Game-Labs Forum

Several nations send colonial fleets to West Indies.

6 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

So will you issue moving papers to move are ship yards and work shops if we have to or if we would like change nations 

No you have to scrap structures and move ships + goods to free ports. Once in free port use transfer paper. Once switched settle in desired port and rebuild everything. 

Transfer could cost millions to some shipbuilders. 

Edited by George Washington

Leaving the Idea of Towing Ships in General aside.

I think for the Next few Weeks. Towing Ships should definitely be for Free.

Reason Simply being that it will be a Pain in the But for Players to change Nations otherwise.

I am not really in for Sailing all my Ships right through Enemy Territory to get em all to the New Nation.

Later for a Permanent Solution on Towing Ships I am really fine with almost anything.

I dont mind if its Free, Costs something or is removed again.

Edited by Sunleader

1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

Leaving the Idea of Towing Ships in General aside.

I think for the Next few Weeks. Towing Ships should definitely be for Free.

Reason Simply being that it will be a Pain in the But for Players to change Nations otherwise.

I am not really in for Sailing all my Ships right through Enemy Territory to get em all to the New Nation.

Later for a Permanent Solution on Towing Ships I am really fine with almost anything.

I dont mind if its Free, Costs something or is removed again.

You know they finaly give us something for free and every one won't to run out and complain we should pay for it . I say if you feel that giulty then you can destroy the apropret amount of CM or gold you think to clear your conches and leave the rest of us to enjoy free.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

So let me get this straight...

3 new empty dead nations are being added, to spread an already thin, laughably thin population even thinner.... this is to increase activity how?  

Maybe I am missing something.

While I think clan vs clan and allowing a clan to restrict port access to only its clan (and friends) would have been a better way to go, the new nations will give more options than our current setup.

Players or clans with a grudge (or just different goals) will have an option besides joining a former enemy.

A Prussian ship is still a target for hunters, even more so as they won't have protected waters.

We're already heading (at least on global) to a situation where port battles aren't necessarily 25 v 25 affairs.

I don't know if this new thing will be a positive for server population growth but see no reason why it would reduce server pop. Your enemies may just be flying different flags.

17 minutes ago, Hodo said:

So let me get this straight...

3 new empty dead nations are being added, to spread an already thin, laughably thin population even thinner.... this is to increase activity how?  

Maybe I am missing something.

Well if they add more NEW!!!!! Content ..like ships and  things to attack and thing to find in the open sea large trade convoys to attack and that will bring new people and advertise this game I found it by looking for something else 

Edited by Captain corn blower
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

Well if they add more NEW!!!!! Content ..like ships and  things to attack and thing to find in the open sea large trade convoys to attack and that will bring new people and advertise this game I found it by looking for something else 

Just read latest negative reviews on Steam. No tutorial, boring and nothing to do. So, we do need content asap. Simply adding ships won't do it. 

Edited by George Washington

Also look at the loot from sinking war ships and traders . Rigg repairs ,15 hull repairs and bottles drops have been cut to.nothing and nothing good in them 1 Malabar teak 1 labor contract 40 iron ingots .really !!!! .   wares the$$! Bonues XPs .treaty to saltpeater. Oldfagofficet . and so on stuff gets you excited!!!!!! Shipwreck locations with big tick perks that could be bottle looted .ship loot like sinking trader or war ship and get a map to old shipwreck that would have big loot finds. And  you can find stuff floating in the ocean like other games .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rickard said:

Agreed!!

1. Port Time Windows

2. BR limit PBs

Then I'm also in. I'm always for the Merge, but lets do it correctly and allow players to protect what they own, in their own timezone. If you want to take it, fight them when they can be on and defend.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Rickard said:

most nations where even so civil to not allow Night flips and not to use so many exploits

In a world where the players are actually decent human beings and not some losers that get their only sense of achievement in life from winning some video game by whatever means necessary...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Teutonic said:

After discussions with others

I would highly suggest that towing ships costs Combat marks, not money

Example bring that moving a 5th rate could be 25combat marks, whereas moving a 1st rate costs 100-150 combat marks.

+100

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Example bring that moving a 5th rate could be 25combat marks, whereas moving a 1st rate costs 100-150 combat marks.

