Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

12 minutes ago, Neads O'Tune said:

The lesson I think here is, don't try to get around attempts to accurately test and in the process skew the results of a new system.

I mean we are all splitting into separate clans to keep an extra 100k each, but if admin then said that clan warehouse will have to go tomorrow for whatever reason then again, we wouldn't really have  right to complain about that either

I agree on this :P 

But again, Ships in store are different:

There is no fixed number of ships slots allowed for everyone !!!

- some have only 10 slots

- others have all 20

- and some have the additional 10 slots by admirality DLC

So, following this logic, putting ships in store isnt "gaming the game" because number of ships arent determinend !

...instead of number of reals allowed which were set to 50.000 (and 100.000 with Clans, which is indeed gaming the game) :P 

Edited by Sir Max Magic

1 hour ago, Sir Max Magic said:

Ofc, CONTRACTS has to get wiped because you could otherwise just put SELL - Orders with insanely high prices only to delete them after wipe to get millions back ! Thats a backdoor which had to get closed for reasonable testing :) 

But ships in store are a complete different mechanic because you dont get money back when you delete those

3 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

The last point is the one that hits it on the head.  There is no way to "store" money in the ships contracts.  Nor is there a way to get money back as no one will have the funds to buy the ships.    So no need to wipe them.  Just let the folks use the 10 rented dock spaces for the time being.  

Exactly...thank you :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yehoodi said:

The last point is the one that hits it on the head.  There is no way to "store" money in the ships contracts.  Nor is there a way to get money back as no one will have the funds to buy the ships.    So no need to wipe them.  Just let the folks use the 10 rented dock spaces for the time being.  

Actually there are. 30 ships on an alt account, let's make it an endymion, it yields approx 10k if you sell it to the AI shop so in total 300k. I've got 5 alts with SoLs made specifically for that purpose on 3 of them, the remaining 60 ships are ships I actually want to keep - I'll have approx 1.5 million after the wipe, not withstanding the 500k from the clan warehouses, and 250k from the accounts.

If they really wanted to test the economy they'd wipe it all. As it is it's not going to show anything other than I'll be the richest man on the server again right after the wipe..

1 hour ago, Howell Davis said:

Actually there are. 30 ships on an alt account, let's make it an endymion, it yields approx 10k if you sell it to the AI shop so in total 300k. I've got 5 alts with SoLs made specifically for that purpose on 3 of them, the remaining 60 ships are ships I actually want to keep - I'll have approx 1.5 million after the wipe, not withstanding the 500k from the clan warehouses, and 250k from the accounts.

If they really wanted to test the economy they'd wipe it all. As it is it's not going to show anything other than I'll be the richest man on the server again right after the wipe..

Excactly

So why deny "normal" people then the option to store some ships into the store ??? Not everyone have alts or even have 30 slots available on his main...

This restriction doesnt make sense at all

1 hour ago, Howell Davis said:

yep i'm all for it , wipe it all . lets have a clean fresh eco restart. pretty sure it'll show if the new eco system is working correctly or not. BUT i've learned one thing . The normal NA Player is a mad ugly ...uhm dedicated player :D  with hundreds of playing hours. so change might slow the pack down a little but it won't take long and the change will be mastered .

and while i am at it. i think you should use the pve server to test eco and ai stuff. why? because there are a lot of hardcore traders on there . it'll show ya if a system can work or not plus most ppl on there won't care too much if you change things . my perosnal opinion and experience. it's jolly small bunch of ppl , who just play the game , helping each other and laughing at each other if u get sunk against the ai cause ya thought it's JUST the ai .

Edited by BoomBox
  • Like 2

I have but one strategy for the coming month or so, collect and learn books. That is the sole reason for me to log in. As for testing the trading system, why? From what I've seen on the test bed it is strictly distance based. The further you're willing to travel, the more money you will make. Frankly I find this to be an idiotic idea for several reasons. Chief of which, it makes players do the dullest thing possible. Sail for hours on a barren sea. You want to turn new people off from your game? Well this is the ticket. Who in their right mind wants to play a game and twiddle their thumbs for hours? My suggestion...add nuance, not distance.

