Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming shipbuilding changes [Heavily Moderated]

Hello Сaptains!

We will abandon the 5 color grades for upgrades and ships. Fine (blue), Mastercraft (purple), Common (green) are not used and thus are useless. Nobody makes them and nobody buys them. 

As a result of testing the final ship quality and shipbuilding system will look like this. 

• Captured - captured (grey) will be assigned to all ships captured (except for ships captured from player fleets) 
  • Сrafted (yellow) - ships built by players
  • Special - events, rewards, tournament vessels, or maybe extremely rare and hard to craft (months of effort required)

Instead of quality (who would try to make a bad ship) players will select things they want they their ship to have sacrificing other elements if they want to improve one of the characteristics

Definitely will be done

• For example if a shipbuilder wants to increase speed it will increase ship cost AND will have to sacrifice the hull quality
  • If they want to have additional slots for upgrades they will have to sacrifice space or increase weight
  • If you take more crew you might need to reduce hold
  • Cannons and ammo and powder supply will affect cargo hold and will reduce ship performance if you overgun it

Under consideration

• If you want to take 200 shots per gun instead of normal supply to battle you might need to sacrifice some space (this will solve cases of light ships unloading 10000 rounds in a battle into a first rate)
  • You can determine the number of repair kits you can take for the vessel and affect the weight.
  • Unstable designs - add to much sails (to increase speed) your ship might capsize in some cases
  • Other experimental ideas like 1 durability ships and other changes

Same treatment will be applied to upgrades. 

Once this system is coded in all old ships and some upgrades will become unusable due to database changes and will have to be removed from the game. 

ETA Dec-Jan

Discuss 

Don't get me wrong, I love this game (i hav too many accounts to count, so u will understand how much i lov this game), not hate it or the devs.

But,patches after patches, u killed more and more player base ,from 3000 players in prime time to now, 600?

and u r not gave us many new things, u just changed the old system (most of it r screw them). Changing old things r not new patch.

Instead of change the PB system ( I mean in the PB ),u gave us a new hostility system, when we joined the PB, its still the same, problem not solved.

It's fine with the hostility system,but ppl who generated it, cant control which ppl or clan can join, so random ppl joined first and screw it up. 

After 4 month developed, this game doesnt make me feel its improved ,just less and less fun and friends and players and good opponent , most of the ppl i know feels the same. 

So, plz dnt make this game even more complex. Sometimes, simple is better, specially this game required more life time to sail or craft or form.

We want we can custom our sail color,maybe clan signature on it, we want we can custom our hull with paint, we want we can product paints ,so pveers can product them and pvpers can sail their fancy ships around.

I dnt even know if im playing naval action or trading action or crafting action????

All this AI fleet/fort/towers/trading/crafting r just killing this game very fast, since the first day 9.96 patch landed, its 1200 players in prime time, and now its 600.how long its been?2 weeks?

Why ppl come up see the new patch, but not willing to stay?

so, lets leave the good old things along,try not to ruin it, in the meantime, if u want to reduce the quantity of gold ships, just make it required life time to progress.

Like 1st rates need 36 hours to completed its building, and while a crafter has a ship in progress, he cant build an other ship,and his LH generation will drop to 2/3 from normal time,

so he can still craft some upgrades or save them for next ship. really simple isn't it?

And reduce duration of the ships, like under 4 rates hav only 3 dura.

I dnt want different guns in same ships, i want my personal style different than others in the same ship.

We already hav mods to change speed, why change it more? If u want to hav more hold, u can create a new upgrade for it, and its "new", why will we need different guns in same ship to break the balance?

Im sure u devs know how many copies u hav sold,and its very very low % players stay, 5 patches earlier it has much more.

plz stop killing this game. I really really like this game.

I'm not overly fond of the "design your own ship" idea.  I like the historical aspects of the game even if they aren't hardcore realistic.

I like that a Constitution is a Constitution and the Victory the Victory.  Earleir this year I saw the real Niagara at a festival in the Great Lakes. That wouldn't have been nearly has good if it hadn't been modeled in the game.

So hopefully you never get to deisgner ships. A few tweaks here and there are ok but lets try to keep some of the historical genre to the game.

On a side note, that wont likely create individualism but actually will create more repetitive sailing designs. Even in WOW and most other PvP games player forums are full of PvP builds for specific arena set up and such.  Designer ships would just likely degrade to "Use this one for PBs, this one for Shallow Pbs and this one for OW PvP" in short order.

