Game-Labs Forum

Spain is at War

Senhor Lenhador

Like i said i don't really care for diplomacy or forum crusading anymore. No one else has the ability to stop me from finding a good time in this game. At some point all this regurgitated bullshit just loses its appeal. I just want to see more than 200 ppl online at primetime 6 months from now. I hate to see people leave Spain for avoidable reasons, but honestly id even rather see them play for GB then leave the game and a negative review on steam.

Never was one for diplomacy, heck never even joined any clan. Just join random people from other clans in RvR when i feel like it. But it gets kind of annoying when random Spanish players start whispering you "why are you doing this to us?!" as if i was camp guard in auschwitz, while its a few walking talking napoleon complexes, on your side that are refusing to better the game for their own national players for the sake of their ego.

• Like 1

Is it so difficult to understand that betrayed us, they threaten us on leave us without ports and waged a campaign to discredit us without precedents?

On this server we will ally ourselves always with whoever be necessary against Britain.

And if one day they destroy us or force alliance we will fill their battles with our ships without firing once against the enemy.

They have made a strong bet against the wrong enemy. Their wiles and lack of sportsmanship will not go unpunished. Spanish players never forget.

You're saying that Britain betrayed you yet it was Britain who did everything possible to ensure peace whilst you insisted on war?

You were warned that if under attack on two fronts Britain would have no option but to neutralise you as a threat (to protect it's own player base) and close one front, yet you still resent Britain for doing so.

You say that you will always ally against Britain no matter what, despite British players having no desire to fight you continually.

I really don't think the British council have any desire to 'one-port' Spain and do not see this as a likely outcome. What I think Britain will do is push Spain back as far as it takes to safely secure that border and no further - indeed I hope that this is the end result.

All-in-all you pick a fight with an enemy that you claim is stronger than you yet does not want to fight you. Then, upon starting this fight you get upset when you get beaten.

I mean, if I was to physically attack the world boxing champion despite them not wanting to fight, I can hardly complain when he whips my ass!

Is it so difficult to understand that betrayed us, they threaten us on leave us without ports and waged a campaign to discredit us without precedents?

On this server we will ally ourselves always with whoever be necessary against Britain.

And if one day they destroy us or force alliance we will fill their battles with our ships without firing once against the enemy.

They have made a strong bet against the wrong enemy. Their wiles and lack of sportsmanship will not go unpunished. Spanish players never forget.

we will fill their battles with our ships without firing once  ...........dont understand your point .. you do that now ....its the reason we dont want a constant fight with spain .....there is only one thing more boring than taking an empty port battle ...and that is a port battle full of Spanish ... chasing you around the circle while you shoot at sails isnt fun ...

Edited by Grundgemunkey

Never was one for diplomacy, heck never even joined any clan. Just join random people from other clans in RvR when i feel like it. But it gets kind of annoying when random Spanish players start whispering you "why are you doing this to us?!" as if i was camp guard in auschwitz, while its a few walking talking napoleon complexes, on your side that are refusing to better the game for their own national players for the sake of their ego.

I often wonder how much more fun things would have been had we stayed aligned with GB or the US at the beginning. The alliance blocks would look quite different. Who knows, we might have ended fighting a united Antilles front lol. Unfortunately it didn't work out and that, as they say, is that.

• Like 2

I often wonder how much more fun things would have been had we stayed aligned with GB or the US at the beginning. The alliance blocks would look quite different. Who knows, we might have ended fighting a united Antilles front lol. Unfortunately it didn't work out and that, as they say, is that.

Yeah we can thank a few people from SLRN on the British side and a few people from RAE on Spain for going into a rooster fight and pulling us into it. 

• Like 1

You think : US, Spain, Great Britain, South America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and so on... against France, Holland, some Russians playing Danemark and some germans playing Suede ?

You are right, you had been on the good side of the hammer.

Alanxo Basque privateer

• Like 1

You think : US, Spain, Great Britain, South America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and so on... against France, Holland, some Russians playing Danemark and some germans playing Suede ?

You are right, you had been on the good side of the hammer.

