Game-Labs Forum

Declaration of Victory and the Terms

Koltes

Internal arguing straight after the wipe is what has caused all this

Brits are arguing among themselves as to what and where to attack , splits occur , Nation gets smaller , get more disorganized

French , after wipe , outnumbered , try and fail with alliances and start fighting among themselves , get more disorganized

USA , split occurs straight after wipe due to internal conflicts, mass defections who then attack their previous nation , get more disorganzed

Dutch , Sweden and early Danes aren't really involved in much goings on , Danes cause french problems until a treaty comes into force. French PVP'ers start roaming and having fun

Pirates, while all that has been going on, get Organized .

Right now they are top dog and no amount of childish whining will do much to change it , the rest have to get organized and fight back

did you expect the Pirates to keep their word ?

4 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

Internal arguing straight after the wipe is what has caused all this

Brits are arguing among themselves as to what and where to attack , splits occur , Nation gets smaller , get more disorganized

French , after wipe , outnumbered , try and fail with alliances and start fighting among themselves , get more disorganized

USA , split occurs straight after wipe due to internal conflicts, mass defections who then attack their previous nation , get more disorganzed

Dutch , Sweden and early Danes aren't really involved in much goings on , Danes cause french problems until a treaty comes into force. French PVP'ers start roaming and having fun

Pirates, while all that has been going on, get Organized .

Right now they are top dog and no amount of childish whining will do much to change it , the rest have to get organized and fight back

Let me go ahead and correct you, everything that's wrong with the nations are a result of broken PB mechanics and the ability of a single nation to abuse those mechanics.

Brits-falling apart after Savannah La Mar

US-Falling apart after Savannah

All the other nations-Small and lucky they didn't have to experience it

Nation organization is a meme, all you need is a single clan to set and win PBs

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

No, I never expected them to keep their word. What I disliked is that they gave their word in the first place with such arrogance. There was no need for it, they should just have carried on playing the way they wanted rather than making some grand announcement to the server.

Just now, Archaos said:

No, I never expected them to keep their word. What I disliked is that they gave their word in the first place with such arrogance. There was no need for it, they should just have carried on playing the way they wanted rather than making some grand announcement to the server.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

On 7/28/2017 at 8:07 AM, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

LOL  When the Brits night-flipped Les Cayes and Port-au-Prince away from us did you somehow think France was suddenly going to become ambivalent about getting the Brits out of those ports?  If the Dutch kicked the Brits out of Haiti then France probably would have helped them.  If the Danes ran the Brits out France may even have helped them. 

no we flipped it on a weekend...night flipping isnt a thing on global and the aussies are nice enought o do it on thieir time so be grateful not bitchy

Edited by Fastidius
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fastidius said:

no we flipped it on a weekend...night flipping isnt a thing on global and the aussies are nice enought o do it on thieir time so be grateful not bitchy

Sorry, I didn't realize you were generously thinking of saving us time by having those at hours most of us wouldn't be able to attend.  Thank you!  :wub:

12 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Sorry, I didn't realize you were generously thinking of saving us time by having those at hours most of us wouldn't be able to attend.  Thank you!  :wub:

So you want pistols at Dawn, is that your dawn or the dawn of somebody else who is 6 hours behind you ? Come on this is Global, the server that doesn't sleep .  :P

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

I think what a lot of people in this thread seem to forget is the reason why many people on the Brit side decided to stop defending ports. They did not stop fighting because they thought you would get bored and go away, a lot stopped fighting because they way a game mechanic was being used to get a fleet into a port battle circumventing the defense.

Now you can argue the rights and wrongs of it till you are blue in the face but it raises a fundamental problem with the game mechanics. On the Pirates side in this case they felt that the British tactic of flooding the area with screeners whose sole objective was to kite the port battle fleet so they could not enter the battle was unfair, and I would agree that it is a bad game mechanic that allows that. So they found a game mechanic that allowed them to avoid the screen, but now the British felt that using the outlaw battle mechanic (or any other NPC/alt battle) to completely avoid the screen and enter the port battle was unfair use of a game mechanic too. So both sides feel they have a valid grievance, The Pirates will not fight PB's if they cannot find a way round the screening issue and the Brits wont defend if the Pirates can avoid the screen.

I think in the end it has to come down to the Devs to sort out these game mechanics somehow. For an OW game the ability to screen port battles should be a valid play style, but it should not just be a case of tag and chase, there should be a battle. The issue then arises on how do smaller nations ever manage to get into port battles as they will always struggle with the numbers to get past the large nation screeners.

