Game-Labs Forum

Patch 19: Mega Patch with new patrol missions, new hostility, victory marks for small clans, and other changes.

admin

24/7 open battles at carezone area are not good. 

1.  its just one circle so you send 1 player in and the other can almost spawn ontop of the victim and kill him in no time - how will the victium get reinforced in time?
  2. if you take a small ship and join a battle nobody will care because the BR is almost even.
  3. The carezones are so huge that some areas are not really protected but because chances for AI ships is higher there people fool themselves and make them an easy target.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

Attacking in safe zone = risk. If you want safety, remain in line and stand still or attack NPC only in capital area or just do missions in reinforcement.

Fools always will die no matter what. Now it's because they attacked some NPCs, later it will be because they accidently left the safe zone, later it will be because they target enemy players and get killed. 

With the reinforcement system, you can call at least for help in nation chat instead of battle closed after 3 minutes. At Mortimer and KPR players would join these battles every 5-10 minutes making them more interesting.

I think that now people will hunt NPC fleets outside safe zones, since battles close faster.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

@admin Patrol Missions are really fun and a good idea but 2 things:

1. Joining the winning side / ganks should be discouraged more. Give the lower BR side reward and damage for mission multiplier, please.

2. Shallow patrol mission should be only 10k damage since 6-7th rates have alot lower broadside weight and hp.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kubrat said:

I didn't ask for it but have wanted it for a long time.  This measure is designed to counter the gank teams that prey on low level players (or out-matched players , same thing) within reinforcement zones.   Now, if people like that attack players (or more likely crash a AI battle a low level player has already started) then nation players can come to the rescue.  What is unrealistic about that?  The unrealistic part was putting a limit on the ability to join.

Gankers will have to work a little bit harder to 'harvest' PVP points, hell, they might even have to fight players at their own level, wouldn't that be a fine thing.

The problem is that the gankers who prey on players in the safe zone will just bring larger numbers, so what starts out as a lone player attacking an AI suddenly becomes a 25 vs 25 and I can bet you the gankers will come more prepared for the fight rather than the defenders who will be a random pick up group of people in the area.

You used to get these type of battles outside the nations capitals and the attackers usually always had the advantage as they came organised. 

I could agree with the system if battles in the safe zone remained open for the nation who's safe zone it was, but for it to remain open for attackers and defenders only leads to huge ganks with fleets hiding in instances waiting for enough defenders to enter.

All that will happen now is these players will most probably stop playing as there is more risk now playing in the safe zone than outside it.

4 hours ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

@admin Patrol Missions are really fun and a good idea but 2 things:

1. Joining the winning side / ganks should be discouraged more. Give the lower BR side reward and damage for mission multiplier, please.

Maybe only allow joining a side if its new BR won't exceed the other side's BR by the amount of your ship's BR (or x2)?  (or if you want to join a particular side wait until other side has enough BR?) Might create a meta, though. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

I'm really not a fan of the hidden names and no chat. Makes things really complicated with clan to clan alliances and it's just annoying overall. Hiding the ship name though is kind of interesting but i'd like to see the hidden player names and no chat feature reverted. 

Edited by Aventador
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aventador said:

I'm really not a fan of the hidden names and no chat. Makes things really complicated with clan to clan alliances and it's just annoying overall. Hiding the ship name though is kind of interesting but i'd like to see the hidden player names and no chat feature reverted. 

No alliances.  Kill all!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Thonys said:

battle report: feedback on hostility raising.

\

al least:  4 same clan members in a hostility mission group gives a multiplier 2x in this scenario. (total missions reduced by half , where a completed raise hostility  is 6 missions total)

hostility points have not changed

devs only changed how enemies spawn in missions

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Archaos said:

All that will happen now is these players will most probably stop playing as there is more risk now playing in the safe zone than outside it.

More likely experienced players will farm fleets in quite places outside safe zones. Newbies are the ones that will probably quit after being mass ganked in safe zones (but they usually do missions more than farming NPCs for books and missions are 100% safe now)

Edited by victor

19 hours ago, Aventador said:

Perhaps if the person replies to a chat request, their name is shown, so you can "hail an unknown ship" passing by and if they choose to reveal themselves they can.

Its a game after all and friendly chats are good, plus ships would often hail each other in passing.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, VonVolks said:

Perhaps if the person replies to a chat request, their name is shown, so you can "hail an unknown ship" passing by and if they choose to reveal themselves they can.

Its a game after all and friendly chats are good, plus ships would often hail each other in passing.

this x100

• Like 2

On 11/03/2018 at 11:49 AM, Archaos said:

The problem is that the gankers who prey on players in the safe zone will just bring larger numbers, so what starts out as a lone player attacking an AI suddenly becomes a 25 vs 25 and I can bet you the gankers will come more prepared for the fight rather than the defenders who will be a random pick up group of people in the area.

