Game-Labs Forum

Several nations send colonial fleets to West Indies.

45 minutes ago, Custard said:

I know some of the ppl I play with will like the return of towing, I couldn't disagree more it's an unnecessary crutch.

Don't want to organise support to get your first rates somewhere just risk free cutter journey and press a button sorry I think this is total bullshit.

Apologies for emotion I like the other changes.

they will still have to sail to the port 
+ more people in port battles is always a good thing

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, George Washington said:

This is designed for after release strategy and has nothing to do with numbers we have today. All these additions they are just foundation for the future structures. 

How i see it can go nicely:

-Fix problems

-Add more content

-Polish before game release

-Advertise + send out invitation mails to all current members with Gift Packages (code). Start invite friend program and add free 2 day trial. 

-Release + Pay game bloggers to bring light back on the product.

-Monthly content packages and events + premium shop + Captain Club

-Connect NA Legends content to Open World NA to make sure player numbers transition to play in both games. This will make sure population is steady and growing. 

-Expand and improve. 

16 minutes ago, admin said:

And again in the one hand towing is a slight plus for one group of players that already get extrem care by a lot of features. In the other hand its a big minus to an other group of players (OW users). By removing time spend on OW they remove content for this group (that already has no real content anymore). For the RvR group it can be good or bad. They are adding new players to their roster by allowing easier access to pb but it wasnt fun to fight the pb fleets who just logged in in front of the port or for those who remember the abuse/feature of the old towing. There will be no sense for a clan to defend a port the day before the pb while the enemy is towing their ships instead of sailing. People will login press tow leave the game login the next day join the pb, fight the pb, logout. Thats NAL content add portbattles and pve missions to the NAL map roster/game that will please the ones with babies, wives, and general lack of a lot of free time etc.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, admin said:

I would strongly advise you to ignore any tow topic that you will see here in this post. Bringing back easier travel will only improve pvp, ships will be sinking and econ will pick up as well. Safe zone reduction is also a good move , but might require fine tune. 

21 minutes ago, z4ys said:

And again in the one hand towing is a slight plus for one group of players that already get extrem care by a lot of features. In the other hand its a big minus to an other group of players (OW users). By removing time spend on OW they remove content for this group (that already has no real content anymore). For the RvR group it can be good or bad. They are adding new players to their roster by allowing easier access to pb but it wasnt fun to fight the pb fleets who just logged in in front of the port or for those who remember the abuse/feature of the old towing. There will be no sense for a clan to defend a port the day before the pb while the enemy is towing their ships instead of sailing. People will login press tow leave the game login the next day join the pb, fight the pb, logout. Thats NAL content add portbattles and pve missions to the map roster/game that will please the ones with babies, wives, and general lack of a lot of free time etc.

It's better than nothing. In addition few tweaks can make it work. For example pay Marks to tow. Now all Devs have to do is reduce mark drop from safe zone missions and boost distant reward missions. 

Devs could do this:

Make regular mission Mark Reward Smaller, but add 'Seek and Destroy' Missions that require little more time to sail around Caribbean. It's similar to Bottles, open it spawn a mission, sail there kill NPC and get x3 more Marks. The only difference is distance. Distance dictates reward. How can I make it easier?

ex. Pirates when opening 'Seek and Destroy' missions would get them spawned around Port Royal. Now imagine 15 players doing these and all must have Action around Port Royal area. We have PvP targets. Now apply same to other nations and see what happens. 

Sailing creates OW pvp targets. Now we don't need to care about some stupid fleet towing while we have many targets to hunt.  

Now same strategy can be applied to everything in this game.

Less risk/distance = less reward, more risk/distance = more reward.

Edited by George Washington

4 hours ago, admin said:

Towing is fine for the adult men like you and me. Honestly lets focus on fighting and fun.

I will miss these sailing-trips (group-transfers for RvR). These adult men had quite a blast spamming TS with funny stuff, listening to good music or asking for ice cream/toilet break/ETA every 5 min. ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, George Washington said:

I would strongly advise you to ignore any tow topic that you will see here in this post. Bringing back easier travel will only improve pvp, ships will be sinking and econ will pick up as well. Safe zone reduction is also a good move , but might require fine tune. 

8 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Sailing creates OW pvp targets. Now we don't need to care about some stupid fleet towing while we have many targets to hunt. 

huh?
Sailing creates OW PVP targets, so lets reduce the number of players on OW?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, George Washington said:

It's better than nothing. In addition few tweaks can make it work. For example pay Marks to travel. Now all Devs have to do is connect marks to OS sailing point A to point B. Get it? 

As you may have read they wont alter it. Its an old feature they had the time do do so. The people who are benefited by that are already playing the game. It will not bring any new big numbers back or make the game way more intresting to them. Instead it will make the game unplayable for an other group of players so the last remaining ones will quit .Instead of more it will be less player in the end.

I will repeat my other Post.

PLS Make absolutely Sure. That new Players Get Really Extensive Extra Warning that these Nations are Hardcore. And that while other Nations got Safezones. They dont.

Otherwise we might Run into some really Bad Problems with new Players just Rolling into their Favorite Nation and ending up Frustrated cause they just get Killed straight away...

I dont mind the Teleporting of Ships to other Outposts.

I am not really Supporting it either tough.

I just hope that the New Nations do get enough People to actually Start off.

Oh @admin

So are ALL New Nations going to Arrive around Shroud Cay ???

Because thats a Shallow Water Port. And there is Pretty much only Shallow Water Free Ports there.

Which is Problematic cause it means we cant get Bigger Ships over there to Change Nations with Forged Papers. As there is no Neutral Deep Water Ports Nearby.

