Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

On February 26, 2019 at 9:49 PM, Powderhorn said:

Everyone keeps saying that admin lied.  English is not everyone's first language on here, but, let me clear something up real quick:

Emphasis added.

There was no lie.  There was no intent to deceive.  You cannot lie about there not being an XP wipe if you did not know about it yourself.  There was a reevaluation, and some people will be upset about that.  However, now that I've cleared that up, any post going forward accusing admin of lying about the wipe will be dismissed out of hand.  Talk about why it frustrates you.  Talk about what you think the impact of the decision will be.  However, accusing him of lying is simply false and non-productive.

Game with a ton of negative reviews, can hardly  maintain a population of 600-700 players at peak hours with lord knows how many of those as Alts, desperately making sweeping changes in patches with little clear direction. 

I'm sure there was no intention to allow players to keep their rank and crafting XP from the beginning, but when you can barely keep the players you have interested enough to stay on board you need a carrot to keep the ass( as in donkey/mule) lurching forward. The false promise of keeping rank/crafting XP was it. There was intent to deceive from the beginning, if they were brand new devs maybe I could belive they would make such a mistake. These guys knew better and exactly what they were doing.

I know I will get banned for this, just like being a mod you have to go along with whatever admin says on the subject. But don't assume everyone does not see through the BS.

Edited by Ruthless4u

1 minute ago, Ruthless4u said:

I'm sure there was no intention to allow players to keep their rank and crafting XP from the beginning, but when you can barely keep the players you have interested enough to stay on board you need a carrot to keep the ass( as in donkey/mule) lurching forward. The false promise of keeping rank/crafting XP was it. There was intent to deceive from the beginning, if they were brand new devs maybe I could belive they would make such a mistake. These guys knew better and exactly what they were doing.

That was not a good promise to make in the first place. Games get wiped on release coming out of alpha/beta whatever. That's just what happens when games come out of testing stage. The wipe is a promise saying "hey, our game is in a finished state, from here on you're playing what is essentially our final product), of course patches go on for as long as they can but the wipe is the sacrifice that every game makes to usher in the release. If you're game doesn't require a wipe prior to release can you really say that it's final if the progress made in testing is still valid?

3 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

Game with a ton of negative reviews, can hardly  maintain a population of 600-700 players at peak hours with lord knows how many of those as Alts, desperately making sweeping changes in patches with little clear direction. 

The game is not finished yet... many changes may still be coming... and... I know for a fact that entire clans are waiting very patiently to rejoin the game upon full release. For now we test and deliberate better possibilities. Let us find solutions then let the devs decide what they want or don't want to implement into their game. The players sending all these negative reviews must have become diselusioned some how... I have close to 2000 hours and see no reasons to complain in any way about this game. But that is me... I am patient and calculating by nature, always have been, always will be. I suppose I could see how a player that has been playing a lot and rebuilt many many times would grow tired of testing. Testing in the end just isn't for everyone. This is why many are opting out for now, to join in the fun later when the game is completed, aye?

Lets remember... we are here as testers first. To rate an unfinished game seems a little bit silly to me. I cant give this game a rating yet, at least not an honest rating because its not finished. I am sure many players will return upon release... but warning is due now, they will likely be at a disadvantage to those that stuck with it and know how everything works. After all we have been around for all the changes, yes? Steam ratings for an unfinished game, I would not really consider any of them until after a certain length of time after release date. That is my advice anyway, good or bad, there it is. 

Three cheers for the Frigates and their galante Captains.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Anymn said:

2Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. 3What profit hath a man of all his labor which he taketh under the sun? 4One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. 5The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose. 6The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits. 7All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full: unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again. 8All things are full of labor; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing. 9The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. 10Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. 11There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Ecclesiastes 1

Good wisdom, those that are wise will consider such words, the righteous will rejoice in the ways of wisdom.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

I know I will get banned for this, just like being a mod you have to go along with whatever admin says on the subject. But don't assume everyone does not see through the BS.

Ruthless is jumping from Thread to Thread and is shit-talking everything in the game and the Devs. We shoud be happy to get rid of people like him.

i doubt he is even Playing the game at all. not to mention giving any kind of Feedback about the game or the Patches. Its just waht he does.

Edited by Meraun
  • Like 5

On 2/26/2019 at 4:13 PM, John Sheppard said:

You should know that a lot of the old players are pissed off more than you can possibly imagine and if it comes to it they-we are even prepared to retaliate on purpose

I mean farm the new players extensively to force them to quit and give negative reviews

This is fool hardy and is not in good taste... please guard yourselves and don't leave this moment due to your emotional distress.

I don't think we are losing our xp, I haven't seen that, but what do I know... I am just another player.

Three cheers to the frigates and their gallant Captains.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Routan said:

Oh we will. Admin have allready said it. 

On the the notice on sealclubbing. This is a wargame. So kill what you can also new guys. They either make it ore break.

good Motto to ruin the game!

