Game-Labs Forum

Tournament sign up

Molon_Labe13966

- Within the tourney zone, no PVP other than the teams fighting(Nothing here can be promised).

You aren't going to be able to insure that, nor should you expect it.  I would suggest maybe NE of Atwood a bit out into the ocean, not a high volume area.  I would maybe make those who sign up agree that while in that area, everyone protects each other, and teams that take part in disruptions are disqualified.  Granted, the ocean isn't as scenic as La Tortue area, but it has hardly any traffic and isn't that far away from the original area.

Why not in small battles? Balance with wind and distance. Is there replacement in teams?

Any way we are in! =)

[RUBLI]Gamover

[RUBLI]Krists

[RUBLI]dumpert

Well from personall experiance with trafalgar... too easily griefable.

- 4th rates and below.

OCEAN will join with 1 or 2 teams.

Will edit this post soon.

Suggestion:

Instead of 4th rates and below (3 Inger's anyone? lol.) i suggest using a BR Limit instead.

I made a spreadsheet that you can use to check different ship setups and the total BR of that setup. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B7F_X-dWMsIjrGhbTZn0YmO8R1hTIzFeBERxQ0dQQE4/edit?usp=sharing

- Please use only the "drop down" list's (all ships are there) 

I think something between 500 and 650 BR would make things much more interesting! 

• Like 2

OCEAN will join with 1 or 2 teams.

Will edit this post soon.

Suggestion:

Instead of 4th rates and below (3 Inger's anyone? lol.) i suggest using a BR Limit instead.

I made a spreadsheet that you can use to check different ship setups and the total BR of that setup. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B7F_X-dWMsIjrGhbTZn0YmO8R1hTIzFeBERxQ0dQQE4/edit?usp=sharing

- Please use only the "drop down" list's (all ships are there) 

I think something between 500 and 650 BR would make things much more interesting! 

oooo I like this

so limit it to like 960. So if you wanna bring a santi, you can, but your team mates can only bring cutters lol. Not that you're allowed to, but still

I think something like 640 BR would be fair. can bring 2 4th rates but be limited to a pickle or a privateer.

Edited by Molon_Labe13966
  • Like 1

teams mutually matching ships and pick a fun location to fight in ow its secret cept to the two teams. and maybe a judge? id b so down to stream fights from a basic cutter or something with free cam.

sounds like the best plan

BR rating would be better than ~more or less the same ships, or the same.  I think it would be nice addition to the tournament that the teams think the best possible setup and tactic for it.  Creates a bit more depth, and much more fun to watch different kind of setups.

4th rates have only 2 options, so I suppose that would be a bit dull to watch the same ships.  There are plenty of 5th and also 6th rates, so maybe an option for 4th rate should be open but not mandatory.

550br or 500br maybe?

since we dont have different roles in this kind of fights, br limit doesnt make much sence. we just bring as many guns as possible. e.g. 640 br limit = mandatory 4th rate anyway. with less br, than inger/connie means privateer - we switch to heavy frigs - trinco or essex. with no limits at all we take our santis, after all.

and 3 ppl team doesnt have enough room to make a balanced fleet from different ship classes.

so maybe weight cathegories is better choice here.

1st. Br limit sounds interesting. I would also add no player limit. So if someone want to fight in 10 frigs ( just example ), then let them do it. That way fights will be more interesting. Atleast for me.

2nd. If you want this tournament to proove somekind of domination and skills for few captains in na community, then you should limit teams to numbers/ships and modules. Simply as that. Then everyone have same chances ( well winds, and same nation teams can be a problem )

3rd. I`ll gladly stream fights if possible. Im polish native speaker but i can try speak in english too. If someone is not grammarnazi i should be understandable for most :)

Eventually i can record fights and upload on youtube without commentary.

PM me if you are interested.

o7

А давайте просто соберёмся все допустим на Констах и проведём первый экспериментальный турнир. И потом уже можно думать о развитии турнира и улучшению правил. Придумаете тут слишком сложные правила, и хрен кто придёт. Уже букв много а желающих ноль.
4.рейты без каких либо ограничений. В Смалл Баттле.

Sorry Google Translate ))

And let's just say all get together at Konsti and spend the first experimental tournament. And then we can think about the tournament development and improvement of the rules. You come up here too complicated rules, and nobody will come. Already a lot of letters and those wishing to zero.
4.rates without any restrictions. In Small Battle.

1st. Br limit sounds interesting. I would also add no player limit. So if someone want to fight in 10 frigs ( just example ), then let them do it. That way fights will be more interesting. Atleast for me.

It's supposed to be a tournament.  If some teams have 10 people while others have less, that's quite odd.

What is the timeline for the battles themselves? Only asking because I'm on holidays in middle of August.

Starts on the 11th of August. Should only take a few days, but I am limiting it at a week, if it gets to 6 days and we still got a few teams to go and running out of time, a battle royale will happen. But its highly unlikely it will take that long. 

since we dont have different roles in this kind of fights, br limit doesnt make much sence. we just bring as many guns as possible. e.g. 640 br limit = mandatory 4th rate anyway. with less br, than inger/connie means privateer - we switch to heavy frigs - trinco or essex. with no limits at all we take our santis, after all.

and 3 ppl team doesnt have enough room to make a balanced fleet from different ship classes.

so maybe weight cathegories is better choice here.

Br limit and 3 player limit is best because most people wont be willing to risk an expensive 3rd, 2nd or 1st rates on a possibility of winning all the way to the championships.. And only 3 players per team, other wise it will get too confusing for spectators on twitch and such, and makes battles faster and get more teams in the battle and make it all go faster for people going on vacation, jobs and such. 

just notes. br limitation will make it from 3x ingers/connies to inger/essex/surprise setups, thats all.

like gamover said we are in anyway

nope. a 4th rate is 300 BR, so a 640 BR leaves for 2 4ths and a pickle. So if a team wants to bring 2 4ths, they can, but they will be hurting for a 3rd team mate.