Game-Labs Forum

Endurance and Final exams - How to pass them (in new damage model)

admin

5 minutes ago, BloodyRaven said:

Hmmm in my game Exam in under tutorial button, so.... 

I understand now your logic now:)  it's under the same (exams + tutorial) button, it does not matter that those are separate tabs with separate name; so..  they are in the same port  UI with trading and crafting and in the same game launcher. And all are in steam together with other games anyway.. so theoretically DS3 and GTA 5 and NA is just one game really because they all three can be launched by launching steam exe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, admin said:

I understand now your logic now:)  it's under the same (exams + tutorial) button, it does not matter that those are separate tabs with separate name; so..  they are in the same port  UI with trading and crafting and in the same game launcher. And all are in steam together with other games anyway.. so theoretically DS3 and GTA 5 and NA is just one game really because they all three can be launched by launching steam exe

Someone with no knowledge about steam could assume so. A new player has no knowledge.

Edited by z4ys

9 minutes ago, admin said:

Exactly, as you mentioned some time ago we, who, play this game for 2-3 years are bloody motherhello kittyers, and tutorial should be for new player, which will want to test this game after  release. Right now its kinda awkward. First you have some simple lessons, engagement, and right after that hard battle. I'm not sure if any new player can do it. Really.  

1 minute ago, BloodyRaven said:

Exactly, as you mentioned some time ago we, who, play this game for 2-3 years are bloody motherhello kittyers, and tutorial should be for new player, which will want to test this game after  release. Right now its kinda awkward. First you have some simple lessons, engagement, and right after that hard battle. I'm not sure if any new player can do it. Really.  

But all of us testers will want to do it in order to rank up and get into our Hercs. Thanks for the tips, @admin

11 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

generally, when I see the word "exam".....I think its an exam.  Especially when, after a period of instruction (tutorial) I expect...you know...an exam...

They really should better word the exam and the final a bit so folks know it's not part of the main tutorial you do on the first section.

• Like 2

I'm doing the endurance right now and I'm about to run out of repair, but the AI which is at 50% sails is still out turning me if I close in.  every one of his shots seems to find a crit on my rudder or pump.   Every one of his shots hits and pins from a distance.  It's like they don't have to time waves or anything in these boats.  And if he's using double charge/ball than why can't i cause seems like his broad side is taking way more armor off than mine.   Does the AI get better ships than we get?

This is just the endurance part.  Which is part of the tutorials.  

2 hours ago, BloodyRaven said:

Our last recruit completed the exam on his 2nd try after two days of owning the game. That is how it should go imo. The tutorial gives you each piece and the exam is you combining those into practical application.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

So I understand you are trying to make  a point but honestly this is more sarcastic,rude and troll like then pit's post about speed victory in fact I would say pit's post is much more informative and yet he and others remain banned some with no warnings simply for asking clarification on wandering forests which has now been sorta clarified. Though some players don't like the new resource idea I am sure there intention much like admins here was to be critical and prove a point...

1 hour ago, Petrel (LIONS) said:

Endurance Mission

I send F11 reports, enemy is turning like normal ship with 50% sails remaining, also no damage on sails is visible. Its a bit strange at the moment at my opinion.

Petrel

That exactly what was going on with me. I had him down to 50 and he keep out turning me. I was pretty beat up so couldn't go broad side to broad side evne with repairs.  I did wait  unit I snapped his mast with my stern gun and than I cored him out, but It seems taking him down to 50% sails with chain didn't slow him down and the accuracy was just insane from a good distance as I was staying long range from him as I repaired.

Rage boarded first ship, repaired and recrewed then destroyed second ship by letting him run after me with 45 degree angle, managing my speed to keep at a medium distance. Each time he fired his broadside at 45 degree angle, I turned and fired him a parallel broadside. Repeat and he will sink fast.

Hard but doable.

• Like 2

I passed the final exam first try... took me about an hour, I did it on the test server... I should probably try to pass it now that the new damage model is out... its been a while.

If I am correct I will need to be even more careful than I was before... the new damage model is awesome!

And... nice shooting Liq, I have been working on shooting like that... takes a lot of practice and knowledge of ship.

Edited by LIONOFWALES

Just now, Borch said:

M&C reward should be scrapped or the exam made easier.

What this gives us is M&C's and Post Captains who can barely sail a ship, but who can crew the biggest 5th rates.  They lose a lot of their learning process by skipping the smaller ships.  It just becomes a hard school for them when they sink all of their money into one ship.

12 minutes ago, Borch said:

Harder to pass exam only means that the gap between vets and new starters after wipe will be longer. DLC's will do the rest. Not even mentioning that it lets you skip 7th and 6th rate experience cutting the game content.

M&C reward should be scrapped or the exam made easier.

the xp skip was considered a good idea initially to give the player the opportunity to jump straight to pvp
but in reality it takes time to practice the combat model and by the time he can pass it he is a M&C already and the only benefit for him is rare upgrade and ships. 
we do not have a solution yet but are working on one . 

• Like 3