Game-Labs Forum

Declaration of Victory and the Terms

Koltes

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I know @koltes asked us not to post, but the reason is cause these post turn into a bunch of drama smack talking....

Take a look at the conquest screen.  We are in the lead.  

Out of here and have a good weekend folks.  Lets make the server strong and a better game for all.

Hmm, you should've done what koltes asked you to do, because you just proved your own point in the first two sentences.

I do agree with your last sentence tho. ;)

On 7/21/2017 at 11:56 PM, Duncan McFail said:

Again. This is not a demand or an offer. This is our plans. This is what we are going to do. We could go about our business and take whatever territories we want. Instead we're taking some of your ports to get the control points we need. We were just reassuring you we weren't taking your major ports since you've all but given up. We're even giving you back that black eye at Savannah La Mar. We're doing this because players are starting to jump ship. Brits still control more ports than any other nation yet it becomes the end of the world when you lose a few ports. So in the interest of server health we are not rolling you. We're just cutting you down to a managable size. You don't need to like it, but you don't have a choice in it. 

Look, I don't mind all the roll playing and that you think you have beat a nation after a couple of wins. That is your own delusion. At the moment you are winning the war and I understand why you believe that nothing would change if you continued but winning a war is not a won war. Now if we capitulate to an offer then by all means claim victory or if you beat us back so that you control more than us then fine. Make your declarations. Withdrawal from conflict. If we don't strike back then you can run around claiming victory. But this is a side point.

I am not gonna participate in your delusion that what you put on the table was not an offer. Come on. It required action on our part. That is not a statement of intention, its a statement of demand. Backing off of that could be considered negotiation. And you know what... that is fine. Everything in life is negotiation. You shot for the moon in hopes that the Brits felt as defeated as you believed we were and found out that they have no interest in giving everything away to save their precious ships.

What all this really has highlighted is the broken shipbuilding mechanic imho. If we are only able to muster 20 guys against 25 and our PB caller is on vacation we risk the loss of a dozen ships or more. To loose those ships to a fight that is sketchy for us at best means that we may be out of a PB fleet for a week or more while those ships get replaced. In the meantime we get rolled because we have a PB fleet of 12 instead of even 20 if we choose to fight undermanned. It means that the loosing side at the beginning of a war is at such a huge disadvantage unless they have multiple fleets of PB ships and can win the second round, because they no longer have the ships to fight back and a bad loss in one PB can mean the end of a war because the replacement time for those ships can take weeks.

6 hours ago, Christendom said:

"We want fights!" - Sets port battle for 1am Monday morning.....

To late for you to early for us in aus/Nz to be there it will be 5pm Nz and 3pm aus, unfortunately this is we're having restriction on PB is adventagious. But hey we play the global server and we could do the same thing also 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2017 at 1:36 PM, Teutonic said:

And that is what honestly sucks about all this. Thought we were gone from this crap but it seems the same people keep bringing the same crap back.

Join the new French way of thinking, attack anyone you like, and don't care what they think of you.

Its unfortunate, but I think its inevitable with some of the characters involved on global.. Join EU ^^ We have soo much more fun, Sweden is the biggest nation and can muster 2 full PB fleets. EU server is booming atm :D

On 7/23/2017 at 5:34 PM, Christendom said:

Lemme get this straight. You and the rest of your fellas from US jump to GB cause your US mates "made you loose" a few PB's due to inexperience according to you. Maybe it was only one? Anyways you choosed to jump ship and join your enemies.. That was your reason to change nation.

Afterwards you declare total war on US only to farm conquest marks from the people you just abandoned, with a nation that already had enough players.

Now you get beaten by pirates!! BLACK even declare total victory and proclaim conditions.. You know who this reminds me of? 

Now you complain about PB timers, even though you were soo busy defending these "free for all timers" when US nation night-flipped EU nations on former EU server and almost killed the server...

Now the PB times on global does not suit you? and you lost as GB, trying to go ez mode as you like it. 

Karma is a bitch huh? ^^ 

On 7/24/2017 at 0:08 AM, Rebrall said:

To late for you to early for us in aus/Nz to be there it will be 5pm Nz and 3pm aus, unfortunately this is we're having restriction on PB is adventagious. But hey we play the global server and we could do the same thing also 

The restrictions on global sucks for some yea, hope they will change it for the better.