Personally I think inserting game mechanics that allows smaller groups compete on the same terms as a larger groups is bad as it can end up skewing the game. If it is made too easy for a small nation to get into port battles then all you really need is a nation of 25 dedicated people to fight port battles. This small group can become very strong as they work closely together while the larger nation has to contend with giving many people opportunities in port battles, thus not getting to the same effectiveness as the smaller group.

If at the same time they allow direct access into port battles avoiding the screeners then they may as well do away with the OW RvR and make it a lobby RvR game. 

I do not have the answers to these problems, but I do feel these are some of the root causes of the current situation on Global server and there is no point hurling abuse at each other but rather try and come up with suggestions as to how these problems can be solved.

Actually they fixed the problem we saw in the tagging issues of BR.  We been using FLEET GROUPS ever port battle and rolling right up to the port.  If that is going to be your excuse still cause of broken mechanics we aren't using pirate fleets any more cause the BR tag issue is fixed. IF you want to stop us from getting into a port battle than bring a fleet that can pull us.  So stop using that as your excuse.  Ink has ruled on it so ya'll need to drop it and move on or bring a fleet that can pull ours into a fight out side the port battle.

As Ink said ya'll could all ways have joined those fights, but ya'll bring trash ships and used a broken BR tag mechanic. Now that that is fixed it's on ya'll to show up and fight.  If you can't screen a fleet out properly or defend your own port in side the port battle it's not our fault.   Now that you can't use those mechanics it's funny y'all haven't even tried to screen or fight in side the battle. It really shouldn't matter what happens out side if you can't get the proper 25 man fleet in the proper ships to fight inside the port battle.  

• Like 1

They can keep the server plugged in, but the players certainly do sleep.  (especially the ones with tedious things like wives, kids, jobs, etc)

Anyhow, my point was that France was not neutral about Brits being in Haiti, and that doesn't indicate an alliance. 

2 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

They can keep the server plugged in, but the players certainly do sleep.  (especially the ones with tedious things like wives, kids, jobs, etc)

Anyhow, my point was that France was not neutral about Brits being in Haiti, and that doesn't indicate an alliance. 

But but but remember we took Cap Frans and that was an alliance and a port swap.    LOL

The only Nation Pirates have had an alliance with is Danes (well more CCCP and BLACK).   Black did an agreement with WO to stay out of each others hairs, but that is off the books as this week. Kinda think it's good ya'll been hunting the crap out of our capital and we aren't complaining about it.  It helps get folks more experience in fights and well weeds out some of the week (folks that prob jumped from US or GB any way).   

24 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

it is unfortunate that you can't make the same timers as some of us.  it is also a shame we cant play on your timers either due to work so I think we just have to accept that it is going to happen and get over it.   We chose to do it on a weekend to give you a chance.  we cannot make day times in general because of work.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Actually they fixed the problem we saw in the tagging issues of BR.  We been using FLEET GROUPS ever port battle and rolling right up to the port.  If that is going to be your excuse still cause of broken mechanics we aren't using pirate fleets any more cause the BR tag issue is fixed. IF you want to stop us from getting into a port battle than bring a fleet that can pull us.  So stop using that as your excuse.  Ink has ruled on it so ya'll need to drop it and move on or bring a fleet that can pull ours into a fight out side the port battle.

As Ink said ya'll could all ways have joined those fights, but ya'll bring trash ships and used a broken BR tag mechanic. Now that that is fixed it's on ya'll to show up and fight.  If you can't screen a fleet out properly or defend your own port in side the port battle it's not our fault.   Now that you can't use those mechanics it's funny y'all haven't even tried to screen or fight in side the battle. It really shouldn't matter what happens out side if you can't get the proper 25 man fleet in the proper ships to fight inside the port battle.  

The fact that we have to defend broken mechanics to defeat broken mechanics goes to show how awful the RVR in its entirety is.

Devs need to look at reworking conquest ASAP, because its broken as can be, I'm not surprised some nations have decided to avoid the mess

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Just now, Slim Jimmerson said:

The fact that we have to defend broken mechanics to defeat broken mechanics goes to show how awful the RVR in its entirety is.

Devs need to look at reworking conquest ASAP, because its broken as can be

they were told to turn off open world in april last year.  since then there's been layers and layers put in to try to fix something that is a fundamental flaw.  The devs are less than good at their job and recent patches are just moving further back into the "we don't have any clue" basket

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm not getting into an argument about it, I am stating fact regarding what people feel were the problems. 

