Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

14 hours ago, Wraith said:

I just don't get this assumption though.  The PR nightmare around reneging on a promise to your most loyal users, and the raft load of negative post-release reviews it will generate has to be worse for promotion of the game than making clear on the "release" messaging that new players are buying into a game world that is fully fleshed out with people who've been at it a long time. And again, to make this clear, it's not about the wipe or losing pixels, it's the promise and the breaking of it that's the problem here.

I guess at the core of my assessment is disbelief that there's a huge pool of players out there who haven't already bought the game and who are just waiting around for release. I think we'll see a large bump of returning players who would be super happy to not have to start all over again xp-wise, and instead will come back, see that almost nothing of substance has changed since they left except for a clunkier UI, and abandon it again in a couple months. You more than anyone else knows that this game is not a MOBA or WoWs kind of game which appeals to the drop-in and play crowd... It's ultra-niche, time-intensive, and hardcore nature means that anyone who had interest probably bought it and tried it a long time ago. And the moment they started selling non-cosmetic, game-changing DLC on an EA game? Well...

There is no new market being opened by any content that has been added to the game. It basically is as it always was since EA and anyone who had any interest would have bought it during a prior Steam Sale. And that being true, it makes far more sense to me to make advocates out of your long time players than to make detractors of them trying to retain returning players and the few new buyers you might pick up.

Why dont we just make 2 PvP servers? An "Old World" and a "New World"? Vet wich hate the Wipe can play with all their fancy stuff in the Old World, and new Players and Vets wich preferee the WIpe can switch with a Full Wipe to the new World?

57 minutes ago, Meraun said:

Why dont we just make 2 PvP servers? An "Old World" and a "New World"? Vet wich hate the Wipe can play with all their fancy stuff in the Old World, and new Players and Vets wich preferee the WIpe can switch with a Full Wipe to the new World?

You mean with 50 Players on each server? :D

2 minutes ago, Joernsson said:

You mean with 50 Players on each server? :D

Yeah that was bad. The "New World" was dying slowly years ago just from the alliance system killing off any PvP and meaningful content. I really do not want to go back to those days. If the population of the game ever returns to what it was early 2016 the Developers might open up some more servers then. But for now one server will do just fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meraun said:

Serving servers is not a cheap affair.

Edited by Hači_CZ

@admin you increased the dificulty on group missions, where they to easy before?

I also see we now basicly can’t buy upgrades for dbl. I know it makes those that drops in port more vanuable, and ofc PvP. I though doubt in will have any positive effect on ppl want to go do PvP. We proberbly will see they usual suspect. I honnest to god fear if you keep this up peach server will be bigger than war server. 

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused about the upcoming wipes and changes. I understand the one set for this  week, but what is planned over the next 1-2 months? I'm a bit frustrated that my last few months of successful trading turned out to be for nothing as its all going to be wiped out. But will the economy be set to start trading again or is another wipe or major change coming? Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

main post updated
all contracts will be wiped

Will ports be wiped?  It's hard to test things when some folks don't own ports and can't get ports easily cause of timers.  Not to mention all the currently inactive clans.  The clans that keep there ports will if they are good ports have almost instant money on hand while those with none money making ports will struggle to keep them from going neutral.  I got a feeling a lot of ports will prob go neutral any way so lets just cut the chase and reset them all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Will ports be wiped?  It's hard to test things when some folks don't own ports and can't get ports easily cause of timers.  Not to mention all the currently inactive clans.  The clans that keep there ports will if they are good ports have almost instant money on hand while those with none money making ports will struggle to keep them from going neutral.  I got a feeling a lot of ports will prob go neutral any way so lets just cut the chase and reset them all.

ports later. there is a port management feature coming that will justify wipe

KEEP IN MIND ALL - Contracts will be wiped. This includes SHIP contracts.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, admin said:

ports later. there is a port management feature coming that will justify wipe

I like how efficiently these updates are being made. Please keep up this pace through post-release. 

Do you plan on wiping ports again at release? If so, since you stated that release is right around the corner, can we hold off on a port wipe till the release? Or if the release is expected to occur after the spring then I would not mind. Just basing this off information @admin provided.

1 minute ago, Sir Max Magic said:

...just a moment:

You wanna tell us that ALL of our ships in store will vanish ????

You stated initially that Ships are safe...so whats the reason therefore ??

Relax and just cancel the contacts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

KEEP IN MIND ALL - Contracts will be wiped. This includes SHIP contracts.

11 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

...just a moment:

9 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Relax and just cancel the contacts.

