Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

12 hours ago, staun said:

Ofc you can’t keep books. Make no sence. Fresh start for all. Just wait and see. Yes admin said so, but my guess he will be wiser close to release, and wupti they are gone. 

Expect all to be gone, because thats what happens. So from now and til then, just play the parts you think is fun. No need to try to get anything, because it will be gone.

So just play, have fun, take s break if thats what you need.

Aye what will be, will be.

:)

They have to make a total wipe, Names can stay maybe, but only with players that have been logged in 30 days before  lunch. 

I do think the Pandora is a poor choise for the EA tester, with the new Dlc ships. Though I don’t know it stats. Maybe a 4 rate and make redeem once a weekend. 

But first of all I would just feel truth in what is going to happend. Personally I belive it will be a total wipe.

Edited by staun
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, staun said:

They have to make a total wipe, Names can stay maybe, but only with players that have been logged in 30 before lunch. 

I do think the Pandora is a poor choise for the EA tester, with the new Dlc ships. Though I don’t know it stats. Maybe a 4 rate and make redeem once a weekend. 

But first of all I would just feel truth in what is going to happend. Personally I belive it will be a total wipe.

Whatever happens will be same for all, so whatever am ok with it.

Players should just enjoy what they have for now and have fun.

17 minutes ago, Capt William said:

Hey devs...you guys figure out a way to get us our testbed rewards after the wipe.....I want my Santa Cecilia note & 5 paint chests.🤨

They where never promised after wipe.  That is why we are getting them next/I mean this week when the do the econ wipe since ships aren't being effective by this wipe.  Though I really really do hope they are doing a port wipe too for the econ testing so we can test these new ports and not have them all owned by the same clans owning most of the server with population so low, give every one  chance at a clean slate to test the econ.

31 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

They where never promised after wipe.  That is why we are getting them next/I mean this week when the do the econ wipe since ships aren't being effective by this wipe.  Though I really really do hope they are doing a port wipe too for the econ testing so we can test these new ports and not have them all owned by the same clans owning most of the server with population so low, give every one  chance at a clean slate to test the econ.

They were promised......didnt you read the Important news on the load screen of the testbed?

21 minutes ago, Capt William said:

They were promised......didnt you read the Important news on the load screen of the testbed?

"For the participation in test bed captains will be rewarded with the rare ship - Santa Cecilia (Bloody Hermione) and 5 pain chests on live servers when Testbed finishes. To receive rewards on live servers please fulfill the following goals until test bed closes (expected time 7 days)."

Yes you where promised them after test bed closes which it just did and they said we will get them with the patch this week (econ wipe testing).  

5 hours ago, admin said:

NA is our first game. We never made massive multiplayer games before
This promise stopped making sense, and everyone knows that It is better to launch in the clean slate. 
It is a great litmus test which shown everyone the landsmen who only care about their XP and do not really care about the game long term state.

Quick reminder. The game is in alpha, is in early access and based on these two facts everything might change.

Cant agree more +1

Dont listen to the selfish whiners anymore, they are the minority !!!

Honestly, some of those most vocal complainers, i know ingame and thought they were reasonable gentlemen...may have to change my thoughts about them...

Seriously, i cant hear this "broken promise blablabla" thing anymore !!! :( 

...and most weird thing is that now so many players who were always referring to "dont care, its only pixels", "theres no geargap, only skillgap"  and similar statements,, are now the most vocal ones when Devs decided for VERY good reasons to take away "their" stuff... :P 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2019 at 6:49 PM, admin said:

But if new players buy a new shiny game they dont want to see first rates commandeered by vets against them. I know you understand this

Uh huh.  Using that logic, when we all "get back to max rank in maybe a week or two"... then all the players who buy the game after that are going to be facing first rates commanded by vets against them.  So then we should have XP resets every month, because of all the new people expecting everyone to be on a level playing field.  Why only wipe XP for the first group of new players?

On 2/28/2019 at 12:41 PM, highlandpiper10 said:

i think it should be a complete wipe names and all think how many testers out there have quit this game never to return, the number of dead accounts taking up space on the servers is nuts and when new people come on there will be the same naming issues that all MMO's face "that name is taken"

Players should start being more creative and original in choosing their game names then.

10 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

when in doubt, DLC it out.

I'm not against adding an unlimited amount of purely cosmetic DLCs but ship knowledge DLC would be absolutely ridiculous... might aswell call it World of Sailing Warships, make it free2play and add premium SOLs for 40 bucks a pop that smash any other.

Either they keep ship knowledge and don't wipe it or they remove it completely and permanently. Same goes for books / skill books. Grinding those two out was simply annoying and I don't see myself repeating it, same goes for most people I play with.

