Game-Labs Forum

Swedish Nation

RaimundoJoe

11 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Most of us play together for more than a year, starting with much more losses than wins. We play different games together, 2 months ago we had a real life meeting.

Should we throw this overboard because the rest of the server sucks (except RUS, BF, pirates)?

94F22D579F47CBD17CF9A54C6275B7FB58AE691D

1,5k BR more still no chance to win

In PBs the swedish fleet is atm the best - but I just ran off four guys against me and assassin last night.. A more shamefull display of cowardice has seldom been seen.. I don't mind the ganking (much) but they should have the balls to follow through..

10 hours ago, sveno said:

Now, if HRE would join the Preussians lets say, that is about 70%-80% of the Swedish RvR fleet currently; wouldn't then the issue be the same, just with a new name?
Preurg instead of Swerg? And we would leave our beloved Sweden to die? Nope, not an option.
Now, should we disband HRE because some are butthurt? Go screw yourselfes!

The issue with dominating forces in NA is nothing new - the Pirates, GB and Danes have been dominating before, so why is it an issue now, when Sweden dominates?
We cannot expect that players balance, there is only one thing, and one thing only that should balance in NA: the game mechanics.

Right now it hurts because:
- there is no alliance system. Don't think the alliance system would help, but I for one is for a limited alliance system just to give the game a bit more dimensions.
- there is the game mechanic to give mapwinners even more. Conquest competition is almost as bad an idea as the messed up "treasure fleet" event. Merely promotes ganking up on the smaller nations.
- loosing stuff hurts very much, it is to easy to put a clan/nation to their knees and they need too long to get up again. I think most ships can be replaced rather easily and everyone got more gold than they can carry in their holds. The problem is the upgrades and the imbalances there are to both their availability and their performances.
- changing to winning side is motivated by the game construct (there should be harsh downsides switching to winning team). Agree to some extent, except I believe that changing factions should be possible without losing all levels and crafting xp..
- it is to hard to get proper PvP/RvR experience, due to missing utilities like ingame help, duel room, steep as hell learning curve. Agreed

NA needs to get away from the maxime "the winner takes it all". That starts with PvP and goes up to the strategic level. Agreed
It should be much harder to retain strength. If you are on the top, i would like to have growing handicaps (monté impossible). Disagree
Also please have again an alliance system, because right now, working togheter on the international level is way to hard. 

Many thanks for reading and understanding that its less an issue of people then game mechanics. In regards to the PB strenght of the swedish fleet I disagree that there is a mechanic issue. There will allways be someone on top and where would the fun be if you couldn't dethrone the bastards on the top?

PS: @admin, could you maybe throw in a table of active players grouped by nation (% only is ok), that would help for some to understand the real issue, thanks! :) 

38 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Thats a personal pov because in the past when one nation got too big as GB or Pirates (SORRY), several nations got allied just to restore server balance.

So, what u mean is; RUBLI + BF + REDS should be allied  and go for the swerg to balance the game.

30 minutes ago, qw569 said:

I hope today will be great day if Russian Empire will try to defend Santo Domingo (BR 9600).

The port battle for Santo Domingo (Russian Empire) is scheduled for 10 Dec 2017 19:12 UTC. Defender: RUS. Attacker: HRE (Sverige). BR: 9600

Also I hope there will streamers.

I look at the future ... and see ... an empty port battle!!!

• Like 3

Perhaps forged papers should only offer the chance of moving to a smaller nation than the current one. Or give the smaller nations an exp leveling boost. Either way something could be done to discourage everyone flocking  to the team of the month or year as is the case with Swedes

Edited by Fletch67

30 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

I hope REDS will find their ballz to face Sweden. I wish somebody will stream.

Not a reds port. Why should russian fight Swedes when we attack them both danish and rubli try to screen us out? Why does not rubli try to fight them? 

Also why Don't Swedes attack BF and Rubli that both have attacked Swedes are they scared of loosing against them if they have defenders advantage? 

• Like 4

Well this must be a new. Me agreeing with Nort. They had there dance with the sweeds. And for a short time I guess it was ok. Now the try out a new dancing partner. 

Why do they do that. My guess a big part of the russians is not active right now. Ther where a time when Red(RDNN) and RUS, where close. Guess not so much anymore, since RED dont see a reason to defend a RUS port. So there fore I do think that it is good judgment to find another nation for them to fight.

