Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

1 minute ago, Bart Smith said:

You right but where is fun in this?

You say that as if there will only be attackable ports with timers set outside your prime time, there are many ports owned by clans which will have the same prime time as you, so you can attack them, and for particular ports you want that are not in your prime time your clan can arrange some time when people are available now and again to attack even if it is outside your prime time and once you capture it you swing it back to your prime time giving them the same difficulty to try and get it back.

Just now, Archaos said:

You say that as if there will only be attackable ports with timers set outside your prime time, there are many ports owned by clans which will have the same prime time as you, so you can attack them, and for particular ports you want that are not in your prime time your clan can arrange some time when people are available now and again to attack even if it is outside your prime time and once you capture it you swing it back to your prime time giving them the same difficulty to try and get it back.

I don`t want arrange anything i want sail with my friends and conquer all map - RvR is my END GAME. But since now it will be impossible.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, PenguPirate said:

I'm not a big fan of shutting down the global server too, but can you explain how that works without causing conflicts in the OW states or be any different from just starting a character on the other server?

I'm not sure what your asking here from me, maybe because the answer is simple. People don't want to grind up again that's one main reason many from global have not moved across. Or perhaps there's other reasons like ping time.
As for OW states who cares if they get bolstered numbers or not if they dont nothing changes for them if they do maybe they can take back a bit of land they lost. Whatever. What is more damaging a few people merging across sporadically or a whole server getting dumped onto an existing ecology ?

Its going to be chaos and catastrophe and the game is going to suffer many casualties.

12 minutes ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

* on e... bad british nation ... where is the problem, just get allies in ur time zone to defend in ur time zone, or just get allies in other time zones to attack in the other time zone ... this is a multiplayer game so stop looking only on ur point of view ... stop complaining and give it a try.

Yeah lets see. I may be mistaken, but I do fear the worst. Just a simple fact like at global 100-150 players online. Eu 400-500 online. Why do they play Eu, because they dont want to fight at nights ore when they are at work. Yes you can buy a defence timer. But at 100 k a day, It will take a lot more money grinding. 

Will the global so get more players to play with. Lets say most are outside EU main time, well there is about 50-200* on EU server, depend on the time. so yeah a bit more. But if the Eu players stop because, the dont want to play on a global server. Well then we end up with a server with 200-300 around the clock. So yes the global get more, and the Eu less, so my guess is that we in near future see a very low pop in Eu main time. Plenty of emty pb.

Edited by staun
* for clarify
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

British or not - no matter - look at current population. How many polish players were on Global? 2-3? are they join us on Caribbean server?

This here is the problem you face, you appear to only want Poilsh players in your clan. I understand that it makes it easier when people speak the same language to work together and people with the same cultural background tend to stick together, but using the same argument is why the British, US and Pirate nations will always tend to have higher populations than some of the smaller nations.

If people wish to remain insular then there is no way the game can adjust to make it work.

Just now, Christoph said:

to all european players: what is the problem? we have a pb timer

Problem is: when US or AUS players set up timers for ports we want attack we have to do it at night. As a 41 years old working full time male with family duties i will not give a hello kitty on this anymore. So far i can log in on my usual EU primetime and have less or more fun in game. After this merge i will have to spend even more my precious time to earn money for PB timeslot to avoid our ports being nightflipped. From my perspective - no more fun. Simples.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Problem is: when US or AUS players set up timers for ports we want attack we have to do it at night. As a 41 years old working full time male with family duties i will not give a hello kitty on this anymore. So far i can log in on my usual EU primetime and have less or more fun in game. After this merge i will have to spend even more my precious time to earn money for PB timeslot to avoid our ports being nightflipped. From my perspective - no more fun. Simples.

But maybe ur younger clan mates can ... simple u dont have to do all by ur self.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

I understand that. I do not get up for the nightflights. only on weekend.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

I don`t want arrange anything i want sail with my friends and conquer all map - RvR is my END GAME. But since now it will be impossible.

You basically want the game to revolve around you rather than the playerbase in general. When you cannot play maybe they should shut down the servers??? I already explained how you can have RvR but you do not like that because some ports you might have to make a few arrangements to attack. It is a very narrow minded approach.

Many people get to fixated on having to be present for every port battle, the fun is the port battles and PvP against other players and not the conquering of the whole map. If the whole map was conquerable by one clan it would be a very boring game. Just look at what is happening on PvP EU where from all accounts the Swedes are rampant, it gets to a stage where people will not face them and people quit the game. Personally I work in a job where I have to be away from home sometimes 3 to 4 weeks at a time and only have limited internet access at speeds only good enough for email if I am lucky. I learn to put the game behind me during these times and dont worry that I may come back to items locked out in various ports that have been captured. I just come back and see what I can do to have fun when I return.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

you will have all assets from global in the redeemables

so you can be max rank on eu server then redeem xp and be the grand admiral of the Imperial fleet?