• Like 1

• Unstable designs - add to much sails (to increase speed) your ship might capsize in some cases

What cases?

It's hard to do without varying wind strength or some randomized gusts and squalls.

Really bad heel and vertical dispersion of guns could be a substitute.

• Like 2

Not sure how the system will look but one idea is to make it weight based - so when a player is building a ship it will have a starting weight and a max weight.

One example would be a frigate with a starting weight of 500 tons and a maximum weight of 650 tons. The starting ship would be very similar to a regular grey ship we see today. The player would then increase stats in each 'slot' until the max weight is reached - these could be armour, reserved hold/supply space, rigging, armament and upgrade slots etc. This would allow the player to change the ship to be used how they want it. 

ex 1 - Surprise with 4800 side hp (+20%) but with reduced 'weight' put towards the hold + rigging. Meaning the ship would be better at fighting larger frigates in home waters but would not have enough supplies for extended fleet battles/enemy waters, while also having poorer sailing characteristics

ex 2 - Surprise with 3200 side hp (-20%) but with increased 'weight' towards the armament meaning slightly better grade of guns (12 + 6pd instead of 9 + 6pd) 

Obviously this would veer wildly from historical ships and any ships created especially for a task would be more suited (lgv/renommee etc) but it would certainly allow players to create unique ships. Although I'm guessing this would be stupidly hard to keep balanced ^^

Hello Сaptains!

We will abandon the 5 color grades for upgrades and ships. Fine (blue), Mastercraft (purple), Common (green) are not used and thus are useless. Nobody makes them and nobody buys them. 

As a result of testing the final ship quality and shipbuilding system will look like this. 

• Captured - captured (grey) will be assigned to all ships captured (except for ships captured from player fleets) 
  • Сrafted (yellow) - ships built by players
  • Special - events, rewards, tournament vessels, or maybe extremely rare and hard to craft (months of effort required)

Instead of quality (who would try to make a bad ship) players will select things they want they their ship to have sacrificing other elements if they want to improve one of the characteristics

Definitely will be done

• For example if a shipbuilder wants to increase speed it will increase ship cost AND will have to sacrifice the hull quality
  • If they want to have additional slots for upgrades they will have to sacrifice space or increase weight
  • If you take more crew you might need to reduce hold
  • Cannons and ammo and powder supply will affect cargo hold and will reduce ship performance if you overgun it

Under consideration

• If you want to take 200 shots per gun instead of normal supply to battle you might need to sacrifice some space (this will solve cases of light ships unloading 10000 rounds in a battle into a first rate)
  • You can determine the number of repair kits you can take for the vessel and affect the weight.
  • Other experimental ideas like 1 durability ships and other changes

Same treatment will be applied to upgrades. 

Once this system is coded in all old ships and some upgrades will become unusable due to database changes and will have to be removed from the game. 

ETA Dec-Jan

Discuss 

Before I begin laying out my thoughts on the ideas put forth in this thread, I am a dedicated PVP/RVR player on PVP1. Now my problems with these ideas:

Part 1)

-I don't mind doing away with the 5 levels of ships in favor of a different system.  If you stick to a basic(not gray) and crafted quality ships, you are going to please more players. I would also stretch this to include upgrades(ie. 1 "quality" for NPC crafted and 1 for player crafted).  Many people both long-time players and new players would be really put off by an elite group of people that would inevitably develop from special ships.  For example, many people I talk to are upset by the event system that resulted in the L'Ocean and Agamemnon. 

-Wipe ships and refund equivalent ship materials minus the "tuning" materials.

Part 2)

-I like the idea of being able to control all aspects of your crafted ship. I even like the idea of it creating penalties in other areas as long as they are hard coded and not tiered(i.e. choosing speed always gives you x% speed and you always lose x% thickness).

-Don't change the way ships are crafted, the way crafting works now is good, add and remove items from the "craftable" table as needed.

-Make ships harder to get/craft by keeping the new regional bonus system and re-working where materials can be acquired by regions. Require different materials for different ship builds as it         is now but less unique requirements(i.e. simply if you want speed trim you need fewer planks than you need for a normal or extra planking ships of the same class).

