Game-Labs Forum

Declaration of Victory and the Terms

Koltes

59 minutes ago, Bobzillah said:

claiming victory with only taking what 4ports ? wtf we got plenty more jezus christ if 4 to 5 ports is a victory then we won 2times already or what ? you can only claim victory once a nation hold no more ports that can be captured. you guys scared if britian finally get there act together if you box them in to much ? LOL 

There is more than one type of Victory's, we aren't going to total Victory.  Just at this point we see in our operation of naval warfare we came out on top and have made it clear or current intentions until such time GB can regroup and bring the fight back to us.

27 minutes ago, Chijohnaok said:

You are wrong about that.

I have done plenty of screening (both on Global and previously on PvP 1).  There were plenty of battles in which not only did the screeners have fun, but those within the port battle fleet later commented that it sounded as if the screeners had more fun than they did in the PB (best example of that was when PvP 1 Danes tried taking Bermuda from the Brits 3 weeks in a row.  Each time the screeners were the key to victory and those in the British/US/Dutch PB fleet commented at for at least one if not 2 of the PBs that they thought it sounded as if the screeners had more fun.  I and a group of 15-25 US captains sailed round trip for 5 hours on each of those 3 occasions).  

We told them from day one bring a proper screening fleet and we will just fight you out side and never go inside the port battle.  That is honestly the best way for them to stop us from taking ports, but when they show up in light ships and store bought ships for a 4th rate or LOS port battle and all they do is tag and run and tag an run using a broken BR mechanics it's not fun.  If you look at every port battle we made it into so far and there was a fight we where always out number by a couple.  Add the forts and towers on the defenders side they odds should been in there favor if they just brought proper ships and tried to fight. 

19 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Sounds to me like people need to start sinking pirates.  I've taken four today.  How about anyone else...?

Yah your giving folks hell and what I like you move round and not pick on one nation or another.  The best way to get better folks and I said this a hundred times is to get out there an fight.  FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.

15 minutes ago, Chijohnaok said:

Being one ported is not a pleasant experience.  I was in the PvP 1 US nation that was one ported TWICE by the Pirate SORRY clan.  As a result of that we lost more than half our nation's players and it took us at least 6 months of effort/organizing/training before we were a viable force again.  

I have to agree with both of you on most points.  When we got one ported and than 3 region we fought back harder cause now we didn't have to worry about defending regions other than two of them at max so e actually had more fun with no concerns.  While other nations loose one port and think it's the end of the world.  US does this ever time we take a port from them even though they might have 20 something other regions still.  We can't hold tons of regions (well back than) so we stricked at spots that hurt the other nation.  US we did operation Camel Toe (posted after first strick our intentions).  Took both regions on each side of Charlese Town and held them until we gave them back.  We did Dutch Oven when the dutch keep attacking our only source of Silver (us took Bahamas straight out of the bat and held them).   We took5 regions in just a few days.  They only showed up to the first fight and gave up.  Still had 10 of there 15 regions.   We gave back all but the ones we wanted to keep.  Mainly for the Strong Hull region to build more ships with it.  Than we did operation Lone Ranger.  We took every silver region on the map that wasn't held by us or the Danes.   All while working out of Mort, Kidds and Castries only.   We never expanded our regions cause we didn't need to.

Every time we do something big we post our intentions so folks freak out cause we are tired of folks saying, "THE PIRATES IS GOING TO ZERG THE MAP."   We learned that is not healthy for the sever so don't plan to do that again.   It also burned a lot of us out and than when there was nothign to do folks go bored and stopped logging in.  Which has been a tackit of US and GB when they won't fight us on PvP2.  They just stop showing up until we get bored and our numbers drop than they zerg us down to one region/port (normally about the time the server is dead from a big patch coming being announced.)

12 minutes ago, Trouble said:

Based on the terrible behavior of individuals like HoneyBadger who linked NPG's crafting Google Doc to the web in retaliation before he went Pirate, I have little faith that you are not simply planting a New Alt into NPG...