Secondly, because of the former reason, only people with alt accounts will do it...maybe. You already have these players and their money. How does changing the trading process to favor them help retain new players? Except for spying the only real purpose of have an alt is to do the really dull tasks while you play on your other account. 

Thirdly, you want more people in the game and you think trading will matter to them? Then close down the PVE server and force them to play the game for real. More people logged into the one server will do wonders. Most of the PVE players will find that its not that tough to trade on the PVP server. You don't seem to give a damn about how many players from the PVP server are lost. Why care about the PVE servers player base. What better time to close down the kiddy pool then during a renovation.

• Like 1

noch mal so ca 1-2 Monate????? hallo!!! das geht schon seit Jahren.

gebt einfach das Datum bekannt wann das spiel endlich fertig ist, der release stattfindet und ich weiss das die sachen für die ich monatelang meine zeit gegeben habe auch morgen noch da sind.

und so sprüche wie verwendet eure Permits und vm für schiffe sind dreister hohn. wie soll ich in vier tagen 150 first rates craften. 

eine wirlich gute Idee wäre es gewesen die Möglichkeit zu schaffen die vm´s wieder zurückzutauschen. die 440 000 dbl könnte ich jetzt gut gebrauchen.

Der Beitrag geht jetzt auch noch durch die Zensur? Hallo. 

Ich versteh es nicht, ihr nehmt Geld für das Spiel, irgendwo steht ganz winzig, das sich etwas ändern kann, 

etwas ist gut, das spiel hat nur noch dem namen nach Ähnlichkeit mit dem was ich vor zwei jahren gekauft habe.

ihr verkauft dlc`s, und auch da wird noch eingegriffen. 

nur das datum des release mehr will ich gar nicht und das ist auch nicht zuviel verlangt.

oder gebt bekannt was als nächstes rausgenommem wird so ohne die möglicheit zurückzutauschen. dann sammel ich das gar nicht mehr

330 vm, 15 Permits l Ocean, 13 Santi, 12 Victory, 7 Pavel , 7 Bucentaur, 5 Bellona, 1 Third,  und 40 mio reales und dann gebt ihr den nett gemeinten Tipp, steckt es in schiffe.

An diesem Beitrag gibt es nichts was ensiert werden muss also will ich den gleich sehen.

Die Url  von dem Screenshot nimmt er natürlich nicht, wundert mich jetzt nicht.

Bringt das mit den schiffen mal als Warnung im spiel , ihr verlangt doch nicht allen ernstes das die spieler, neben der zeit die das spiel kostet, was ja egal wäre wenn, nicht jahre umsonst wären, auch noch zeit damit verbtringen irgendwelche foren nach irgendwelchen Infos zu durchsuchen.

wir bekommen kein Geld für die Entwicklung bzw  der hilfe die wir euch durch bug Reports (werden die Überhaupt gelesen) geben.

Nein ganz im Gegenteil wir bezahlen schon: das spiel , diverse dlc´´s.

also hab ich das richtig verstanden: Sind schiffe im broker , masst iht euch auch an die ohne ersatz oder warnungen oder sonst eine Mitteilung  an den spieler diese  einfach rauszunehmen, wie bei schiffen die durch zufall zu gut sind, oder durch einen fehler, die fehlen auch auf einmal oder gehen durch unmögliche Aktionen verloren.

Macht es einfach fertig, möglichst schnell, weil die meisten spieler sind lebensälter und wollen nach der ganzen arbeit für euch, doch noch ein Ergebnis sehen.

nur das releasedatum.

ich glaubs ja nicht: verwendet eure Permits  und Victory marks für schiffe, wir bringen zwar seit Ewigkeiten nicht mehr genug material in die, läden und das abbauen ist auch von den stunden und reals teuer und beim letzten wipe haben wir euch ja auch noch die möglichheit selber labour contracte  herzustellen genommen.

und jetzt schafft ihr es nicht in einer Woche 150 rang 1 schiffe zu bauen das aber schwach. habt doch alle mindestens 20 plätze und 10 in der Auktion, die wir euch nehmen, aber ihr hättet craften können

20 hours ago, admin said:

KEEP IN MIND ALL - Contracts will be wiped. This includes SHIP contracts.

