Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

5 minutes ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

Remove PVE Server too, with safezones and no ppl in OW there is no need for addional PVE Server.

No

Pve server has its right to exist, e.g. for players that want to discover the map in a vic. Cant do that on pvp server

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, admin said:

port battles are clan based - remember. 
As an owner of the port you will have full control on when you can defend and who can enter. 
Also don't forget that on release we had same system on all servers and it worked just fine. Night flips were a problem with alliances - with no alliances (clans based content - it is not going to be a major issue)

Well if a clan from US or Australia sets a middleofthenight timer for a PB, when Euros sleep, then there will be no PB as well, no?

• good to merge i think
  • the lost clan creator is transferred to a new last active clan member > good
    • "if you raise hostility to 100 from 4 to 6 port battle will start immediately" (can be seen as the old flag system to come back)
    • more people on one server > good
    • have been active on global also and that come to the Caribbean server to > Good
    • good good good
    •  
    • but when does this arrive? tomorrow is just fine :)

i have seen a strange looking ship looked like a GHOST  is that coming TOo
Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

Just now, Wraith said:

@adminAlso, have you done the analysis on average ping times for players from different regions?  It's my understanding from my previous survey results that Oceanic players can't play on EU-based server. Wouldn't it make more sense to close down EU and rename PvP Global to Caribbean?

There's less people on the PVP global server, less to transfer, less that can go wrong.

You would transfer the majority of players to the PVP global so pretty much everyone has mediocre ping (150-200)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aziz said:

Sign of a sinking ship.

Think it was best quoted in chat once "Remember when the aussies used to play this game"
450ms ping time to EU for me that's pretty much half a ship rushing past before my command to fire registers.

asian server (japan, china, korea, NZ, Aus) will only open (for testing) after localization is done. We are sure it will be a successful full server. But right now we can't support it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Knobby said:

so to combat nightflips you bring back timers, but at the same time allow hostility raising BEFORE the timers to immediately trigger PB's...

Have you thought this trough?

I will christen this mechanic the 'office-flip'.

you can raise hostility at 1am on EU but the battle will still happen at 17-00 UTC triggering immediately but happening at 1700
how is it different from today? did you think the questions through?

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Christendom said:

THE NIGHT KING HAS JUST CROSSED THE WALL.

@admin 4 hour windows please and no need to make it complicated. Keep the 22 hours (46 would be better) after PBs

lol have fun with the empty server. I for my part is done here - we tried the nightflipping and I for one is not going back.