Game-Labs Forum

Patch 14: Part 2 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

admin

It's ok guys, I've figured it out, the Devs have done this to force us to stop playing and spend the festive season with our loved ones.

So when your wife/girlfriend asks you "why you are spending time with me", you can look them in their eyes and tell them, "It's Naval Action darling......they've broken it".

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Sever merge – very bad idea. There is no solution for people from different time zones. Full server population is essential before even think about merge. Instead devs decided to implement this recently with very low population causing even more population drop.

The problem we see here is people wanting the community to fail if they don't get preferential easy mode for themselves. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

The problem we see here is people wanting the community to fail if they don't get preferential easy mode for themselves. 

Maybe some - but problem lay in timezones and very low population imo. IF server will be full all the time and nations all balanced with population from all time zones -this may work. Now look like most join Russia - so they get players from all timezones in decent numbers while rest of nation will lose those they got now.

On 12/7/2017 at 1:34 PM, admin said:

Bellona = 3rd rate but with decorations - same naked displacement same weight of the hull
Rattlesnake heavy = rattlesnake - same naked displacement same weight of the hull

Remember that guns and fit outs are added OVER the hull weight.  Guns include weight of guns and ammo for it. Repairs Rum simulate other things including provisions for crew. You can maybe check it in the lobby before commenting like an emotional squirrel.  Calm down maybe?

If they are the same hull weights? And same naked displacement then why is there a speed and turn rate disparity between them?

2 hours ago, admin said:

We are not sure about it.
But we need to force players to rvr. Old players might not like it (and its fine) new players will come on release and will consider this a given.

You need 5 people to capture 35-40% of ports on the map. 

If you need to force people to do something they don't want to do, you are doing something wrong and should find something they WANT to do. Forcing people to do what you want them to do is just going to cause them all to quit. Quite frankly there are a lot of games out there that appeal to your player base. If this goes in like you want it to, I'm done. All ships should Be available to all players at all times. Enough with the sticks and start giving out carrots.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Camping nations to death is toxic to the game. 

Definitely agree. Happened too often in global that nations population were cut into a 3rd of what it once was.

28 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Make proper pirate mechanics, let them raid ports, exclude them from RvR, limit ships they can sail (building limit will not work since alt problem)

Been asking for this for a while. Pirates in their current state act more like a nation mechanically than they should. The ship limitations as well surely will work better than limiting buildings. Alts have become a thorn in development in many what could have been great features.

Fix demasting – at this stage we have situations than one meta skilled player can demast 10 players in bigger ships and kite them by sniper shoot top masts. Nonsense.

Noticed this as well watching a ship of mine lose a mast in under a few minutes of the battle starting. Too quick.

Sever merge – very bad idea. There is no solution for people from different time zones. Full server population is essential before even think about merge. Instead devs decided to implement this recently with very low population causing even more population drop.

Server merge was needed and I feel the port battle system will need time to adjust just to see the tendencies of both server populations playing together.

Wasa – ship from combat marks. Need rebalance and make as all ship – crafteable.

Needs to be adjusted. I suggested making it a 3rd rate and/or decreasing crew, speed, and turn rate to a reasonable state.

Add more content into game. There is a lot suggestions on forums just pick best one and let them test it. Since nearly two years we got very limited variety of content in game.

The Devs did have a series of events before. Should bring them all back and continue adding events so there is something to do constantly just as a starter.

Advertise game and make it more user friendly – tutorial,UI and website.

I really had to go looking to see if this game was on sale this winter. It does need to be advertised to draw in new players.

Edited by Davos Seasworth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

notes.

More noteships?

So, you mean that there will be no economy necessairy ingame? No more crafting? Just mindnumbing, worthless fantasygoods that need to be shipped?

Small ships will (still) be capturable, 4th rate and up are notes and marks?

I wonder  ... How will not so good sailors ever win enough notes or marks to replace their ships? Oh, wait, they should probably do some PVE to earn gold and buy everything from the ones that do the winning?

What about the idea of new Players moving automatically to the empty Global Server for the first 3 ranks, so they learn the game with tutorials and such like.

Clans can do Recruiting drives for These Players, while they learn the game, safe from gank fleets and seal clubbers.

