Game-Labs Forum

Several nations send colonial fleets to West Indies.

1 minute ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Just an info that would apply in the perspective of the release of NA.

but it could help today's newcomers to understand that some faction are very hard to start with.

Pirates are the only hard nation for new players at the moment, because of the outlaw mechanic and rather few / limited nation ports while swedes are one of the easy mode nations, if not the easiest...

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, admin said:

We reduced the tow permits per day from 3 to 1 though - lets start testing the tow effects with 1 tow permit 

If player purchased his ship in the Capital, had his outpost near action zone. He then used tow to the nearest outpost, started pvp and got sunk. Now his gameplay is over because he is limited to 1 tow. 

If he had 3 tows. Player jums back to Capital and buys another ship, then he jumps back into action zone again. 3 tows are perfect and enough for a good pvp run with 2 tries per day. By tries I mean you get sunk 2 times. This will also boost ship demand for ship builders. 

I would also, suggest to stock ports with cheap durable frigates, so players can always pvp in no time. In this case 1 tow will be enough.  

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:

If player purchased his ship in the Capital, had his outpost near action zone. He then used tow to the nearest outpost, started pvp and got sunk. Now his gameplay is over because he is limited to 1 tow. 

If he had 3 tow. Player jums back to Capital and buys another ship, then he jumps back into action zone again. 3 tows are perfect and enough for a good pvp run with 2 tries. 

He said it is to test how it impacts the game first. Currently we don't have any tow at all... i think 1 is good enough and 3 should be the absolute maximum.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:

If player purchased his ship in the Capital, had his outpost near action zone. He then used tow to the nearest port, started pvp and got sunk. Now his gameplay is over because he is limited to 1 tow. 

Are you for real?

Why not just give everyone free ships? Why not let them teleport freely whenever and wherever they want?

If you want easy action, that is always available, there is a game called Naval Action Legends. Maybe you have heard of it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Captains, some clarifications prior to the patch - it will be possible to take a hostility mission from a free town thus outpost owners in Shroud Cay won't lose anything - Shroud Cay will stay as free town.

Thanks! Is there a hint here that some freeports will loose their freeport status? Will we know which?

I also do agree with those saying that you shouldn't be able to start in the new nations. New players will ignore the difficulty warnings and start as those nations, wether those nations have players or not, and wether they have ports or not. They will choose them because they are their IRL nation or because of some other affinity. They will not realise that if their chosen nation has not captured any ports they will have a hard time playing the game at all.

4 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

but it could help today's newcomers to understand that some faction are very hard to start with.

He was referring to you (and devs') designation of Sweden as "HARD". Which is patently laughable at the moment. With or without the good PB fleet that Sweden has now, and regardless of all the captured territories, Sweden is one of the easiest starter nations for non-RvR-players.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, admin said:

We are also very excited about the patch and even about tow (it will definitely increase the ability to jump to action if you know where it is happening). We reduced the tow permits per day from 3 to 1 though - lets start testing the tow effects with 1 tow permit 

The only thing we are unsure about is spawning new nations in one shallow water freetown (we mean new players). We want them to start fighting each other right from the start in shallow water ships, but there is a risk of them allying with each other. 

3 was honestly to much cause your going to see the big clans/nations jumping all over the place with no more travel other than using a basic cutter to set up a port.   Some small clan tries to hit the out of the way port of a big clan...>BANG INSTANT ARRIVAL OF THE DEATH FLEET<   Which would normally not been staged in that area.   

I honestly think those three nations should not be new player start nations.  Nor should Pirates.  Pirates should only be gained by doing something  in game (like how we use to turn pirate from a Nation).  Than give a means for folks to maybe return to or join a new nation (hint the forge papers) that can be earned in game.

15 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Change some shallow ports to deep. Don't do it in shallow. You will cut hands and legs from anyone who will try to play those nations. Simply do this and make few ports around them capture from the start with ability to craft some ships. 

'Engineers started work on deep port near Shroud Cay'. Change Shroud Cay name to something else?

xS9MlWt.jpg

You can get into Shroud Cay with a deep water ship, but I believe you get stuck if you exit port.  Maybe open that up.  Right now you can get into Arthur's Town and George's Town with deep water ship.  You use to be able to get into Crown Haven with one too.  Maybe add one or more ports that are shallow but can get deep water ships in.  I think the concept is though is to start small and work up to something bigger by capturing ports.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

3 was honestly to much cause your going to see the big clans/nations jumping all over the place with no more travel other than using a basic cutter to set up a port.   Some small clan tries to hit the out of the way port of a big clan...>BANG INSTANT ARRIVAL OF THE DEATH FLEET<   Which would normally not been staged in that area.   

I honestly think those three nations should not be new player start nations.  Nor should Pirates.  Pirates should only be gained by doing something  in game (like how we use to turn pirate from a Nation).  Than give a means for folks to maybe return to or join a new nation (hint the forge papers) that can be earned in game.

You can get into Shroud Cay with a deep water ship, but I believe you get stuck if you exit port.  Maybe open that up.  Right now you can get into Arthur's Town and George's Town with deep water ship.  You use to be able to get into Crown Haven with one too.  Maybe add one or more ports that are shallow but can get deep water ships in.  I think the concept is though is to start small and work up to something bigger by capturing ports.