And this is why ya'll have such bad time keeping players is you think every one is an alt and you treat new players like crap cause of it instead of trying to get them interested into the game and level them up.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We told them from day one bring a proper screening fleet and we will just fight you out side and never go inside the port battle.  That is honestly the best way for them to stop us from taking ports, but when they show up in light ships and store bought ships for a 4th rate or LOS port battle and all they do is tag and run and tag an run using a broken BR mechanics it's not fun.  If you look at every port battle we made it into so far and there was a fight we where always out number by a couple.  Add the forts and towers on the defenders side they odds should been in there favor if they just brought proper ships and tried to fight. 

Regarding your last comment, In some ports the forts and towers cover little to none of the 3 circles (see Santa Marta--which I grant was uncontested)     

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bx3OZcHt9VbNMTNvTXFIQ2RVUVk

While at Port au Prince (which has very good coverage from the forts), we (GB) had like 4 captains who in the first 10 minutes of the battle refused (or ignored) the PB commander's orders and turned to a course that placed them OUTSIDE the fort coverage and right into the pirate blob (then they were then promptly sunk).  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobzillah said:

first mistaked calling something someone`s region ,you either play for nation or dont .geus you dont .you just want to corner belize area and drop the rest .GG

You do a lot of barking Bobby, but not a lot of biting.  

I've sailed from one corner of the nation to the other defending ports, gotten up at 6am with the Aussies for attacks and just recently sailed down to the Carta area for a port battle to defend a region where predominantly 1 clan calls home that couldn't even send more than 1 player to defend the territory next to it.  I was even willing to hop right back into that aggie and sail another 2 hours and stay up to 3 am to defend another port.  You were getting your beauty sleep.  

Obviously they don't care enough to show up, why should I.  I'll commit to helping clans that reciprocate.  VCO and TF will no longer be defending the Cartagena area.  Good luck.  

34 minutes ago, Chijohnaok said:

Regarding your last comment, In some ports the forts and towers cover little to none of the 3 circles (see Santa Marta--which I grant was uncontested)     

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bx3OZcHt9VbNMTNvTXFIQ2RVUVk

While at Port au Prince (which has very good coverage from the forts), we (GB) had like 4 captains who in the first 10 minutes of the battle refused (or ignored) the PB commander's orders and turned to a course that placed them OUTSIDE the fort coverage and right into the pirate blob (then they were then promptly sunk).  

While I didn't make it in for that one, ya'll I believe did pull them back towards the forts as you fought the pirates by what I saw on the twitch we had going. The thing is we know how to kind counter this from PvP2 guys all ways running to the forts even when they out number us.  You fight keeping them between you and the forts and the forts will shoot through them. I believe the forts demasted one or two of your guys in that fight cause of it.

There is always those one guys.  We had one or two still new to Port Battles that came close to getting sunk cause they did kinda the same thing but was able to get back to the group.  We honestly hate when none clan members join the Port Battles even if they join TS cause they aren't use to fighting the way we do.  Even worse is when you get those guys that join and don't join TS  than go do there own thing and get sunk.

1 hour ago, Llewellyn Jones RN said:

Cartagena was never defended by VCO you came to the one port battle and got trapped by the French losing 6 ships because your home base is so far from the front lines it takes an age to get to Cartagena now you know why we didnt show in the Gulf

VCO and TF came down to defend it. They defended the region by holding the port. I didn't see you around, in fact TF and VCO stayed and fought to death, the rest of you guys ran when you could in the battle or hid in ports. I won't deny it was a slaughter in the end, but you throwing blame around to folks who decided to take time away from where they base to go defend it it hilarious.

Don't blame the loss on VCO and TF - because you in fact didn't lose the port you seem to care so much about.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

VCO and TF came down to defend it. They defended the region by holding the port. I didn't see you around, in fact TF and VCO stayed and fought to death, the rest of you guys ran when you could in the battle or hid in ports. I won't deny it was a slaughter in the end, but you throwing blame around to folks who decided to take time away from where they base to go defend it it hilarious.

Don't blame the loss on VCO and TF - because you in fact didn't lose the port you seem to care so much about.

