Game-Labs Forum

Spain is at War

Senhor Lenhador

You know what Serk...this is exactly what I have been thinking...the new alliance voting does not entertain when a nation wants to 'surrender' or 'sue for peace'.

I wonder across the Spanish base how many players still want war with the British (this is not the same as saying you like them !!).

Are you saying the Alliance mechanic is inadequate to deal with players needs?

The almost sounds like Heresy. ;)

Are you saying the Alliance mechanic is inadequate to deal with players needs?

The almost sounds like Heresy. ;)

No, unlike some I don't describe things like flags etc being broken, I recognise this is an Alpha test of an evolving set of mechanics ;)

I do think its a little funny we have a mechanic to declare war....and not one to sue for peace or surrender....

• Like 2

Well, it has been a good day for us. We defended very well the flag for Robras, we captured some ships, sank others, and the final surprise: we struck back and captured 2 british ports.

Maybe we are not as dead as you thought  :)

Tomorrow.....well, who knows.

indeed .... although the only people claiming the death of Spain on this thread were the Spanish ...

• Like 1

I would also like to add my congratulations to the Spanish faction for their work last night in defending Robras and capturing two British ports. It was good to see two sides actually engaging in good combat with each other and even though I was fighting for the British, it was good to see the Spanish coming out on top.

How dare you enjoy a good fight? This game is clearly about winning through avoiding fights, :P

Running all over only to get to ports to late when calling in British nation chat for help there was apathetic silence or my ship is to small to help there was even calls to go grinding fleets. o7 to Spain for getting those ports the talk in nation chat was completely Spain is done, which one is a fake? They don't have enough to take 3 at once!

Even though in the fight I was involved in it resulted in me losing a dura on my Inger I really enjoyed the fights.

• Like 2

Just adding my $0.02 to what a few other British captains have already posted.  The operational/tactical environment yesterday (and to great extent the day prior) was starkly different from that of the preceding few days (roughly Fri through Mon).  I tip my hat to the Spanish captains with whom we traded gunfire yesterday.

In my own education and development as an RvR captain, I see now the Achilles' heel of the "pull multiple flags simultaneously" tactic.  It works...to get you 90% of the way to the end goal.  Eventually a point is reached where there's few (or even only one) significant target port whose flag can be pulled at any given time.  Obviously, in this current iteration of Britain-Spain conflict, that point has been reached...and its name is Robras.

The zerg is over (for now, anyway).  Hard fights ahead.  Looking forward to them. o7 Dons.

• Like 2

Did we recovered south Cuba ports in fucking Manila timers?.... There's no possible.... British have miriades of players playing on these timers..... They need it...... Hum... Strange.....

not strange ..several reasons

1  we dont have the player base that you claim 

2  we dont need it

3 we cant be bothered with you

4 all the above

take your pick

1  we dont have the player base that you claim 

2  we dont need it

4 all the above

take your pick

Sorry so mistake is mine.... As You has 80℅ of groenlandia timers I thought You has 80% of players playing at these timers.... Sorry again...

Last night in our nation TS we had 12 hunting on Spanish cutter at GT after that timer expired forced by my hand I said we should sail to defend Manzanilla this fell on Def ears so I logged out and played WoW. When the flag was bought a few said are we going to defend it I said no. but the real truth of the matter was that we would have never of made it to port because of the screener fleet protecting the pb fleet hope Spain enjoyed another uncontested. Port Battle.

Edited by Llewellyn Jones RN

Xd.....

Yes but.... If You don't have players at these timers.... Why You put these timers????..... XD

simple remember when Spanish nation after santiago said ..they were refusing to fight anymore ... and trolled the forum with "we are taking brits fun away enjoy taking empty ports "   .. then you changed your minds and declared war on Britain

well we decided to take your fun away ...so have fun taking back your empty ports at 4am ..

you complain about British players having more players than you ...you accuse british players of using exploits which is untrue.. you complain about port timers ...all you own fault you declared war an British nation ...you are the aggressors it was your choice to start a war and now your complaining ..no sympathy .... and getting back to the port timers issue why do you have all your port timers set so the US cannot attack spain ...put your own house in order first before you complain about anyone else ..hypocrites

hope Spain enjoyed another uncontested. Port Battle.

This statement is hilarious, coming from a member of the British nation, who conquered half the map with empty PB's :)

Edited by Serk
  • Like 3

This statement is hilarious, coming from a member of the British nation, who conquered half the map with empty PB's :)

Oh I would have loved to enjoy a contested battle but I am one of those unfortunate British who is on at a time when port battles are a premium which often means I miss the fun and frolics.

