Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

1 minute ago, Liq said:

I think what they mean is, if a clan loses a defense vs a clan based in another timezone, it will be pretty much impossible to re capture it on workdays - but doable on weekends I guess

Might give PBs a bit more attraction and importance. Worth testing

Nobody with clear mind will be sit until 4 AM local time to try capture some dots:) Come on

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

@admin

If a player has an account on both servers, all that he has on global (books, goods,  modules, ships) will be given back in "caribbean" as redemable?

majority of assets from the global server will appear in your redeemables on "Caribbean" server

Just a scenario here:

Most US tz players on global are in US/GB/PR. Right? Then those nations will have a large us tz playerbase. If global has taught us anything that birds of a feather flock together. So those TZ player will *probably* group up, whatever noble intentions are mentioned. I've heard even @Christendom complain about this. So we'd get the same issue as before: Stacked timezones outside the mainstream (eu-based) timezone. With all issues involved: Flip during primetime, defend during off-time. One sided fights.

We've seen it happen before and if you think it has changed you are an idiot. 

And this is without any salt. I've invited Christendom into REDS personally. So yes, hell froze over in that respect. But the night- defense options are a thing I fear will happen again. I'm not against a server merge, but I am sceptical about this mechanic.

Just to quote @admin:

On 15-11-2017 at 8:20 PM, admin said:

Maybe players can just relax and play normally instead of turning into trash asshole dickmans?

I just don't think the nature of players has changed (enough).

Edited by Cornelis Tromp
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin my only big concern is will there be a port wipe cause having a large number of players come in with established controled ports and clans is going to be a big mess as folks grab ports off others and such.  

There is not going to be a port wipe at this stage. 

example:-

I have 1 pirate character and 1 Spanish character on the EU server, both have a shit loada of crap.

I have 1 British character and 1 Russian character on global, both with a crap load more stuff too.

The question is:- which characters do I get to keep, which will overwrite which and what stuff do I get to keep?

• Like 1

Just now, Jesters-Ink said:

I have 1 pirate character and 1 Spanish character on the EU server, both have a shit loada of crap.

I have 1 British character and 1 Russian character on global, both with a crap load more stuff too.

The question is:- which characters do I get to keep, which will overwrite which and what stuff do I get to keep?

the 2 chars on the caribbean server.

1 minute ago, Jesters-Ink said:

all your global assets will be turned into redeemables (from what i understand)

You cant have 2 chars on one server (per steam account). 1 char per server is the limit atm

2 minutes ago, Jesters-Ink said:

Makes no sense at all. Liq, i have 2 x steam accounts sorry.

Well then it will be 1 final char per steam account. 

Stuff from your global server chars get merged into your eu server char.

Cant mix up the two steam accounts.

Edited by Liq

5 minutes ago, Liq said:

You cant have 2 chars on one server (per steam account). 1 char per server is the limit atm

I assume he has two accounts like some of us.   I'm thinking they should allow some way to do a name/nation change for those folks that are merging over.  Since the wipe I haven't played much on EU server but I still have chars in nations that don't make what I have on GLOBAL (which I play pretty much all pirates).  

Sir Texas Sir is in GB and I have no plan to play GB on EU so I would want to change that nation to what ever nation my clan ends up going to when this happens.

8 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Just a scenario here:

Most US tz players on global are in US/GB/PR. Right? Then those nations will have a large us tz playerbase. If global has taught us anything that birds of a feather flock together. So those TZ player will *probably* group up, whatever noble intentions are mentioned. i've heard even @Christendom complain about this. So we'd get the same issue as before: Stacked timezones outside the mainstream (eu-based) timezone. With all issues involved: Flip during primetime, defend during off-time. One sided fights.

We've seen it happen before and if you don't think it has changed you are an idiot. 

And this is without any salt. I've invited Christendom into REDS personally. So yes, hell froze over in that respect. But the night- defense options are a thing I fear will happen again. I'm not against a server merge, but I am sceptical about this mechanic.

I must agree. It just doesn't make sense.

IMO the only good that can come from this change is that now at least Christendom will stop hello kittying spamming every damn thread of the forums with off-topic MERGE propaganda shouting.

• Like 2

We need good clear answers, so that we know what to do on each server, to make the best of this.

I'd really pissed off to find I lost most of the stuff from one, due to being misinformed.

In your case 

Steam1 : Global account 1 -> redeemables -> EU account 1

Steam2: Global 2 -> redeemables -> EU account 2

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Seems to me like this should be the biggest element of conversation here.  I'm not sure if resetting or not resetting would actually create more satisfaction on the newly merged server.  But if I had to guess, I would think an immediate map reset would be a better move forward.  To me, not resetting ports right now may tend to create resentment and maybe permanent grudges between clans.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, admin said:

That going to suck for pirates since the Russians (I believe former pirates) took Kidds.   Hmm.   So basically any of the refugee's from the other server will have to start from scratch clan based and fight over scraps of the EU clans that are all ready established and got a foot hold of the server.  You might want to rethink this as it would be a good time to do a reset of the map and retest battle/port mechanics again.

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That going to suck for pirates since the Russians (I believe former pirates) took Kidds.   Hmm.   So basically any of the refugee's from the other server will have to start from scratch clan based and fight over scraps of the EU clans that are all ready established and got a foot hold of the server.  You might want to rethink this as it would be a good time to do a reset of the map and retest battle/port mechanics again.

So u have ur first mission after the merge ... 

3 minutes ago, Knobby said:

I must agree. It just doesn't make sense.

IMO the only good that can come from this change is that now at least Christendom will stop hello kittying spamming every damn thread of the forums with off-topic MERGE propaganda shouting.

I doubt it. Now the spam will be about killing the PvE server: The more things change, the more they stay the same.

1 minute ago, Bart Smith said:

LOL - this nations with minus 40 mil daily for unkeep costs will get their arses kicked hard. Add to this all ports you want defend 100K each :P 

Didn't even think of that but that would double the cost of all ports own.  We have about 23 ports on Global and that is over 2.5 million in cost a day, but with income we where only having to pay in around 600K a day after cost.   It's not to bad, but I can see clans owning less ports.  That might be good if they don't do a wipe than many clans are going to drop there extra ports to give the new clans a chance at some of the scraps, but still established clans will have all the best pickings for there nations.