-I like the idea of limited ammo supply.  Just be aware you will kill pvp very quickly if we run out of ammo and have to stare at each other for 40 mins. Again, "keep it simple" when you enter battle, you are given a set amount of ammo much like the double charge and double shot perks. Also allow players to craft an item like "Extra munitions" that is fairly heavy but gives a set amount of extra shots.  To limit the use of these make ship weight count against speed and maneuverability in combat thereby forcing captains to sacrifice one for the other.

Overall, STOP OVERHAULING! You have a good framework, tweak it and tune it to work for you. 

To Devs:

By "all old ships will be removed" do you mean all ships crafted before Patch 9.96 when Regional Bonuses & extra craft requirements came in; or do you mean in ETA Dec/Jan you will wipe every single ship from the game?

Edited by PaladinFX

Grays, Greens and Blues as far as ships go do have a use. A very important one, as fleet ships. A very many of us I am sure buy them from port all the time. I never sail without fleet ships, but I don't put my exceptional ships in my fleet, except on rare cases, because AI crews are morons and will just get them sunk or capped. We will still need affordable  ships we can purchase in port for that purpose.

1 dura ships will be disastrous, with the new crafting requirements. It is so difficult and time consuming to gather the required mats now to build a good ship, who would go to all that effort to risk it in a fight, unless they could be much more easily replaced.

Even just relying on buying ships other players craft isn't much of an option, as players are already charging 10 million gold for them post patch, where under the pre-patch system costs were half that.

Thus unless crafting ships is made easier or ship pricing is set by the game and not players, the amount of time and effort it will take to acquire a 1 dura ship won't be worth it and will drive away all but the players with no purpose in life but this game.

The game has to keep a balance between time spent by a player trading, crafting and fighting. Some of the recent changes, when combined with some the proposed changes risk making this mostly a game of trading and ship building, with little time for battles.

• Like 1

Grays, Greens and Blues as far as ships go do have a use. A very important one, as fleet ships. A very many of us I am sure buy them from port all the time. I never sail without fleet ships, but I don't put my exceptional ships in my fleet, except on rare cases, because AI crews are morons and will just get them sunk or capped. We will still need affordable ships we can purchase in port for that purpose.

1 dura ships will be disastrous, with the new crafting requirements. It is so difficult and time consuming to gather the required mats now to build a good ship, who would go to all that effort to risk it in a fight, unless they could be much more easily replaced.

Even just relying on buying ships other players craft isn't much of an option, as players are already charging 10 million gold for them post patch, where under the pre-patch system costs were half that.

Thus unless crafting ships is made easier or ship pricing is set by the game and not players, the amount of time and effort it will take to acquire a 1 dura ship won't be worth it and will drive away all but the players with no purpose in life but this game.

The game has to keep a balance between time spent by a player trading, crafting and fighting. Some of the recent changes, when combined with some the proposed changes risk making this mostly a game of trading and ship building, with little time for battles.

I am ok with 1 dura ships, I actually would love to move to 1 dura ships, but he is right. If the move to 1 dura ships is made, then ships will need to be made easier to craft and the notes to make modules will need to be much cheaper. All note costs will need to be 1/4 of the labor hour cost that they cost now. People will need to be able to replace lost ships much faster if the change to 1 dura is made. Edited by Yar Matey

Great move on the devs part... as a single ship builder with no clan, I was pumping out ships faster than clans. When I was doing a 4th rate a day or two 5th and below all gold, something was wrong. It was gold or nothing..if you wanted some crap ship go buy from NPCs.

If it was not a 3/5 I sold for materials or discounted price. Now with the fine woods and the fact I rolled to another nation and highest ship I can make is a frigate at crafting level 50. But, what they were trying for worked less gold ships being made.

Sure some tweaking needs work..Fine wood production rng goes away, and I think you have a good system. With the removal of all other levels of ships grey/gold being withstanding fine wood is simple. Want gold fine woods required and don't care go for the other.

Key here is regional bonuses still need to be implemented, as this is a great idea.

Customization needs to be well thought out and also use some of those new regional materials in the game..

Main thing is remember you will have casuals, hardcore, and the in-between players. You will not make everyone happy, just put out a game you are proud of and a majority will love it!

As one of the original testers..who just came back 3 months ago to relearn the game again. Sorry real life took me away! You are on the right path..

I look forward to a clean wipe..

PS please do something with blueprints!

PS 1 dura ships can work, but upgrades need to go to 1 note, or they have dura on them as well.

Edited by themule08

Wipe does not bother me.  Do give us a couple weeks and specifics on what is going to happen.  That way we can have happy hour if they are wiped anyway.