12 people trying to engage a Basic Cutter? You surpised me, I thought you needed more ;)

At least I had the sence to get a cutter to hunt you down most of those twelve were covering the approaches to GT

simple remember when Spanish nation after santiago said ..they were refusing to fight anymore ... and trolled the forum with "we are taking brits fun away enjoy taking empty ports "   .. then you changed your minds and declared war on Britain

well we decided to take your fun away ...so have fun taking back your empty ports at 4am ..

you complain about British players having more players than you ...you accuse british players of using exploits which is untrue.. you complain about port timers ...all you own fault you declared war an British nation ...you are the aggressors it was your choice to start a war and now your complaining ..no sympathy .... and getting back to the port timers issue why do you have all your port timers set so the US cannot attack spain ...put your own house in order first before you complain about anyone else ..hypocrites

Well all we said it's true... but now you are testing your own meal and saying bullshit... Change your mind, start playing like men and not like childrats and we will have real PB back. ;)

BTW, we declare war? wtf? we haven't been in peace for the last year xD We are the agressor? wtf? You conquered all of our ports but a couple in the sourth of cuba and the ones in the north... that's just doesn't make any sense jajaaja

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar

1 we dont have the player base that you claim

2 we dont need it

4 all the above

take your pick

????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't know why, but you always have the truth...????

• Like 1

I

Well all we said it's true... but now you are testing your own meal and saying bullshit... Change your mind, start playing like men and not like childrats and we will have real PB back. ;)

BTW, we declare war? wtf? we haven't been in peace for the last year xD We are the agressor? wtf? You conquered all of our ports but a couple in the sourth of cuba and the ones in the north... that's just doesn't make any sense jajaaja

think Grungemonkey was referring to the Three Admirals treaty.

If you all want a common enemy...please...attack my ISP...3rd day with no internet....will there even be any ports left !!

There are a few things here, personal insults, out of order. Claims of cheating...or exploiting unless backed up by evidence....out of order (IMO).

As for the 'blitzkrieg' or to give it its proper name #SpainPainTrain (no blitzes for another 120 odd years), this was the direct result of the Brits needing to make a tactical choice.

Spain declared war on Britain, lets not get into the shenanaghins about the 3 admiral treaty, diplomacy, insta-port attack.

The declaration of war while the Brits were losing ground to the Danes, Swedes, Pirates in Haiti/South Cuba, while the Dutch were losing ports in Haiti and on their own East Flank, exposed the Brits to a very bad position.

Immediately after Spain declared war, it started off by "winning" taking south cuba, misterioasa and Little Caymen. I see no sad panda posts around this period of the war.

Spain had MORE NUMBERS than Australia in Aussie TZ. Lets be clear here, 8pm in Australia is midday in Spain. We are in the middle of Spanish holidays.

The Brits (and their Allies) had a simple situation.

We are being attacked (and are losing) on both the East and West flank.

The tactic. Focus on one flank. "Break" them, then with that Flank secure/in hold mode, turn to the other flank and engage there.

This is what the Brits did. After several consecutive nights of meeting SUPERIOR numbers in the Aussie timezone in the Yucutan, we co-ordinated with our allies and in 2 nights we broke Spain there...at the same time our 'day shift' stuck the knife into the southern belly of Cuba 'proper'.

For Britain and her allies to win 'the war', we need to break a flank, to make that flank not be a threat anymore.

Forget timers, forget looking for a fair fight, forget the game is in alpha and testing and things will change.

Tactically. That is what was needed and was done.

But dont forget, Spain successfully defended Cuyo repeatadly, indeed nearly took Xu Pha until Brits ALLIES came and helped. When we did break through we attacked with THREE fleets totaling about 42 players, split into a 'mad shallow island capping' unit of 6-8 players, a full 4th rate fleet and about 6-8 screeners...who incidentally were defeated (well stopped) by SUPERIOR numbers at Baja in AUSTRALIAN TIMEZONE (this would have been 40-50 Spanish defenders against 35-40 Brit Allied aggressors)....so lets not have all this we 'dont' have anyone on. This was like 12-4pm Spain time. There were ZERO Spanish allies present. 30% of the Brit force were Dutch/US (and thanks btw).

The Brits have the biggest player base. It is split across US (25%), Euro (50%) and Oceanic (25%) timezones (approx)...that is our STRENGTH...when you attack us....when you declare war against us...DO NOT expect us to not use that strength. If you wan't to fight someone with a 90% Eurotimezone....protip : pick a different enemy.

Spain is losing because it is alone and it's allies are not helping.

The Brits are beating Spain because our allies helped us.

"Choose your friends well and your enemies better." - Jeheil-Sun-Zoo 1803 Cuyo Sports Bar...while internet was down

Then....where is that 25% this nights ??? Fishing ?? Maybe dancing in Jamaica ?? Taking a breath ??? Looking for empty ports to attack ?? Or maybe your Captains are tired of following your leaders ??

Finally i must ask to chat moderators why the Spanish have to continue to endure racist and ignorante insults in the global chat by certain players of the British faction.

Edited by Jorge
  • Like 3