Pirates were complaining that the screening fleet was just tagging and kiting them. This is a valid game mechanic and not an exploit, but it does not make it good for the game.

The Brits were complaining that the Pirates were using the outlaw battle mechanic to avoid the screen. Again as confirmed by Devs this is not an exploit, but again this does not mean it is good for the game.

These are the facts and although now you may be using the new battle group mechanic people may have already decided not to show up at port battles. They may start showing up again now that you are not using outlaw battles to circumvent the screen but who is to say that as soon as they find a way to effectively screen you out of the port battles that you will not again revert to these poor game mechanics.

Remember the Devs do not always get things correct and just because they rule one way or another on a poor game mechanic does not mean people should not campaign to get poor game mechanics removed. The Devs response to that topic was very poor and the lame excuse that anyone can join the battle is laughable as unless you join immediately the battle starts there is no way you can catch the people in the battle.

Edit: The Devs need to get to the root cause of the issues rather than applying bandages to individual problems. Their solution to one problem leads to other problems which leads us into the one step forward two steps back we have been seeing a lot of in the game. And some things they do not see as problems the players do see as problems and leads to issues with the game. They need to try and see the game from the eyes of the players sometimes.

Edited by Archaos

12 minutes ago, Fastidius said:

they were told to turn off open world in april last year.  since then there's been layers and layers put in to try to fix something that is a fundamental flaw.  The devs are less than good at their job and recent patches are just moving further back into the "we don't have any clue" basket

They could make it work within the limitations of the game. The link I posted is a great start, and not too far a jump to where it takes too much work to implement

Make screening official, make PBs more than 1 measly battle, give nations OPTIONS in how they want to approach the PB instead of the carried over sea trial battles passed off as "conquest"

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

39 minutes ago, Fastidius said:

it is unfortunate that you can't make the same timers as some of us.  it is also a shame we cant play on your timers either due to work so I think we just have to accept that it is going to happen and get over it.   We chose to do it on a weekend to give you a chance.  we cannot make day times in general because of work.

I was at both of them - no wife.  1AM-4AM is perfect for me.  However, my own clan workflips me regularly.  ;)

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

Pirates were complaining that the screening fleet was just tagging and kiting them. This is a valid game mechanic and not an exploit, but it does not make it good for the game.

Most specifically the troll tagging I showed off at PaP.

20170701124634_1.thumb.jpg.492c58d88f24ac546a7b9587e9ae414c.jpg

This got fixed with the battle group and tag circle on defender (or so I hope).

As an added (friendly) slap in the face I also showed up in the PB itself, I think I managed to piss off both enemies and allies. :lol:

The battle itself was on Saturday around 1 PM Europe time. Late evening in Aussie, early morning East Coast. Opposing time zones will always lead to either flip-flopping or stalemate. There is nothing the game can do about that, unless we start to measure who is better at PvE (which I consider a big no thank you).

Like I said earlier, if there is no agreement on terms to do battle, then there will be no battles.

Let me toss up one to begin with:

• A 25 PB Fleet must be able to defend a region, unless defeated directly in a 25x25 fight.

3 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Let me go ahead and correct you, everything that's wrong with the nations are a result of broken PB mechanics and the ability of a single nation to abuse those mechanics.

Brits-falling apart after Savannah La Mar

US-Falling apart after Savannah

All the other nations-Small and lucky they didn't have to experience it

Nation organization is a meme, all you need is a single clan to set and win PBs

Vizzini isn't all wrong.

How players approach a problem has more to do with things than RvR mechanics.  Getting Organized is a large part of that.

Where he is wrong, or at least too specific, is in the approach to creating organization.  Organization does not need to be done at the mandatory whole Nation level.  The idea of the whole nation needing to pulling together as one is what is holding you back.  France didn't get paralyzed when one large clan disagreed with several smaller ones and we split goals.  They moved on in their own directions. France didn't fold when Danes "night flipped" French ports or when the AUZES "half night flipped" Haiti.  Neither events were all that earth shattering and the individual clans of France each found different ways of dealing with it at the clan levels because they were not expecting a "French Council" to guide them through it. 65% of the clans came back and started punching the Danes in the face. 35% cut deals with the Danes and did other things. The nation still didn't collapse because it was clan based and clan goal accepting. To this day France has only lost one small Clan that I can think of and that was following the initial Dane take over of Basse Terre.  The majority have argued and fought with each other in Nat chat often. Sometimes really nasty. But they haven't broken because the organization level that evolved was clan based and in the end accepting of different clan goals and attitudes. Nothing required a 100% vote for the others to go along with it. WO made a deal with BLACK. The rest of us didn't have that deal but we honored it  because a brother clan was working on a goal it had.  ICS made deals with the Danes. The rest of us didn't honor it but we also didn't try to stop ICS from playing they way they wanted too by hopping nations and shooting them.  Just reluctantly accepted that they had a different view. Part of that strength is that there is no "French Council" trying to control it all.