I don't like the proposed system over the current system. The current system needs some tweaks, but the bones are good.  I think it would work better after a wipe.  Make the fine woods drop more, but have the exceptionals have an exponential increase in cost for fines woods.

I like the idea of tradeoffs for fitting a ship.  But beware the Max ship.  Some serious balancing needed.  You also have to watch Max/Max combo fleets that are broken.  That will happen and might be unmanageable.  League of Legends has had several broken combos that were tough to fix without destroying one of the characters.

well i guess i am an "elite" then. there is a very large skill gap in this game. that is the reason i play it. because all players are not equal some players are better than others. the current combat moddle allows for players to use their skills and turn the tide in battle. By all means let us compete with those skill in tourneys. as far as special rewards for the tournaments go: if the PVE players are going to cry about it this much, then i guess there doesnt have to be a reward apart from standard gold compensation for the ships lost in a forced pvp settings. if i know the competative/ "elite" community like i think i do, we will show up reguardless of the reward. At this point its simply a matter of reputation/renown. The reward of being known and feared by the rest of the community is enough for us. so scratch the rewards if you want but for sure implement the tournament/leaderboard system. That will give us enough reason to compete by itself. 

As far as ship building goes... if you want to make them customizable that's great do so. just be sure that it is totally custom and that the ships can have serious/meaningful specs. none of  this max 5% speed buff through upgrades stuff. 5% speed is a single shot of chain. that's what I get for having every speed upgrade on a ship.......... bit pointless. I am all for End game ships being hard to get lets just make them worth while pls. We need something to work towards and keep working towards. risk/reward for meaningful actions in game and the amount of time put into those actions.

Line ships need to be a group effort to build. lets face it the realm vs realm is based off of a need for clans . therefore I think it should take the efforts of a whole clan to build a line ship. The solo players will not like this. But lets face it a solo player has no business in a line ship anyway. line ships were and should be used for wars/set piece battles. If a solo player wants a line ship they can spend a month crafting it OR spend lots of money to buy one from the clans building them.

Also since this is being done in the light of making all ship types meaningful perhaps you need to consider make the port battles have a set BR limit (can vary per port) instead of always santismas or always ingers or always heavy rattlers. This was suggested before but was not implemented. This idea would also allow for smaller nations to be able to compete with the larger nations.

• Like 2

I enjoy green ships when good value for money as well as blue and purple. In fact I like all  the ships.

The devs created the meta game by only allowing  a certain type of ship to a port battle hence the need for 25 yellow ships. Its unrealistic and I dont like it. Why change the quality of NPC ships again? Its nice hunting NPCs and finding the odd gem or the odd weird mix set up.

Just because the big clans will not use other color ships for the meta game dont ruin the fun for other not so well off people.

A big step backwards if you ask me.

Some thoughts for the Devs from a Rear Admiral/Level 50 crafter on PvP1 who mostly plays for the pvp action fun:

At its heart Naval Action should be adhering to some very simple principles and uppermost in it all should be the KISS principle.

It appears you are turning people off to the game by getting ever more obtuse and pedantic about the minutae of the age of sail and the game's mechanics.

Personally I love the game and will see it through to release and applaud many of the awesome mechanics and design you have developed so far. However here's some suggestions and some thoughts:

1. Players just want to have fun playing the game whether they are hardcore who play several hours per day, or the more casual player. The fun is getting hammered by you making the game ever more complex and time intensive; especially for the casual player.

2. Players just want to be able to build a nice ship and customize it a bit to feel it suits their purpose for why they are sailing out(battle vs boarding or a mix of both for example), or their style of gameplay (eg frigates vs SOL's).

A straight forward Ship Upgrade slots system without RNG where each ship has 3 permanent and 5 regular upgrade slots on every ship will give players this flexibility. This creates a level playing field and gives players ample chance to customize their setup and feel happy and excited for what they have set up and done the work to achieve.

I'm ok with fine woods being needed for exceptional quality ships but please get rid of the ridiculous RNG and make growing all these damn forest make sense to produce at least some fine logs per xxx number of regular logs.