With more pirate clans we have to work with other and hope they work with us.  Though we have made it very clear that if you go off and try to flip a port without letting us know if we can help you or not we won't help you.  That was what happen with PnP a few smaller clans thought they would go flip it and got curbed stomped by you guys.   We never wanted to take it as it was a nice buffer between us and the Brits that we didn't have to worry about defending as long as y'all had it, but we where going to take it if the brits got there hands on it.   

We have no problems with other clans going out and doing there own thing, but just don't expect BLACK to drop every thing we are doing to run and save you when you bite off more than you can chew.  We learned some things from before the patch with how things where run on PvP2 even in our own nation and we been trying to play differently to make a stronger nation now in Global and other than a few hiccups we been running way to smooth. Almost a bit scary to smooth in my book.

• Like 2

All BLACK members to withdraw from any comments or discussions in this topic as of this moment.
You cant sink them here. Let them be the best PVPers on the forum

To GB players:
It was never meant to be a negotiation. We made a statement and simply let everyone know of our intentions.

Whether you agree or disagree have minuscule interest to us. You can do whatever you like to back up your disagreements. We care little. Zebra was also in disagreement when Lions were eating her. So what? If you don't like the terms you can do whatever you like about it. In fact we invite you to give us a damn full fight already.
But are no longer going to be involved in making deals with a disorganized nations like the GB.

You also need to know that when US and/or GB were killing pirates last year we were never been given the same courtesy to recover as we give to both US and GB. You have 1 ported pirates on a number of occasions. You were also continuously  holding Pirates at 1 port for a long period of time without any intention to give our guys a chance to rebuild and play the game. Terms we impose are harsh, but fair. You have lost the war and you are not in position to demand/negotiate. Yet we are giving you more than a fair chance to re-organize and rebuild.
You can yap all you want, but when BLACK dog barks you run.

To moderators:
As a starter of the topic may I please request it to be locked. Thank you

Edited by koltes
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

Also its not that I wasn't in that battle because i was in my Bed but Fortunatas was using my Agga and i had hull repairs and rum available for Brits to use in the port for a small fee

Edited by Llewellyn Jones RN

This seems, once again, a good time to state that the Free Tribes are recruiting :D

By the by, @Sir Texas Sir, I have actually visited every single region on this map since wipe, in pursuit of hunting.  I have captured or sank individuals from every other faction, saving the Danes (who were surprisingly good at being on hand to reinforce each other, even within that 3 minute window), and the Swedes (which I have yet to actually see one).

I hunt where I perceive a target rich environment.  First it was by Charleston, then K/PR, now Mortimer Town.  Maybe the Dutch will be resurgent next? :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Duncan McFail said:

Just to let you know Kanay if you come pirate(and this goes for everyone else that gets the bright idea to go pirate for victory marks) we will kill you every time we see you. Same goes for anyone else that swaps without our approval. God it's good to be a pirate 😎

@Duncan McFail can i just point out you didn't pay for anyone's games to tell them what to do and you would be "greifing" players if you did this not the best thing for the game 

14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Than bitch at them for using broken BR mechanics and griefing tactics to try to keep us out of a port battle. IF they where so good they would meet us in  fair fight of 25 vs 25 in the port battle.  Once the couldn't use there own exploiting mechanics they stopped fighting.  We didn't even have a full 25 in that one port battle too.

@Sir Texas Sir @koltes i see this from you guys point of view it would be a pain but at the same time using guerrilla tactics is not ment to be fair, personally id rather come at you with the same rate or bigger any way there is my 2 cents worth see you all out there 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, koltes said:

All BLACK members to withdraw from any comments or discussions in this topic as of this moment.

To GB players:
It was never meant to be a negotiation. We made a statement and simply let everyone know of our intentions.

Whether you agree or disagree have minuscule interest to us. You can do whatever you like to back up your disagreements. We care little. Zebra was also in disagreement when Lions were eating her. So what? If you don't like the terms you can do whatever you like about it. In fact we invite you to give us a damn full fight already.
But are no longer going to be involved in making deals with a disorganized nations like the GB.