Alanxo Basque privateer

Rock on dude, i have no idea what you are trying to say here:( Edited by Potemkin

No need to brag about gulf of mexico and others undefended port conquests, there is really nothing to be proud of, port reset is coming that month, i don't know who would care to defend ~10+ shallow ports a sunday afternoon of august in those conditions. Don't tell me you were expecting them to defend better than what they've done, moreover when this actual boring PB / conquest mecanics will dissapear/change in a few weeks.

I've heard fair fights happened, everybody should stick to that as it's what is keeping us playing this game, no need to give advice about strategy, politic, ego, drama, when you deny Spain from taking back ports with the use of timers. I hope spain will hold on and keep good moral and fighting spirit, and maybe come back stronger after port reset.

As a french independent player i've tried to help screening a little but all of that happened too fast. As i've said i don't know much about relations between our nations via diplomats but I hope that we will strengthen our communications and cooperation.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 4

Mr. Gooneybird,

you wrote :

16 Pages of emotions and all this about a wargame.

Spain attacked the allied Dutch,

Spain chose to declare war to the Brits.

Brits hit back.

End of story.

As Spanish diplomat let me tell you : How can a Brit diplomat write such poor statement ?

It is clearly accepted that this large scale offensive was prepared to punish the arrogant Spaniards. 

We admit it is a clear victory upon an isolated faction, but for God sake try to remain humble since the fight was not so hard.

Had the September wipe not be expected this situation would be really wrongly taken,

but we assume that Brits wanted to have a last  "baroud d'honneur" and the Spansh map position appeared to be the easiest way to do it.

Let us all hope that the new patch map will bring better geopolitical balance. 

Cheers

Frog

Edited by Celtiberofrog
  • Like 1

You have my respect too because I once talked to you and you seemed a reasonable person and somebody you can talk to avoiding bad feelings. I even forgot that private chat you sent me :)

But I would want you to put on my own shoes (these might not be the words) as a Spanish captain.

First, we have ships, money and the willing to fight for those ports you took from us in a weekend.

Second, they way some of your captains talk to us here in the forum is doing nothing but get the situation worse (the same can be expected from our people, I understand that too)

Third, we are repetedly told to hold our horses and stay quiet but what would be the purpose?

If we do that, you are free to do the same to France or Danmark ( I don't include the swedish here because although they switched to war with GB they haven't attacked you yet) and we don't want that happening again.

So we just have to try to capture our ports back, nothing less nothing more.

We didn't lose several battles in the same day. It's as simple as we didn't have people that weekend and you just took advantage of it.

When I left my house on saturday morning we had 45 ports, when I came back on Sunday night we had ....well, you know the numbers.

A different scenario would be if we were losing ports for a month and people were tired enough to fight... that's not what happens here and now.

So, we must fight and that's what we'll do.

I personally would love to get fights for every port making the victories meaningful rather than hollow but surely Spain must understand where we are coming from we would rather have Spain as our allies rather than our enemy but that will never happen unless we the elder statesman of our respective nations can see past the respective map position and look to the strategic need of both nations.

We the British do not want to be looking over our shoulders all the time at what Spain is doing we wish to be looking forward to our front.

sadly at this time we cannot do this so bottling us Spain or trying to is a strategic must this would release us to push East or hold the ground we have.

Having a sustained peace with Spain is in both nations interest.

In Spain case it would provide a solid base to move forward with agreement with new allies it would allow Spain to grow its player base which we all want to see we don't want to see it destroyed and I do agree nothing galvanises a nation more than being rolled back to a few ports, but it only galvanises the most pationate amongst us or those that don't just role over a die or reroll for better times.

So I respect every Spanish Captain who wants to fight but look at it this way Spain on her own is never going to beat Britain as many have said we have to big a player base she may win a fight or two but ultimately we will win the war. Now I am not arrogant but this is how is see the current situation. The fact that we cannot reduce you at this time to 0 ports means we cannot win the map this may change in the future.

• Like 1

Point 1: Maybe you don't know that you can enter enemy ports with the smuggler flag enabled....

