Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - Port interface and usability feedback

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, Liq said:

Can we please get the option to cut FPS when in port, just like we get the option to cut max fps in battle / OW ?

7Kx56PY.jpg

Only one char was in OW, rest in Port. RIP my cpu

CQv0CK3.jpg

+1000

CPU + GPU are consuming/wasting just too much energy when they usually should be almost idle.

Overall I like the new UI and once I got the hotkeys memorised everything works rather fluenty.

My biggest problem at the moment is that a lot of different items use the same icons because they are in the same class. With a full warehouse that is not as big of a problem because I will use the search bar anyway. For smaller or less crowded inventorys, adding small texts to the icons in question would go miles for ease of use. The screenshot was taken in 1080p and still easily readable at only 60% of the original resolution so I think for most resolutions the small font size should not be an issue.

I made little mockup to clarify the suggestion.

image.png.cf76ed53b4a4f10f4969f9818df9cc19.png

Tell me what you think guys! :)

5 minutes ago, Joernsson said:

Or make it like in e.g. Ark Survival where you have a button in your inventory to toggle on/off tooltip.

Great Idea!

Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

Overall I like the new UI and once I got the hotkeys memorised everything works rather fluenty.

My biggest problem at the moment is that a lot of different items use the same icons because they are in the same class. With a full warehouse that is not as big of a problem because I will use the search bar anyway. For smaller or less crowded inventorys, adding small texts to the icons in question would go miles for ease of use. The screenshot was taken in 1080p and still easily readable at only 60% of the original resolution so I think for most resolutions the small font size should not be an issue.

I made little mockup to clarify the suggestion.

image.png.cf76ed53b4a4f10f4969f9818df9cc19.png

Tell me what you think guys! :)

Indeed.

Or make it like in e.g. Ark Survival where you have a button in your inventory to toggle on/off tooltip.

1 minute ago, admin said:

It works great for short names but will have troubles with longer names for items (especially for longer words in german for example)

Then we surely need different icons for each single item.

1 hour ago, admin said:

It works great for short names but will have troubles with longer names for items (especially for longer words in german for example)

So the initial example can be shortening names. British Rig Running -> British Rig R. etc.

Or can be something like below,  a solid name on picture, maybe on a bit washed out picture. 

Reality is we need to see the names, pictures are nice but names are more important. Like you have 10 books and you have to hover on each to understand which one is the one you need etc.

* I also think that there may be some colour coding around boxes, colour on names or numbers.

Like for expample;

Repairs - Brown

Trade Goods - Blue

Books - Green , etc. 

Hold.jpg

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 13

Trade window specific:

I dislike the current trade windows, but I think this was an issue before also but I just did not notice it as often because it was easier to hit the boxes in the trade window with items I wanted to trade. For som reason I often replace items unwillingly, especially when I'm in a hurry. And then when I try to place them far away (lower right corner)  they are not accepted and I have to repeat. Must be the gridlocks are not activated yet or something, but if my blood sugar is low when this issue arises = 😡 

I would like an auto arrange function for the stuff we drag and drop in the trade window. I should be able to drop a stack/item where ever in that trade window and it should automatically just line up. If I drop a new item over and old item, it should just be added to the "trade line up" - It should not replace what I have already placed in the trade line up.
If we need to remove something we should click and drag it out of the trade line up and back into the hold/warehouse or it could be an option to remove by right click it.

Talking about trade window...

Why can we drag/drop warehouse items straight into the trade window but if we want to trade ships we have to right-click them for chosing 'send to trade' ? Would be simpler if we could drag/drop ships too.

And if you split a stack of e.g. hull repairs... the original stack remains 'selected' and when you want to drag/drop the new stack into your hold or the trade window you often move both stacks by accident.

Edited by Guest

@admin is it possible to add color classification for items (icons)? Frame around images would be nice. Background color*

Guns - Red Frame

Repairs - Green Frame

Mods - Yellow Frame etc...

right now everything is just plain and looks the same. More icons would be nice too.

Example. 