EU server is going swell. We lost some battles against the swedes, but we have real fun. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2017 at 11:34 AM, Christendom said:

For the first time in a long time it was the perfect time for West Coast US/CAN players.   

To bad I am none of those things.

5 hours ago, Hammerhaj said:

Its unfortunate, but I think its inevitable with some of the characters involved on global.. Join EU ^^ We have soo much more fun, Sweden is the biggest nation and can muster 2 full PB fleets. EU server is booming atm :D

If the EU server did not have restrictions on port battle timers I would be there. Unfortunately my time I can play is nowhere within those times so it's not worth it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

If the EU server did not have restrictions on port battle timers I would be there. Unfortunately my time I can play is nowhere within those times so it's not worth it.

I saw the swedes complaining here on the forums because people were grinding hostility outside of the 5 hour window, but yet the battle falls within the window.  So really what they want is a 3 hour port battle window.  At that point they should just go play another game.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hammerhaj said:

Lemme get this straight. You and the rest of your fellas from US jump to GB cause your US mates "made you loose" a few PB's due to inexperience according to you. Maybe it was only one? Anyways you choosed to jump ship and join your enemies.. That was your reason to change nation.

Afterwards you declare total war on US only to farm conquest marks from the people you just abandoned, with a nation that already had enough players.

Now you get beaten by pirates!! BLACK even declare total victory and proclaim conditions.. You know who this reminds me of? 

Now you complain about PB timers, even though you were soo busy defending these "free for all timers" when US nation night-flipped EU nations on former EU server and almost killed the server...

Now the PB times on global does not suit you? and you lost as GB, trying to go ez mode as you like it. 

Karma is a bitch huh? ^^ 

The restrictions on global sucks for some yea, hope they will change it for the better.

EU server is going swell. We lost some battles against the swedes, but we have real fun. 

I see you're still not bitter.........

Anyway I'm fine with early port battles.  If we can't make it, we can't make it.  The world goes on living.  The pirates personally came to me asking why we weren't showing up at some of the fights (because "all they want is fights") and I told them they were setting them too late.  Brits are a multi timezone nation and we can only really fight when there is overlap.  The pirates then proceeded to set the very next port battle at....1am.  So either they need to call a spade a spade and just say they are going after empty ports   OR  start setting fights a little earlier for us or the weekends.  

Actually the pirates are the ZERG nation now to be honest.  They have the largest group of consistently active RVR players, especially now after the US and Brit exoduses.  And While I appreciate you being a loyal follower of my movings and dealings, you should at least get the facts straight.  We didn't go to the brits because they were the largest or the "zerg" nation.  We went there because we had our PVP1 buds here mostly and we wanted to link up with them.  The wheels were in motion before we lost a couple battles in the US.  We actually tried to get everyone to go Spanish and make it great again, but we got loyal brits who HAVE to wear the jack and didn't want to switch.  But keep beating that drum that my guys just wanted to join the zerg nation, we're now probably the most active and numerous clan that shows up to PBs. 

Anyway keep your bitter feelings and salt about EU on the EU server (between 17:00 - 22:00)  We've moved on.  You don't matter anymore.  I suggest you do the same.

Edited by Christendom

12 hours ago, Izrid said:

So uh, any update to this? Kind of curious to see what happens next

Brits are still being reactive rather than proactive.

Problem is they are the only team that really has the numbers to be proactive against the Pirates. USA can't do it. France can't do it. If the British were just out there every day raising contention on a Pirate port somewhere -- anywhere -- they'd probably kickstart this war. I think Brits have the mindset that they "need to wait for the weekend" when "everyone is on" but there are certainly weekday clans that play enough. No reason they couldn't be running up contention and making the pirates fight fires on a daily basis.

I do wonder what it is the Brits do all day during the week.

So as it stands, not much is happening right now, except for OW PvP. Pirates have mostly stopped hitting British ports. British have mostly stopped defending against the Pirates. France has been trying to take a base closer to the middle of the map so we can get in on this war but the British don't want to give up anything and we can't take a Pirate port since the British aren't fighting them. I assume USA is in the same position as the French: they would like to take Pirate ports but with the British continuing to sit on their hands, there is nobody to seriously distract the Pirates and USA isn't gonna beat them head to head.