Point 2: you can do as many missions as you want/need near La Habana, can't you? So, you can earn money, XP and you might even want to capture some AI's traders to get free materials....but this is only a suggestion...

Point 3: maybe those considering moving to another nation have the good will of giving the spanish captains a little bit of time to talk, coordinate and organice something.

If we are not asking too much, would you do us a favour and give us this time or do we need to take those ports back inmediately if we want to keep you playing for Spain? You do know that when you lose a port you can't attack it for 48h, don't you?

As i said before, 4 days ago we had 45 ports. I'm sure that number might have been enough for trade, missions and crafting....or maybe not.

Point 4: do you know that if you can man a Mercury or even a snow you are a very capable captain to capture/defend a shallow port? Do you know that you can watch for flags and fleets when we are under attack? The real problem in this game is people don't realise how useful they can be even at a low rank. Everybody can help if they really want to. Just show your will to help and I'm sure you can help in ways you might not even considered before.

Finally: if you are so committed, I can give you money and ships to help you out in your first steps. Just contact me ingame and I'll do it.

Some mistakes expected, I'm from my phone.

Point 1: I do, but that would only make me a possible target not only for enemies (which I would be without smuggler's flag), but for Spanish as well, as I understand.

Point 2: 5k gold for 20-30 minute fight sailing in circles shooting at AI? 10 hours of that for 100k gold? No thanx.

Point 3: No need for sarcasm. I would give all the time needed. But you said you would never surrender and would fight with basic ships from the last port. And I disagree with that. And that was the issue we were talking about.

Point 4: I kept asking what is happening in chat. Everybody was talking in Spanish, would only get some info like enemy is coming there and there. There was no organized defense for us in nation chat. When Americans pulled flag on Cayo del Sal I lost a ship tagging flag carrier with another Spanish player. When they attacked Alacranes and that port with an S in the south of it I was trying to tag enemy flag with my Snow. When they attacked Pinar del Rio I built an outpost there just to buy mortar brig because that was the only thing I could sail to use there and defend it until 2 am. So, I'm not sitting idly on my ass. But no one ever said in chat "I'm forming a def fleet, join us" (maybe they did say it in Spanish, dunno that). I can't do that because Is tarted playing this game maybe 2 weeks ago and don't know enough and therefore wouldn't dare to lead something like that.

We need some semblance of organisation. Seeing endless list of lost ports every night is demoralising. We need an effort at least. To lift the spirits.

But I can't do only that because it takes a lot of time and sometimes I just want to log for 15-20 minutes and do a trade run and maybe craft some stuff and for that we need some area where we can do that without a HIGH risk of getting ganked and robbed.

I, and I think some other players, don't find it fun to spend our evenings just doing suicidal battles in basic grey ships from habana and nothing else.

My point was that if we see that we can't win or that we will end up as one port nation, there is no need for pointless bravado but it is time for diplomacy so we get some ports back.

I wasn't saying that we should immediately lay on our backs and play dead.

EDIT: I am here and willing to fight. This weekend I will leave Saturday whole day and evening just to fight. My ingame name is Bernal Diaz. Organize me. tell me what to do and how to do it. Make me, and others that are in small ships or low ranks and are online a part of it and we'll fight. We will screen, scout defend, but don't just organize it with big clans without anyone knowing anything. we want to fight tooo, not just be onlookers, because we also need those ports, more than high ranks do. But we are beginners, so we need help and instructions how and what to do.

Edited by Todbringer
  • Like 3

Point 1: I do, but that would only make me a possible target not only for enemies (which I would be without smuggler's flag), but for Spanish as well, as I understand.

Since last content patch it is not possible to attack a smuggler from the same Nation as yours, was possible before the patch but not anymore.

And therefore it will never ever stop. Because we will never have another choice. And no, not again porttimers. There are much more problems in our relation than porttimers and some of them are on your ticket, too. Even when you, unfortunately, do not see it.

No need to brag about gulf of mexico and others undefended port conquests, there is really nothing to be proud of, port reset is coming that month, i don't know who would care to defend ~10+ shallow ports a sunday afternoon of august in those conditions. Don't tell me you were expecting them to defend better than what they've done, moreover when this actual boring PB / conquest mecanics will dissapear/change in a few weeks.