You also need to know that when US and/or GB were killing pirates last year we were never been given the same courtesy to recover as we give to both US and GB. You have 1 ported pirates on a number of occasions. You were also continuously  holding Pirates at 1 port for a long period of time without any intention to give our guys a chance to rebuild and play the game. Terms we impose are harsh, but fair. You have lost the war and you are not in position to demand/negotiate. Yet we are giving you more than a fair chance to re-organize and rebuild.
You can yap all you want, but when BLACK barks you run.

To moderators:

pirates.jpg.aca74ba7d4ca43694cff75dbae5be31f.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, koltes said:

To GB players:

You can yap all you want, but when BLACK barks you run.

To moderators:

To BLACK players:

Your concern about our response has minuscule interest to us as well. If you demand terms and another nation responds with a counter offer and you reject it, so be it. By making a counter offer the nation you approached has given you their answer to your demands which in this case are ridiculous and their response is a resounding NO. If they offer something in return they are allowing you to stay in the discussion or not. Either way, we don't care and that is your choice. Nobody in this game matters enough to worry about demands such as yours. If you approach others with less arrogance maybe you would be taken more seriously. GB from what I can see has been beaten back a bit but is in no way defeated.

All discussions like these are negotiations. If you are not interested in that then you can shove your troll post up your ass. Even if there was a threat of being one ported, I would never agree to a surrender that allows you to have a pvp ganking port deep in our trading territory, the removal of control over ports that we either captured in legitimate war with another nation or negotiated the transfer with another nation. That is none of your business. Nor would I ever accept an agreement that allows you to place your friends in our back door so that when you decide to push your weight around again, you can attack us from both sides.

You are the one that says you don't want to ruin the game for anyone. Prove it.

Note: this is my opinion and not an official statement from my clan or my nation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sid the Infected said:

To BLACK players:

Your concern about our response has minuscule interest to us as well. If you demand terms and another nation responds with a counter offer and you reject it, so be it. By making a counter offer the nation you approached has given you their answer to your demands which in this case are ridiculous and their response is a resounding NO. If they offer something in return they are allowing you to stay in the discussion or not. Either way, we don't care and that is your choice. Nobody in this game matters enough to worry about demands such as yours. If you approach others with less arrogance maybe you would be taken more seriously. GB from what I can see has been beaten back a bit but is in no way defeated.

All discussions like these are negotiations. If you are not interested in that then you can shove your troll post up your ass. Even if there was a threat of being one ported, I would never agree to a surrender that allows you to have a pvp ganking port deep in our trading territory, the removal of control over ports that we either captured in legitimate war with another nation or negotiated the transfer with another nation. That is none of your business. Nor would I ever accept an agreement that allows you to place your friends in our back door so that when you decide to push your weight around again, you can attack us from both sides.

You are the one that says you don't want to ruin the game for anyone. Prove it.

Note: this is my opinion and not an official statement from my clan or my nation.

Again. This is not a demand or an offer. This is our plans. This is what we are going to do. We could go about our business and take whatever territories we want. Instead we're taking some of your ports to get the control points we need. We were just reassuring you we weren't taking your major ports since you've all but given up. We're even giving you back that black eye at Savannah La Mar. We're doing this because players are starting to jump ship. Brits still control more ports than any other nation yet it becomes the end of the world when you lose a few ports. So in the interest of server health we are not rolling you. We're just cutting you down to a managable size. You don't need to like it, but you don't have a choice in it. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:

Again. This is not a demand or an offer. This is our plans. This is what we are going to do. We could go about our business and take whatever territories we want. Instead we're taking some of your ports to get the control points we need. We were just reassuring you we weren't taking your major ports since you've all but given up. We're even giving you back that black eye at Savannah La Mar. We're doing this because players are starting to jump ship. Brits still control more ports than any other nation yet it becomes the end of the world when you lose a few ports. So in the interest of server health we are not rolling you. We're just cutting you down to a managable size. You don't need to like it, but you don't have a choice in it. 