But who should fight the sweeds. No idea, But maby some one that wants to test themself against the Best.

• Like 1

Lets us be fair. Look at there last pb. No Rus players as far as I rember, and if you count the players in Red. I think I countet 18 different players. 

If thats there numbers I do think they are better of fighting the britts. They britts who have to devide there forces because of the fight with spain.

that Nort dude is a  clever guy:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cortez said:

Why should they? Was everyone allied with GB when they had all advantages?

5 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Thats a personal pov because in the past when one nation got too big as GB or Pirates (SORRY), several nations got allied just to restore server balance.

I just remember the western alliance where 2/3 of the servr was stacked against the other 1/3.

Memory is short it seems.

16 hours ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

I maintain that the issue of a server split, with enforced protected zones for Europeans, came down simply to the fact that the Europeans wanted to win.

Well, it seems they have done so, and in doing, reminded me of a poem.

And you didn't? You didn't want the system because you wanted your free wins just the same. Hypocrite.

10 hours ago, Bearwall said:

In PBs the swedish fleet is atm the best - but I just ran off four guys against me and assassin last night.. A more shamefull display of cowardice has seldom been seen.. I don't mind the ganking (much) but they should have the balls to follow through..

Judging by the latest Tribunal thread, isn't this a huge case of pot calling the kettle black?

10 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Judging by the latest Tribunal thread, isn't this a huge case of pot calling the kettle black?

lol look in the Carribean news section.. When we got dragged in there were about 4-5 players in the port of KPR and we were literally right outside of the port.. For some reason the brits only dare to fight if they are 15 against 4-5 of ours..

EDIT: We actually expected a fair and close fight.. But if they don't give us a decent fight when we invite them right outside of their capital we kill what we get..

Edited by Guest

Just now, Bearwall said:

lol look in the Carribean news section.. When we got dragged in there were about 4-5 players in the port of KPR and we were literally right outside of the port.. For some reason the brits only dare to fight if they are 15 against 4-5 of ours..

I don't see how any of that matters. Proper chivalry would dictate you don't exploit the rookie mistake of a newbie. It's okay you get the free kill anyways, but then don't accuse others of being "cowardly gankers".

Just now, Quineloe said:

I don't see how any of that matters. Proper chivalry would dictate you don't exploit the rookie mistake of a newbie. It's okay you get the free kill anyways, but then don't accuse others of being "cowardly gankers".

I didn't actually accuse the swedes for being cowardly gankers.. I accused them for being cowards that ran when the fight didn't prove that easy..

2 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

I didn't actually accuse the swedes for being cowardly gankers.. I accused them for being cowards that ran when the fight didn't prove that easy..

You might want to ninja edit your previous post first before posting that. Or is calling people gankers and calling people cowards different from calling them cowardly gankers?

EDIT: We actually expected a fair and close fight.. But if they don't give us a decent fight when we invite them right outside of their capital we kill what we get..

Oh please. Everyone knows you don't get a fight in front of KPR if you show up with 1500 BR.

Edited by Quineloe

3 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

You might want to ninja edit your previous post first before posting that. Or is calling people gankers and calling people cowards different from calling them cowardly gankers?

Oh please. Everyone knows you don't get a fight in front of KPR if you show up with 1500 BR.

Please reread my comment. I wrote that I didn't mind the ganking (much) but they should have the balls to follow through. I don't mind debating semantics, but please reflect a bit on your comments before presenting your argument.

32 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

EDIT: We actually expected a fair and close fight..

I think there are several places across the map where you can get good fights ... Yet swedes, danes, pirates and russians all come to Jamaica every day only attacking Brits, even joining up to fight againts Brits because all they want is fair fights ...

• Like 2

Just now, Batman said:

I think there are several places across the map where you can get good fights ... Yet swedes, danes, pirates and russians all come to Jamaica every day only attacking Brits, even joining up to fight againts Brits because all they want is fair fights ...

Stop whining.. I was at the french last night and over the course of the past 2-3 weeks I've prob sunk 2 times as many frenchmen than I have brits.. Just because the biggest carebear nation has 3 reinforcementzones and can't do a decent PB doesn't mean that everyone should leave them alone indefinately..