Game-Labs Forum

Tournament sign up

Molon_Labe13966

ATM we have 16 teams, so maybe better 4 groups, all vs all in groups. After that 1st and 2nd places in groups go in grid with double elimination? If we have a lot of time for this tournament it will be most fair system

So far got 8 which have payed and given a list of people to me, if we have 16 il most definetely do 4 groups all v all, if its 12 il probably do all v all as well. It will depend on the final numbers

Maybe Ille a Vache, the teams can sail into the Caribbean away from land to hopefully avoid people.  Get admin to make a post that since they are donating rewards, that the tournament is not to be griefed and griefers will not be tolerated.  In the case of attempted griefing, the post from admin can be linked and the griefer given the chance to stop before being reported.

• Like 1

Maybe Ille a Vache, the teams can sail into the Caribbean away from land to hopefully avoid people.  Get admin to make a post that since they are donating rewards, that the tournament is not to be griefed and griefers will not be tolerated.  In the case of attempted griefing, the post from admin can be linked and the griefer given the chance to stop before being reported.

I can do Ile a Vache if i can get such a statement from admin, but unless i can get that i thin Ile a Vache is too busy

• Great Corn not a good choice, I would say not even a fair.

• Why playoff or not liga tournament?

Why are all the time changing the rules of the tournament?

Clearly announce the victory conditions!!!

At what time will be fighting? How does setting the time of battle? If both parties can not agree on the same time, then what?

Clearly tell all the rules with regards to all non-conceived and controversial points. I will ask the organizers not to ruin a great idea bad organization!

I propose each team to appoint a reserve player

• Great Corn not a good choice, I would say not even a fair.
  • Why playoff or not liga tournament?
  • Why are all the time changing the rules of the tournament?
  • Clearly announce the victory conditions!!!
  • At what time will be fighting? How does setting the time of battle? If both parties can not agree on the same time, then what?
  • Clearly tell all the rules with regards to all non-conceived and controversial points. I will ask the organizers not to ruin a great idea bad organization!
  • I propose each team to appoint a reserve player

1. got any other suggestions which are quiet? Ile is a possibility but i fear it would be too crowded

2. It will depend on the amount of teams, currently we just got 8 teams which have completed registration

3. This is the first time Lomon or I do something like this, as we find faults or things that need changing we change them rather than going further with something that is broken or wont work

4. The Victory conditions are WIP. Since it is actually quite complicated, so i will have to talk with the judges But basically it will be the following: first team to eliminate enemy team wins.

5. after the 10th. What time will depend on multiple factors including time zones, who you are fighting, the type the first round will be etc.

6. Could you please tell me which points these are?

7. there i have no control.

All rules should be clearly posted on the front page, the important points are highlighted in red. a couple of days left until the tournament is not clear moments very much.

Many people do not read the whole topic and do not know what you come up with a new one.
Victory is awarded for:
Draw awarded for:
Defeat:
Disqualification for that:
How is the agreement on the time of battle
If opponents are unable to agree on the time?

Which days will be fighting? Every day for the fight? Several fights for a day? To fight a few days?

Ile-a Vache is the best place for the tournament is really the center of the map, and all it will be convenient. I do not see a problem to wait a couple of minutes in the sea when one is not present.
As it should be in the OW ships to start a fight? I offer an option when all are at the same point, and exactly in the wind, in the battle will be good for both sides spawn. It is desirable to provide a schematic in the picture that all was clear.

So it was not a bad finish to the rules until 9 August, so that people can read and make a decision to participate or not.

This is not a criticism, I just want you to get a good tournament, but I see the problem and inform. Please try a little better and everything will be fine  :) 

This is what i can do in regards to location, the first match or two il try in ile depending on how that goes we will either continue at ile or we will do great corn.

In regards to the agreements of time, il send a PM to the participents regarding options for times where judges can be present and then the two groups agree on one of those times.

In regards to starting the fight, unless that has changed recently the wind in open world battles dont change that means the teams can be repositioned in the battle themselves to make sure everyone gets a fair fight.

Il make sure the rules are finished by the 9th, il see about getting the judges together at some time tomorrow to discuss the victory/draw/defeat thing.

Hi, frenchies are in for the kill !

[GROGS] Dugay Trouin

[uGLY] Pelennor

? Kair Alzahir or Dalbath ?

Not 100% sure of this composition, but should be that.

See you !

Edited by Pelennor

I would say forget about Ile a vache, it is way to busy there and people are ....... so will grief and such.

Great Corn seems like a very quiet place for this, it justs asks for some commitment form people to actually sail there.

I would say forget about Ile a vache, it is way to busy there and people are ....... so will grief and such.

Great Corn seems like a very quiet place for this, it justs asks for some commitment form people to actually sail there.

I will just attempt one or two matches. So EVERYONE should be prepared to sail to great corn for the tournument. If it is quiet enough at Ile, that can be done... But i doubt it but im trying it since multiple people requested Ile.

• Like 1

Ile à Vache seems a very risky option for those who want a match starts at time, and it can turn so bad if some players decide to troll the event: you can't forbid them to tag contestents, or join a match, it's pvp open world. In my opinion, Great Corn isn't perfect, but we will avoid to tempt players to disturb our event.

why the hell its in the OW in the 1st place? a lot of complications could be avoided just by using a snall battle option.

In small battles anyone can join, literally just one guy new to the game pressing small battles to take a look could ruin everything.

that will happen less than trolling in any place in OW. and positioning in OW will take enormous efforts an time.

You say that... but honestly i myself cant believe that would be the case. Anyways i have made my decision.

Also another fairness factor that we shouldnt forget with open world is once the battle is initiated, the wind stays constant(unless that has changed of course, last i checked this was the case at least) as a result the wind wont be a factor for who is the winner.

I think small battles is the right way to do it, but I think it would need to be recoded by the devs to be easier to use for that.

I think that with officers perks being so overpowered, officers should not be allowed. Is that even possible?