Game-Labs Forum

Declaration of Victory and the Terms

Koltes

The operation against GB was not planned, but the tension of disagreements on the Global chat and the pressure of constant hostilities around Pirate regions have resulted short, but furious 2 weeks of Port Battles and Open World engagements both sides fighting on par with each other.

The battle for Port-au-Prince was the breaking point in this short War badly affecting GB's will to fight and the following Port Battles in George Town and Les Cayes were given up without fight. 

General crowd is now fleeing the nation everyday fearing that Pirates will now come to their home doorways, plunder and destroy everything to one tiny region proudly called the Capital.

On one side Pirates could continue doing what the enemy in real life would do - take everything and don't give a chance to rebuild and retaliate. This has been done before and did not help the server a single bit. This is our game and we all have to look after it.
Therefore, we have decided otherwise. In the best interest of Pirates, GB and the server as a whole we are declaring the Victory over GB on the terms listed below. After this the Conquest War between GB and Pirates will be over. We will remain hostile towards each other and welcome all kinds of Open World PVP fighting by any means possible both sides see fit.

The TERMS
I. BLACK will NOT attack Cartagena de Indias and Belize regions giving GB resources and place to rebuild;
II. BLACK will take Portobelo as a jump point for our hunting in the area;
III. US to take Penzacola and Gasparilla regions in order to rebuilt. GB not to show up and let US to take them, else BLACK will take them and then pass it to US later. If we will have to take them we will accidentally take more than originally intended;
IV. After this weekend BLACK will give back to GB Savanna la Mar region to boost their morale and give them some space. GB can start grinding hostility on Monday. After this weekend BLACK clan will not defend this port;
V. BLACK will take or allocate to one or more nations the rest of the Northern Gulf territories to ensure its leading position on the Conquest Leaderboard and that other nations have means to build up.

On behalf of BLACK / BLOOD clan members I would like to thank all GB players for giving us a great fight in Port-au-Prince. This is what makes NA so great. The battle was fantastic. The fight was fearsome and very very tactical, strategic and challenging. We wish GB the best of luck to rebuild which we are sure will happen in no time.

Edited by koltes
  • Like 10

The recent events show that we, players, should think better when choosing a nation and not ALL rush to a single nation and leave three other nations almost devoid of population.

Sorry for the sidenote.

Salute.

• Like 9

Seems reasonable and wise decision, might come too late already tho, many starting player left since Savanna fall down for what i could see in chat activity or from my friends list where many new players you help a bit at the start invite you,  some older ones too or soon gonna do it for what i can see... Not really happy to see Portobello taken and pirates able to hit right and left from there, getting a very strategic foothold in the region, cutting trading routes and able to hit  easily  in what is for now still a bit populated areas ... could have been worse too... Savanna coming back will be good to see but not really change much for Jamaica, especially for starting players around KPR, i mean it's one of the most hit capitals in this game as placed in the center of the map and easy to access, it will remain like this no matter if half Jamaica is black or yellow or blue or if it's full red.

Still not sure of what i will do next, still moving some stuff around and trying to get them more safe for now, trying to not loose all i spent a bit more than a month now to get, building and collecting stuff alone by myself, investing lot of my time in this game since i came back to it, already lost close to 4M hard earned cash + buildings, warehouses extensions, one man clan warehouse, or shipyard that i will soon or already have abandoned... But more than cash I lost a few hundred of hours sailing across the entire Brit waters and cities collecting stuff as a lone player, well I'm in clan but it's a one man clan to get a cheaper way to store stuff with clan warehouse, that's hurt me the most while not having a word to say on what was going with politics, drama's and all the BS that repeats again and again not matter the Nation or the server it seems... resulted in the current situation where i guess many just have to wait and see the end fate and accept it as a fact...

