Game-Labs Forum

Endurance and Final exams - How to pass them (in new damage model)

admin

2 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Ill be honest. The reason I want legends to become free to play and a success has nothing to do with me hating the open sea. Ive just done everything there is to do. I have played 4000 hours of the game, explored and hunted on every coast and done rvr against every nation in every corner in the map. I am happy with what I got for my money. Now I just hope for a lobby game I join into and have a fast competitive battle. There is nothing more that can be done content wise that will change that. Even if RVR is fixed its just same shit different mechanics :) 

Legends is indeed a different experience. I really liked it the time that was up. Not my prime go to ( same as with other non ow games i play, 3 rounds and i'm fulfilled :) ) but was good.

Really liked the bathymetry testing included on it. Really like how GL tests stuff, but then gamelabs as a name should be a nice clue :D 

On 3/12/2019 at 12:30 PM, admin said:

the xp skip was considered a good idea initially to give the player the opportunity to jump straight to pvp
but in reality it takes time to practice the combat model and by the time he can pass it he is a M&C already and the only benefit for him is rare upgrade and ships. 
we do not have a solution yet but are working on one . 

Just scratch the xp gain for M&C rank. Rank xp getting wiped only for M&C rank being available through exam on day 1 for veterans only? Makes no sense at all. Also what you said. Either way there is no point in the exam granting rank, other than making the release easier for veterans ( which I think is exactly the opposite of the point of wiping rank xp? ).

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 1:14 AM, admin said:

i cant do that. i dont know about removing skill oriented mechanics, as such aiming as yours is definitely skill
and if it is soo easy why not everyone is doing it.

In almost every PvP battle I’m in, the opponent tries to snipe my masts. Presumably because he/she has had some success with it in the past and they know that if they can do it, it’s the most obvious and easiest way to victory  

But I’m like you, I don’t know how to do it. I’ve never bothered to learn since it seems like such fake way to win a battle. It takes your beautiful combat sailing and gunnery models and reduces them to victory to the guy who has learned to synch their single shots and ping rate knowing where exactly to aim those perfectly steady laser lines.

Mast sniping is sort of like the boarding mini game. I have not concentrated on mastering it because I always thought these really fake mechanics would be changed. I was never good a strictly hand/eye/ping/refresh rate exercises.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jodgi said:

A bit of eye and hand coordination, sure, but it's not a ping and refresh rate exercise. 

It's more like gambling.  You can shoot the little balls when the indicator looks like it aligns with the masts, but even with longs the balls tend to go elsewhere than indicated.  Then you try to guess how much to compensate and the next ball flies off in a different direction.  If you get lucky or commit to it long enough perhaps enough pixel balls will hit to Win The Jackpot.  Or maybe you just end up looking foolish.

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jodgi said:

A bit of eye and hand coordination, sure, but it's not a ping and refresh rate exercise. 

I didn’t really know how to properly describe it, but the hand eye coordination has to be in synch with internet speeds as well wouldn’t you say?

57 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

If you get lucky or commit to it long enough perhaps enough pixel balls will hit to Win The Jackpot.  Or maybe you just end up looking foolish.

It doesn’t seem to me that many of our most deadly — as in get the most PvP kills — captains are depending on luck to demast. They’ve spent the time to learn how to pick the masts apart. It’s a skill, just not one I like being possible in the game. 

4 hours ago, jodgi said:

@jodgi

Are you sure Ping Rate as nothing to do with it? My Asian Ping now slipped to 220 in Battle Instance and the Tutorial/Exam sequences.

This could be a huge problem if your correct. I was damn sure Ping Rate was to blame, turns out I’m just cr@p at Naval-Action...

Norfolk nClue  

• Like 1

Rewards ? Mere waste of time. Boasting rights ? Doesn't come with any. 

Herc is worthless now, exp and naval clock can be earned way easier and faster than in tutorial.

Since PvE content is reduced further w every new patch (crafting, damage model...) the only reasons to do tutorial every now and than are boredom and completionism...

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 3:05 PM, Farrago said:

It doesn’t seem to me that many of our most deadly — as in get the most PvP kills — captains are depending on luck to demast. They’ve spent the time to learn how to pick the masts apart. It’s a skill, just not one I like being possible in the game. 

But it requires MUCH less skill with lower ping

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 1

I wish the tutorials would grant a little amount of XP too, on top of exams reward XP.

Some of my returning friends are currently doing those to get some XP to get to bigger boats, and unfortunately some of the exams are just too hard for beginners. What's the point of granting XP on exams that you will pass only once you get enough XP ingame, potentially reaching max rank before passing the final exam.

As for the difficulty, it's just over the top. Not fun nor engaging in the slightest way. The 5th rate roid rage AI really is a pain in the ass and that's about it, and it does not feel like something designed for beginners at all. You might want to consider having "beginner exams" with a "standard AI", and later on, once the player reaches max rank, another set of "advanced exams". This would make sense. Current situation does not...

• 2 months later...

I did the final exam yesterday, and it was not too difficult. I used nearly the way the devs proposed without boarding.

For me the difficulty level is ok, I think even new players with some practice can do it. Though I wouldn't show the solution in NA forum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but you've ruined this game for me. It's not only that final exam, but everything. I've spent about 250 hours by grinding, playing and after the release there is nothing, only lost time. And this exam is impassable... I regret my money and lost time.

• 1 year later...

ive givin up on this... I work and my time is valuable..  I sat for two days straight trying to pass this thing because I am on vacation... I just got back in the game and I can control my ship so well that I could beat Russell Crowe, so its not that... 

this 'exam' is not productive at all, and most of the guys who have completed it said they did with TIME and LUCK...   I refuse to play ball.. I am going to drop this..   also, I was thinking about buying the LEO  while it is on sale but that is off now... I am just disgusted... 

On 3/15/2019 at 7:48 PM, Coco said:

Trying to do this the 'right' way, instead of rage boarding. But seriously, what is this? The other cerb, the one in front, has 40% sails.

image.thumb.png.36ce4b318ebd43e631ef1db89c68898f.png

yeah its really fkked up right now...  not to mention the accuracy at LONG LONG LONG LONG range is like hes 50 meters from you.....