Game-Labs Forum

Tournament sign up

Molon_Labe13966

ok guys, I am back from work. I get Monday, Tuesday and Friday off. Olav is doing a better job than I am with this, because I have no clue what I am doing. I can join in on the meeting, point in a few ideas and stuff here and there, but Olav has the final say. Also, as SteelSandwich has stated, this is a first time thing that we are doing in NA, so expect things to go wrong. And frankly, if things DIDN'T go wrong, I'd be suspicious because that means something is very wrong. Also, I am putting a 1 bottle bet on SLRN getting to at least 3rd place. I'd place more, but I gave all my money to the prize, so I am literally broke with 0 gold.

just to be sure, cause list of 8 teams looks too short

both RUBLI teams paid entrance fee to MolonLabe.

Yes, RUBLI has paid entrence fee. The following are still missing for paying a fee:

TDA

PFK

BRITS

WO

MRF

FRL

KIN

And lastly SORRY just needs to send me or post here a final list of their team set up.

PS: Il try to be online for most of today and tomorrow so everyone can get to pay for the tournument, be sure to send me a PM though

Will it be possible to negotiate the timing? As a European with a full-time job, I do not have free choice on when to play, for example :)

It will be somewhat negotiable, but has to be a time where all 3 parties(the 2 competing teams and the judge) are available

Any idea about how will we get around the problem of fighting teams from the same country?

Also - the payment for the tourney is 200K each, and so - 600K for the team?

And lastly - is there a possibility of mixed nation teams?

Edited by Muminukas

Any idea about how will we get around the problem of fighting teams from the same country?

Also - the payment for the tourney is 200K each, and so - 600K for the team?

And lastly - is there a possibility of mixed nation teams?

1. Gonna discuss this with the judges.

2. its 200k per team

3. No, Mixed Nation teams wont work at all(game limitation)

edit: im mistaken with the game limitation thing(because im stupid), but i think that it would be better to avoid mixed nations simply to keep things simpler.

1. Gonna discuss this with the judges.

2. its 200k per team

3. No, Mixed Nation teams wont work at all(game limitation)

edit: im mistaken with the game limitation thing(because im stupid), but i think that it would be better to avoid mixed nations simply to keep things simpler.

Ruining the game for players who are solo and only hang out with multinational  community members, everyone that played back pre/post wipe no longer play im the only one left in my nation and now you ruin this community event? nice one. 

• Like 1

Do we plan to stream the fights in a coordinated fashion?

I could offer to create a thread with compiled links to the streams for every fight with tallied results in cooperation with the streamers and judges :)

Il let streamers know of the fights, it will be up to them to actually show up so i cant really promise anything in regards to that, however il make sure there is someone streaming for semi finals and finals

Ruining the game for players who are solo and only hang out with multinational  community members, everyone that played back pre/post wipe no longer play im the only one left in my nation and now you ruin this community event? nice one. 

My apologies, I hadent realised there is or was going to be any multinational teams. Il allow multi national teams. Just a note though, unless its in the OP it is not actually a rule.

Talked with the judges today, here is updated info(OP will be edited as well):

Victory Conditions: 

- First "Round" will be group based, so 4 teams in a group one advances. There will be losses, draws and wins.

- If a team does not show up at the match that team forfeits the rounds(in case of elimination rounds they will be out of the tournument, in the group stage they will get 0 points and the other team 3)

- Matches last 45 minutes

- If a team avoids engagement for the entire match the team running away will forfeit the match

Only applies for elimination rounds:

- Team with highest BR at the end wins, if same BR it is sudden death(first team to loose a ship looses)

Procedure of starting a fight:

1. Team 1 and 2 will tag each other in a manner in which the wind is fair for both

2. When in battle positioning will be finalized by the judge(s)

3. Battle begins

If a team from the same nation fights we will do the following:

1. we will have 2 judges both of different nation than the teams competing

2. Judges will tag each other to start match

3. Team 1 joins judge 1 nation and team 2 joins judge 2 nation

4. teams will be positioned to give everyone a fair fight by the judges and then the fight will begin.

In terms of postponing and if anything happens the following can be done:

1. Notify the judges about postponement 30 min before the match begins. Every team has the ability to postpone a match once(just in case there is an emergency or something).

2. If you dont want to postpone you can fight it out with one less person assuming you use the ship you sent in your line up to the judges

IMPORTANT: On the 10th when registration is done, your ship line up for the first match needs to be sent to the judges(dont worry, we wont tell the other teams xD) and you have to use that line up, after the match is done you make a new line up or use the same one and send that to the judges in preparation of the next match. 

PS: To those teams who have not paid me yet or sent me your team members, please do so before 12pm CEST on the 9th of august or you will be disqualified(i hope you understand but i cant go around chasing teams for payment/ what team members they contain)

- Team with highest BR at the end wins, if same BR it is sudden death(first team to loose a ship looses)

PPS: This is still subject to some changes however unless i messed up(wouldnt be the first time xD) this is the final rules here(and what says in the OP)

Define "avoiding combat."  Does that include Kiting?  Also, say a team starts with less BR.  How does that work?  If no ships sink in 45 minutes they lose?  Granted, I don't think this will be an issue because I assume every match will include at least one person sinking.

Also, when TDA does small battles against each other, we do a thing where we call "out" in chat.  This person then has to leave the combat area and escape.  They can't shoot enemies, and enemies cant shoot them.  Can something like this be done in the tournament if someone wishes?

Define "avoiding combat."  Does that include Kiting?  Also, say a team starts with less BR.  How does that work?  If no ships sink in 45 minutes they lose?  Granted, I don't think this will be an issue because I assume every match will include at least one person sinking.

Avoiding combat does not include kiting, avoiding combat would essentially be running away the entire match. And yes that is what would happen in regards to BR untill further notice at least.

edit: kiting, not combat

If a team from the same nation fights we will do the following:

1. we will have 2 judges both of different nation than the teams competing

2. Judges will tag each other to start match

3. Team 1 joins judge 1 nation and team 2 joins judge 2 nation

4. teams will be positioned to give everyone a fair fight by the judges and then the fight will begin.

i thought that wasn't not possible to do, nation can not join both side of a battle. could you confirm ?

Edited by horail