3. Players ultimately just want to test their skills against other players (PvP) or Ai (PvE) and have fun doing it. Patch 9.96 has just taken huge time away from this to the more tedious side of the game. For most players the trading is a means to an end to be able to craft the ship they want. They don't want to spend 90% of their time doing it; they want to go out and have fun doing battle. And lets face it the Naval Action battles are awesome to look at and awesome to play! :)

4. Stripping away unnecessary ship quality levels  is a good idea; Mastercraft(purple) particularly is redundant.

However, if NPC are going to continue to produce Grey & Green ships I suggest keeping Blue too as this is a good first leg up for new players to cut their teeth on crafting and feel like they are progressing = fun = satisfied with the game. After that level i would bet most players then aspire to have the best they can so scrap Purple and make Gold ships something worthy to aspire to even if it takes some work ; whilst keeping in mind there needs to be a balance between how much grind it takes to get a Gold ship and not losing the fun/enjoyment in the game.

It is a total falsehood to say that players do not build or use Green/Blue ships. I know many who use those as fleet ships. Personally i don't know anyone who bothers to build a Purple ship tho; they just move on to Gold! So maybe 3 levels: Grey/Green(NPC builds) or Blue(Player entry level crafting), Gold(Exceptional ships that take work/commitment to achieve).

5. Doing away with all Upgrade levels/colours is a bad idea.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can remember the thrill as a new player at getting a drop of a next level up colour upgrade after a good battle and feeling like you were starting to climb the "upgrade ladder", gave satisfaction to me while doing the grind in the game. As with ships, I think again it is the Blue upgrades that are the first level up for new players as they can find greens in shop so same argument as to ships for keeping them.

Here again if there's one redundant one, maybe its the Purple ones because if you are at the point of being able to craft purple you will just hold on - build another note and have Gold BUT new players who don't have much gold will relish initially trying to get Blues to get started moving up i feel.

As with ships, it is not fair to say no one uses different coloured upgrades; people use greens and blues on their 1 dura ships and fleet ships for a start. New players will use blues while the're getting started leveling up until they can afford to have better or join a clan and can get golds crafted. Many of us switch between using green/blue/gold marines depending on what ship we are sailing or what set up we're looking for.

6. Regional Bonuses for ship building are a great idea, creates diversity and drives mechanics of pvp to fight for control of a region :)

7. Adding other choices into the Trim menu ( or maybe one sub-menu?) of a ship build could be a great idea and I think players would welcome the flexibility to customize their build a little more  BUT dont get too bogged down and keep it simple (KISS!!!) and straight forward. Keep choices limited in each menu/sub menu.

And please don't allow ships to capsize - you will really piss off a lot of people who have just spent much time energy etc building their ship; its just not necessary in a game who's underlying principle should be that it is an environment where people can come together and test their skills and have fun playing the game either solo or with friends!

I think a thread on suggestions of development of Trim menu or sub menu possibilities might be a good idea!

Thats my initial thoughts, may come back and edit if I think of some more. :)

Overall I applaud you for creating a beautiful looking game that its just awesome to play, particularly in battle instance which is incredible BUT please KISS and keep it fun for us all to keep coming back for more!

Edited by PaladinFX
  • Like 3

Line ships need to be a group effort to build. lets face it the realm vs realm is based off of a need for clans . therefore I think it should take the efforts of a whole clan to build a line ship. The solo players will not like this. But lets face it a solo player has no business in a line ship anyway. line ships were and should be used for wars/set piece battles. If a solo player wants a line ship they can spend a month crafting it OR spend lots of money to buy one from the clans building them.

This!.

Seeing everyone, especially PVE casuals who never been in a PB or OW PVP battle sailing on Victories kills all game immersion for me. 1st and 2nd rates should be a rare sight. We should see more then 3-4 SOLs only in PBs.

Most of the action in game should be done in Frigates as it were during real Age of Sail. 

As proposed long ago on PVP server sailing SOL should require captains commisions given for PVP points.

• Like 1

I think the amount of lineships in OW pre patch may have been ahistorical, but it was in no way absurd in my opinion.

Lineships are fun, but ask anyone what their favourite ship is and I think the majority will choose a 4th or 5th rate ship, and I think they made up more then 50% of the OW ships for OW PvP.

I still think we need to consider the value of solo casual players, they also contribute to the OW PvP they participate in the economy etc.

The more people we have in this game the better.

The hardcore players can have special ships, paints, etc. something that will be much less accesable to the casual player. I think that is more fair then making high end ships and special ships something for the elite only. Otherwise I think it'll prety soon feel like you're batteling the same people over and over again.

