Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

I wouldnt go that far, longshot. :D

BTW, Best avatar in The forum that of yours.

Thanks! Why not  introduce in-game payments? I don't believe that game this size can rely on new  gamers money only. A dollar to name my ship would be acceptable price and the constant stream of income for devs to keep game up.

I wouldnt go that far, longshot. :D

BTW, Best avatar in The forum that of yours.

"The Fighting Temeraire" - very nice picture. William Turner, is it?

And I'd like to see the same info on damage I suffered by an enemy broadside than the one I see for the damage I inflict.

Okay, I honestly hope the Devs read this and take it to heart. I think I will talk for many of us here. I will try to keep it short.

1: Fleets are a great idea but...

Can you please not make us destroy guns and modules when moving a ship to the fleet.

Can you make it possible to add a trader with all its goods into your fleet after it was captured without having to take command of the trader itself.

2: Selling ships:

Why do you need to remove all mods and guns on a ship before you can sell it?

Give us the ability to sell a customized ship.

Also, instead of destroying permanent mods in order to remove them, give the option to spend allot of gold to remove and keep the mod.

3: Capturing Ships:

When capturing a ship, xp rewards are next to nothing, especially when the enemy surrenders, please fix that.

When capturing a ship and morale of the enemy drops to 0 with still some sailors on board, add them to our crew, in short. Please make enemy crew capturable. When the enemy surrenders, all crew should be added to your maximum available crew, or they could be ransomed when getting back to port.

• Like 4

I would like to see more challenges, besides enemy ships, while sailing the world:

Like Storms that damage your sails, giving the incentive to be aware of the weather. There could be several types of storms, some more deadly than others, and recognisable with different cloud formations. Some monster waves would be cool too.

High winds may also drift you off course gradually, adding another challenge.

txs for reading

• Like 2

Okay, I honestly hope the Devs read this and take it to heart. I think I will talk for many of us here. I will try to keep it short.

1: Fleets are a great idea but...

Can you please not make us destroy guns and modules when moving a ship to the fleet.

Can you make it possible to add a trader with all its goods into your fleet after it was captured without having to take command of the trader itself.

2: Selling ships:

Why do you need to remove all mods and guns on a ship before you can sell it?

Give us the ability to sell a customized ship.

Also, instead of destroying permanent mods in order to remove them, give the option to spend allot of gold to remove and keep the mod. At least let us keep some of the materials.

3: Capturing Ships:

When capturing a ship, xp rewards are next to nothing, especially when the enemy surrenders, please fix that.

When capturing a ship and morale of the enemy drops to 0 with still some sailors on board, add them to our crew, in short. Please make enemy crew capturable. When the enemy surrenders, all crew should be added to your maximum available crew, or they could be ransomed when getting back to port.

All good points. I like.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be great, if one could personalise the paintjobs for each ship?

I understand that it may not be possible to provide us with an own painting device to make own "skins".

But a choice of 3 - 5 paintjobs per ship would be great.

Or, like some sims and games had: selectable areas, like the cannon deck stripe - you can select one from many colours.

Same for the hull, and the masts etc.

That would be a dream-come-true for me!

Hello I agree.  Please have a look this link and let us to know.

Thank you.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2772-ship-visual-customization/#entry285832

Please have a look this link and let us to know.

Another good option, Marques, to have defined colour for each fraction.

I'd prefer a little more user-choice though.

Maybe the colour for each country could be available in 3 or 4 different shades.

Like pale from pale blue to deep-medium blue for France; from cream to deep-warm yellow for Spain, etc.

But I'd find it even better, if I could paint a Danish ship black, with white cannon-line band.

By the way: had the cannon-line colour been a special colour for each country, or did they paint them as they liked for each ship?

Edited by Olham
  • Like 1

3 more "hopes" ... ok, maybe 2 at least

1) window upon logging in, that shows your CURRENT nations "friend/foe" status.

- This is so you might be aware of who your Nation is at odds with or who is an ally

-  just a simple: PIRATES: at war with - US, Danish, France; Allied with - Spanish, Sweden; Neutral with Britain ----OR---

- Could be placed on the chat window (UI), as a simple option (Ally/Foe) - that could be your "Nation only" specific.

2) UI tab - that gives a Simple tab breakdown of how many are online (per nation).

-  Could be an option only available in your capital port. Maybe with Map - like  a large one displayed in a room, like the map used in game, with the tally beside each nations title in the legend). Overall, one that just shows number of players per nationality online at that point. Not such much the players name.

3) Show who is in the port you are currently in, and their Nationality.

- When you are in a port - a tab or page that would show what players are currently in that port, and the respective nations they represent. Its not like their ships are not MOORED in the Harbor!

• Like 1

I would like to see crafted ships with names, the names could be chosen from two columns so column A has 100 or so diff names and column B has a 100 or so different names so when you choose the two names they are unique to that era, this would stop people giving their boats stupid names like 1337Kilarz.