Edited by Sunleader
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

You clearly are new around here. We've been there and done that. Without open world ship movement (combined with the fact that it's senseless to trade now since money and marks can be earned much faster by PvE'ing) then the game devolves into the world's worst matchmaking engine.  We've seen this before and it was a contributing to factor to the last major die-off in player populations.

There must be reasons to keep not just trade ships but war ships on the open world, outside safe zones, other than running up hostility and fighting port battles. Otherwise we might as well be playing Legends.

You already playing Legends, so I don't really know why you are crying over stupid tow mechanics. Just decide what is yours. Lobby or Open World. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:

You already playing Legends, so I don't really know why you are crying over stupid tow mechanics. Just decide what is yours. Lobby or Open World. 

Because it basically makes one game the same with the other in the longterm? Just sayin

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

This is a dialogue here, and just so you know, I've fired up Legends twice to check on its status, that's it.  I don't know why you're so sensitive over this since it's clearly not your idea. We tried it, they removed it, and now it's coming back. Those of us that have been around since Early Access and OW were implemented have experienced it already. Perhaps you should take a step back and consider what it is we experienced and why we might ask for certain tweaks to it in order to create a more dynamic Open World experience.

There is no addition without certain tweaks and since you are an early access player you must know this. So, all this #towcry will simply have no effect whatsoever. Reading what Admin already wrote earlier, it simply says I will just ignore Tow cry babies and focus on Action and Fun suggestions and topics. 

I dislike the idea of bringing back tow to port, if they want to make more ships available to people in areas they are required in then remove the restriction on number of ships slots in a port and let people store enough ships at their outposts to cover what they will need. 

The tow to port feature to me seems a method of covering the fact that we have very low populations by allowing people to easily get round the map to get to the action areas, and this is fine when the population is low, but what if they achieve the goal and have full servers with a good split of players between the nations, are you really going to want everyone to be able to turn up in one region to contest an important port battle?

People mention making the cost of towing the ship equivalent to what you could make in the time you spent sailing, but this just ends up as the same waste of time because people will then complain that they are forced to PvE to be able to tow their ships.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I dislike the idea of bringing back tow to port, if they want to make more ships available to people in areas they are required in then remove the restriction on number of ships slots in a port and let people store enough ships at their outposts to cover what they will need. 

The tow to port feature to me seems a method of covering the fact that we have very low populations by allowing people to easily get round the map to get to the action areas, and this is fine when the population is low, but what if they achieve the goal and have full servers with a good split of players between the nations, are you really going to want everyone to be able to turn up in one region to contest an important port battle?

People mention making the cost of towing the ship equivalent to what you could make in the time you spent sailing, but this just ends up as the same waste of time because people will then complain that they are forced to PvE to be able to tow their ships.

Even if population was at 2000 I would not sail for 2 hours to the nearest known pvp location. Many people simply don't have that time. All this results in 0 pvp for you while you still cry for larger reduction. 

Tow to port will be tweaked as game moves on trust me. 

This is what you remind me of. Whistle is Admin telling us that Tow is back. Turkeys are all the Vets who don't even know any details already making the noise. 

Just now, Teutonic said:

After discussions with others

I would highly suggest that towing ships costs Combat marks, not money

Example bring that moving a 5th rate could be 25combat marks, whereas moving a 1st rate costs 100-150 combat marks.

This^

Just now, Louis Garneray said:

No.... It will only force people to do more PVE to get enough CM... No please.

It wont force anyone, they can still sail places like we do now.

They can choose to do PVE and get CM to tow a ship, or not to do PVE and sail instead.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Even if population was at 2000 I would not sail for 2 hours to the nearest known pvp location. Many people simply don't have that time. All this results in 0 pvp for you while you still cry for larger reduction. 

Tow to port will be tweaked as game moves on trust me. 

This is what you remind me of. Whistle is Admin telling us that Tow is back. Turkeys are all the Vets who don't even know any details already making the noise. 

The more I read your posts the more I realize you have not played this game for long and do not know how things have evolved to where they are now. You respond very aggressively when anyone disagrees with your point of view.

You say tow to port will be tweaked as the game moves on yet you forget the number of iterations we have already had regarding teleporting ships and tow to port, the last time which is similar to what is returning now it was removed by the Devs because they thought it was not a good feature and they wanted to enhance people operating in different spheres of influence on the map rather than being able to hop all round the map at short notice.

You ignore valid arguments put forward from people who have experienced how this feature will reduce people in OW and just give a bland response that it will be tweaked. What if that tweak is to remove it again, will you come back and admit you were wrong?

One day you will be one of those vets who have played the game long enough and have seen features added and removed and added again and maybe then you will put forward an argument why certain features should not be brought back. Some features that were removed are worth revisiting as other things that affected them have changed but I do not think tow to port is one of them.

No one is forcing you to sail 2 hours to a PvP location, what people want is enough players in the OW that you would not have to sail 2 hours to find PvP and I am afraid tow to port will reduce the numbers of players in OW unless you like attacking players sailing in cutters. You want to open a new port anywhere you just head out in a cutter in the general direction, if you get sunk you appear in a friendly or neutral port closer to your destination and pick up another cutter and head off again till you get to your destination sailing mostly afk where you setup a new outpost and them tow your big ships there. Thus less targets in the OW and less PvP. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Demsity said:

It wont force anyone, they can still sail places like we do now.

They can choose to do PVE and get CM to tow a ship, or not to do PVE and sail instead.

This is true.  Personally I would choose to sail, but for those that prefer not to sail they have the option.  BTW farming CM for books, skills, etc, is also a personal choice.