Quite honestly I have over 1200 hours (do you really still consider that a casual?!) in this game but this patch already put me to the point of not having enough time to keep up. Next one will mean I am out purely by the fact alone that I cannot invest the time needed to play the ships I enjoy (SOLs). The real problem aren't 100 first rates sailing the ocean - you might not particularly enjoy the sight but that is about it. While maybe unrealistic even more so are problems like battle screen hiding, log out near ports, 10vs1 ganking, etc. - those are the real problems that you keep ignoring. Alienate a large chunk of your bloody damn small playerbase and see them go. And if you don't fix those problems mentioned earlier those 5th rate captains won't be here long after either.

And as spud said you will be battling the same people over and over again as thsoe special ships will be getting an more then unfair advantage right from the start.

Edited by JollyRoger1516
  • Like 1

I do not like special event/tournament vessels, if those are giving advantage in the future.  Some tournament paintjob etc. that would be ok.

Victory could need highly skilled craftsmen and a big shipyard, and rent that for long time.  We could need to wait X amount of time that they craft the ship, and not just "click and ready".  This all could be paid in gold.

Why I like the idea of gold payment?  Gold can be acquired by anyone in the game

1. If you like to do PvP, you get gold

2. If you like to trade, you get gold

3. If you like to do PvE, you get gold

4. etc.

So it does not force PvP player to start doing X or Y to craft something.  But, I do not mean that all the materials should be removed from the game, just saying that one big component could be simply gold.

Yes, with gold I mean credits, the monetary unit in the game.

• Like 1

C'mon...my post deleted? Just because I said that we should find a better balance between time/efforts requested to players and reward? Because I said that I love the game and don't want it to become an "elite game"? Because I expressed some criticism about the path you are choosing? I repeat: you devs have created a great game and I wish you a great success and have so much respect for you, your passion and your talent, but please start dealing with unfavorable opinions in a different, more "open" way. A negative opinion if expressed with respect and motivated by the love of the game, can be more useful than a 100% positive one. However lesson learned: never express an unfavorable opinion in a "heavy moderated" thread.

• Like 3

C'mon...my post deleted? Just because I said that we should find a better balance between time/efforts requested to players and reward? Because I said that I love the game and don't want it to become an "elite game"? Because I expressed some criticism about the path you are choosing? I repeat: you devs have created a great game and I wish you a great success and have so much respect for you, your passion and your talent, but please start dealing with unfavorable opinions in a different, more "open" way. A negative opinion if expressed with respect and motivated by the love of the game, can be more useful than a 100% positive one. However lesson learned: never express an unfavorable opinion in a "heavy moderated" thread.

The reason was it was off topic, this thread is about feedback on the up coming shipbuilding not about anything else, so please everyone stay on topic, off topic posts will be hidden.

I think feedback requires a positive stance towards solving an issue and not simply a - please do not change, oh why do you want to change.

Looking back to the OP one has to read it ALL and not only nitpick pieces of it given that the WHOLE package works together.

Seriously, read it aloud ten times slowly, not considering your assets, forget them,  and creatively imagine of how things will change.

Game must evolve and not stay in the stagnation some of you insist. Crafting and trade must evolve as much as combat. All three work together.

• Like 1

Main post updated to answer some of the questions raised in the topic:

1. Regional bonuses will remain and NPC ships as well will have them too 
  2. Regions and map will not change thus your repositioning to new areas will remain valid
  3. ETA for the changes is somewhere between end december - end january. We will first add land in port battles and some other previously promised things.
  4. Wood types will remain and will affect ships stats, what will change is how the ship general stats and upgrade slots and other elements are determined during crafting, giving more options to a crafter to build the ship just for him (or for his buyers)
  5. The current proposal is a proposal and might change based on what is found during the design stage. 
  • Like 4

Main post updated to answer some of the questions raised in the topic:

•  
  • Regional bonuses will remain and NPC ships as well will have them too

AWESOME

• Regions and map will not change thus your repositioning to new areas will remain valid

AWESOME

• ETA for the changes is somewhere between end december - end january. We will first add land in port battles and some other previously promised things. Well done, port battles needs to change a bit.
  • Wood types will remain and will affect ships stats, what will change is how the ship general stats and upgrade slots and other elements are determined during crafting, giving more options to a crafter to build the ship just for him (or for his buyers)

I love this, just think it should be a little less grindy

Edited by ArmoredKorps
  • Like 1