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I assume he has two accounts like some of us.   I'm thinking they should allow some way to do a name/nation change for those folks that are merging over.  Since the wipe I haven't played much on EU server but I still have chars in nations that don't make what I have on GLOBAL (which I play pretty much all pirates).  

Sir Texas Sir is in GB and I have no plan to play GB on EU so I would want to change that nation to what ever nation my clan ends up going to when this happens.

Presumably if you still have a set of forged papers left (on either of the two existing servers) this would allow you to move to another nation.

If you don't have any forged papers left (I have not played much recently so I think I have at least one set on each server) then maybe as part of this server merger the developers will grant one more set of forged papers to everyone so that they can roll to the nation of their choice. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Sigh....   if ionly people were as interested about OW PvP as they were about useless dots....

The funny thing is the majority of the players actually don't care about RvR, they just want a larger pop to play with and that is why they tend to stick with one server that has the most pop.  You take away that option to pick servers than you bring every one to one server.  I still don't get why they can't just fight other EU clans. I mean the numbers show ya'll have a larger player base so most of the fights and ports owned will prob be owned by EU clans. 

Hell France is all ready making a post to recruit Global players, don't see any other nations doing that yet and I'll be flat out bluntly honest with you guys an @Christendom we won't be going US or GB when we switched and I don't think VCO will either.  So this would be a good time to start your recruiting up of clans from GLOBAL.    

4 minutes ago, Archaos said:

You basically want the game to revolve around you rather than the playerbase in general. When you cannot play maybe they should shut down the servers??? I already explained how you can have RvR but you do not like that because some ports you might have to make a few arrangements to attack. It is a very narrow minded approach.

Many people get to fixated on having to be present for every port battle, the fun is the port battles and PvP against other players and not the conquering of the whole map. If the whole map was conquerable by one clan it would be a very boring game. Just look at what is happening on PvP EU where from all accounts the Swedes are rampant, it gets to a stage where people will not face them and people quit the game. Personally I work in a job where I have to be away from home sometimes 3 to 4 weeks at a time and only have limited internet access at speeds only good enough for email if I am lucky. I learn to put the game behind me during these times and dont worry that I may come back to items locked out in various ports that have been captured. I just come back and see what I can do to have fun when I return.

What is yours goal playing Naval Action then - may i ask? Its not about me - its about RvR in general - Realm vs Realm. In game like NA this is natural end game in my opinion but this maybe narrow minded thinking. In our nation we have only few people who are able to lead a PB - again pointing that some people are fixated to be present for every PB is wrong. It`s like people get fixated to play this game at all! So please dont say about narrow minded approach because as you can noticed we got here all kinds of players with different expectations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

@admin   I hate my EU character...His nation and his name!

I want my Global Character: Name and Nation  When the merge happens...

How do I do this?

Delete my EU character?

I'm going to assume that is what we are going have to do.  It won't be a bad thing if your Global char is higher rank than your EU server char.    

2 minutes ago, Chijohnaok said:

Presumably if you still have a set of forged papers left (on either of the two existing servers) this would allow you to move to another nation.

If you don't have any forged papers left (I have not played much recently so I think I have at least one set on each server) then maybe as part of this server merger the developers will grant one more set of forged papers to everyone so that they can roll to the nation of their choice. 

Oh dear man I'm going to have like 8 papers on some chars.  Though my problem is more I want to change the names of a few chars that I don't like the names I have for them on EU. I mean one is listed as lil Texas as a place holder lol.   I would more want a rename token, but if we get the xp from GLOBAL it won't matter cause I'm either maxed out on those chars or I have more xp on GLOBAL than I do on the EU account.  So I can just rename them, switch nations and than redeem the xp/goods.

Very glad this is happening. The struggling GLOBAL population can now join the rest of the player base and be part of the action. 

For those who are complaining about PB times.. get out there and form multi-time zone clans. This game is a sandbox and requires some effort from the players to make anything work. Nothing can ever be perfect in this game.. long time players should know that major problems will get ironed-out in future patches. 

I am a US player on EU server and I approve this message. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The funny thing is the majority of the players actually don't care about RvR, they just want a larger pop to play with and that is why they tend to stick with one server that has the most pop.  You take away that option to pick servers than you bring every one to one server.  I still don't get why they can't just fight other EU clans. I mean the numbers show ya'll have a larger player base so most of the fights and ports owned will prob be owned by EU clans. 

Hell France is all ready making a post to recruit Global players, don't see any other nations doing that yet and I'll be flat out bluntly honest with you guys an @Christendom we won't be going US or GB when we switched and I don't think VCO will either.  So this would be a good time to start your recruiting up of clans from GLOBAL.    

France is looking good..

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

France is looking good..

I believe my crafter char is all ready french over there so I could start getting it set up for the merge too.  Like I said early we will have to talk to the other clan members and I think it might become a nation meeting between the pirate clans to see what we all plan to do.