Game-Labs Forum

Declaration of Victory and the Terms

Koltes

Just now, Duncan McFail said:

Same response to you. Do you really think your nation population should determine whether you can win any pb? The alternative to this offer is we take Cartagena, Belize, Bragman's Bluff, Campeche, and Vera Cruz. In that exact order. Make your choice son. 

Says the largest, most powerful nation on global ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

1 minute ago, Duncan McFail said:

Same response to you. Do you really think your nation population should determine whether you can win any pb? The alternative to this offer is we take Cartagena, Belize, Bragman's Bluff, Campeche, and Vera Cruz. In that exact order. Make your choice son. 

My post is as clear as it can be are you having a problem understanding it ? 

16 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Says the largest, most powerful nation on global ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not the largest, though I think we might of took US spot of number 2 or tied with it.  GB still has way more numbers than we do.  Now for the most powerful I won't denie that one...lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duncan McFail said:

So your saying instead of fighting a port battle 25v25 we should get screened in by the whole nation. That's hilarious. When I say screened I mean intercepted by dozens of spineless 5th rates that run from us without giving a fight. No thank you. As long as we have a way to avoid that we will. Get a 25 man group that can beat us instead. That sounds as even as I can make it.

Not saying anything beside that screeners can be countered by the screening fleet of the attackers, hiding using the pirates mechanics can be done only by pirates . Screening fleets were always part of the game, still is a mechanic of the game and unless Dev's decide PB battles start with 25vs25 ships it's still something.

Now if dev's change it so OW doesn't matter anymore and 25vs25 ships get teleported directly into a PB it will be a different thing, for now it ain't like this, and i don't have a decided opinion about if good or bad mechanic honestly, but about the fact that a single Nation have an advantage other don't have is something not making all play on even fields. Waiting to see what the Dev's will say about the use of this in the tribunal post so i won't much more on this subject before seeing what they have to say about it.

Edited by Kanay

Just now, The Red Duke said:

Not diminishing any of the individual valor of any player under the black but...

If you cannot enter a PB without loopholes you destroy them in the OW.

Oh give it a rest.  We showed up to the last three port battles without using a fleet to jump into.  We used the new fleet group mechanics and they didn't show.   Once they couldn't use there numbers and crappy ships to screen us cause they couldn't apparently beat us (after one defeat) in a Port Battle they stopped fighting.   That shows it never was about the game mechanics.  They are pissed they couldn't use there own exploits (bad BR tag mechanics) to stop us from entering the PB.  

We told them from day one bring a proper fleet and we will fight you out side the Port battle and never enter.  

I won't ever give it a rest sir :), in good nature I cannot.

Even while chasing a poor sod I do it honest. Even while being chased I will do it honest. I welcome loss if it is honestly gained by my opponent.

There's more ways to skin a cat other than resort to pieces out of the gaming board. Making them spread their numbers and concentrate your smaller numbers at one point would do way better than having to overcome a faux-perception of the numbers advantage.

The honest captains under the Emperor did prove it. Without holes.

1 minute ago, The Red Duke said:

I won't ever give it a rest sir :), in good nature I cannot.

Even while chasing a poor sod I do it honest. Even while being chased I will do it honest. I welcome loss if it is honestly gained by my opponent.

There's more ways to skin a cat other than resort to pieces out of the gaming board. Making them spread their numbers and concentrate your smaller numbers at one point would do way better than having to overcome a faux-perception of the numbers advantage.

The honest captains under the Emperor did prove it. Without holes.

Than bitch at them for using broken BR mechanics and griefing tactics to try to keep us out of a port battle. IF they where so good they would meet us in  fair fight of 25 vs 25 in the port battle.  Once the couldn't use there own exploiting mechanics they stopped fighting.  We didn't even have a full 25 in that one port battle too.

Honest questions and unfortunately I can't ask it in any way other than making sound like I'm trolling but I'll try anyway...

Why is GB using their population advantage when they have other logisitical, political, organizational, etc. weaknesses bad when it's OK for Pirates to use pirate-on-pirate battles to exchange ships/repairs, "position" fleets strategically, etc. to offset their "numbers weakness"?

Why is it people ask for "Fair" fights, yet will take any advantage they have (intended or non-intended game mechanics included) to make sure it doesn't happen unless under the very specific conditions those same people deem appropriate?

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Than bitch at them for using broken BR mechanics and griefing tactics to try to keep us out of a port battle. IF they where so good they would meet us in  fair fight of 25 vs 25 in the port battle.  Once the couldn't use there own exploiting mechanics they stopped fighting.  We didn't even have a full 25 in that one port battle too.

Texas, you know I love ya man. But see, using mass numbers to keep a fleet out of PB is much different than using invisibility to get in.

One has a reasonable and realistic premise, the other is a complete gamey exploit.

Naturally in ALL warfare its never a even fight. Imagine a total war campaign where you wanted to march an army from Greece to take Rome. Do you think you're just going to get a completely even full stack v full stack battle? No, they're gonna send every army in Italy, big or small to attack you and wear you down before you get to the siege. You know why this can happen? Because you didn't work your way there, so they can move tons of armies from all around to attack you.

Basically what you guys want is for every battle to be a 25v25 flip of the coin style because you know you can win that way. This isn't Naval Action Legends.