Rank xp wipe, despite being advertised otherwise, is fine by me, I understand it would be unfair to have crew for a SOL or 4 Indiamen on day 1... but it really is the limit for me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sir Max Magic said:

Cant agree more +1

Dont listen to the selfish whiners anymore, they are the minority !!!

Honestly, some of those most vocal complainers, i know ingame and thought they were reasonable gentlemen...may have to change my thoughts about them...

Seriously, i cant hear this "broken promise blablabla" thing anymore !!! :( 

...and most weird thing is that now so many players who were always referring to "dont care, its only pixels", "theres no geargap, only skillgap"  and similar statements,, are now the most vocal ones when Devs decided for VERY good reasons to take away "their" stuff... :P 

First of all if you can’t hear the “Broken word” any more maybe not be hear, just a thought.

But it is actually funny. Ppl get banned when they disagree  on the matter of a word, go to hard on his characther, but I see it it is ok to call ppl selfish whinners. Go figur.

Trust me when I say ppl is not thinking abouth there own gain, but as much for the hole game both Pro and con for the wipe.

If admin keep saying clean slate, but only says xp, does that make any sence to you?

All ppl want to feel is they get a straight answer, to know what devs actually want.

They have in the 2 years I player shifted forth an back betewen hardcore and softcore. Now they are on a hardcore mode. I have woundret why. My guess is now, so they can sell ships in both 4,3,2 rate as dlc ships, proberbly not 1 rate.  

I actually would like to know how they see the final game. They say we are close to move it out of EA, so they must now by now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

I'm not against adding an unlimited amount of purely cosmetic DLCs but ship knowledge DLC would be absolutely ridiculous... might aswell call it World of Sailing Warships, make it free2play and add premium SOLs for 40 bucks a pop that smash any other.

Either they keep ship knowledge and don't wipe it or they remove it completely and permanently. Same goes for books / skill books. Grinding those two out was simply annoying and I don't see myself repeating it, same goes for most people I play with.

Rank xp wipe, despite being advertised otherwise, is fine by me, I understand it would be unfair to have crew for a SOL or 4 Indiamen on day 1... but it really is the limit for me.

But would shipknowledge and book not also be unfair? I mean you will be able to level faster have an advantantage in a PvP fight.

52 minutes ago, staun said:

But would shipknowledge and book not also be unfair? I mean you will be able to level faster have an advantantage in a PvP fight.

They should ban veterans from the game when game is released. 

Otherwise it will be unfair. 

Moscal in battle, 3 enemy already without any mast, trying to understand wtf happened. 

Licioni in battle instance, 5 enemy ships already captured, others running upwind with their snows and brigs, Lici behind them. 

Liq in his carro Belle Poulle, circling around 3 enemies, enemy knows it is not gonna be good, 1 is already sinking. 

Nothing will change, u need to ban veterans to make it level ground. It will be only deceivingly level at the start of release, few minutes after start nothing will be level :)

• Like 5

Btw, what will happen when veterans pass final exam and start sailing their Hercules and Le Cancer, how long will it take? 

Combat news will be flooded with players passing final exam. 

11 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

They should ban veterans from the game when game is released. 

Otherwise it will be unfair. 

Moscal in battle, 3 enemy already without any mast, trying to understand wtf happened. 

Licioni in battle instance, 5 enemy ships already captured, others running upwind with their snows and brigs, Lici behind them. 

Liq in his carro Belle Poulle, circling around 3 enemies, enemy knows it is not gonna be good, 1 is already sinking. 

Nothing will change, u need to ban veterans to make it level ground. It will be only deceivingly level at the start of release, few minutes after start nothing will be level :)

Well we could put s nerf on them just for a couple of years👍

2 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Btw, what will happen when veterans pass final exam and start sailing their Hercules and Le Cancer, how long will it take? 

Combat news will be flooded with players passing final exam. 

Well guess we just have to ban acces for vets the first 2 weeks, ore make all new account immune for tag,

Patch 10 wipes we did not see veterans overtake noobs in the early weeks everyone struggled forward at roughly the same pace. Don't be so sure you'll take off running faster than everyone else just because you've played a little longer, the game you're use to isn't the same game you'll play at release.

13 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Patch 10 wipes we did not see veterans overtake noobs in the early weeks everyone struggled forward at roughly the same pace. Don't be so sure you'll take off running faster than everyone else just because you've played a little longer, the game you're use to isn't the same game you'll play at release.

Well I don’ think I played at patch 10. But do think the exp for exame and dlc is different since that time. Now they also for combat medalion can buy bigger ships, so they won’t need Woods ore crafting level to sail in though ships to beat. Do thing they will speed ahead of new players.

• Like 1