Agree somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000%.

We need -- and I think we'll get the best population growth -- if the game is playable and fun, still with effort required to succeed, but still playable. We don't need it to be easy. It's a search for balance I know. 3 tows per day is A LOT. And 100k is too easy. Make it for combat marks and cost based on ship size.

On second thought, if you made the price in combat marks and based on ship size, 3 tows per day is fine. If a clan or player wanted to spend 300 cm to move 3 first rates that seems right. 

Edited by Farrago
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Example bring that moving a 5th rate could be 25 combat marks, whereas moving a 1st rate costs 100-150 combat marks.

I agree with this it's easy to make combat marks.  That means you just have to go out and do a few fights and you have them, but money shouldn't be the main currency for things like this.  You need combat marks to reset your perks, than why not to move a ship.

We have 7 class of ships so maybe 7 tiers of cost.   

7th Rates:   25 CM  or      20 CM    cheapest 10 CM

6th Rates:  50 CM            40 CM                       20 CM

5th Rates:  75 CM           60 CM                        30 CM

4th Rates: 100 CM         80 CM                        40 CM

3rd Rates: 125 CM        100 CM                      50 CM

2nd Rates:  150 CM     120 CM                      60 CM

1st Rates: 175 CM       140 CM                      70 CM

I'm more liking the middle option making them 20 CM per tier of ship.

I would still limit it to one ship per day though.  I'll give a prime example of why.

I have 5 Victories (and one captured l'Ocean) on my main Pirates, I have 3 L'Oceans (and one captured) on my Second Pirate.  These ships are spread out in the fields we are fighting and defending in.  I only have the 12 ships slots open on each of those chars right now so the rest of my ships are 6-4th rates. If I have tow to port I wouldn't need to keep all these ships spread out all over the place. I can just see a port flip send a basic cutter over to that port and tow it and it will get the ship there ready for the prot battle the next day.   No one will catch me trying to get my ship to port in the OW (one of those captured ships I have was captured after a port battle....not during it).   That is a lot of our big ship OW PvP is folks moving ships to a port battle for deference or attack or retreating.  By taking that out you are killing more and more OW PvP.  While I can see this helps the causal guy that moves a ship here are there and only has a few, but most those causal's aren't big on PvP/RvR either.  That is why I said make it cost Combat Marks and limit it to one ship per day. If you have multi ships you do it it the old fashion way move them in OW.

Some other limits this should not work in any neutral ports or ports open to other nations.  You should only be able to move ships from your nations captured ports to another.  Hell I would love it if it was limited to only clan owned ports.   The ship has to have no cargo in it.  This prevents Trade ships from moving cargo. You can keep the cannons on it, just no cargo allowed.  Maybe allowed repairs but nothing else.  Hell most folks just ship cannons to a port and open a WASA in those ports.

• Like 6

@admin @Ink I got to thinking about this and is willing to change one of my chars over to test this.  It would be my none pirate char since he's not doing much.  Though I would only want to do this if I can change his name.  Is there any way that ya'll can look at giving a one time name change without loosing xp and all that  along with the forge papers.  Cause you know I would like to pick a name more related to his new nation instead of what he has.   Ya'll really should look into name changed papers as in the future folks will prob be more than willing to pay for name changes along with the nation change papers when the game goes live.

And what are the three countries. I seen memtion of Prussia and Polish Commonwealth or something but what is the other country?  I would actually had expected Portugal to have been one of the three nations instead of a bunch of EU nations that never even had a naval influence in the area other than maybe some trade ships.

• Like 2

When I asked for better Towing on the Suggestions to offset the durability changes, I did not ask for 4th/1st rates. I wanted the main OW ships up to 5th rates, the raiding ships, to be easier to field. 

One version of that suggestion was for the towing to be in the actual OW - with a bigger ship able to bring extremely undercrewed ships behind it so when you bring your 1st rate out you can also bring a trader and a raider out to the front (even if the towed ships can't fight if you get attacked). 

Sailing 1st rates is a pain in the ass in the OW but I'm not sure if this change is a step forward or back. Remains to be seen. If it improves the # of battles that happen, perhaps it's for the best. 

Edited by Tenet