• Like 3

On 2/26/2019 at 3:38 PM, admin said:

are sail able gifts. If you can sail them they are safe for quite a while. 
First wipe will only touch economy - just like the main posts says

Yep... I think they will go then... but many things are becoming craftable in game so... no sweat aye? :)

I just hope that all that is good shall remain, and all the bad will be done away with, as vague as that is... maybe some of you know what I am saying.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1

I kind of want to set up my crafting base again, grind some reals, and pump out ships for more pew pew - but knowing it will be re wiped in a month or two I dont really feel like putting in the time twice. So I'm stuck with my leftover ships I guess.

Is there any kind of ETA of the big wipe? Or is it advised to not care about the wipe for now as its still many months out, and thus rebuild crafting til then?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Liq said:

I kind of want to set up my crafting base again, grind some reals, and pump out ships for more pew pew - but knowing it will be re wiped in a month or two I dont really feel like putting in the time twice. So I'm stuck with my leftover ships I guess.

Is there any kind of ETA of the big wipe? Or is it advised to not care about the wipe for now as its still many months out, and thus rebuild crafting til then?

I am just assuming that every patch we have now will be a wipe.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I am just assuming that every patch we have now will be a wipe.

gah... hope that stage doesn't take too long then, else people will run out of ships soon

I'd appreciate a little more intel / communication from devs side on this topic

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Liq said:

Its ok mate... players like me will rebuild infrastructure and create things to buy for you... will take some time , but hey, the development is my favorite part, I didn't reach maximum rank until relatively recently... I don't grind, no need for it. I just play to my capacity and that's it. That is it took me around 1000 hours to get to full rank. Not because I am an idiot mind you, I just don't care about ranks.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 2

On 3/16/2019 at 12:29 AM, Routan said:

Oh we will. Admin have allready said it. 

I see where your getting it now... must have missed that somehow... I will need to change my little slogan to...

Three cheers for the Cutters and their gallant Captains.

How can you kick your community's nuts so hard?
It is absolutely unnecessary to wipe progress if there are still people who can play and enjoy this game afterall.

One cannot simply say" 'Cause we want fairness to new players". These players will uninstall anyways if they dont like the game and so will the others when permanently wiping progress such as XP. Also it is a simple and proper way for new players to get carried by more experienced ones.

As usually well done Russian/Ukrainian developers.

Cheers.

Don’t you just feel the love there. I guess some people just do not understand, that the game is in early access. Things were going to change. Not always for the best. But that is why we are testing the game. Players forget that is what we signed up for. I understand where they are coming from, but do not agree with threats or forum trolling. Keep your spirits up devs and produce a game that we all will love.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Jan van den Bosch said:

How can you kick your community's nuts so hard?
It is absolutely unnecessary to wipe progress if there are still people who can play and enjoy this game afterall.

One cannot simply say" 'Cause we want fairness to new players". These players will uninstall anyways if they dont like the game and so will the others when permanently wiping progress such as XP. Also it is a simple and proper way for new players to get carried by more experienced ones.

As usually well done Russian/Ukrainian developers.

Cheers.

i sense racism 🙂

The Wipe is the right way to go! (But they never shoud have said we can keep the XP in the first Place!)

Guess i'm a Wipeteer

Edited by Meraun

This again ? really ?

He has already given the information, he promised rank xp to remain, than told mistake, so it will be wiped. Book knowledge will stay, if he changes his mind, it will also be wiped. This is EA, so no need to discuss, he is determined most of the time, it will change nothing.

After release veterans will be sailing in Le Requin and Hercules in just first few hours, you will see combat news flooding with "captain reversable passed the final exam" "moscal in pink passed the final exam" etc. So clean start is unrealistic, it will not happen. In few hours veterans will be farming noobs at USA / British / Pirate / Spanish capitals with LRQ and Herc and in few days day will be in Bellonas and keep going...

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Aerospace said:

This again ? really ?

He has already given the information, he promised rank xp to remain, than told mistake, so it will be wiped. Book knowledge will stay, if he changes his mind, it will also be wiped. This is EA, so no need to discuss, he is determined most of the time, it will change nothing.

After release veterans will be sailing in Le Requin and Hercules in just first few hours, you will see combat news flooding with "captain reversable passed the final exam" "moscal in pink passed the final exam" etc. So clean start is unrealistic, it will not happen. In few hours veterans will be farming noobs at USA / British / Pirate / Spanish capitals with LRQ and Herc and in few days day will be in Bellonas and keep going...

See your missing something here.....we will also be farming you with the Pandora too.  Just wanted to make sure you correct that.  Honestly though it will be a week and folks will be in 4th rates and some maybe SOL's.  I think back when we had the last wipe we had guys grinding out in a weekend almost all the ranks to rank back up cause they didn't log in and make sure to keep there stuff up to date or only had played on one server and not the other.

• Like 1