Game-Labs Forum

Several nations send colonial fleets to West Indies.

9 minutes ago, admin said:

There is no depth in strategic time wasting. In addition to that - game had 5 towed ship allowed + resource transport for like a year, and most people did not complain

Wouldnt be that result: Cancel NA focus on NAL? Because OW is a waste of time? Or Reduce NA to a lobby based pb simulator?

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

Wouldnt be that result: Cancel NA focus on NAL? Because OW is a waste of time? Or Reduce NA to a lobby based pb simulator?

you seem to ignore the facts
ratings and online was higher with tow and better rewards (current rewards are still 50% below of what they were last year).

• Like 2

insta tow would bother me if privateering was actually still viable in this game, but as I sailed from one end of the Antilles to the other and never saw another player (let alone spending most of the time in one reinforcement zone or another where i couldn't attack a player even if i saw them) its the least of my worries atm

Edited by CatSwift
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I enjoy sailing in ow  the insta battle of NAL doesnt appeal .. chasing ships in ow avoiding bigger fleets chasing you ....getting a good tag etc is fun ..what isnt fun is the 2-3 hour ow sail to get to where the action is ... i dont think teleporting at will because an enemy fleet has been sighted at the other side of the map is a good idea ,,, but strategic towing over a maint period is a good idea and will encourage those that dont have 5-6 hours a day to play  to go looking for pvp and more important have fun .. i spent most of last saturday sailing from kpr to appolachia ( however it is spelt )  with a clan mate it took nearly 3 hours  .and saw 1 enemy player  throughout the whole trip  he had a faster ship and we couldnt catch him it was a chance encounter but otherwise the sail  was boring and not fun ... the tow to port would have let me do something else within NA over those 3 hours that was fun ,,,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monk33y said:

The game has always panda'd to the biggest playerbase/nation.

Brits complain about kpr ganking... Devs install forts every ten feet on Jamaica.

Brits complain about kpr ganking again... Devs introduced the stupid greenzones.

Sweed/French/Spain/Danes complain about night flips... Devs make eu and global servers...

The Russian players just get on with it and get rewarded. I don't see any problems with this... Iv not seen the Russians threatened boycott etc!!

im not normally into spelling police because my own spelling is  poor   ... but pandering or to pander has nothing to do with the black and white furry animals :P

id like to know how you know that the  brits complaining about ganking and the swede/ french/ spain/ dane  complaints were not russian players playing in those nations

are you just laying the groundwork for when you join the russian navy next week ??

5 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

i spent most of last saturday sailing from kpr to appolachia ( however it is spelt )  with a clan mate it took nearly 3 hours  .and saw 1 enemy player  throughout the whole trip  he had a faster ship and we couldnt catch him it was a chance encounter but otherwise the sail  was boring and not fun ... the tow to port would have let me do something else within NA over those 3 hours that was fun ,,,

I've been sailing all over the map recently, and just watch youtubes and check forums which I'd be doing anyway.  Mebbe when we hit a big open stretch of water the game can kick into Legends mode lobby and after the battle we pop back into OW 200k later.  :D 

20 minutes ago, admin said:

ratings and online was higher with tow and better rewards (current rewards are still 50% below of what they were last year).

Send-to-outpost-unofficial towing or actual towing mechanic?

I fail to see the supposed review and playercount spike that you seem to be referring to when towing was implemented in Nov 2016.

And in that regard, if we ought to guide ourselves by past reviews and playercounts, why wouldn't we just fully revert to the spring 2016 build then?

47 minutes ago, admin said:

Most people were euphoric at this stage. Game got recently into EA it had a lot of potential but with time comes disenchantment. Don't get me wrong I still want to believe. 

It's not possible to link ratings strict to game feature like the game was a different compared to now. 

The Steam game description looks a bit outdated. Maybe game labs should redefine what they want NA to become to which target groups it should appeal. Maybe we both by talk together and wasting each others time. 

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

I guess it's part of another discussion but I do remember that all the players were asking for a fix to the day/night flip. And the only solution that was implemented was: hard limit on EU server for EU players and the rest of the community was left with the original problem on global server. ;)

After the wipe we where also locked out of port battles from almost 3 months in US prime time on GLOBAL server so that prob had a big deal to do with it too.  Why did it take them 4 months to fix the prot battle timers lock out on a server that shouldn't have had them any way expect around maintenance time?   Though if it was on the EU server you bet they would jump right to it.

34 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Send-to-outpost-unofficial towing or actual towing mechanic?

I fail to see the supposed review and playercount spike that you seem to be referring to when towing was implemented in Nov 2016.

And in that regard, if we ought to guide ourselves by past reviews and playercounts, why wouldn't we just fully revert to the spring 2016 build then?

In indeed did. My mistake (tow was in game not for the full year but for 6 months).  But yet the ratings were in the positive territory until 24th may until the "Everyone to sea", "No Pray No Pay" and No money patch. 

• Like 3

I think all in all, if the towing keeps me from doing stuff I don't like doing like AFK sailing, thats a better experience all round. 