Edited by Loco Bandito
  • Like 1

Wind and Tide are two very important things for sailing vessels. We have the wind.

A damaged ship could wind up on shore if wind and tide are against it, especially in a storm.

If these were modeled I think it would change the game in a big way.

We would see people more cautious about hugging the shoreline.

Perhaps while we are doing things in port we could even have a little tide chart in a corner which we could watch to give us the optimal time for leaving port.

• Like 1

Point 1 seems to be in the works or on their list, I heard or read somewhere.

I would like point 3, but not sure if it would make things complicated or unfair.

The harbour lurking is already quite bad IMHO.

yeah I can see a few sides to #3. But overall.. the game cannot cover every aspect of "what you'd expect" .. however ..for simplicity. If I were in a port (in real life), which I have -- served 8 years in the USN. .. I would definitely know who was in port Via the ships in harbor.. Ships are pretty difficult to HIDE (Friend or Foe). Again ... not looking for "who is in WHAT ship" ... as that be asking too much. but a simple... yeah so & so is here,.. and that fellow, and ..."oooo, stay away from that brothel cause that ship is in port" ... lol .... hopefully you see what I mean.

And yes, it would give an indication if there was a build up of any one nation somewhere... this would be indicative that word got out they were there. You cant amass an armada, without the farmers seeing ya! Wenches talk! :ph34r:

1. The ability to have Clan or group OP's that can share space and maybe ships.

2. The ability to purchase extra berthing space, like we do extra warehouse space.

3. Fleets, NPC, maybe player, display a small national flag, a number that represents the number of ships in the fleet.

4. Little people, bots, that fish, walk back and forth, the odd fishing boat pulled up on a beach, basically signs of life in the OW. Some guy fishing on a dock, doesn't have to move or interact. 

• Like 1

A mechanism to exchanging stuff, so that the 2 persons does not have to be at the same port at the same time.

Often you want to trade something in port X ->  "I am in Ile-a-Vache now."  .. "Give me Y minutes, I am sailing there atm".

Y minutes is normally something between 2-20.  And as we already wait pretty often in NA, I think some kind of mechanism to solve this would be nice.

For example:

Out post provides a box, space 1-3.  You can leave stuff in your box, and name a player and a price to get the content.

I have been definitely thinking more than once, that if I just could leave this item in this port, and say for my friends that lets go sailing.  Instead all are waiting that 15 minutes that the guy arrives.

So not the most important feature I agree, but maybe a convenience upgrade.

A mechanism to exchanging stuff, so that the 2 persons does not have to be at the same port at the same time.

Often you want to trade something in port X ->  "I am in Ile-a-Vache now."  .. "Give me Y minutes, I am sailing there atm".

Y minutes is normally something between 2-20.  And as we already wait pretty often in NA, I think some kind of mechanism to solve this would be nice.

Could be exploited in order to deliver goods to another port without sailing, a thing which was eliminated in one of the recent patches.  Instead of me teleporting my goods myself to capital I can trade with someone at the capital (or anywhere really) and then go get my stuff later.  If it's a clan warehouse then it's even easier since my buddy could deposit it in the WH and then leave port and I can retrieve it later.

I think having a method to enter the "battle interface" in order to practice ship handling and exercise the great guns would be a useful feature for folks that are transitioning to manual sails or simply getting the feel for a new ship.  Learning the ropes in square rigged vessels is arguably one of the most demanding lessons in the game and having to do so against active hostiles can be a bit unwieldy at times.  Being able to simply practice the manual sails with some raft targets available to engage would soften that learning curve.  Depending on how crew and XP mechanics eventually shake out a small crew XP gain for gunnery practice might be a nice touch as well from a historical fluff perspective.

Restricting it to only the protected waters of the faction capital maybe a method of keeping this from being exploited, either avoid action or setup ambushes in the open world.

Cheers,

JB

• Like 2

Could be exploited in order to deliver goods to another port without sailing, a thing which was eliminated in one of the recent patches.  Instead of me teleporting my goods myself to capital I can trade with someone at the capital (or anywhere really) and then go get my stuff later.  If it's a clan warehouse then it's even easier since my buddy could deposit it in the WH and then leave port and I can retrieve it later.

Well, you would not be teleporting anything.  You would be leaving stuff in a port if you have an out post there, for other player to redeem it later.

Just to cut down waiting times, a convenience feature but not something urgent.

no more passive AI fleets running around in Open World. Battle Fleets should engage players in reach. :)

On PvE server yes, but not on PvP server ;)

edit..

Maybe players could buy defense fleets for a port or something similar.  This should be something that you buy, and then it takes X time after it has been destroyed, before you can buy it again.  Players could invest in port defense.

Maybe 0 towers, but players can build 1-4 towers to defend a port.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

As there are sometimes small conversations about people speaking in their native language...

Maybe you can add 4 channels more.

1. Russia

2. German

3. France

4. Spain

I was thinking that as you have your chat server and client already done, I assume it would not be a big thing to add few channels more?  Probably could not harm either.

Maybe even

5. International