That's why no one really likes BLACK. You guys defend this and belittle others because they don't play the way you do when that's actually NOT how the game was meant to be played.

Yes you win, but you ruin the game for everyone else who wants to play fairly. It's kinda selfish :/

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Texas, you know I love ya man. But see, using mass numbers to keep a fleet out of PB is much different that using invisibility to get in.

One has a reasonable and realistic premise, the other is a complete gamey exploit.

Naturally in ALL warfare its never a even fight. Imagine a total war campaign where you wanted to march an army from Greece to take Rome. Do you think you're just going to get a completely even full stack v full stack battle? No, they're gonna send every army in Italy, big or small to attack you and wear you down before you get to the siege. You know why this can happen? Because you didn't work your way there, so they can move tons of armies from all around to attack you.

Basically what you guys want is for every battle to be a 25v25 flip of the coin style because you know you can win that way. This isn't Naval Action Legends.

That's why no one really likes BLACK. You guys defend this and belittle others because they don't play the way you do when that's actually NOT how the game was meant to be played.

Yes you win, but you ruin the game for everyone else who wants to play fairly. It's kinda selfish :/

well said sir i completely agree

Gotta a lot of smack talking mods here that's for sure. What's funny is you all think pirate battles are what gets us into pb's. Pirate battles stay open for an hour and joining is positional. If you can't get to your pb's early enough to stop that situation then you have no dedication. And for everyone who touts "you need to go through their whole nation of screeners" is on crack. Our first crack at PaP was 50v100 which meant 25v75 screeners. We're the only nation close enough to oppose those numbers and I'll be damned if I'm going to let this carebear nation grief us for hours before a pb just cause they can't contend with us inside the port battle. I'd rather see the devs get rid of ow speeds/instances because that would get rid of this problem and be more realistic. We use game mechanics to enter pbs as much as brits use game mechanics to keep us out. Go suck an egg if it upsets you. 

This actually comes back to an earlier point.  The US wants Savana back, but the BLACK is "giving" back Savana la Mar (or whatever it's called).

Here's the reason why one is being handed back and not the other.  K/PR is a dead hunting ground.  Anyone who actually hunts there knows this.  BLACK gets nothing out of keeping it, and gets to create the illusion that they are "owed" something.  Why not give back Georgia to the US?  Because 1.  Easy access to Live Oak, 2.  The Americans still operate out of Charleston.  BLACK is still getting some PvP out of it against Captains of similar skill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duncan McFail said:

We use game mechanics to enter pbs as much as brits use game mechanics to keep us out. Go suck an egg if it upsets you. 

See, now that is a reasonable position to take (minus the sucking eggs part).

So Duncan, you are saying if you have a defensive PB agains a nation you have to turn up 30 mins before to screen. But EVERY OTHER NATION has to turn up at least 2 hours before to find the battle you've hidden in. It's not the fact that you do it that pisses everyone off, it's the fact that ONLY pirates can do it. That is why it is an exploit, because you are using a mechanic that no one else has for something it was never designed to be used for.

I think Pirates should not be a nation. I think they should not have the ability to build any big ships and that they should not be able to take ports. They should be compensated for this by being able to set up ports in places on the map that no nation can - they should be able to move these periodically so that no one really knows where they are, but if they are discovered and fought off, they can run and re-group. That would, in my opinion be a better role for pirates, rather than a nation that can do everything a nation can plus extra things the rest of us can't.

3 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

This actually comes back to an earlier point.  The US wants Savana back, but the BLACK is "giving" back Savana la Mar (or whatever it's called).

Here's the reason why one is being handed back and not the other.  K/PR is a dead hunting ground.  Anyone who actually hunts there knows this.  BLACK gets nothing out of keeping it, and gets to create the illusion that they are "owed" something.  Why not give back Georgia to the US?  Because 1.  Easy access to Live Oak, 2.  The Americans still operate out of Charleston.  BLACK is still getting some PvP out of it against Captains of similar skill.

We give back Savannah la Mar because we're close enough to hunt at KPR regardless. We keep Savannah because it's the sole port we've taken from the US and it's nice hunting grounds. Plus they earned it after attacking 2 of our ports and running up 5 others we've had to bring down. 

And that comment of "captains of similar skill" would earn you being one ported if you weren't already. I noticed you didn't show your face around mort again after losing your last ship until you get Mario mushroom 🍄 power to get your rear in the clear. Try getting a decent group against us before opening your mouth... oh wait you're in a nation with 1 other person. My bad. 

Just now, woodenfish said:

So Duncan, you are saying if you have a defensive PB agains a nation you have to turn up 30 mins before to screen. But EVERY OTHER NATION has to turn up at least 2 hours before to find the battle you've hidden in. It's not the fact that you do it that pisses everyone off, it's the fact that ONLY pirates can do it. That is why it is an exploit, because you are using a mechanic that no one else has for something it was never designed to be used for.

I think Pirates should not be a nation. I think they should not have the ability to build any big ships and that they should not be able to take ports. They should be compensated for this by being able to set up ports in places on the map that no nation can - they should be able to move these periodically so that no one really knows where they are, but if they are discovered and fought off, they can run and re-group. That would, in my opinion be a better role for pirates, rather than a nation that can do everything a nation can plus extra things the rest of us can't.

We don't screen and I could care less what you think.