Game-Labs Forum

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

admin

29 minutes ago, Gott365 said:

My idea to simply solve this "YOLO mentality" would be making the DLC ships redeemable every week instead of everyday. You could even go further and make every player ship capturable, but thats not the point.

I think those who bought the DLCs should have as easy access to ships as we have, however not too easy.

I think the best solution is to give the guys who has bought the DLC a blueprint requiring crafting lvl 0 to build and and a lvl 1 shipyard with ONE set of redeemable resources for them to build whichever version they'd like for their first build. From then on it should be a crafted ship like any other, but still untradeable ship.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, admin said:

Hotfix will be deployed on the 9th August

• Slight buff to 4lb and 6lb damage

So now, the canons and carronades characteristics are:

Canons_zps1dktviia.jpg

Edited by Aquillas

Why not just allow any amount of overloading? Just punish the player by making the ship extremely slow?

0% cargo: Normal speed
50% cargo: 5% slower
100% cargo: 10% slower
110% cargo: 50% slower
150% cargo: 100% slower (a.k.a. immovable)

Just now, Percival Merewether said:

I think those who bought the DLCs should have as easy access to ships as we have, however not too easy.

I think the best solution is to give the guys who has bought the DLC a blueprint requiring crafting lvl 0 to build and and a lvl 1 shipyard with ONE set of redeemable resources for them to build whichever version they'd like for their first build. From then on it should be a crafted ship like any other, but still untradeable ship.

Would never have bought it if it required that. First of all, and after so many hours and years playing all my ships were built by others or, better, crafted as thank you tokens or simply captured from the enemy. The DLC simple "removed" the need for a fence to fix me. And by that I say, it fixed a lot of solo play - which whether you want or not is the majority of players. e.g. login during the weekend, sail and fight during a nice afternoon. Logoff.

But I totally agree on the "special woods" being readily available to build it.

I am not sailing the DLCs for the moment being. Waiting sitting on my hands watching the evolution. But hat's my own decision, and mine alone. I rather play a sim than a gear based mmo. Gladly I still can play other ships and go roving with the gang.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gott365 said:

Lets be fair, if you bought the DLC(s) and go for PVP you cannot lose anything apart from some money for cannons/repairs, but you could gain much much more in PVP marks. Those people who get raided, who have to put a lot of their own resources into their ships, they simply cannot gain anything, but have everything to lose.

What if they made economy a bit lighter? Easier/Faster to craft new ships.

To think that you can fix an OP 6th rate that only has an 80 BR and that can hug a 4th rate to death without fear of being boarded, by buffing other 6th rate ships is ........ you better fill in the blank yourself because I don’t want to be banned from the forums.

Really???? This is how you fix the huge mistake that is the La Requin? Without fixing it’s BR and ability to have over 300 crew all you have done is make all 5th rate ships and lower a little less powerful by buffing all 6th rates. 

All you had to do is adjust the ship that was the problem. Today I am shaking my head in disbelief that this happened. A very sad day for this game.

Edited by Old Crusty
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gott365 said:

Still doesn´t solve the problem, that DLC buyers face no risks...

The only difference between Crafted and DLC is the cost of the basic ship and gold is not a problem for most players.

And  DLC is only 2 small specialized small ships. 

The DLC buyer still faces losing cannon, mods,crew, repairs etc. (the mods are what cost in this game, not the ships especially of this size).

And the DLC buyer tends to be a fighter rather than a capital hugger so he takes bigger risks anyway.

Edited by Crow

8 minutes ago, Crow said:

The only difference between Crafted and DLC is the cost of the basic ship and gold is not a problem for most players.

Exactly, most players. What about the newcomers (we have some, believe it or not)?

The DLC buyer faces losing cannon, mods,crew, repairs etc. (the mods are what cost in this game, not the ships of this size).

The crafter doesn´t? Don´t you think crafted ships need cannons, crew and mods aswell? Or do you sail only ships without cannons or mods?

And the DLC buyer tends to be a fighter rather than a capital hugger so he takes bigger risks anyway.

And still: The DLC buyer has no risk (yet...I have hope) apart from losing a ship, which he can replace for free the next day. I guess you´re right, most crafters (including myself) are able to do that aswell, but again, most...

And the ship itself IS the advantage, the redeemable everyday part only makes it that problematic imo.

Edited by Gott365

14 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

Without fixing it’s BR and ability to have over 300 crew all you have done is make all 5th rate ships and lower a little less powerful by buffing all 6th rates. 