When enough experience has been reached they are transferred to the Caribbean Server, where safe zones no longer exist for any Nation.

This could promote more pvp and rvr, no safe or reinforcement zones, everywhere is open to attack, at all times.

• Like 1

13 Pages of shidstorm in 9 hours by 500 activ players is a new record i would think... (and next thing is: Yesterday evening where 500 Guys online. Today at the same time where 300 Guys online... (your Customers (We) dont like what you are doing)

@admin we play the game. we have  payed for it, but you say we are the programmers and we will do what we want. OK, but think another secound about this: Do you want to Programm the  Next game?  Who will buy it if this shidstorm will swap over to the Internet? So properbly you have to take a little more pation to that what your community is telling you. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rickard said:

this is a positive thing, otherwise, you just get random battles in which its free for all just like the battles in WOT, WOWS and war thunder.

strong and strictly ruled clans are the ones that will kick your ass and that create the RvR and take initiative because they work together.

Exactly. Everyone else in this nation can only dream about having access to RvR and winning ports, and thus about having access to Victory Marks. Best clans will suck out best players, and afterwards you can only win against an empty port... which is not fun.

• Like 2

Wow, I haven't seen this much unified venom from the community towards development in a long time, or maybe never.  I was going to go back to doing some pvp and rvr now after the merge, but with this kind of disrespect from admin to the community and unwise changes, I think I'll just play on the pve server until it settles or until they shut that one down too.  So, nice job admin, you've already accomplished what the players are warning you of.    RVR - 1

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Maybe some - but problem lay in timezones and very low population imo. IF server will be full all the time and nations all balanced with population from all time zones -this may work. Now look like most join Russia - so they get players from all timezones in decent numbers while rest of nation will lose those they got now.

It's just one of the many natural problems of being a limited nation/clan or not having large alliances to rely on.  Being small, limited or even just disorganized is always going to be a disadvantage that needs to be worked around.  Proclaiming "the sky is falling" is not going to provide the answer.  Quitting and trying to encourage others to quit in revenge is not going to provide the answer.  If your RvR is not working you need to adjust your plans somehow...perhaps even to non-RvR activities for a while.  We need positive community energy to create beneficial change, not corrosive negativity.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Wow, I haven't seen this much unified venom from the community towards development in a long time, or maybe never.  I was going to go back to doing some pvp and rvr now after the merge, but with this kind of disrespect from admin to the community and unwise changes, I think I'll just play on the pve server until it settles or until they shut that one down too.  So, nice job admin, you've already accomplished what the players are warning you of.    RVR - 1

I startet on PvE server in Prussia what is with the admirality on the Pve server. Are they accessible after a special rank or are they only in national ports like on Pvp server. 

9 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

It's just one of the many natural problems of being a limited nation/clan or not having large alliances to rely on.  Being small, limited or even just disorganized is always going to be a disadvantage that needs to be worked around.  Proclaiming "the sky is falling" is not going to provide the answer.  Quitting and trying to encourage others to quit in revenge is not going to provide the answer.  If your RvR is not working you need to adjust your plans somehow...perhaps even to non-RvR activities for a while.  We need positive community energy to create beneficial change, not corrosive negativity.  

So many negative waves..

Edited by Tac
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Archaos said:

How is Economy protected by the green zones? I asked you this in the other thread that you posted this in but you chose to ignore it. I asked you to show me from the list of trade goods you posted which ones could make you profit by just trading within the green zone, because as far as I can see there are none that can make profit without the trader leaving the green zone at some stage.

If I do a trade run from Cartegena to KPR, a run that takes best part of an hour, I am only in the green zone of KPR for the last 5 minutes. I do not see how less than 10% of my trip being inside the safe zone is causing a problem unless you want to sit right outside the port waiting for me to arrive.

Unless by Econ you mean just money generation that can be done by just doing missions in the green zone.

Maybe he means the money he makes from attacking noobs and trade ships in these zones.  He was the first person to get (well second that I know of) to learn about the reinforcement zones around Mort. He tagged a trader and than ran.  We pretty much didn't see anything from him until the merge was announced.  He was one of a few players that I know that only hunt around the capitals for easy prey that stopped playing when they couldn't any more.  DO like the rest of use and find better real trade runs and hunt those.  Funny how that works..

• Like 1