Game-Labs Forum

Several nations send colonial fleets to West Indies.

Just now, Lonar said:

So it is Prussia, Poland/Lithuania and Russia?

I have one big question about this. Why not Portugal i mean they are the most logic one because they actually had holdings in the "New World"?

Portugal doesn't have the second largest playerbase... Before long this game will be translated into Russian..

21 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Portugal doesn't have the second largest playerbase... Before long this game will be translated into Russian..

True, but from a point and on, stuff that make it into the game, shouldn't be about who has the biggest playerbase.

For example Russia has a few ships into the game, the Germans got the Wapen and now Prussia which is fair but it shouldn't be about always satisfying them.

Edited by Sella22
  • Like 1

Since historical accuracy is out and it’s all about pleasing the player base, you guys should add Australia as a nation since we have so many players from there. I mean if Russia or the commonwealth ( Poland-Lithuania) are in, why stop there? We have a Chinese clan in Global so add China as well.

I’m Portuguese by the way and i’m Pissed!! Lol

• Like 1

Since this is a thread people are paying attention to, I have a suggestion.

Get rid of nations altogether and just have clans and the ability to create their own flag. Maybe a nice random map about a 1/3 the size of the current one to match its player base.

I think these would be nice changes to the game

The game has always panda'd to the biggest playerbase/nation.

Brits complain about kpr ganking... Devs install forts every ten feet on Jamaica.

Brits complain about kpr ganking again... Devs introduced the stupid greenzones.

Sweed/French/Spain/Danes complain about night flips... Devs make eu and global servers...

The Russian players just get on with it and get rewarded. I don't see any problems with this... Iv not seen the Russians threatened boycott etc!!

13 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Some other limits this should not work in any neutral ports or ports open to other nations.  You should only be able to move ships from your nations captured ports to another.  Hell I would love it if it was limited to only clan owned ports.   The ship has to have no cargo in it.  This prevents Trade ships from moving cargo. You can keep the cannons on it, just no cargo allowed.  Maybe allowed repairs but nothing else.  Hell most folks just ship cannons to a port and open a WASA in those ports.

What you have said is of course a worry. But we lived with ship transfer for quite a while last year and based from what people say there were a lot of pvp anyway. Ship transfer will indeed remove some ships from the map, during travel. But people send the ships for a reason (to check pvp in that area or to go to port battle). Saving time for travel will increase time to combat. 

The balance we think will be achieved by the fact that this saved hours will result in more combat, so lets see. 

ps - ships can't be sent with cargo. and can only be transferred from outpost to outpost of your nation or to free town. (Clan set neutral towns don't participate in this tow system)

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, monk33y said:

The Russian players just get on with it and get rewarded. I don't see any problems with this... Iv not seen the Russians threatened boycott etc!!

Russia is not the biggest player base. The largest buyer of the game is USA, second largest is Germany. 

• Like 3

There is a difference in satisfying in-game nations that represent a larger chunk of the playerbase rather than consumer groups from certain nations

These changes benefited or not, larger chunks of the playerbase of multiple nationalities to impove the game in general and not only to satisfy certain nationalities.

Just my humble opinion

Edited by Sella22

13 minutes ago, admin said:

What you have said is of course a worry. But we lived with ship transfer for quite a while last year and based from what people say there were a lot of pvp anyway. Ship transfer will indeed remove some ships from the map, during travel. But people send the ships for a reason (to check pvp in that area or to go to port battle). Saving time for travel will increase time to combat. 

The balance we think will be achieved by the fact that this saved hours will result in more combat, so lets see. 

ps - ships can't be sent with cargo. and can only be transferred from outpost to outpost of your nation or to free town. (Clan set neutral towns don't participate in this tow system)

Thanks for explaining the mechanic.

But in my opinion it will lead to:

login - tow ship - logout - play other game while waiting

Next day:

Login - do pb -logout

Because RvR is the only gamecontent beside pve at the moment.

How does it slove anything for the OW player who already has no content. OW is already so plain.  With that in mind way should people go out and hunt even they have now more spare time? If i may remind. Yes we had more pvp but it was just freetown ganking with most of the people sitting in port chatting and waiting.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Thanks for explaining the mechanic.

