Game-Labs Forum

Patch 23: Updated Tutorial, Special ship and new UI teaser.

admin

59 minutes ago, Chug said:

The way this works in game right now, I think might need to be changed. You have it set, so if you use your 3 "cancellations" you can then no longer drop missions at all. So if i have 3 combat missions outside my capital and then want to go do hostility missions you cant pick them up as your stuck with your 3 combat orders and you would have to do these first, even if they were in terrible spots that would get you killed.

Perhaps changing it so hostility missions have there own separate "cancellations"  would work and also allow us to have 3 combat/fleet missions plus 3 hostility missions (or 1-2) at same time would solve the problem.

Easy solution for the time being: take a basic cutter, enter the mission, turn around and flee, leave ASAP. Mission failed but done. :) 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

Another thing: After the endurance exam you get stuff. I claimed it, but didnt get the ship that was announced, bug? @admin

You get the rattle note for general exams, Hercules and naval clocks are rewarded for the final exam

chains are totally useless, remove them.

the ''increased damage'' isn't so increased (from 100 to 75%, before patch 100 to 80%)and new exploit is waiting enemy finish his chains and then call friends to join battle...just happened

or simply, gank fest patch.  3 vs 1 is 12 chain rounds vs 4 chain rounds

Minimal OW speed against the wind has slightly increased - nope, it's doubled.  before patch was 3kn now 6-7 and 15-16kn at 30° until 60° (i like going faster in OW but this speed isn' t intended one)

20180419154258_1.jpg

20180419154429_1.jpg

Edited by huliotkd

1 minute ago, huliotkd said:

the ''increased damage'' isn't so increased (from 100 to 75%, before patch 100 to 80%)and new exploit is waiting enemy finish his chains and then call friends to join battle...just happened

You should try to shoot at closer ranges than before
Chain damage was literally DOUBLED. Maybe you are shooting from too far. It does not do much damage from 600m and further.

• Like 3

Tutorials are bad. Really bad. AI is cheating like there is no tomorrow. Endurance exam is confusing since you don't know that second ship will spawn. Final exam is worst of all. I went with boarding immediately and what do I find? AI cerb had double loaded! Shame, shame, shame...

And there is no way new guy can finish these tutorials. I have 1000+ hours and I struggled with some of them

Edited by Zoky

1 minute ago, huliotkd said:

or simply, gank fest patch.  3 vs 1 is 12 chain rounds vs 4 chain rounds

Minimal OW speed against the wind has slightly increased - nope, it's doubled.  before patch was 3kn now 6-7 and 15-16kn at 30° until 60°

One chain hit did 5% sail damage,so they are not useless. 

2 minutes ago, Zoky said:

Tutorials are bad. Really bad. AI is cheating like there is no tomorrow. Endurance exam is confusing since you don't know that second ship will spawn. Final exam is worst of all. I went will boarding immediately and what do I find? AI cerb has double loaded! Shame, shame, shame...

AI never cheats. it just plays well and uses yards well. 
But we tested all of them. Our artists from other projects with no experience with NA were able to pass the final after several tries. 

• Like 6

Just now, Przemo said:

@admin i was almost sunk by the AI in Demasting mission. New players may be discouraged by dying in tutorial. Take AI cannons away or give some repairs on players ship.

https://gyazo.com/5718f16ecc780c6afa41e993e39c95f5

Please try to pass the tutorial boss in Dark souls on the first try and come back to me. Tutorials must be a challenge because they prepare you for harsh OW.

• Like 8

I think the tutorial is pretty good, although it could prove very tough for an inexperienced player: maybe thats a good thing! I think letting people coach each other in the tutorial could be very good though.

Good looking patch so far.

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

is this thing tradeable? People will just delete their alt and pass tutorial over and over for 4% speed

Tutorial completion is tied to the account (on the server). You cannot get rewarded a second time. These are very very rare items (ship and clock)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suppenkelle said:

Easy solution for the time being: take a basic cutter, enter the mission, turn around and flee, leave ASAP. Mission failed but done. :) 

yes, this would solve the problem for the time until a better solution Suppe ... but why should I pay with my lifetime for a wrong way of development?

I will F11 it every day and will not sail for useless PVE missions ... :mellow:  

• Like 1