6 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Well right now we've been busy showing up at port battles the french keep flipping on us even though they don't have the numbers to fill them.  Not exactly ideal, but we're getting good line practice in those empty battles.  We're also busy sinking Frenchies (aka your clan) who for some reason really want to level up the Santa Fe region even though they have no hope of taking it.  

TLDR the brits are busy every night out of the week fighting french in our waters who like to kick dead horses instead of moving on to more lively targets like the pirates.  I mean who doesn't like to club seals when the other option shoots back right?

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Brits are still being reactive rather than proactive.

Problem is they are the only team that really has the numbers to be proactive against the Pirates. USA can't do it. France can't do it. If the British were just out there every day raising contention on a Pirate port somewhere -- anywhere -- they'd probably kickstart this war. I think Brits have the mindset that they "need to wait for the weekend" when "everyone is on" but there are certainly weekday clans that play enough. No reason they couldn't be running up contention and making the pirates fight fires on a daily basis.

So as it stands, not much is happening right now, except for OW PvP. Pirates have mostly stopped hitting British ports. British have mostly stopped defending against the Pirates. France has been trying to take a base closer to the middle of the map so we can get in on this war but the British don't want to give up anything and we can't take a Pirate port since the British aren't fighting them. I assume USA is in the same position as the French: they would like to take Pirate ports but with the British continuing to sit on their hands, there is nobody to seriously distract the Pirates and USA isn't gonna beat them head to head.

Its strange that you still blame the inactivity on the Brits when at the moment the Pirates are the ones with the power. If you believe the OP the Brits got their butts kicked and are now being given a chance to rebuild. The Pirates are the ones now sitting back consolidating their gains, surely the inactivity is now due to them.

Just now, Archaos said:

Its strange that you still blame the inactivity on the Brits when at the moment the Pirates are the ones with the power. If you believe the OP the Brits got their butts kicked and are now being given a chance to rebuild. The Pirates are the ones now sitting back consolidating their gains, surely the inactivity is now due to them.

The pirates shoot back.  King of Crowns and Slamz like easy targets.  

7 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Well right now we've been busy showing up at port battles the french keep flipping on us even though they don't have the numbers to fill them.

We need teleports that get us out of the corner.

You have literally like a dozen completely useless ports. We picked Sante Fe because it's probably the least useful area on the map, but it does give us a teleport to and from FR. Clearly nobody is using it because trade goods are stacked up like firewood around there, but you won't even give that up.

There is still talk of making a deal with the Pirates to give France a couple ports in Haiti again. I imagine "the deal" would be that we don't attack BLACK anymore, or their British trader alts, and instead just focus on raiding the Brits (that was the previous deal). I've been naysaying this plan because I want to kill Pirates but you're not really helping.

As it stands, we are killing the British because you are literally in the way. We have no practical means of getting at the Pirates but we can get at you.

You are facing a classic 3-way battle scenario. When your two enemies are both beating on you, fall back in such a way that they can get at each other and then see what happens.

29 minutes ago, Slamz said:

You have literally like a dozen completely useless ports. We picked Sante Fe because it's probably the least useful area on the map, but it does give us a teleport to and from FR. Clearly nobody is using it because trade goods are stacked up like firewood around there, but you won't even give that up.

There is still talk of making a deal with the Pirates to give France a couple ports in Haiti again. I imagine "the deal" would be that we don't attack BLACK anymore, or their British trader alts, and instead just focus on raiding the Brits (that was the previous deal). I've been naysaying this plan because I want to kill Pirates but you're not really helping.

As it stands, we are killing the British because you are literally in the way. We have no practical means of getting at the Pirates but we can get at you.

You are facing a classic 3-way battle scenario. When your two enemies are both beating on you, fall back in such a way that they can get at each other and then see what happens.

I've proposed a couple of solutions to your problem of being in the black hole in the bottom right to @Teutonic, who comes back saying "PURGE will not agree".  Aka your clan.  Remember the reason you are down there is because you didn't defend PaP or Les Cayes.  Even a temporary cessation of hostilities seems to be unreasonable to you guys, so I guess I'm sorry.  If you want a jumping off point you either have to earn it from us in battle or agree to our terms.  Seems reasonable to me.  We're not going to willingly give you our territory so you can keep on hitting our shipping and noobs.  Neither are the pirates.  You do realize how diplomacy works right?

@Teutonic asked me the other day if we'd willing give you guys Santa Marta.  I asked if you guys would be willing to stop attacking our shipping down there until new territories could be won for you.  The answer was No, PURGE won't agree to it.  Why in god's name would we willing give you territory of our own so you can keep attacking our players.