You know most people spent their excess crafting goods and victory marks to build ships...so most people cant cancel the contracts because there docks are full !!

They stored the ships in store...its a complete perfect behavior inside the rules of NA and espeically with how this wipe was announced... :( 

I dont see any reasons if @admin wants us to keep our ships why he NOW decides to DESTROY deliberatly the ones in store ???

I mean, the taxes are already paid and we just increase the capacity of our docks !!! We do this since NA started...

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 1

I mean...we can wipe it all right? They'll be wiped eventually.

If you have 20-30 ships do we people really need more?

I am constantly having trouble with too many ships because I don't lose them quick enough and I can make them faster than I ever lose them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

They stored the ships in store...its a complete perfect behavior inside the rules of NA

Yes, yes. I never assume workarounds will work (heh) through wipes, though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

...just a moment:

He said your ships will be safe, if you sold ships to the store to store them than they aren't exactly your ships any more.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

He said your ships will be safe, if you sold ships to the store to store them than they aren't exactly your ships any more.  

Thats not technically true:

You dont "sell" it to store, you "place" it into store "showroom" and pay a tax for it !!

...or how would you explain that you get your not-sold ships back after they are expired without having to buy them back... :P 

54 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

39 minutes ago, Wraith said:

You know that everything is going to be wiped within a couple weeks?  What does it matter whether you lose a few ships tomorrow? You should be more concerned that your xp and crafting xp will be gone soon. :( 

17 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

But muh pixels!!!

2 minutes ago, Velhelm Von Marrius said:

Dos poor wittle quares! Poof! Bye bye bye

Guys, there is a BIG difference between the complete wipe at release and now a PARTIAL wipe to test the economy !!!

Tomorrow or at Friday, our REALS and ASSETS gets wiped, so we can test the complete new economy...therefore we keep our ships

So when we should keep our ships by purpose to test the changes, why isnt that true for ships being in store ???

Sorry, i dont see the logic here...

Ofc, CONTRACTS has to get wiped because you could otherwise just put SELL - Orders with insanely high prices only to delete them after wipe to get millions back ! Thats a backdoor which had to get closed for reasonable testing :) 

But ships in store are a complete different mechanic because you dont get money back when you delete those

2 hours ago, Sir Max Magic said:

You know most people spent their excess crafting goods and victory marks to build ships...so most people cant cancel the contracts because there docks are full !!

They stored the ships in store...its a complete perfect behavior inside the rules of NA and espeically with how this wipe was announced... :( 

I dont see any reasons if @admin wants us to keep our ships why he NOW decides to DESTROY deliberatly the ones in store ???

I mean, the taxes are already paid and we just increase the capacity of our docks !!! We do this since NA started...

it doesnt matter? Anyhting will be wiped soon anyway! Wahts the point of complaining?

• Like 1

I know this might be off topic but do we realky need knowledge slots and luck with rng loot to gain books? How about ship quality determines # of slots and completing challenges gives you skills to use in those slots. 

Instead of just grinding, you have to complete challenges. For example, take out 10 masts and you get 1.5% more accuracy. Take out the last level of the challenge, let’s say 100 masts and you get 15% accuracy to use in a slot. That way it doesn’t fell like a job to get books but more fun and less repetitive.

Skill should be more important than doing a bunch of pve to unlock slots and being lucky getting the good books

Edited by Simon Cadete

The lesson I think here is, don't try to get around attempts to accurately test and in the process skew the results of a new system.

I mean we are all splitting into separate clans to keep an extra 100k each, but if admin then said that clan warehouse will have to go tomorrow for whatever reason then again, we wouldn't really have  right to complain about that either

1 hour ago, Sir Max Magic said:

Guys, there is a BIG difference between the complete wipe at release and now a PARTIAL wipe to test the economy !!!

Tomorrow or at Friday, our REALS and ASSETS gets wiped, so we can test the complete new economy...therefore we keep our ships

So when we should keep our ships by purpose to test the changes, why isnt that true for ships being in store ???

Sorry, i dont see the logic here...

Ofc, CONTRACTS has to get wiped because you could otherwise just put SELL - Orders with insanely high prices only to delete them after wipe to get millions back ! Thats a backdoor which had to get closed for reasonable testing :) 

But ships in store are a complete different mechanic because you dont get money back when you delete those

The last point is the one that hits it on the head.  There is no way to "store" money in the ships contracts.  Nor is there a way to get money back as no one will have the funds to buy the ships.    So no need to wipe them.  Just let the folks use the 10 rented dock spaces for the time being.  

• Like 1