You used to get these type of battles outside the nations capitals and the attackers usually always had the advantage as they came organised. 

I could agree with the system if battles in the safe zone remained open for the nation who's safe zone it was, but for it to remain open for attackers and defenders only leads to huge ganks with fleets hiding in instances waiting for enough defenders to enter.

I think you are inventing trouble where none exists.  The home nation will always have an advantage in such a  situation.  If what you described was going to happen, it would already be happening.

On 3/9/2018 at 1:09 PM, Ink said:

We changed reinforcement zones rules for testing. Battles use positional entry and greatly help defenders to punish the hostiles.

You mean you changed it so attacking OW fleets is safer outside the reinforcement zone?

While it brings us a lot of PvP marks to gank n00bie nations in their safe zone and when they try to go outside to get a battle that closes after the usual 2-3 minutes. It´s only going to hurt the server population further with the endless open battles in the "safe zone" and punish any new player.

Seems the development keep focusing on the vocal voice of a small group. And while we gain from it in our nation at least, it's just not sustainable.

On 3/10/2018 at 9:02 PM, Trashed Privateer said:

Sounds like goal is achieved = more players outside safe zone.

On paper yes, reality is a tad more detailed since it´s not a static pool.

One group will go to some remote far away place for OW fleets. The second group that includes new games will just quit the game.

21 hours ago, SKurj said:

Can we get more clarity on ROE changes in reinf zone?  Some are saying battle stays open for enemy players too.

Unless it's inside the capital area, as in the very small inner circle of the reinforcement zone it stays open forever.

Specially outside a nations prime time it´s a free lunch :D

• Like 1

On 7.3.2018 at 3:27 PM, admin said:
  • Angle importance on penetration slightly increased (need more testing) to provide more options to control incoming damage into hull

Its very noticeable. Had a fight where I couldnt penetrate a Bucentaure (live oak white oak no other thickness mods) with 32 carros while being in boarding range because I had not a perfect angle on him (kinda hard when you are in a 5th rate).

Also in 1st rate portbattle it felt like everything below 42pds just bounce most of the time at medium distance.

I think big ships are too hard to penetrate while small ships are too easy to penetrate even at crazy angles.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, VonVolks said:

Great idea +1

Would be nice to have flags in OW so you could see the nation as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Its very noticeable. Had a fight where I couldnt penetrate a Bucentaure (live oak white oak no other thickness mods) with 32 carros while being in boarding range because I had not a perfect angle on him (kinda hard when you are in a 5th rate).

Also in 1st rate portbattle it felt like everything below 42pds just bounce most of the time at medium distance.

I think big ships are too hard to penetrate while small ships are too easy to penetrate even at crazy angles.

The only use of angulating a 5th rate is for being a more tiny target, with more risk for your masts.

Even 6pd balls can penetrate an angulated teak / white oak Surprise... :(

There is no more use for light frigates in battles if a 3rd rate ship is in enemy line, especially Bellonas.

You can only shoot sails and crew, so that you will make no mark. 

Edited by Eleazar de Damas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eleazar de Damas said:

The only use of angulating a 5th rate is for being a more tiny target, with more risk for your masts.

Even 6pd balls can penetrate an angulated teak / white oak Surprise... :(

There is no more use for light frigates in battles if a 3rd rate ship is in enemy line, especially Bellonas.

You can only shoot sails and crew, so that you will make no mark. 

We need less accurate guns. With current accuracy it's easy to pin a 6th rate from 500 meters, it wasn't like this. You could nail a few balls from that range but not an entire broadside with pinpoint accuracy 

On 11-3-2018 at 6:17 AM, Sailor said:

hostility points have not changed

devs only changed how enemies spawn in missions

yes i saw it ,

but the spawn distance can also be reduced a bit, the distance is just to big,  if you want to make a battle line [you are attacked before you have your line in position ]] ..

also, 

like i sad.. (in my post where you refer to) it was a testing environment (simulated ) for small clans [ like the topic.. from admin,what was telling.. { {  hostility /  for small clans } }  ]

it  was not a successful test..it needs a revamp and has to be looked over again.

and / or something else:[perhaps suggestion @admin ]

the spawn of the ships when going into battle (missions) is horizontal at the moment..(always)

also a possible spawn can be the vertical  line spawn in more open waters, instead of always the horizontal spawn...

that  spawn (hostility mission  and fleet  mission combat) needs some more variation (RNG?[fixed])

ps the vertical spawn means , you see the enemy ships behind each other. not besides each other.

Edited by Thonys

On 10-3-2018 at 8:13 PM, Intrepido said:

The IA in hostility missions will bring almost same ships as you. So you will need less time flipping a port if you bring big ships because a npc santisima sank means a lot more % of hostility than a snow.

i agree in your thoughts

but it is a simulated test for small clans where you can assume they dont have santismas or huge big ships to make the hostility rate 

not everybody is a rear general when they become 16 years old , only the elite of royals do that..lol