I've heard fair fights happened, everybody should stick to that as it's what is keeping us playing this game, no need to give advice about strategy, politic, ego, drama, when you deny Spain from taking back ports with the use of timers. I hope spain will hold on and keep good moral and fighting spirit, and maybe come back stronger after port reset.

As a french independent player i've tried to help screening a little but all of that happened too fast. As i've said i don't know much about relations between our nations via diplomats but I hope that we will strengthen our communications and cooperation.

so if its boring taking undefended ports why are they bothered about the timers all the ports we took will also be undefended .. what your saying is spanish or moaning about nothing ...we knew that anyway

This thread may actually inspire the devs to develop a proper peace negotiation mechanic with a war score system and the possibility to enforce a truce between two nations once peace is signed. A nation with a high enough war score could impose it's terms on the losing side,including a 1 month truce, for example.

I now they are suppose to enhance the diplomatic aspect in a future patch, but I wonder if they plan to go as far.

You know what Serk...this is exactly what I have been thinking...the new alliance voting does not entertain when a nation wants to 'surrender' or 'sue for peace'.

I wonder across the Spanish base how many players still want war with the British (this is not the same as saying you like them !!).

Having to resort to these measures despite already sitting on ~100 ports seems kinda embarrassing, but maybe it's an acquired taste. Thank god that we left before acquiring it. :D

tenakha talks of the brittish subjugating the Spanish and that the French will continue to support their ally spain.who in turn should never surrender.

when black Friday happened , the brittish told their ally , france , that they were organising a fleet to come help them with danes.

brittain did not get this time , because after 2 days , france capitulated , allied themselves with the danes and declared war on brittain.

the French have left their very honourable ally spain , on their own with no support for nearly a WEEK , and yet spain STILL holds out on its own.

some people seem to have very short memories , and very different versions of the truth.

I for my part give great credit to the Spanish in the way they have conducted this war , with NO help from their so-called allies.

well done spain , I salute you all , you are a credit to your ships and your nation

slaught o7

• Like 11

Well, it has been a good day for us. We defended very well the flag for Robras, we captured some ships, sank others, and the final surprise: we struck back and captured 2 british ports.

Maybe we are not as dead as you thought  :)

Tomorrow.....well, who knows.

Edited by _Alucard_
  • Like 11

Well, it has been a good day for us. We defended very well the flag for Robras, we captured some ships, sank others, and the final surprise: we struck back and captured 2 british ports.

Indeed you did! Fine PVP today I'd say. you had our fleet outgunned 2-1 (Or even more so) which should be expected when intercepting a flag. Well fought today at Robras. Spain fielded what, 40 guys today in a single spot? I do suppose Spain is not as underpopulated as you keep calling yourselves.

Today showed you clearly still have more than adequate numbers to fight, and fight you did. Don't just roll over and complain when things get tough. You guys outnumbered and outgunned us very well, so good job on that. I look forward to more fighting with you and your allies. (If your allies decide to help you guys at all....)

Rear Admiral Cutler Beckett, Commander of HMS Serendipty

Edited by Lord Cutler Beckett
  • Like 2

Very well done Spain we figured when we had your first 2 groups in battle with the screen (got my brand new Victory Sunk) we might get to the port, but you had both the numbers and the ships today.

Also no need to thank us Brits for bringing your nation together like never before. :) 

See you on the battlefield

30 ports lost in one weekend is stupidity. That is not good game play that is a group of player taking advantage of a circumstance that has absolutely no other good outcome but damage to the game period. " We will teach you a lesson"

:lol: Remind me, when the new port battle mechanics are in, to tell the story of a 1000 flags...

If Ink had been spilled, then Exterminatus would have been upon us.

With the (limited) Exterminatus now in sight, I think I can start writing it up. :)

Lets just say for now, there is grounds in the plight of Spain and we'll let Chaos reign until that time comes.

Because port and resource resets are coming within next 2 months, we can focus test some interesting and potentially crazy ideas that will be impossible to test after release.