19 hours ago, Sir Max Magic said:

...just a moment:

You wanna tell us that ALL of our ships in store will vanish ????

You stated initially that Ships are safe...so whats the reason therefore ??

19 hours ago, jodgi said:

Relax and just cancel the contacts.

Lol... @admin, are you just kidding us ??

YESTERDAY, you made the above mentionend statement and all Players who had still contracts running were struggling heavily to get them cancelled and to save the ships...

NOW, AFTER the wipe, there are ALL the same ships in store which were there when servers shut down !!!

NO ship contracts cancelled !

Contrary to your statement a few hours ago !!! :( 

...if you had changed ypour mind, why not giving us a hint?

Why making a statement and dont act like this a few hours later?

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

DO YOU KNOW THAT SIZE OF TEXT DOES NOT MATTER AND YOU SHOULD KEEP WRITING IN A NORMAL WAY SO PEOPLE TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY??????!

SAME GOES FOR QUESTIONMARKS!!!!!!!

ALSO, KEEP CALM EVERYTHING WILL GET WIPED SOON ANYWAY

You find that funny, no ?

Dont know why you exaggerating that much...

I work in the marketing industries and highlighting is a proper method to steer readers attention to the most important sentences...

5 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

I work in the marketing industries and highlighting is a proper method to steer readers attention to the most important sentences...

I thought that was common sense. You learn something new every day. 🤣

10 minutes ago, Zlatkowar said:

I thought that was common sense. You learn something new every day. 🤣

Obviously not...otherwise some people wouldnt be upset when you structure your comments so people who dont want to read the whole text, gets the most important parts on a glimpse

...btw letter casing is basic to grab attention :) 

and ofc we ALL want to grab attention with our comments...why would we post otherwise :P 

But to please @rediii which i respect the most, i will reduce the amount of "grabbing"...just for you mate :) 

But can we please get back on topic now ?

Why did @admin a statement about wiping ship contracts, and didnt acted like this few hours later ? :( 

Could had saved me and many people i know some headaches and a lost night... 

Edited by Sir Max Magic

39 minutes ago, rediii said:

DO YOU KNOW THAT SIZE OF TEXT DOES NOT MATTER AND YOU SHOULD KEEP WRITING IN A NORMAL WAY SO PEOPLE TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY??????!

SAME GOES FOR QUESTIONMARKS!!!!!!!

ALSO, KEEP CALM EVERYTHING WILL GET WIPED SOON ANYWAY

Konečně nějaká změna textu na forum. Už se mi to všechno splývalo a začínal jsem se ztrácet.. :-) 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

You find that funny, no ?

I do, and i am not the only one. Big wipe is on the way, why so serious?

35 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

I work in the marketing industries and highlighting is a proper method to steer readers attention to the most important sentences

Reading small prints is the way to counter those pesky marketing tricks.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rediii said:

Personally I rather read texts without marketing stuff behind them but that might be because i'm a technician :) 

Cool, me too studied first mechanical engineering (in Braunschweig btw.) before i went to the dark side of the moon...

...all fine, i was really upset because i didnt slept much this night, trying to store all my excess ships in contracts... :P ...will reduce it a bit

@rediii, @Sir Max Magic

From the project Manager point of view:

• The technician is the one who takes a bike and spend all his working time to make a motor bike from it.
  • The commercial is the one who spends all  his working time selling the motor bike and adds so many accessories on it that the motorbike will never be ready on time
  • The lawyer is the one who should put oil on the chain, but in fact just put paper below the motor bike location, to recover the oil that nobody will never spray.
  • The worker is the one who bikes (but nobody can trust him)

So, all agree. And no one sleeps in peace. :P :)

Edited by Eleazar de Damas
  • Like 1

Now people even complain when their valuable ships on the market do not get wiped? Glad I am no developer, I would grow mad at players' logic. You take from them, they rage. You let them keep their things, they rage too... ^^

Best news of the day: Christian became craftable (and Rattlesnake I like too...)!

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 4