Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

13 minutes ago, Neads O'Tune said:

To be fair, Admin never mentioned "ship contracts" ;) You guys just made assumptions

...just to be the smartass here: not true ! :P 

Look at the statements below, made on Page 27:

On 3/5/2019 at 11:47 AM, admin said:

main post updated
all contracts will be wiped

22 hours ago, admin said:

ports later. there is a port management feature coming that will justify wipe

KEEP IN MIND ALL - Contracts will be wiped. This includes SHIP contracts.

(Sorry @rediii had to highlight again :P , no offense mate)

Therefore i turned first mad when he made this statement...

...and later because i spent most of the night to get rid of my 10 ships in contract only to notice after wipe got installed, the contracts are still there

But okay, its a wipe and so many things have to get looked at...maybe they just forgot it or forgot to tell us  that they changed their mind after "my" complaints ... Hahaha

Edited by Sir Max Magic

1 hour ago, Neads O'Tune said:

Not to be a SMARTER arse, but I see no mention of the word "ship"

Alas, this forum does not number its post so i can not refer to a post number, but it is the second to last post on page 27 in which the admin was clarifying a point about ship contracts will be included in the wipe.  So Sir Max Magic is correct.  

I will quote the admin post in my next post so you will see it.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 11:18 AM, admin said:

ports later. there is a port management feature coming that will justify wipe

KEEP IN MIND ALL - Contracts will be wiped. This includes SHIP contracts.

Needs O'Tune here is the post in question. 

And oh yes, to all of those that complained about Sir Max Magic use of cap and bold, although i do not like a lot of it used, i find it very helpful to emphasis key points in a post, letter or what not so the writer can make extra sure the reader sees the more important messages.

Indeed, in this very post by the admin caps were used and to good effect imo. 

What is actually kind of sad is the very thing that was capped letters was not even done per Sir Max. 

Edited by Yehoodi
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Needs O'Tune here is the post in question. 

And oh yes, to all of those that complained about Sir Max Magic use of cap and bold, although i do not like a lot of it used, i find it very helpful to emphasis key points in a post, letter or what not so the writer can make extra sure the reader sees the more important messages.

Indeed, in this very post by the admin caps were used and to good effect imo. 

What is actually kind of sad is the very thing that was capped letters was not even done per Sir Max. 

Thanks mate :)

yw

Had some quirks with the game, got logged off, could not log back in again after several tries, but i think i am good now.  My chat screen went blank and could not se my ships in port but i think i am fine now. 

Edited by Yehoodi
  • Like 1

Stepping back and looking at this wipe I'm not sure if they could have done it worse. Yea the wipe has to occur and if that means players who were testing lose stuff, that's part of the deal. Why spread it out over two months or more though? Why change a trading system already implemented for one we don't even know will work? Why inform players in a manner that leaves more questions than answers. Why refuse to take responsibility for statements and guarantees that were made?

Developers certainly have the right to prepare and implement a wipe any way they want. I don't have any problem with them taking away my pixels. I do take exception with this piecemeal, pulling off of the band-aid. It removes any interest in the game from its players. The attitude this action promotes is one that drives players toward other games and some may never return.

The old trading system wasn't great, we all agreed. However announcing a wipe and then implementing a new one is dicey at best. What if no one likes it? What if it doesn't work? It would seem to me that you shouldn't fling a change as major as this into the cogs and walk away as if its a job well done.

Whats going to happen? When is it going to happen? These are statements that need to be made clear as a bell. Many players rushed to remove ships from auction houses. Selling them at deflated prices or sinking other ships to make room. When a well worded sentence of intention would have prevented misunderstanding. This is what happens when you slowly, painfully pick at a wound, which in this case is the wipe.

For many the statement "we guarantee" is a promise, a hand shake and in this case, a written agreement. Many seek a heartfelt explanation for its reversal. One that should be offered in the sincerest of manner. One presented in wording that makes it clear that it pains developers to go back on this guarantee, this hand shake, this written agreement. Developers will have zero credibility with players until they do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cockeyed Callaway said:

Why spread it out over two months or more though? Why change a trading system already implemented for one we don't even know will work?

The first question answers the second one.

Economy and trading cant be tested when people stll have "everything".

These wipes are made to test exactly that new system.

For many the statement "we guarantee" is a promise, a hand shake and in this case, a written agreement. Many seek a heartfelt explanation for its reversal. One that should be offered in the sincerest of manner. One presented in wording that makes it clear that it pains developers to go back on this guarantee, this hand shake, this written agreement. Developers will have zero credibility with players until they do.

Devs already stated several times, that it was a mistake to promise ranks wont be lost and explained why they made this decision.

And i still dont get why people are so butthurt about it. Feels like no one gives a f*ck when politicians do that every day, but if it happens in a video game they are about to start a revolution before their life ends.

I don't have any problem with them taking away my pixels.

Where is the problem then?

• Like 4

On February 26, 2019 at 6:29 PM, admin said:

People also thought asbestos was good for your house. 
Yes we said it, but the previous proposal was thought to be great (and we defended it to the end) but we now realised that it will make things worse. 
Thus = Full wipe
People on release are buying a new game. They dont give a **** about early access. The game will receive 1000x more impressions from steam on release (because they don't even rotate EA games on main page unless it is is featured). And we cannot send those new users to have non-consensual sex with veterans. Everyone will sail a cutter on day one  (to get to pandora or dlc ships players will have to level up)

It's as simple as this, 

There was never any intent on allowing players to keep rank/crafting XP

Player numbers have been low, in order to keep the handfull of players you had to make a promise they would keep what they earned.

Now that you are getting closer to " release" you finally admit that players will not keep what they earned.

Some of us seen you were dishonest ages ago, just happy you finally came out and said what many knew. That players would not keep what they earned.

You lied to your base, plain and simple no matter how you try and sugarcoat it.

• Like 2

On March 10, 2019 at 2:54 PM, Anne Wildcat said:

When the wipe does come, can we possibly get the ai traders lynxes and cutters back on the sea? It would be nice to capture them to use for trading when everyone is starting fresh. 

Not like you can trust anything @admin says, they can change their mind at any time. So why ask them anything?

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 3:17 PM, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Now people even complain when their valuable ships on the market do not get wiped? Glad I am no developer, I would grow mad at players' logic. You take from them, they rage. You let them keep their things, they rage too... ^^

Best news of the day: Christian became craftable (and Rattlesnake I like too...)!

That will surely save you quite some million reals.

• Like 1

I'm late to the party, but I really despise any wipe of xp. It's true, I grinded completely up in 1 month, but I also did that with the promise in mind that xp were here to stay. It makes no sense for a PvE server to force people to grind again.

But what should I say? Let me quote these old, wise words, and live on.

2Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. 3What profit hath a man of all his labor which he taketh under the sun? 4One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. 5The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose. 6The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits. 7All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full: unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again. 8All things are full of labor; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing. 9The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. 10Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. 11There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Ecclesiastes 1

Edited by Anymn
  • Like 2

theres still The DLC Hercules , La Requin  ,and other ships we will get too. It would not make sense to me anyway to have a tier 5 group with a tier 1 with no way in or out. So OP is gone. And it was way OP'd at the end from a Noob I was in July , And I doubt you will have restrictions of labor ships etc because cutter wont cut it at end game. But they were testing new ships and UI's etc  .now tweaking the economy . BTW if were due for a wipe anyone want 2 Christians to USE , but prove it.

• Like 1