Not sure i still have the motivation to invest time and pursue after loosing so much time and efforts invested in game since i came back to it, especially with current game mechanics of raising hostilities in a blink or taking 5-6-7 cities at once and so many other things/ game mechanics that are wrong now with this game. Game used to be entertaining and rewarding, rewarding from a personal achievements point of view no matter the "career" or way of playing you decided to choose. If anything the current GB situation just showed me even more how fubar the game is in his current state, something i noticed quite quickly after my come back tho but if needed to get my eyes even more open this done it...

Anyways, not much more to say than wait and see after that bad mood resulting in a loss of so much efforts done and most of them lost in a blink... then will come the time to take some decisions for me, but thanks for your choice, will most probably help in not killing the server more than it was already done... if it ain't too late already which I'm afraid it is for many who got a bad taste remaining in the mouth after all this.

Edited by Kanay
  • Like 3

Too much thinking there Kanay. ( not dispensing the reasoning of it, not at all, but one step at a time instead of thinking about all things at once )

Take it as it comes, one fight at a time. But one fight can change the world. I think we proved that.

I know that's why i take the time of reflexion and for now just focusing in moving stuff and put it in safe place before seeing what next move i will do or if i will even do a next move after that or if the game is still worth to invest time on it, but i can guarantee you that since SLM things have changed and not really for the best, that's only from my point of view, from my eyes, not speaking for anyone else or for a Nation, just me. Will continue and try to get my stuff more secure and save what can still be saved and only then see what i will do next and what will be the global situation around me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kanay said:

Seems reasonable and wise decision, might come too late already tho, many starting player left since Savanna fall down for what i could see in chat activity or from my friends list where many new players you help a bit at the start invite you,  some older ones too or soon gonna do it for what i can see... Not really happy to see Portobello taken and pirates able to hit right and left from there, getting a very strategic foothold in the region, cutting trading routes and able to hit  easily  in what is for now still a bit populated areas ... could have been worse too... Savanna coming back will be good to see but not really change much for Jamaica, especially for starting players around KPR, i mean it's one of the most hit capitals in this game as placed in the center of the map and easy to access, it will remain like this no matter if half Jamaica is black or yellow or blue or if it's full red.

This is a problem. We took one port and the largest population nation gave up. For the people who left I'm sorry. But when the going gets rough if your first response is to quit the game then this server is not for you. We have a pve server just for that mentality. British still have more ports than us... for now. We haven't even taken a port that people have been in long term. There are predators and food in this game. We have a high percentage of predators in our nation. You have a high percentage of food in yours. Predators need food to survive. We're just giving you a manageable area until you can turn that food into more predators. And this is all dictated by the constraints of who gains victory marks. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:

Sorry red duke. I quoted Kanay on that. Don't know why it quoted you. My bad. Maybe because I'm on my phone. 

lol it had nothing to do with the drink in his hand.

Edited by JobaSet

Sorry red duke. I quoted Kanay on that. Don't know why it quoted you. My bad. Maybe because I'm on my phone. 

No trouble, was a welcome distraction from writing a harsh work email.

14 minutes ago, Kanay said:

I know that's why i take the time of reflexion and for now just focusing in moving stuff and put it in safe place before seeing what next move i will do or if i will even do a next move after that or if the game is still worth to invest time on it, but i can guarantee you that since SLM things have changed and not really for the best, that's only from my point of view, from my eyes, not speaking for anyone else or for a Nation, just me. Will continue and try to get my stuff more secure and save what can still be saved and only then see what i will do next and what will be the global situation around me.

Just to let you know Kanay if you come pirate(and this goes for everyone else that gets the bright idea to go pirate for victory marks) we will kill you every time we see you. Same goes for anyone else that swaps without our approval. God it's good to be a pirate 😎

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

The US demands Georgia back!

We will not take any lesser conditions!