7th and 6th rates were buffed - not to the contrary. The 5th rates remained where they were. You are saying something different. You are saying 5th rates were nerfed. We announced that we will buff all 7th rates and 6th rates quite a while ago.

The 7th and 6th rates were not as good as we wanted them to be. Maybe you wanted them to be somewhere else, but remember there are thousands of opinions here. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gott365 said:

Exactly, most players. What about the newcomers (we have some, believe it or not)?

The crafter doesn´t? Don´t you think crafted ships need cannons, crew and mods aswell? Or do you sail only ships without cannons or mods?

And still: The DLC buyer has no risk (yet...I have hope) apart from losing a ship, which he can replace for free the next day. I guess you´re right, most crafters (including myself) are able to do that aswell, but again, most...

This game is for the 10 - 90% of players. It has to be.

Its not for the best 10 % and its not for the worst 10%.

This Devs are creating for the majority not the minority.

That how games work.

This game is moving the right way and the devs are tweaking stats as we speak, so lets test them.

8 minutes ago, Gott365 said:

You can capture NPC 6th rates and 5th rates for free a lot more often than DLC buyers can redeem their vessel. Thus if you use captured ships (some of them can be quite good) you also have no risk apart from losing the ship that you can replace for free IMMEDIATELY (not the next day). 

• Like 2

Just now, admin said:

You can capture NPC 6th rates and 5th rates for free a lot more often than DLC buyers can redeem their vessel. 

my problem is that once more DLC ships are added, people won't need to buy crafted ships anymore, they'll just keep redeeming ships only buying cannons from market.

captured ships don't replace crafted ships, DLC ships do though.

4 minutes ago, admin said:

You can capture NPC 6th rates and 5th rates for free a lot more often than DLC buyers can redeem their vessel. Thus if you use captured ships (some of them can be quite good) you also have no risk apart from losing the ship that you can replace for free IMMEDIATELY (not the next day). 

DLC ships always have 3 permanent slots

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Now, don't poke at the religious anti-DLC narrative.

:P

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Excuse me admin, but if you are trying to say, that (some) captured NPC ships are able to compete with herc or requinn, then you more or less completely lost your sense on the game.

6 minutes ago, Crow said:

This game is for the 10 - 90% of players. It has to be.

Its not for the best 10 % and its not for the worst 10%.

This Devs are creating for the majority not the minority.

That how games work.

The problem you´re addressing is that the majority atm consists of players, who have played for a long time, and thus have earned/stored lots of money and stuff...

Just now, qw569 said:

DLC ships always have 3 permanent slots

But most people are making out that these slots are not used and that people are using them as YOLO ships with little cost. Without utilizing mods these ships are not as OP as people make out and when you use the mods they are OP but then they become not so much YOLO ships as the mods are not cheap.

6 minutes ago, Archaos said:

But most people are making out that these slots are not used and that people are using them as YOLO ships with little cost. Without utilizing mods these ships are not as OP as people make out and when you use the mods they are OP but then they become not so much YOLO ships as the mods are not cheap.

• You can capture dozens (might take max 10 mins per ship) of free NPC ships per day. Assuming you know a good hunting spot and have a boarding fitted vessel (as NPCs cant counter boarding properly). Why no-one used YOLO free captured NPC ships before?
  • Some people prefer convinience  and might not play all if they dont have a ship. Would you prefer yolo opponents or no opponents?

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I don't belive that. I have dedicated Le Requin and Hercules for RvR. The upgrades I have on those ships are not random and I have had 4/3 Hercules and I still have a 4/3 Le Requin that I redeemed. 

10 minutes ago, Gott365 said:

The problem you´re addressing is that the majority atm consists of players, who have played for a long time, and thus have earned/stored lots of money and stuff...

and now you get free ships, which you can make tons of marks on with little risk if you choose, just reinforces inflation.

every ship takes mods and cannons are cheap. If you think there isn't an advantage there then you must be fine with requin completely dominating PBs and Shallow patrol battles.

Edited by Slim McSauce

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

and now you get free ships, which you can make tons of marks on with little risk if you choose, just reinforces inflation.

every ship takes mods and cannons are cheap. If you think there isn't an advantage there then you must be fine with requin completely dominating PBs and Shallow patrol battles.

I think you didn´t get my opinion right, mate: There is TOO MUCH advantage ALREADY.

Ofc I´m NOT fine with them completely dominating, hell, that´s why I´m so eager to make admin nerf them xD