It'll take as much PvP as it will give imho.

I've never heard anybody complain about the towing. It makes the map feel "smaller", so you're always closer to PvP.

• Like 1

Insta tow sounds cool, dunno why so many guys are happy to waste hours afk sailing in dead open world areas.

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

How does it slove anything for the OW player who already has no content. OW is already so plain.  With that in mind way should people go out and hunt even they have now more spare time? If i may remind. Yes we had more pvp but it was just freetown ganking with most of the people sitting in port chatting and waiting.

Its true, OW PvP sucks atm. But I think new nations without safezones will be at least offer hotspots where you can go to find enemies.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go

1 hour ago, admin said:

Perhaps global timers are actually bad for the game and hard limits keep players better?
+ US buyers join US server and see no enemies as everyone joins US there. 

Have you considered trying that port owners can set their defence timers to their own prime time on the Global server, because as it stands at the moment a huge portion of the player base are restricted from RvR content if they play on the EU server and if they play on the Global server they still face the night/day flip issues which is why global timers are bad. Let everyone be able to defend in their own prime time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Spud said:

I think all in all, if the towing keeps me from doing stuff I don't like doing like AFK sailing, thats a better experience all round. 

It'll take as much PvP as it will give imho.

I've never heard anybody complain about the towing. It makes the map feel "smaller", so you're always closer to PvP.

Pretty much this. @admin Towing should probably take some time tho... i don't feel like instant is a good idea.

5 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Pretty much this. @admin Towing should probably take some time tho... i don't feel like instant is a good idea.

Well, my opinion is that with the current conquest stuff its not that bad to have it done instantly.

We are having a ton of PB's each day, and you basicaly need to log in to know what is going down the day after. So you can sorta "organise" your ships and stuff optimaly the day before, and you know when to log in cause you need to sail from A to B which will take you this many minutes, etc. Now if you haven't logged in the day before, and you don't know whats going down, you can log in only to find your clan is doing something on the other side of the map so to speak, and you can't join in cause you don't have a ship there. Now when you log in you get on TS, they'll say, hey we're at Port X about to do a PB, get up here and help us out. You TP a ship up and you're right in the action.

Lets just try it, there will be instances where it'll be very frustrating, but I think you'll have just as much moments where its a great comfort.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Landsman said:

i feel the same ... but on consideration my doubts about instant towing are selfish .... i want to be able to travel around the map but without the 2-3 hour ow chore of doing so .... so towing is great

but then once ive been  towed to an area and caught my victim .. i dont like the idea of his mates been able to  instant tow to the nearest port and set up a revenge fleet

in short i want the advantage it gives me .... but dont want the same for enemy :blink:

either way im sure it will lead to more pvp and fun ...

• Like 1

Just now, Jon Snow lets go said:

You have your own server, what is your problem?

Ok.. I will bite...

Here is what went wrong with GLOBAL launch.

- It was placed second in the server listing with NO description on the server type.

- No true server wipe.

-No advertising of the launch of the server or RE-launch

- No XP transfer between servers.

These are just a few things I noted, there is more.   But the 4 biggest reasons for the failure of the Global server is because of the lack of real support from GAMELABS themselves.  They treat that server as if it is a bastard child of a server.   Most of the players who changed from EU to Global because of the "hope" of a better play time schedule, was shit on by the fact that most of the XP didnt transfer, and that clans had to be recreated, or just couldnt be created at all.   So they either went back to EU and played outside of the RVR, or just quit.   Case and point TF and VCO both had more than 40 people online during their peak on EU server.   Then when the Global launch happened, half of the players didnt know what happened.  Because of NO information put out anywhere BUT here.    The other half found that they didnt have XP on the GLOBAL server, again because of lack of information being put out.   Others didnt know the difference because GLOBAL was placed second in the ques for servers.  

Nah, its just excuses.

Split was announced for MONTHS and you saw it everytime ingame when you logged in.

Also why should a new player not from EU choose "PVP-EU" server?

No XP transfer between servers is probably good for global, because a lot of people would just leave that dead place.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

You have your own server, what is your problem?

facts are if the old pvp 1 had been the global server as they said it would ... instead of been made the eu server ... global server would be the most popular now

I wanted to play global but most of clan couldnt be bothered  so it was just easier to stay than move ....

• Like 1

Just now, Grundgemunkey said:

facts are if the old pvp 1 had been the global server as they said it would ... instead of been made the eu server ... global server would be the most popular now

I wanted to play global but most of clan couldnt be bothered  so it was just easier to stay than move ....

Why? You literally just had to login into global instead of EU and redeem your xp

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Why? You literally just had to login into global instead of EU and redeem your xp

you will have to ask them ... I dont know ...

i spent first day grinding missions in cutter to get the 100k to set up clan in global .. and no one bothered to play there :) ...

im prety sure if pvp 1 had been the global server ..they would have stayed there too ... a few gave higher ping as a reason ..but it had nothing to do with port battle times

Edited by Grundgemunkey
  • Like 2