US is not in any place to be demanding any thing.  We have offered you two ports that you lost to GB.  Don't bite the hand that is feeding you.   A rabid dog can be put down real fast.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:

Just to let you know Kanay if you come pirate(and this goes for everyone else that gets the bright idea to go pirate for victory marks) we will kill you every time we see you. Same goes for anyone else that swaps without our approval. God it's good to be a pirate 😎

Be reassured, i prefer to sail ships not needing the new stupid victory marks,  a system only created to bring more alt accounts to the game and fund a bit more the arena project i guess, not interested in fat arse ships in this game so it doesn't hurt me much from this point of view and I really don't have in mind to turn pirate, you can keep your threats for someone else if it's the kind of stuff that pleases you to do but don't worry you won't see me with a black flag soon . Might try pirate Faction one day in this game tho, maybe at release or later to see how it is and explore the shallows islands around but not gonna happen anytime soon... if it even happens.

Once a Nation starts to get smashed many of the leavers will not join another regular Nation but will join the back flag ranks, Pirates as far as i could see is the only faction able to expand his territories and recruit players from the Nations they have conquered, no other Nation is able to expand like the pirates and grow up in population at the same time, thus giving it more resources and manpower to keep the hand on the conquered lands.

42 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:

This is a problem. We took one port and the largest population nation gave up. For the people who left I'm sorry. But when the going gets rough if your first response is to quit the game then this server is not for you. We have a pve server just for that mentality. British still have more ports than us... for now. We haven't even taken a port that people have been in long term. There are predators and food in this game. We have a high percentage of predators in our nation. You have a high percentage of food in yours. Predators need food to survive. We're just giving you a manageable area until you can turn that food into more predators. And this is all dictated by the constraints of who gains victory marks.

For what i can tell, again this engage only me, my personal point of view only, many did not even bother come to defend seeing how things were done for SLM, pirates using a mechanic to hide by attacking each others a bit before the server restart in a pirate vs pirate battle... For a "Nation" that was supposed to be the hardcore playing mode in this game getting such advantages and not playing on a even field with other regular Nations is something pushing some back i think and i somehow understand this.

Edit : seems like victory marks encouraging alts was modified in today's patch, so it's a good thing i guess

Edited by Kanay

Do to use of loopholes so you don't need to play vs screeners and your statement that your guild was going to use any means you can to bypass the basic rules of the game because you do not like them is why i do not accept any terms put on the table by Black/Blood.

To me you are and always will be a pest nothing more sure you can take ports the fact is I don't give a rats ass.

And for claiming victory after that we did ignore your port battles in spite of playing against exploiters is pathetic to say at best.

4 minutes ago, Kanay said:

For what i can tell, again this engage only me, my personal point of view only, many did not even bother come to defend seeing how things were done for SLM, pirates using a mechanic to hide by attacking each others a bit before the server restart in a pirate vs pirate battle... For a "Nation" that was supposed to be the hardcore playing mode in this game getting such advantages and not playing on a even field with other regular Nations is something pushing some back i think and i somehow understand this.

So your saying instead of fighting a port battle 25v25 we should get screened in by the whole nation. That's hilarious. When I say screened I mean intercepted by dozens of spineless 5th rates that run from us without giving a fight. No thank you. As long as we have a way to avoid that we will. Get a 25 man group that can beat us instead. That sounds as even as I can make it. 

So your saying instead of fighting a port battle 25v25 we should get screened in by the whole nation. That's hilarious. When I say screened I mean intercepted by dozens of spineless 5th rates that run from us without giving a fight. No thank you. As long as we have a way to avoid that we will. Get a 25 man group that can beat us instead. That sounds as even as I can make it. 

Well that's kind of the point of OW. If you want to capture a port by the capital, you have to take on everyone at and near it aswell.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

3 minutes ago, Scout said:

Do to use of loopholes so you don't need to play vs screeners and your statement that your guild was going to use any means you can to bypass the basic rules of the game because you do not like them is why i do not accept any terms put on the table by Black/Blood.

To me you are and always will be a pest nothing more sure you can take ports the fact is I don't give a rats ass.

And for claiming victory after that we did ignore your port battles in spite of playing against exploiters is pathetic to say at best.

Same response to you. Do you really think your nation population should determine whether you can win any pb? The alternative to this offer is we take Cartagena, Belize, Bragman's Bluff, Campeche, and Vera Cruz. In that exact order. Make your choice son.