Nation "councils" are incredibly slow reacting machines.  Trying to get 100% votes and unity on global fast developing events is nearly impossible in democratic systems.   So if you want a democratic system you should devise methods of looser requirements and above all figure out how to be more accepting of other clans goals, deals and such that you might not 100% agree.  But 60-80% of your nation working on the same non-specific goal may not be as powerful and 100% on a specific goal. But its more flexible, faster to react and less prone to becoming politically brittle enough to break easily.  So what if those guys over there think we MUST have 25 1st rates or we can't RvR!   Just continue your privateer life. Support them if and when they do get 25 1st rates in play but otherwise do your own thing while they do theirs.  If you are part of that single minded clan that is positive the nation has to have a 25 1st rate death star fleet then be a bit more open minded that others might not see it that way. Start building 1st rates and hand them out. Maybe they will come over to your way of thinking.  Maybe they will prove you wrong and start having successes in Connies in ways you hadn't thought of.  When you stop trying to force the rest of the nation to play one specific way more options start to appear anyway.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bach said:

Nation "councils" are incredibly slow reacting machines.  Trying to get 100% votes and unity on global fast developing events is nearly impossible in democratic systems.   So if you want a democratic system you should devise methods of looser requirements and above all figure out how to be more accepting of other clans goals, deals and such that you might not 100% agree.  But 60-80% of your nation working on the same non-specific goal may not be as powerful and 100% on a specific goal.

Which is what is happening right now and it's not working , that's the point I am making, there is little to no organization . I'm not sure I am so wrong as to try and get that point across. Nowhere did I provide a road map to how thinks should be , other that get organized . That doesn't mean we should all join into one clan, it might help if we had a bigger clan taking more of a lead. Or at least talking to each other , right now getting barked at in nation chat with childish remarks isn't helping anybody

2 hours ago, Bach said:

Vizzini isn't all wrong.

How players approach a problem has more to do with things than RvR mechanics.  Getting Organized is a large part of that.

Where he is wrong, or at least too specific, is in the approach to creating organization.  Organization does not need to be done at the mandatory whole Nation level.  The idea of the whole nation needing to pulling together as one is what is holding you back.  France didn't get paralyzed when one large clan disagreed with several smaller ones and we split goals.  They moved on in their own directions. France didn't fold when Danes "night flipped" French ports or when the AUZES "half night flipped" Haiti.  Neither events were all that earth shattering and the individual clans of France each found different ways of dealing with it at the clan levels because they were not expecting a "French Council" to guide them through it. 65% of the clans came back and started punching the Danes in the face. 35% cut deals with the Danes and did other things. The nation still didn't collapse because it was clan based and clan goal accepting. To this day France has only lost one small Clan that I can think of and that was following the initial Dane take over of Basse Terre.  The majority have argued and fought with each other in Nat chat often. Sometimes really nasty. But they haven't broken because the organization level that evolved was clan based and in the end accepting of different clan goals and attitudes. Nothing required a 100% vote for the others to go along with it. WO made a deal with BLACK. The rest of us didn't have that deal but we honored it  because a brother clan was working on a goal it had.  ICS made deals with the Danes. The rest of us didn't honor it but we also didn't try to stop ICS from playing they way they wanted too by hopping nations and shooting them.  Just reluctantly accepted that they had a different view. Part of that strength is that there is no "French Council" trying to control it all.

Nation "councils" are incredibly slow reacting machines.  Trying to get 100% votes and unity on global fast developing events is nearly impossible in democratic systems.   So if you want a democratic system you should devise methods of looser requirements and above all figure out how to be more accepting of other clans goals, deals and such that you might not 100% agree.  But 60-80% of your nation working on the same non-specific goal may not be as powerful and 100% on a specific goal. But its more flexible, faster to react and less prone to becoming politically brittle enough to break easily.  So what if those guys over there think we MUST have 25 1st rates or we can't RvR!   Just continue your privateer life. Support them if and when they do get 25 1st rates in play but otherwise do your own thing while they do theirs.  If you are part of that single minded clan that is positive the nation has to have a 25 1st rate death star fleet then be a bit more open minded that others might not see it that way. Start building 1st rates and hand them out. Maybe they will come over to your way of thinking.  Maybe they will prove you wrong and start having successes in Connies in ways you hadn't thought of.  When you stop trying to force the rest of the nation to play one specific way more options start to appear anyway.

