up from VP had US based players that might helped the eastern alliance. 

That's what he's talking about. 

On 12/10/2017 at 8:53 PM, Quineloe said:

You might want to ninja edit your previous post first before posting that. Or is calling people gankers and calling people cowards different from calling them cowardly gankers?

Oh please. Everyone knows you don't get a fight in front of KPR if you show up with 1500 BR.

Mate, there's currently 2 nations in our waters, being Danes and Swedes.

And in both cases, they run when they don't have a 2:1 numerical advantage on their side.

I don't know what you call it, but i ain't calling it PVP

From what i can see, there's little "real" PVP players active.

Most of them are (gankers) looking for easy PVP mark farming.

1 hour ago, Lord Vicious said:

Doubt your clan ever manage to form a pb fleet since i left the game :) , i am amused you still around tbh.   How is gank carebears?

Exile sank the last sorry member on the server. I hope you come back so we can smash sorry again in pb. We have the most successful pb fleet in NA history. 650 wins and 0 losses. You know how I became the most successful pb commander in game? I studied  your commands and leadership and did the exact opposite. If you come back I will destroy you again. Next time I will wipe you and your irrelevant clan not only from game but also from history. You're nafing to me. 

• Like 2

First of all - the strength of the swedish nation is mainly the open minded partnership of the swedish players and the clans. We win together and we loose together. This is the secret of the swedish success. It's not a question of individual strength otherwise the PVP Leaderboards and the Combat Information would contain much more swedish names.

When I and about ten other players left the british nation in May 2017 after the big wipe, we decided to get swedes, because we heard, that in swedish nation you can do as small clan your own staff, will be helped if you ask and will be invited in shared activites. The British nation was full of egoistic players and clan chiefs - remember why the german speaking clans left the council before the wipe and founded the house of commons. This situation changed from bad to worse after the wipe! Even though Sweden had only ports from Island Harbour to Basse-Terre we decided to change. We came in the night, and didn't introduce us and our clan.

After one week we get the invite to the council and the ts-Server. We were helped with materials... I reprise myself.
Remember the night's when we defended our waters against 4 attacing nations. Nearly every Swedish player interrupts his own stuff and helped near Sant Iago, Oranje, Basse Terre against Danes, British, Pirates and French. This were good fights, we lost lot of ships and worked together to restore the losses.

When the 3 new Nations were announcend we in our clan discused to get Prussian and decided to stay Swedes - the reason to stay was the open minded partnership of the swedish players.

It's not necessary to destroy Swedish Nation - it's necessary for other nations to work together and to stop the petty jealousy.

• Like 8

i just have to add:

it were 5 nations that attacked us on that great friday evening:

- pirates in morgans bluff while we try to conquer west end

- spanish and british captains at sant iago

- danes at oranje

- french basic cutter fetishists at basse terre

was one of the greatest days ever or maybe my personal most exitingly day in naval action :)

• Like 2

That organization looks great for every player that likes well structured environments :) Not the first to be done like that, so it is always good to remind.

If you permit me a question, how do you pull "naval academy graduates" into OW pvp in far away lands without making it a overkill battle in favor ?

LOL.....   Just 11 short months ago......

Follow 0

Yar Matey

The Overwhelming Inbalance on PvP1:

By Yar Matey, January 30 in National news 

Rate this topic

•  
  •  
Posted January 30 (edited)

Maybe this is just anecdotal evidence, but it appears to me that there is a very severe imbalance that has developed between the 2 warring alliances.  I speak of the American/British/Dutch alliance (and possibly Pirates, I have seen British screening for pirates at port battles) vs the Danish/Swedish/French/Spanish alliance.  I will refer to them as the ABD alliance vs DSFS alliance respectively.   

At the port battle at Castres the screening fleets of the DSFS Alliance faced an overwhelming amount of ABD's and grossly outnumbered the DSFS's.  From my calculations at this port battle it appears that the ABD alliance was able to field 75 ships that I can count.  There were 2 screening battles and the port battle which was completely full of ABD's and both of these battles had ~1/2 or less the amount of players from the DSFS alliance, and I believe that most of the French 1st rate port battle fleet got pulled into another battle with god knows how many ABD's in that one.  

Also, I have noticed that Sweden had a few players (appears to be a whole clan) switch to the British Nation along with a few others (not in this specific clan switch to the ABD's).  This is on top of LV and however many pirates he has pulled into the British nation along with the large influx of American players, and now the "quitting" Danish (which I have only heard rumors of).  I guess everyone wants to be on the wining side and no one wants to be the loser right?

Like I said, this is only anecdotal evidence, but if what is happening what I think is happening, there will be a collapse of the DSFS simply by the overwhelming numbers on the ABDs side.  

Now I am not blaming anyone or here to sling mud, I am simply telling you my observation, and I do not think such a player inbalance is good for the long term health of this game.

Discuss.

Edited January 30 by Yar Matey
Taranis, Jorge, Cornelis Tromp and 1 other like this