But in my opinion it will lead to:

login - tow ship - logout - play other game while waiting

Next day:

Login - do pb -logout

Because RvR is the only gamecontent beside pve at the moment.

How does it slove anything for the OW player who already has no content. OW is already so plain.  With that in mind way should people go out and hunt even they have now more spare time? If i may remind. Yes we had more pvp but it was just freetown ganking with most of the people sitting in port chatting and waiting.

3 tow permits per day - tow is instant.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, admin said:

But why? Why should it be instant?

It makes no god damn sense...

I love how people who got mad that there are sailing in a age of sail game (I mean wtf?!) have now somehow convinced the devs to implement instant Caribbean wormholes...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, admin said:

Ok I was going to say you killed 50% of the OW PvP with this cause we have most of it when folks are trying to get or leave a port for a port battle.   Now you say it's instant.   Screw that crap.   Now your going to see big nations just gank the crap out of any small fleets cause they can instantly send there fleet to the hot spots.  

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

There is a difference in satisfying in-game nations that represent a larger chunk of the playerbase rather than consumer groups from certain nations

These changes benefited or not, larger chunks of the playerbase of multiple nationalities to impove the game in general and not only to satisfy certain nationalities.

Just my humble opinion

That's why I hope the dev don't listen to stupidity of we need to pay for towing are ships with CM .for clan they pool there mark but us single player witch we are many get screwed .like I said free is grate 

Just now, Bart Smith said:

Well i was thought that tow is temporary for few weeks until new nations settle down on map.

Doesnt look like that it is just for a few weeks. At least there is no word about that.

9 minutes ago, Wraith said:

You just eliminated any reason for limited dock space and ship choice management, in addition to removing huge amounts of strategic content from the game. It deserves to be asked, what are you thinking?

I still wonder why we have to choose perks. The game lost so much depth in the last patch and now it looks like its losing even more. The 3 new nation are just a drop on a hot stone.

May I suggest a new target group :P :

MonkeyGames.gif

1 hour ago, admin said:

Russia is not the biggest player base. The largest buyer of the game is USA, second largest is Germany. 

And who is the biggest? I'm going to take a bet it's prob not the US?   So why are you having such retention lost on the largest buyer group of the game. I can prob come up with a few good guess as to why.

8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And who is the biggest? I'm going to take a bet it's prob not the US?   So why are you having such retention lost on the largest buyer group of the game. I can prob come up with a few good guess as to why.

Here is the answer. But there is a major flaw. Somewhere in an other topic admin mentioned that US are the biggest buyer but they stop playing more often and earlier.

1 hour ago, admin said:

6 minutes ago, amplify said:

U.S is biggest player base wait whut?

From a perspective of sold game copies yes.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, monk33y said:

The game has always panda'd to the biggest playerbase/nation.

Brits complain about kpr ganking... Devs install forts every ten feet on Jamaica.

Brits complain about kpr ganking again... Devs introduced the stupid greenzones.

Sweed/French/Spain/Danes complain about night flips... Devs make eu and global servers...

monk33y complains about players..

monk33y complains even more about player..

Wonder what the devs will introduce to make monk33y stop complaining??

16 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Here is the answer. But there is a major flaw. Somewhere in an other topic admin mentioned that US are the biggest buyer but they stop playing more often and earlier.

That doesn't answer who is the biggest player, yes they bought the most games, but they aren't the top players keeped.  Than you got to ask why do they stop playing and leave?

48 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Doesnt look like that it is just for a few weeks. At least there is no word about that.

I still wonder why we have to choose perks. The game lost so much depth in the last patch and now it looks like its losing even more. The 3 new nation are just a drop on a hot stone.

There is no depth in strategic time wasting. In addition to that - game had 5 towed ship allowed + resource transport for like a year, and most people did not complain

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That doesn't answer who is the biggest player, yes they bought the most games, but they aren't the top players keeped.  Than you got to ask why do they stop playing and leave?

Perhaps global timers are actually bad for the game and hard limits keep players better?
+ US buyers join US server and see no enemies as everyone joins US there. 

• Like 5