This is why I'm jealous of france/denmark/sweden. They were lucky to not get their capital meme'd out by the PB exploit. 

When your entire nation shows up to defend the most important port on the map, everyone ready to do what it takes to win the day. Then the enemy fleet out of nowhere pops into port, everyone knowing once it reached that point we were finished.

That mounted on top by the insulting response to from the devs. There wasn't a single US player who didn't feel absolutely cheated.

3 major clans jumped ship immediately, along with others, leaving US with NO leadership, NO fleet and NO options.

The nail in the coffin is for the US to take what remains of its SOL fleet and throw it at Savannah. After that US is out of the game for good until map reset/wipe, no one is going to stick around for 1-2 months at a time to throw their ships at a brick wall, it not like a border port, this is a capital region with 25 1st rates and dozens of frigates that can attack us anywhere.

Disgusting behavior by the devs. You've singlehandedly killed a nation for seemingly no reason other than laziness or fear of backlash by the vocal pirate minority.

5 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

This is why I'm jealous of france/denmark/sweden. They were lucky to not get their capital meme'd out by the PB exploit. 

When your entire nation shows up to defend the most important port on the map, everyone ready to do what it takes to win the day. Then the enemy fleet out of nowhere pops into port, everyone knowing once it reached that point we were finished.

That mounted on top by the insulting response to from the devs. There wasn't a single US player who didn't feel absolutely cheated.

3 major clans jumped ship immediately, along with others, leaving US with NO leadership, NO fleet and NO options.

The nail in the coffin is for the US to take what remains of its SOL fleet and throw it at Savannah. After that US is out of the game for good until map reset/wipe, no one is going to stick around for 1-2 months at a time to throw their ships at a brick wall, it not like a border port, this is a capital region with 25 1st rates and dozens of frigates that can attack us anywhere.

Disgusting behavior by the devs. You've singlehandedly killed a nation for seemingly no reason other than laziness or fear of backlash by the vocal pirate minority.

Another way to look at it...

Taking back Savannah is NOT the first step to your attempted comeback.  As you suggest, you probably are not likely to win given current circumstances and throwing yourself into a futile effort will only make things worse.  

One port should not define the US as a nation -- totally agree on the morale hit you took the way it ultimately went down.  How about instead, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, do what you need to do, perhaps solidifying yourself in the gulf or wherever.  Rebuild, re-outfit, gain confidence, pick at the edges.  The US still has a significant population if you can get past the feeling cheated and start working towards rebuilding instead.  The pirates can't be everywhere at once so take other 'wins' that are out there for you one sink at a time as you work towards the ultimate prize.

Then only when you're ready, take back Savannah -- that will be the last notice to the server that the US is indeed back and ready to take on all comers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Dude I don't know where you came from. I don't know if you're an alt just trolling or some carebear that only now learned how to use global chat or the forums. You're annoying as hell with your broken record bullshit. You do know that Savannah was taken by the pirates a bunch of times and the US hadn't beat the pirates in a 25 vs 25 fight in a very long time and never won a battle with big ships. That is why you lost the port and will lose others as well. Ask Lionshaft to tell you the history of the US  for the past year and if he is honest, he'll tell you the same thing I just did. Also I say Lionshaft because everybody else from a year ago either quit or left the nation

• Like 1

Just now, Simon Cadete said:

Dude I don't know where you came from. I don't know if you're an alt just trolling or some carebear that only now learned how to use global chat or the forums. You're annoying as hell with your broken record bullshit. You do know that Savannah was taken by the pirates a bunch of times and the US hadn't beat the pirates in a 25 vs 25 fight in a very long time and never won a battle with big ships. That is why you lost the port and will lose others as well. Ask Lionshaft to tell you the history of the US  for the past year and if he is honest, he'll tell you the same thing I just did. Also I say Lionshaft because everybody else from a year ago either quit or left the nation

What an uncanny resemblance to @Duncan McFail. Pirate hivemind perhaps? Too much koolaid? A simple troll?

rollingtrolling.thumb.png.372255da78aae1e98c144250ed43ac3a.png

Either way, you should educate yourself on the situation before spouting nonsense. We're talking about RECENT events from post wipe. Not NA from a year ago, which was a completely different game. Be gone silly rat, enough of your #PiratesDidNothingWrong@SavannahUS2k17 smoke and mirrors.