Game-Labs Forum

Tournament sign up

Molon_Labe13966

As i understood one of the main reason why it is also better on OW is because it is more forgiving, organisation wise. You can just drop out battle and 2 minutes later you are ready to go again, unlike small battles where you either have to wait 30 minutes, surrender or waste precious durabilties. Offcourse it is automated for the most part, but one extra guy or team not understanding when to join and there you go, 30 minutes wasted.

OW battles are open for 2 minutes only, and you need to be on the spot to enter. So it will be alot easier to control then small battles.

Also, I'm sure rules will be given as soon as they are ready. Keep in mind peoples are organising this as a first fun compétition.

Participate if you want to have fun, not in regard of a few rules that will only be there to give as much "equity" as possible. Rules will most probably be "simple" and there to give everyone the same chances.

As for Officers not beeing allowed, makes sens but I fear it is impossible to really control ?

All the juges are supposed to meet tomorow, so rules should be posted then :)

Keep up the good work Olav !

I agree with you, i just cant see how we can control the use of officers perk v0v

Edit:

Stay on topic. - Moderator Team

IF some perks are forbiden, this will be enforced by the judges. Seeing that 2 repairs pop on the same captain is easy. for the rest, it's harder to see, but I'm sure Judges will be up to the task (Recording and the threat of disqualification of captains that violate the rules will probably help !).

Dont take my word for it, Olav is the organisation and has the final word on all this, this is just common sense to me. :)

my 0,02

Dont forbit modules, or perks. It's soo hard to control it and even if people don't use them, the amount of accusations will be plenty.

If you know folks are bringing certain mods/perks, that's also an advantage :)

See this tournament as a trial tournament, loads will go wrong which will only help the next one to go more smoothly.

Except for the fact that if you havent been lucky enough or prayed hard enough to RNGesus and got certain mods from bottles, you absolutely will NOT win this tournament.  I'm fine with losing, as I do my fair share, but I'd like a TOURNAMENT based on skill, not luck.

Again, I appreciate the effort, and hope we get some clarity on making it awesome!

• Like 2

Except for the fact that if you havent been lucky enough or prayed hard enough to RNGesus and got certain mods from bottles, you absolutely will NOT win this tournament.  I'm fine with losing, as I do my fair share, but I'd like a TOURNAMENT based on skill, not luck.

Again, I appreciate the effort, and hope we get some clarity on making it awesome!

I wholeheartedly agree!

I just don't see how you are able to ensure fairness just based on a person word. Until mechanics are present for tournaments, i think there is not much you can do...

• Like 1

Sorry for late reply was out with some friends. Anyways this is how it is and it wont be changing:

The tournument will be held in open world, we will do the first or so match at Ile to see how it works out if it works out good il be willing to do the tournument at ile, if it doesnt il post it here and you will have to get an outpost at Great Corn, il make sure everyone gets enough time to do so however i would reccomend you allready do so for the smoothest operation.

In regards to modules and perks, if it was up to me no perks and no modules. Problem? it is too hard to control and would complicate matters too much for my tastes, as such all mods and perks will be allowed.

In regards to rules: will have a meeting tomorrow with judges and helpers to ensure that they are good to go and il update the final ruleset after the meeting(after that point, absolutely no changes what so ever will be made to the rule set)

PS: those who have not payed the fee or given clans list, you still have untill tuesday to do so. Please contact me as quickly as possible however or risk disqualification.

Please send me PM in game or in the forums regarding arranging payments. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure you have made the payment to me before the time ends.

what are this autowin modules you speak of?

PS: those who have not payed the fee or given clans list, you still have untill tuesday to do so. Please contact me as quickly as possible however or risk disqualification.

just to be sure, cause list of 8 teams looks too short

both RUBLI teams paid entrance fee to MolonLabe.

Well I have the Carpenter Teams module, and I'd be willing to lend it to people who are fighting (schedule permitting). We really need to level the playing field here.

probably i can lend that too. its not that rare anyway. i really hope to see no double-repairs (and i pretty sure we will see alot)

I need to now where it is going to be held.  If it is at Great Corn, count me out.  I don't have another slot available.  Also, how will same nation fights work in open world?

Need judges from all nations. Judges start combat. Same nation teams join different sides.

For example, a Pirate judge and a Dutch judge open combat in their Yachts.

TDA squad Alpha joins the Rat and squad Echo joins the dutchie.

Should work perfectly.

Need judges from all nations. Judges start combat. Same nation teams join different sides.

For example, a Pirate judge and a Dutch judge open combat in their Yachts.

TDA squad Alpha joins the Rat and squad Echo joins the dutchie.

Should work perfectly.

I don't think that works.  It used to be that US could only join 1 side of a battle and not both.

I don't think that works.  It used to be that US could only join 1 side of a battle and not both.

You are right. But we could do 1on1s instead of 3on3 as smugglers :D that would work