HHUXsyT.jpg

Edited by Wind
  • Like 4

@admin remove item names. Only display them when mouse hovers over the icon. Let people memorize and add more icons. Names under icons is a silly idea. Does Diablo 3 have names under everything? Why not use what is already has been researched for you?

Edited by Wind

8 hours ago, Christendom said:

@admin the inconsistency between option screens is annoying.

While claiming a mission reward...

f98ea9f3274fd672cb90cbe5379f1d89.png

9275b0f7f6d9c6a6f741a3f0ec39449a.png

Claim is on 2 opposite ends.

it was done on purpose

players (too often) were clicking and accepting rewards too early. This switch removes such mistakes completely. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Names instead of icons should be a choice. The current icon only UI is a complete waste of time and in my opinion names should always be there. There’s no reason whatsoever I should have to mouse over five icons that look exactly the same to see what they are. 

Just give us a list view for all interface screens, and ffs make the UI elements user scaleable so those of us that multi screen play can dial up or down the size of UI elements on the fly.

there eventually will be unique icon for every item. or at least some id system (rarity or short name). Drawing them requires time.

• Like 8

Port UI feedback

Positive

• Sorting by columns is handy
  • Being able to drag and drop items is helpful.
  • Its useful that the layout has memory and that the window size and picture is presented as it was last sized.

Improvements

• Icons should be smaller, or configurable to smaller or text only option.
  • Many pictures are not necessary and take up too much space.
  • Animated background picture is unnecessary and not functional.  If it showed the OW world port activity it would be useful. Currently it serves no purpose and could be a static picture, or a colored or textured background.
  • The borders of the windows are too wide.
  • Text is too large.  Rows and columns are too large.  Users should be able to stretch out the Shop - Resources - Trade and see many more rows. The options/settings should allow for configuring a much finer display.
  • Window configuration is too limited, should be able to size the windows smaller, and larger. Example: the Contracts window will stretch out to show 3.5 contracts only, I should be able to size it to show all 10 contracts.

In summary it would be a huge improvement if we could arrange, and size, the windows such that much more information is displayed at once, rather than a mixture of overlapping windows showing thick borders, big icons, large text and non-functional pictures/animations.

• Like 4

@adminThis may have been mentioned before....   Porting into another town takes the most important currency in the game, daballoons. If you have maxed out the number of ships you can have in your docks then you spend twice as much daballons than a person who hasn't maxed out there ships if your trying to move the ship. 10 to teleport to the ship and unload repairs, (now you can't teleport the ship because your on it to unload it), 10 to teleport out of town so that you can get off your ship(can't buy cutter since you are maxed out on your ships), 10 to teleport back and move the ship, 10 to teleport to where you sent the ship. (this all assumes that you only have one ship in that port)

It doesn't happen often that you only have one ship in a port while having maxed out your ships but it does happen.

I suggest that the teleporting of ships mechanic be changed so that you can teleport the ship while still on it as your main.

I got 2 chest from a mission ... and I opened one in my WH ... and ... didn't notice what I got ... beause the were no message and the rewards "disappeared" in the hold of my WH ...

Thesecond chest I opened in the hold of one of my ships and I could see what I got.

so my request is to get

1. an proper message of the loot in the opened chest

2. the possibility to drag the loot from this message window into my ship hold, my WH or into the CWH

would be great and handy

• Like 1

I have some suggestions for Fleet and Navy windows. Items with star in the front are the important ones.

(1) Player info can be clicked and shows most information about you. Your PVE/PVP kills etc.

(2) Fleet ships show 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 on upper corner.

* (3) Ship trim, description to be added in the area. ( Brest Refit +%10x -%2y) 

* (4) Skill book information is added below permanent upgrades. So you can check time to time in OW sailing.

* (5) Perk to be clickable and shows your perks.

* (6) Currently auctioned ships shows first, makes no sense. Order should be Docked > Auctioned > Not Sold. Docked / Auction / Not sold words can have colour code, brown needs repairs, green good to sail, red auction, etc.

(7) A good feature should be sort by Name or Class. Some times on Navy Screen, my double clicks to select a ship does not work properly.

Suggest 1.jpg

Suggest 2.jpg

• Like 2