New players won't have deep water ships!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anolytic said:
12 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

He was referring to you (and devs') designation of Sweden as "HARD". Which is patently laughable at the moment. With or without the good PB fleet that Sweden has now, and regardless of all the captured territories, Sweden is one of the easiest starter nations for non-RvR-players.

Sorry if my suggestion is wrongly understood.

The added info about "difficulty" of each nation, is something that would serve at the final release of NA.(with the map wipe)

If implemented now, maybe just by indicating that these 3 new nations are "VERY HARD" (the rest of difficulty values were there only as fake example), it might help today's newcomers to understand their choice.

damned, write something about Sweeden in the forum and you get hammered...

• Like 2

The new nations have no historical home ports. So if the current nations want to, they could push the three new nations back into the sea.

I like that the new nations have to fight for their land... No more stupid safezonea... War everywhere!!!

I think I put my pirate flag in a coloured wash... It's changed colour from black... Very upset I am, fire will solve this problem.... I'll burn it black...

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

We are also very excited about the patch and even about tow (it will definitely increase the ability to jump to action if you know where it is happening). We reduced the tow permits per day from 3 to 1 though - lets start testing the tow effects with 1 tow permit 

The only thing we are unsure about is spawning new nations in one shallow water freetown (we mean new players). We want them to start fighting each other right from the start in shallow water ships, but there is a risk of them allying with each other. 

Seems more balance - one tow. Im not big fan of towing at all because taking off elemets of strategic suprise attacks but for sake of action there is second bottom. Fight from start around spawn shallow port may hurt those completly new in game...but they will have chance leave area in basic cutters and sail to own nation ports (if any)

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

What players should be able to know before choosing nation:

1. How does the nation look on the map. How many ports it has and would be great if player could choose national port or maybe even free port in which he wants to start.

2. Details about the nation. Description in form of EASY/MEDIUM/HARD level is totally useless or only addition to the serious description explaining mechanics of the nation:

Spain/GB/France/US - Big reinforcements zones with 2 permanent regions - good nations for the new players.

Sweden/Denmark/Dutch - Small/Medium size reinforcements zones, only one permanent region, good for more experienced players as well as for beginners looking for challenge.

Pirates - Hardcore nation with one small permanent region. Pirates can attack each other, thus making it a more difficult gameplay for experienced players mostly.

Prussia/Russia/Commonwealth - Difficult nations to begin, without any permanent ports or reinforcement areas. Captains choosing these nations begin in free ports or ports already conquered by these nations.

3. Players should be able to have a look on the map, see the permanent ports and size of reinforcement area, be able to choose a port on the map where they wanna start. Maybe there should be also an indicator about nations' size (how many players play certain nation weekly).

This^^^

@admin something like this should go on the character selection screen right away. Please. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

Do we really need two more dead nations?

I (French) sailed across the map into the Bahamas twice in the last week and the only player I saw the whole time was Spanish.  Who you call'n "dead"?

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I (French) sailed across the map into the Bahamas twice in the last week and the only player I saw the whole time was Spanish.  Who you call'n "dead"?

Isn't a French and Spanish seeing other in the open world a herald of the birth of dragons?

What I dislike from British captains is this holy attitude...

I know being a British captain means you only remember history that supports your narrow minded views.

Iv played alongside the British, iv camped outside of kpr. I took part in the many defences of that short period of British dominance on pvp1 when toxic was around. I know it's hard remembering what Conflict feels like gb when you repeatly allie with the biggest nations on the server!!!!

But change is coming... I welcome it! I look forward to the new Dawn of nations on NA...

Feel free to insult me... I know you'll never fight in game... great Britain the pve nation... Enjoy fighting AI guys... All the best...

• Like 1

On 12-10-2017 at 12:31 PM, admin said:

Russia is not the biggest player base. The largest buyer of the game is USA, second largest is Germany. 

oke , interesting but,

why is this important .. if you talk about buying the game ,its  about player density it seems,( and prime time i guess)

but i believe that the player base from Europe is bigger than the USA (continents)[if not , i am surprised, and wonder why i don't see them so much]

of the records, it is always possible to introduce multiple time zones for contents on one map to do battle in different prime time nations

if France puts a port between 2 USA ports i find it not strange that the prime time for the USA, is not the same as the French 

so why not give those 3 ports also 2 different port timers  

if it flips ,it flips, and you can take it back any day...... lets call it  border time zones 

i myself dont find it a problem to have multiple times zones on a map 

its always a surprise to wake up and hear that new york jan/kees won the world baseball series (yesterday)

some people do battle every day, some people do battle every weekend 

time should be irrelevant 

the weekend sailors do not  find it strange there was a battle somewhere and lost 5 ports to other nations, even if the where night flipped

OT

the more possibilities, the more interesting the game will be 

but we always have to watch for some kind of cheat or flaw in the game what is a set back for other players, other than the user of that mechanic 

the more nations on the map, the better,.. every nation who sailed in that time period should be there ,...even if it is one ship and 50 people on the island

Edited by Thonys

Why don't you just go back to port owners selecting a time window? There are no flags anymore and are limits on amount of PBs so I don't think it can get exploited like with the flags. Let's say a port gains full hostility at 2AM but the timer is set for 8-10 PM.  Then the port battle will be 8 PM the next day, or however long the wait is.