The ball is in your court.  Keep it in your pants for a week and maybe your situation could be resolved.  or Don't and keep making those long sails.  Either is fine by me.

The part of all this that I find amusing is that BLACK is trying to be a controlling factor and will soon find that doing so will become increasingly more difficult with certain clans switching sides to pirate who I fully expect to not follow any desires that BLACK has and will continue to do exactly what they did when they were part of a Nation, and that is they will do as they want regardless. So any proposals that BLACK wants to present and uphold will be undermined by those that refuse to end things and are even more so inclined to not cease when they now have the upper hand by hanging on to BLACK's coat tails. So that main advantage that the pirates have over nations of being able to attack their own will soon, if not already be used in an attempt to curtail the actions of these renegades. Now, why the Nations are viewed as 'absolutely will' abuse GnG whereas the Pirates will not is odd to me. Players are players regardless of what flag is stapled to their backside at the current time. So now you have the very players who the devs claimed were going to abuse GnG are NOW part of the only faction that CAN do GnG. 

2 hours ago, Slamz said:

I hope you know I like Sante Fe, I have a nice hacienda there it overlooks the south beach.  The water is blue and the weather is good.   I am glad to see visitors in my home but I really wish you all would quit scaring off the fish... fishing used to be so good here.  

BTW good fights last night, I am sad I missed the PVP with you all but CKA mopped the decks with your ships so I wasnt needed, instead I worked on killing NPC ships to counter your hostility.

Oh nice Niagaras by the way.

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

I've proposed a couple of solutions to your problem of being in the black hole in the bottom right to @Teutonic, who comes back saying "PURGE will not agree".  Aka your clan.  Remember the reason you are down there is because you didn't defend PaP or Les Cayes.  

We're open world PvPers.

We are going to open world PvP someone.

I'm tired of "deals", except on an ad hoc basis.

We (well, PURGE anyway) would prefer to kill Pirates but as long as you keep putting yourself between us and them, I guess we'll be fighting you due to lack of alternatives. The counter-offers we've seen have not met the needed criteria: must give us a reasonable position to attack the pirates from; cannot be a port the pirates will have any fun attacking; preferably serves as a jumping off point for other ports so we can't simply lose 1 port battle and be thrown back to FR again.

The Tampa area fails the second two checks, for example: Pirates would gladly just go take it and then we're done. My original idea was to start at New Orleans and sweep east (Pirates could kick us out but at least it's a long sail) but we were told Britain said "no" to that, because I guess territory up in Louisiana that 3 of you use is super critical to your strategy right now.

Of course Pirates might take Santa Fe from us too but I'd be amused watching BLACK sail around Cuba in 25 6th rates.

We didn't defend PaP or Les Cayes because your Aussies took them at literally 8am US east coast time / 5am west coast. Not much we can do about that. (I actually got up for Les Cayes and we did defend it but only so much you can do 12 vs 25 at 8am.) We were probably killing more British pirate trader alts up there than actual Brits, too. (This was actually a point of contention with BLACK. They thought their agreement with us should include safety for their alts. We disagreed. Clan tag or death!)

11 minutes ago, Hodo said:

but CKA mopped the decks with your ships

Pfft, we've been killing their heavies every night. Last night was the first time we lost a ship and we still killed another Indefatigable.

And then CKA teleported down to Santa Marta and got killed by WO outside the port battle. Same guys who were fighting us.

Looking at the British strategy is like watching the Romans send their legions off to fight the Picts while Rome itself is being plundered by invaders.

I do enjoy fighting you guys but I hate to see a bad strategy. Just looks like stubbornness to me. (I mean we're stubborn too but we really have nothing else to do. There's nothing to do in the Antilles and we are tired of living out of free ports. YOU guys have lots of options but only seem interested in fighting the Picts while Rome burns behind you.)

2 hours ago, Slamz said:

Of course Pirates might take Santa Fe from us too but I'd be amused watching BLACK sail around Cuba in 25 6th rates.

I would be interested to see BLACK sail anything other than Ships of the Line.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I would be interested to see BLACK sail anything other than Ships of the Line.  

Heard stories, if you believe such things, that they do sail the ships of the line of the shallows. That is, if you believe such things. The stories I mean.

• Like 1