You carried out a campaign and achieved your goals, good for you. But you then come on the forums with some form of speech as to how you have won the server and dictating terms making out you are going to save the server by distributing worthless regions to other nations in the so called effort to allow nations rebuild so you can do it all over again while all the time you maintain top spot on the leaderboard to get VM's.

You currently have the power to do this and congrats to you for achieving that, but please dont make out that you are doing anyone any favors by what you are doing. No need for some grand announcement. If  you had just stopped taking ports and consolidated people would have rebuilt in their own time. All you have achieved is a mud slinging war that is weakening the Brits even more by exposing cracks between the clans (maybe this too was the plan).

People dont need to know your plans, people dont need to be grateful that you are giving ports back, people dont care that you are not taking more ports than you can handle while setting yourselves up to raid them constantly.

And to top it all the OP comes on and then tells his clan not to engage in any more discussion and asks the Mods to lock the thread, well maybe he should of thought of that before he started such a thread. If he really regrets posting this then he should ask for the whole thread to be deleted not just locked after he has had the last say or everyone may as well start creating controversial threads and having them instantly locked so no one can comment.

• Like 2

@Duncan McFail, @koltes, @Sir Texas Sir I regret to inform you that you have lost the war.

Your goal of having the ultimate 25x25 PB against a force of similar composition and organisation is moving further and further away.

The attack on Georgia was a strategical mistake letting your ego get in the way of your goal.

Let me advice you to the following:

1. Unconditional surrender of the County of Cornwall;
  2. Unconditional surrender of the County of Caymans;
  3. Unconditional surrender of the County of Georgia;
  4. Unconditional surrender of the County of Les Cayes;
  5. No more attacks against any ports;

Perchance GB and US will grow back into something manageable and at some point in time be able to field a PB fleet worthy of your trouble. You'll just have to wait it out until such a fleet arrives at your ports. Granted you'll not have to do any screening whatsoever.

Maybe a satisfying GB leader will emergence if someone steps up from behind the shadow, but I fear that is unlikely to happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rhodry Heidenrich said:

It's PvP-2 all over again.

And that is what honestly sucks about all this. Thought we were gone from this crap but it seems the same people keep bringing the same crap back.

Join the new French way of thinking, attack anyone you like, and don't care what they think of you.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Duncan McFail said:

Actually I feel you are giving back those regions because you no longer can profit off of being the number 1 nation in the weekly challenge.   So why bother holding the lead when it doesnt get you anything of note.   

Again.. sorry to call you on the BS, but I can see right through that crap.

• Like 1

I know @koltes asked us not to post, but the reason is cause these post turn into a bunch of drama smack talking and half the time by folks not even involved in what it's about.   With that I'm going to make one comment post.

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

Actually I feel you are giving back those regions because you no longer can profit off of being the number 1 nation in the weekly challenge.   So why bother holding the lead when it doesnt get you anything of note.   

Again.. sorry to call you on the BS, but I can see right through that crap.

Take a look at the conquest screen.  We are in the lead.  We made this post before the current patch hotfix came out so it has nothing to do with the changes.  We offer to give up regions to other nations that will put more of a spread between us and GB but will give them more points.  We do expect to get attacked in a few weeks when folks hopefully regroup.  This will give other nations a better chance though instead of one power group having all the ports.  

Instead of all this smack talking and bitching GB should be taking the time to regroup and get organized and build up there fleets.  We will not attack those regions we believe are very important to there econ at this time (they might be attacked in the future though).   The same goes for US.  They could be taking this time to regroup, level up ships and get a good fleet built.   

One last thing before I go.  These are intentions only....they are not demands or anything else.  This little war in our eyes is over for now (no peace agreement or end has been talked about) until a later date.   GB can use the intentions announcement wisely or they can do what every they want to do, but that is all this is, is intetions of our actions.   We post these to stop folks from thinking and telling folks after one port is taken "THE PIRATES ARE ZERGING THE MAP."  Which we hear all the time when we take one port even though we only own one port our selves.  So we started to make post of our operations intentions to inform the players and give them a chance to react to them.

Out of here and have a good weekend folks.  Lets make the server strong and a better game for all.